Profile for Guy C. Burr > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Guy C. Burr "cliffstar3" RSS Feed (Old Hickory, TN United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Elvira's Movie Macabre: Satanic Rites of Dracula / The Werewolf of Washington
Elvira's Movie Macabre: Satanic Rites of Dracula / The Werewolf of Washington
DVD ~ Elvira's Movie Macabre
Price: $8.31
37 used & new from $3.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD! Elvira is hilarious!, June 21, 2011
Elvira make these, um, "classic" films worth watching! She's hilarious- can't wait for more! I hope she releases: Giant Gila Monster, Don't Look in the Basement, Lady Frankenstein, Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter, Bucket of Blood, and of course the Halloween and Christmas episodes!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2012 2:35 AM PST

Elvira's Movie Macabre: Night of Living Dead / I Eat Your SKin
Elvira's Movie Macabre: Night of Living Dead / I Eat Your SKin
DVD ~ Elvira's Movie Macabre
Offered by Media Favorites
Price: $4.99
43 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dvd! Great Show!, June 21, 2011
Love these dvds- can't wait for more! I'm hoping for another season in the fall as well! I just love Elvira!

Movies on this one are almost good enough to watch by themselves, but with Elvira popping up as often as she does: So much fun!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2011 12:34 PM PDT

Happiness Is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown
Happiness Is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown
DVD ~ Austin Lux
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $10.59
93 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, May 13, 2011
Just watched this DVD a few nights ago- and was blown away!! The style was at once classic but also slightly updated for today- with different camera angles and the like. Honestly, I probably sound crazy but often as I read the strips in the new collection of books that are coming out- I imagined a special really close to the style of this one. It is pretty sad though! But so happy with it!

I just hope they continue to make more similar to this- with Peppermint Patty and Marcie too! The strips have sooo many story lines that would be great as specials, I think they have ample material to produce more classics like this. Love it!

Rhoda: Season 1
Rhoda: Season 1
DVD ~ Valerie Harper
Price: $8.13
18 used & new from $8.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Rhoda- can't wait for more on dvd!, September 3, 2009
This review is from: Rhoda: Season 1 (DVD)
I just love Rhoda! It was such a great show in its own right- and as a companion to Mary Tyler Moore. I loved seeing the wedding and all of Rhoda's hilarious exploits with her sister Brenda and of course her mother!! (Still one of the all time greatest TV Moms!) I sincerely love this show and this dvd package- I really hope Rhoda doesn't run into the same trouble Mary had on dvd (where it took years and years between some season releases- and it's still no finished!) But since this is a different company (Shout) I'm sure things will be a lot smoother for all us Rhoda fans! (Now all we need is some Phyllis!)

The Mary Tyler Moore Show: Season 5
The Mary Tyler Moore Show: Season 5
DVD ~ Mary Tyler Moore
Offered by westcoastmedia
Price: $12.42
27 used & new from $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars YES!!!! Amazing Show, May 18, 2009
Can't wait for this season! And 6 & 7!! Mary only got better with time and I can't wait to see these seasons again!!!!

The Mary Tyler Moore Show: The Complete Series
The Mary Tyler Moore Show: The Complete Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Just glad to have them!, February 11, 2009
Although obviously I would prefer to not have to repurchase seasons 1-4, I am just very thankful to finally be able to own the entire show. I am a super fan of MTM and for years have barely been able to watch my seasons 1-4 dvds because it simply made me too mad that they wimped out and didn't release the whole thing. So- yeah- kinda sucks because the ones who would buy this must already have the other ones- but as I have long said about seasons 5-7, "I'll take them however I can get them!!!"

It would be cool if you could get some sort of rebate from the previous seasons proof of purchase or something though. But, whatever!

Can't wait til Love is finally all around!!!! This amazing show finally will be available!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2009 9:29 AM PST

The Mary Tyler Moore Show - The Complete Second Season (1971)
The Mary Tyler Moore Show - The Complete Second Season (1971)
DVD ~ Mary Tyler Moore
Offered by westcoastmedia
Price: $12.30
33 used & new from $3.17

5.0 out of 5 stars A Letter to Heaven, June 25, 2005
Dear God, first of all- THANK YOU!! for finally allowing the nice people at Fox DVD to release Mary Tyler Moore Season Two. When the first set was released I thought all my dreams were finally going to come true. Sadly, I found that fate had played a cruel joke on me and left me with a very sad dvd box set, that set was wonderful indeed, but it depressed me just to look at it thinking it would never know the joy of sitting next to it's six siblings that were even better, truth be told. Now after many hours of prayer- season two will be coming home on July 26th. I am filled with joy at having this incredible season, but also filled with dread at the possibility of never knowing the joy of seasons 3-7 on DVD. I long ago stopped questioning the logic of DVD companies that produce other titles like "The Tick", "The Jeff Foxworthy Show" season 1, and "Father of the Pride" entire series. I'm sure these are wonderful, but are they as worthy as Mary? Ours is not to question why, just go to the store and BUY BUY BUY. Dear Lord, thank you from the bottom of my heart for season two of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. And Jesus, please let seasons 3-7 see the light of day. Amen.

American Life (Clean)
American Life (Clean)
Offered by DJ-MEGGASOUNDS
Price: $7.99
62 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars MADONNA IS AN AMERICAN GENIUS, April 26, 2003
This review is from: American Life (Clean) (Audio CD)
this album is eleven songs so infused with pure artistic genius it is sure to leave some people out in the cold. This album will surprise you and make you think. If you buy it you will realize how lucky you are to own it. Buy it NOW!!!!!!! you will not regret it.

American Life by Madonna (2003) - Enhanced
American Life by Madonna (2003) - Enhanced
Price: $24.17
228 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars MADONNA IS AN AMERICAN GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!, April 26, 2003
Anyone who professes not to like American Life doesn't understand it, and I am including whoever reviewed it for Amazon.com. They are skeptics who want to see Madonna fail. Which she won't!! (see track no. 6= Nothing Fails). This album is not made for people who loved Ray of Light or Music. It is made to challenge the way people think about their lives. It isn't easy to look in the mirror, and that is proven by anyone who gives this album an unfavorable review. If we look at ourselves too long, we see the flaws that lie beneath the surface. Madonna has gone from making pop music to making art and some may not follow her as she grows as an artist, pity for them. They are going to miss the best music of her career. This album is pure Madonna, through and through. It may end up being like her Erotia album, unappreciated for a while then embraced for the true masterwork it is. One word to anyone who may be thinking about this album without having heard it: Even if for some reason you don't like the American Life single, keep listening: the rest of the album is as varied as any she has done before, and yet is one of her most cohesive efforts to date. In short American Life by Madonna is a masterpiece that cannot be denied and will not be brought down by anyone's negativity. To quote track number 5, Nobody Knows Me: "Why should I care what the world thinks of me? Won't Let a stranger give me a social disease." Don't be given a social disease by naysaying reviewers!!! Buy this album and improve your life!!!

Broadway, My Way
Broadway, My Way
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $15.93
72 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The best broadway singer ever! She knows how to belt um!!!!!, April 11, 2003
This review is from: Broadway, My Way (Audio CD)
In my opinion this is the greatest broadway disk ever released in the history of mankind!! Linda eder has the voice of an angel and can be compared with no one! When you hear her sing it takes your breath away!
She can sing the phone book from A to Z and also the yellow pages along with the area codes, zip codes, and time zones for all I care and it would be beautiful! And she would belt out the ending too with a long held out note for 20 seconds and with a big band ending too!
But really, I think this album has it all! Don't listen to the negative people that are jealous that they can't sing like her. Linda has packed the album with quiet sentimental broadway favorites that she could sing to soothe even the most savage beast. And also sings broadway songs that MUST BE given a good belting,or two. If you want these sung with no feeling and emotion like a cheap no talent, no clothes wearing singer then you can go and buy some cheap album like STRIPPED by Christina. But if you want REAL music that has feeling and emotion behind it like she really cares about what shes doing THEN, Broadway My Way is the ALBUM for YOU!!!!
This album is in constant rotation in my car and any other stereo I can find! I even have a copy for my house and for my car! Thats how much I love this album. If you love broadway classics and want to hear them by a true broadway star, then this album is for you.
So if your ready for the most amazing Broadway album ever within the history of when the bright lights hit broadway then you NEED to buy Lindas album!

Page: 1 | 2