Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Darlene D > Reviews

Browse

Darlene D's Profile

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Darlene D RSS Feed (Greensboro, NC)

Page: 1 | 2
Ancient Graffiti Ceramic Teal Round Hanging Bird Bath
Ancient Graffiti Ceramic Teal Round Hanging Bird Bath
Price: $39.35
13 used & new from $31.45

4.0 out of 5 stars but am glad I did, July 26, 2016
I almost didn't make this purchase based on the negative reviews, but am glad I did. Unlike the other customers, my birdbath did in fact come with the metal ring, the three support rods and an "S" hook. Assembly was made easy by hanging over the kitchen counter on a cabinet knob. The birdbath is a more intense green, almost turquoise, than the listing shows, but I like it. The bird is a separate piece that easily slips into a pre-drilled hole in the saucer and is rather cute. The reason I'm giving this four-stars is because the saucer doesn't fit perfectly into the ring, but it's not enough to warrant a return. The birds are already enjoying their new bath so I'm happy!

MagnifyLabs ClearSight High-Powered 10x50 Wide Angle Observation Binoculars - Tripod Compatable - Carrying Case Included
Offered by MagnifyLabs
Price: $38.99
3 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for backyard bird watching, April 23, 2016
As a backyard bird enthusiast I found myself in need of an updated pair of binoculars. After many years of using my father~in~law's binoculars, circa 1948, it became apparent that I need something stronger if I wanted to 'keep in touch' with my feathered friends gracing our gardens. After reading so many positive reviews, I decided on the MagnifyLabs ClearSight High Powered 10x50s and I'm glad I did. They are lightweight and easy to use, and more importantly, powerful enough to watch the birds as they build their nests, lay their clutches, feed their babies, and finally, delight in watching the fledglings as they prepare to leave the nest. Great product, great price!

Pinups For Pitbulls 2016 Calendar
Pinups For Pitbulls 2016 Calendar
Offered by Pinups for Pitbulls, Inc.
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best calendar for 2016, December 23, 2015
I bought this calendar directly from this seller as they are local. The calendar is beautifully done, with a great vintage vibe. If you're a fan of lovely ladies and the best dogs on the planet, you will surely love this calendar!

AmazonBasics Fade-Resistant Cotton 6-Piece Towel Set, Acorn
AmazonBasics Fade-Resistant Cotton 6-Piece Towel Set, Acorn
Price: $15.70

2.0 out of 5 stars I should have known better!, December 8, 2015
I bought these on Cyber Monday and got what I thought was a great deal, but based on the price, I should have known better. The towels are very thin and not of good quality. They might be fine for a college dorm, but not for my guest bathroom. Bottom line, if you like thick luxurious bath linens, these towels are not for you.

Country Life Target Mins Iron-free Total Mins Multi-mineral Complex, 120-Count
Country Life Target Mins Iron-free Total Mins Multi-mineral Complex, 120-Count
Offered by VitaKing
Price: $16.50
13 used & new from $14.88

2.0 out of 5 stars it's actually painful! I tried cutting the pills in half which ..., September 1, 2014
I have NEVER had an issue with swallowing pills in any form until I tried this particular supplement. Getting these huge pills down is very difficult. They get hung up in my throat, even while gulping down water, and I end up choking which results in coughing it right back up...and when I'm "lucky" enough to get the pill to go down, it's actually painful! I tried cutting the pills in half which resulted in dry, sharp edges on both halves, which made swallowing even more treacherous. There must be a better way to get minerals without having to suffer for it. I'm sure this supplement is fantastic, but it does absolutely no good if one cannot swallow them. I will never buy these again. I'm off to my local health food store to see what I can find.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 25, 2015 9:59 AM PDT

Jolly Pets Bounce-n-Play Dog Toy, Blueberry Scented, 8-Inch
Jolly Pets Bounce-n-Play Dog Toy, Blueberry Scented, 8-Inch
Offered by Little Family Members
Price: $21.98
16 used & new from $9.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Jolly Ball flop, February 27, 2014
Fortunately my dog loved this ball. Unfortunately, it lasted less than a week. After five minutes she realized she could sink her teeth into the ball and carry it around...after that, it was hilarious to watch her to run around the yard shaking it back and forth. Eventually, she started yanking chunks out of the ball and that's when, much to her dismay, I had to take the ball away and ditch it in the trash. I'm giving this ball two stars rather than one, because for the week it lasted, my high energy dog had a blast with it! I won't waste more money buying another one.

Petego Traction Control Indoor Socks for Dogs, Red/Pink, Large, Set of 4
Petego Traction Control Indoor Socks for Dogs, Red/Pink, Large, Set of 4
Price: $6.99
7 used & new from $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your $money$, February 18, 2013
Great idea in theory, but that's where the greatness ends. I bought the Petego Traction Indoor Socks (size large) for my 80 pound German Shepherd who has Degenerative Myelopathy and has difficulty walking on hardwood floors. The socks didn't fit her front paws, not even close. I could get them on her back paws, however, after a few steps the socks twisted and she was walking on the slippery top side making walking even more perilous. I do not recommend these socks under any circumstances. Since then I have tried other booties and haven't any that work.

CritterZone Wall Plug-in Pet Air Purifier
CritterZone Wall Plug-in Pet Air Purifier
2 used & new from $89.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Surpassed my expectations, January 6, 2013
This little gadget works much better than I expected. No instructions were included in the packaging other than what was printed on a business card in the box, but none are needed. Basically you plug it in and select high, medium or low. There is no "on-off" switch as it runs 24/7...easy, breezy. My initial thought was to plug in this gizmo in the master bedroom where I sleep with four large dog and their various beds and blankets, but as soon as I plugged it in I knew there was a problem...I like quiet when I sleep and it was obvious the drone of this purifier would be enough to keep me awake. That being said, I let it run for a couple of hours in the bedroom and I was amazed at how quickly it went to work! Another reviewer commented on the odor of the purifier. Yes, there is an odor, but it's not obnoxious. I don't even know how to describe the smell, maybe like the smell of a charcoal filter, but that smell is concentrated to the immediate area where the purifier is plugged in and it is certainly more pleasant than the odor of four big dogs, a litter box or whatever odor issues you have in your home. After a couple of hours I moved the purifier to the living room where it continues to clean the air even in my bedroom! I have a 4500 sq ft two story house and I kid you not, this thing really works! I'm going to get another Critter Zone for the 2nd floor.

Cons: a bit too noisy for a bedroom
emits an odor some may not like (but it's only in the immediate area surrounding the purifier)

Pros: It really works and the results are almost immediate, making the cons insignificant
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2014 12:20 PM PDT

Baffin Women's Candy Insulated Boot
Baffin Women's Candy Insulated Boot
Offered by CampFour
Price: $49.88

4.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment!, November 30, 2012
I got an unbelievable deal on these boots during Amazon's Cyber Monday specials and was so excited, couldn't wait for them to arrive. They arrived today and I tore open the box so I could try them on and what a disappointment. I love the boots and I think they would be very comfortable and warm, but be warned...they run small! Most of my shoes and boots are an 8 1/2 with a few 9's so I ordered the boots in a size 9 and alas, they don't fit, so back they go for an exchange. They don't come in half sizes so I'll have to get them in a size 10...I have never in my life worn a size 10 in footwear. Even with a size 10 I think I'll have to wear thin socks. I would love to give these boots five stars, but because they run small I have to go with four stars. Please note, I do give them my recommendation, but strongly urge you to buy a size up.

War Brides
War Brides
Price: $7.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, June 20, 2012
This review is from: War Brides (Kindle Edition)
I didn't have any trouble following the story line of the different characters like some reviewers mentioned. And yes, there were some editing issues, but I did not find them a distraction at all. I loved, loved, loved this book and would have given it five stars...until the 90% point at which time the story just fell apart. It's as though the author lost interest and just gave up, but had to come up with what she considered a "clever" way to end her novel. It would have been so much better to have ended with a cliffhanger of sorts and then continued this compelling wartime story with a sequel. After investing my time in reading this book, I feel as though I have been robbed.

Page: 1 | 2