Profile for Jefferson Oliver > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jefferson Oliver "an enthusiast of music, movies and books" RSS Feed (South Carolina)

Halestorm
Halestorm
Price: $6.99
86 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, Better Live!, June 25, 2009
This review is from: Halestorm (Audio CD)
I saw Halestorm last night in Charleston and did they rock hard. Amazingly talented band, the drum solo they did in the middle was awesome. The live version of Familiar Taste Of Poison was incredible.

I've seen mentions of comparisons to Pat Benatar & Heart but the band / performer that came to my mind most listening to and seeing them is Joan Jett. Lzzy has the growl and attitude, the guitarist was tight, her brother has the drums on lockdown and he and the bassist are in the pocket, holding it all together. The production is a bit slick but they are able to recreate almost all the production live so I won't fault them that.

Buy the album and you will not regret it. As someone else said, next time they come round I do believe they won't be playing a small club but a larger venue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2010 4:55 AM PST

Shattered Illusions
Shattered Illusions
Offered by TolliversBooks
Price: $19.20
9 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Talented Indy Singer, February 16, 2009
This review is from: Shattered Illusions (Audio CD)
Éowyn is a talented singer who writes songs from the heart and from her life experience. She is a Contemporary Christian artist who now has 3 albums out. They all are very good.

Tracklist

Get in the Booth
Get in the Booth
2 used & new from $37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid debut... Too bad she disappeared, July 14, 2008
This review is from: Get in the Booth (Audio CD)
Like most, I was introduced to Ms Ballard with the single Hottie and the 2 other songs she had on soundtracks like Pokemon and Center Stage. These 3 songs were well done, so I waited for the release of her debut.... And waited... Then I find out the record label buried her album and did not release it commercially. The only release of her cd went to radio stations and promo people. I hunted through the auction websites, looking for this cd. I finally got if for the cost of an import cd, and I feel it a well made purchase.
She has a wonderful voice, mixing between ballads and upbeat pop songs. While neither of the 2 songs she had on soundtracks was released on this disc it is still well rounds. The only thing I really noticed missing from Amazon was the track listing. Here is the track listing. If you can find it, pick it up.

Track Listing

Secret
Price: $53.21
88 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Pop!, April 18, 2008
This review is from: Secret (Audio CD)
I was introduced to Kumi Koda through the game Final Fantasy X with the song Real Emotion. I was hooked and then started looking for some of her other work. I came across this and thoroughly enjoy it. Here is the track listing from the disc I have. 15 tracks

01 - Intro ~Get down~

Global Warning
Price: $19.73
20 used & new from $6.90

4.0 out of 5 stars New Music from Jon, April 16, 2008
This review is from: Global Warning (Audio CD)
It's good to see more new music from Jon Oliva. This album is a delight and showcases Jon's immense talent. Below is the track listing.

01 - Global Warning

Strip Me?
Strip Me?
86 used & new from $6.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb debut, April 12, 2008
This review is from: Strip Me? (Audio CD)
This is my first introduction to Anna Tsuchiya, and I was rather impressed. Most of the JPop I have listened to is mainly in Japanese with English sprinkled in. This album is mainly in English with some Japanes sprinkled in. The songs are fun and the cover she does of Cyndi Lauper's True Colors is inspired. I like the speeded up version, gives it some gumption.
I have read elsewhere that some people were upset that this debut has only 6 or 7 new songs. That the other 8 or 9 songs that are on the album are either singles released before or b-sides. I like the fact that they pulled all that she had put out to put on this album so for those of us who didn't have access to those initial singles and b-sides get them.

Here is the track listing for this debut. As with many JPop albums some titles are capitalized or put in lower cases for no apparent reason.
01 - zero

Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $13.94
27 used & new from $0.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good soundtrack, April 10, 2008
This cd is actually very good. About 1 hour of atmospheric and sung songs that fit the time frame of the game. Here is a track listing for the game.

01 - The Pool Awakens