Profile for JoanOH > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 494

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JoanOH "average reader" RSS Feed (WC, OH USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sewing: I've Never Sewn Before! - Learning How To Sew As A Beginner - The Simplest Guide To Creating Amazing Sewing Patterns In A Week! (Sewing, Crafts, ... Patchwork, Embroidery, Crocheting, Textile)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of time, June 2, 2015
Poorly written, badly edited, no illustrations, and absolutely no usable information, even for someone new to sewing. These other reviewers who give this book 5 stars are either paid, fake or crazy. A complete waste of time. Glad it was free so I can just delete it without guilt.

Artscape 02-3606 Melange Window Film, 24 x 36-Inch
Artscape 02-3606 Melange Window Film, 24 x 36-Inch
Price: $24.97
2 used & new from $24.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to cut, put up and looks great!, May 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used this Artscape Window Film on the two long, narrow windows I have on each side of my front door. We've owned this house for 28 years, and for 28 years I have hated the fact that people at my front door peer inside while they're waiting for me to answer the door. This window film absolutely solved that problem! I'm so happy!

A few tips. Use a VERY sharp craft knife or razor blade to cut the film to fit, and expect two to three passes of the knife to get all the way through both the film and the thick backing.

Don't "soak" your window down with the soap/warm water mixture as instructions lead you to believe. Give just a general overall light coating of spray.

Before using the squeegee (or credit card, which I found worked better), use one hand to hold the film in place at the top, as you gently squeegee downwards. Then use a cotton towel to wipe down edges and bottom.

Once you're happy with the placement and see no bubbles, let dry for about 30 minutes and check your window from both sides. Those little bubbles hide in the design. Go back over gently with the squeegee if you see any bubbles.

The instructions are correct - you need to cut the film about 1/8th an inch smaller than your window measurement. The film needs that small area between edge of film and window to emit the excess water. It's OK. You won't even notice it once the film is up.

I will say, the included squeegee is flimsy and fell apart before I'd finished even one window. I used a stiff credit card and it worked fine.

I have double pane windows. My one disappointment is that from the outside, you can barely see the pretty design of the film. But no matter - people can't peek in my front door windows anymore, and that was what was important to me.

Overall, I highly recommend this product!!

Worry Eaters "Saggo" - Large
Worry Eaters "Saggo" - Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a stressed 9 year old, May 26, 2015
This review is from: Worry Eaters "Saggo" - Large (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a 9 year old grandson who has been through a real difficult year. When this Worry Eater arrived in the mail, he opened the package with me and I explained that if "someone" had worries, they could write it down on a slip of paper, and put it in the Worry Eater's mouth and the Worry Eater would take care of the worrying from that point on. Since my grandson is all boy and 9, he's not prone to liking stuffed animals anymore. But when I asked him if we should give the Worry Eater to his Mom, or if he'd like to keep it, his little eyes lit right up and he asked if he could keep it. Sometimes kids have stresses they either shouldn't or don't know how to deal with... This Worry Eater is perfect for that situation. He is soft and lovable, but without a "baby-ish" look to him. He is well made with what appeared to be quite a sturdy zipper/mouth. If you have a little one that just needs a chance to have a better day, this might just be the ticket.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2015 10:58 AM PDT

Minor's Sauce, Honey Citrus Pepper, 80 oz
Minor's Sauce, Honey Citrus Pepper, 80 oz
Price: $21.39

4.0 out of 5 stars High in soy sauce - low in honey or citrus, May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although this HONEY CITRUS PEPPER sauce was not what I expected, I do like it. I expected a sweet honey pepper flavor. What I got instead was a very soy sauce-based product that is very Asian inspired. In reading the ingredients, I can see why. First, water. Second, third, and fourth ingredients are sugar or a form of sugar. Fifth ingredient is soy sauce. "Dry Honey" is next, then a thickener and then orange juice concentrate, lemon concentrate, vinegar and further down the line spices... So the flavor is a sweet soy sauce flavor. I get NO pepper taste at all and very very limited citrus flavor.

That said... I baked skinless chicken thighs in the oven, and when they were about half-way cooked, I basted them in this sauce. I basted again 10 minutes later and again at serving. They were good! I'd planned on having potato salad with the chicken, but because it was SO Asian tasting, I switched over to rice, and I'm glad I did.

Despite the misnomer in the name of the product, it's still tasty and would make an excellent dipping sauce for chicken wings. I do wish they'd increase both the honey and citrus flavors, but it is what it is.. and it is still good. I'm looking forward to trying it on pork chops or ribs cooked on the barbeque.

Hot Wheels Color Shifters Color Splash Lab and Color Clean Machine Playset
Hot Wheels Color Shifters Color Splash Lab and Color Clean Machine Playset
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $14.80

3.0 out of 5 stars The lab isn't necessary, buy the stand alone cars, May 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I waited to review this toy until my 9 year old grandson visited, to get an "expert's" opinion.

First, the instructions are TERRIBLE. Even for an experienced Lego builder (where instructions are illustrations rather than words), putting this together was difficult at best. It took the two of us about 30 minutes, and I think that's a lot for such a small item with so few pieces. There definitely needs to be more explanation about the warm water/cold water method of getting these cars to change color. We both found it confusing, having never used the color change cars before.

Of course, the launcher never works the way you expect it to. The pieces don't release easily to launch the car. That was a disappointment for my grandson. I've actually come to expect it from modern toys that promise a lot -- they rarely deliver.

The cars, once we figured out the icy water vs hot water thing, were fun - for about 20 minutes. I left the set out for him to go back and play with on his own, and he never did.

The set is messy. Do yourself a favor and set it up outside. Water gets everywhere no matter how hard you try to contain it.

If I had to buy this set, I'd buy only the cars and use some plastic bowls to change the colors back and forth. The "lab" seems superfluous to me, and held no interest for my grandson.

Galaxy S6 Wallet Case - Q Card Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 by CM4 - Ultra Slim Protective *Kickstand* Credit Card Carrying Case (Black Onyx)
Price: $31.99
3 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, May 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I gave this to my daughter, because she is notorious for NEVER putting her phone down and ALWAYS losing her bank card and/or ID. This is just perfect for her. She doesn't like to carry a purse, so this Wallet Case carriers her bank card, license, and a bit of cash. The fabric of the case has a nice leather-like feel, and the case is sturdy. It fit her Galaxy S6 perfectly. She liked the small slot at the bottom of the credit card pocket that allows you to easily push the cards out without having to pull at the pocket. I would have liked to see either a second pocket or a slightly deeper pocket that would allow her to carry a bit more cash, but she thought it was fine as is. The "kickstand" is a tiny disappointment -- you place one of your credit cards in a slot and use that to stand the phone up. Surely a slide-out kickstand would not have been difficult to include.

Overall, a great concept, a quality product, and good protection for the Galaxy S6

Motorola FOCUS85-B Wi-Fi HD Home Monitoring Camera with Remote Pan, Tilt and Zoom (Black)
Price: $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to set up!, May 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have wanted a security camera for awhile now. I have a grandson who feels he is ready to stay home alone for short periods of time, and I want to be able to check on him if and when I decide to let him do so. This Motorola Home Monitoring camera was unbelievably easy to set up right out of the box. Plug it in, turn it on, download the app on your phone and set up an account, hit the "pair" button and poof! You're done and receiving the video directly on your phone or on your computer. It couldn't have been easier. The phone features are great - the app lets you pan left and right, up and down, or lets you speak into your phone to be heard at the camera site. It let's you snap a picture or video, and save the same. The camera's video is clear and easy to see, both on the phone and on the PC. This is exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend this product!!

Kid O Rounded Stackers Toy
Kid O Rounded Stackers Toy
Price: $23.31
3 used & new from $22.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Very frustrating for a toddler, May 17, 2015
This review is from: Kid O Rounded Stackers Toy (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What a frustrating toy for a toddler!!! This set is not weighted and the pieces do not "snug up" so they sit properly, and the smallest touch sends them tumbling apart. VERY frustrating for a toddler trying to stack them up. It also seems like the top small yellow piece can fit into a toddler's mouth -- at least, it did into my 15 month old grandson's mouth! -- and therefore, not safe. The only good thing I have to say about the set is that it can be stacked in any order. But it really doesn't matter because the pieces are too lightweight and fall too easily. In my honest opinion, don't waste your money.

Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Spearmint Chews, 0.8 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Spearmint Chews, 0.8 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by JCandy
Price: $13.75
4 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a gum, not a breath mint..., May 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, not sure how to review this strange little product. When you first open the package, you think it's gum. But it's not. And it's not a breath mint that you put in your mouth and let sit for awhile. It looks like gum, but once it goes in your mouth, it disappears within 20 seconds. Personally, I did not get a "clean breath" feeling. I had my daughter and grandson try it, and they both adamantly talked of the over-intense blast of mint that hit the back of their throats. Because it is soft like gum, you have a tendency to want to chew it but it's a bit off-putting on how quickly it dissolves. I do like the container, which is a sort of pull-out drawer. If you're looking for a "chewable" that gives you an over the top blast of mint flavoring, I guess this is for you. For me, I think I'll stick to mint flavored gum.

J.L. Childress All Bottle Cooler, Black
J.L. Childress All Bottle Cooler, Black
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cold milk on a hot day, May 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The park, the Zoo, shopping or just waiting at the doctor's office - this Bottle Cooler is handy to have! When I take my grandson out I can pack up a bottle of juice or milk or just water, and not worry that it will be too warm by the time he wants it. I used this at an outing at the park on a hot sunny day (temps in the high 80s) and it was three hours before I needed it, and the milk in the bottle was just as cold as when I packed it. I will also use this bottle cooler for water for me on hot summer days when I'm out and about. Well insulated, large enough to hold a variety of sizes of containers (one at a time), and with a clip to hang on the stroller or the backpack. Don't hesitate on this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20