Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for JoanOH > Reviews

Browse

JoanOH's Profile

Customer Reviews: 538

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JoanOH "average reader" RSS Feed (WC, OH USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
La Newborn Nursery 8 Piece Layette Baby Doll Gift Set, featuring 14" Life-Like Smiling Newborn Doll, Pink
Price: $24.99
11 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet and quite life like, August 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This little newborn baby doll is SO sweet! I got her to give to my 18 month old grandson, in hopes of preparing him a bit for his sister's arrival in the next few months. The doll is quite life-like in appearance, and I would say slightly smaller than a "real" newborn, but just the right size for my grandson to hold. Her skin is plastic, but quite smooth and soft. Her little face is sweet and her eyes are barely open, but sweet as well. The only reason I didn't give this product a 5 star rating: When I opened the box, I had to remove the standard wires to release her. In addition to the wires is an elastic string that is around her neck and goes through the back of the cardboard stand. I clipped that string from the back, took the doll out of the box, and saw that the string was actually wedged in the space where her head meets her neck. I pulled it out reasonably gently, and the doll's head popped off! It was easy enough to pop back on, but now I'm a little worried that her new "owner" might not be as gentle with her as we'd like, and her head may well pop off again. We'll see...

The Mexican Kitchen by Rick Bayless Oval Casserole with Lid, Small, Red
The Mexican Kitchen by Rick Bayless Oval Casserole with Lid, Small, Red
Price: $53.92
2 used & new from $35.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the most formal or the most casual dining table., August 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With Rick Bayless' name on the product, you expect a high quality product, and this oval casserole is exactly that. First, the color is actually quite stunning. Not an orange red, but a good, strong bold red color with cream accent handle and interior. The stoneware is heavy without being cumbersome. According to the package, it is lead-free, oven safe to 425 degrees, and dishwasher and microwave safe. This is a good size for a casserole for two, or a side dish for four to six. A beautiful piece that you could present on any dining table, formal or casual. I am very pleased with this product.

Birding for the Curious: The Easiest Way for Anyone to Explore the Incredible World of Birds
by Nate Swick
Price: $12.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, informative, easy to understand, August 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
BIRDING FOR THE CURIOUS is an excellent read for those interested in working towards becoming a serious bird watcher. Written in a format anyone can understand this book presents you with ways to start birding. Each chapter is informative and easy to follow, yet still interesting. The author steps you through buying a Field Guide that fits your personal methodology, buying binoculars and how to use them properly, easy terminology to use when identifying birds, how to attract birds to your yard, and more. Beautifully illustrated with watercolor illustrations by Robert Brandt. Whether you want to become a serious bird watcher, or just like to watch the birds in your back yard, this is an excellent read. I highly recommend.

Foodsaver Expandable Vacuum Bag Rolls
Foodsaver Expandable Vacuum Bag Rolls
Price: $29.99
10 used & new from $29.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Best FoodSaver creation ever!!, August 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Hooray for this great idea from FoodSaver!! Finally, vac seal bags large enough to accommodate roasts, whole chickens, etc! I am an avid user of vac seal bags, and always hesitate to buy larger roasts or whole chickens on sale because I can't wrap them properly for the freezer. But no more! These bags are expandable! I tried one yesterday with an 8 pound whole chicken, and it sealed tightly and firmly. Bravo FoodSaver!! Now when I see whole chickens on sale, I'll be able to buy a dozen for the freezer and not have to worry about using them up in a month or so, as I have had to do for chickens not vac sealed. Although I haven't tried it (yet), I do believe you could fit a smaller turkey in these bags as well, and take advantage of the after-Thanksgiving sales. And hams for the after-Easter sales! The savings possibilities are endless now. I'm a happy, happy girl.

Foodsaver One-Gallon Dam Bags
Foodsaver One-Gallon Dam Bags
Price: $26.57
5 used & new from $23.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful invention!! No more paper towel folding for me!, August 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Cheers to FoodSaver for coming up with these bags!!! I have spent years folding up strips of papertowel to put in the top of my FoodSaver bags to seal meats without the meat juice interfering with the seal. This will save me untold time! I purchase meats in bulk, then sort it into dinner-size portions to freeze. I had just bought boneless pork chops and chicken thighs on sale when these bags arrived in the mail, so I was quick to try them out. And Yay! they work beautifully! The "Dam" prevents the meat juice from flowing up the bag and preventing a good seal. These particular bags are quite large - 11 inches across by 16 inches long. I need to go look and see if they come in a smaller size, as that's too large for my small family. But for larger families of 4 to 6 people? Perfect. There are 22 bags in the box. Wonderful idea, FoodSaver!

Skittles and Starburst, Fruity Candy, Variety Box (30 Count)
Skittles and Starburst, Fruity Candy, Variety Box (30 Count)
Price: $32.58
4 used & new from $32.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandchildrens' favorite candy!, August 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Yum, yum and more yum. I ordered this package of Skittles and Starburst because both are my grandchildren's favorite candy. While I don't give out candy often, there are times when they deserve a treat, and it's handy to have a quantity of their favorite in the house. Skittles? What's not to love? Sweet, tart and flavorful goodness. Starburst? Yummy. Chewy, sweet and just enough tartness. This box contains 8 packs of original Skittles, 4 packs of Wild Berry, 3 packs of Tropical and 3 packs of Sour. It also contains 6 packs of original Starburst, 3 packs of Tropical and 3 packs of FaveReds. (I've not had the FaveReds before, but they have definitely gotten my 9 year old grandson's seal of approval.) It's nice to have this quantity (30) of candy in the house of the kids' favorite candy. I might forget it's here, but I know they'll be sure to remind me!

FoodSaver GameSaver 2-Pack, 11" x 16' Long Rolls
FoodSaver GameSaver 2-Pack, 11" x 16' Long Rolls
Price: $22.99
18 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with V3240 FoodSaver Unit, August 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow. What a difference these heavy duty FoodSaver bags make! I was originally worried that these bags wouldn't work with my V3240 FoodSaver, but they sealed just fine. I save money by using these rolls rather than pre-cut bags. These Heavy Duty rolls keep meats fresh up to 5 x longer! I buy meats and fish on sale in large quantities, and then vac seal them and put them in the freezer. Though I rarely have a problem with freezer burn, I have seen some discoloration of packages that have been in the freezer longer than six months with the standard vac seal bags. I'm hoping these will end that problem.

But for those of you hesitant to purchase these because the description says they are made for the GAMESAVER Foodsaver system, don't worry. The higher grade standard FoodSaver system works well with these rolls.

FoodSaver GameSaver 2-Pack, 8" x 20' Long Heat-Seal Rolls
FoodSaver GameSaver 2-Pack, 8" x 20' Long Heat-Seal Rolls
Price: $21.99
13 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with my V3240 FoodSaver, August 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

FoodSaver Heavy-Duty Puncture Resistant Rolls 11"x12' 2 rolls/pk.
FoodSaver Heavy-Duty Puncture Resistant Rolls 11"x12' 2 rolls/pk.
Price: $24.99
11 used & new from $17.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Work fine with my FoodSaver V3240, August 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow. What a difference these heavy duty foodsaver bags make! I was originally worried that these bags wouldn't work with my V3240 FoodSaver, but they sealed just fine. I save money by using these rolls rather than pre-cut bags. These Heavy Duty rolls are, according to the box, 30% stronger, block air 40% better, and keep meats fresh up to 5 x longer! I buy meats and fish on sale in large quantities, and then vac seal them and put them in the freezer. Though I rarely have a problem with freezer burn, I have seen some discoloration of packages that have been in the freezer longer than six months with the standard vac seal bags. I'm hoping these will end that problem.

Char-Broil Kettleman Charcoal Kettle Grill, 22.5-Inch (14301878)
Char-Broil Kettleman Charcoal Kettle Grill, 22.5-Inch (14301878)
Price: $120.14
26 used & new from $118.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Many useful features!, August 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What a GREAT grill!! We are so happy to return to charcoal grilling after 10 years of using a propane grill. The difference in food flavor is just amazing, and even more so with this Char-Broil Kettleman grill, since you can add hardwoods to flavor or smoke your foods as you grill.

The grill comes unassembled, but it took less than an hour for my husband to set it up. He said instructions were clear, and he really liked the fact that all the nuts, bolts and screws were packaged and labelled individually, rather than all shoved together in a plastic bag. He said that alone made assembly easier than normal.

Instructions for the grill are clear, and you really should take the time to read them. The grill has tiers to it, and you put your charcoal on the second tier, not on the bottom as we have in the past with older grills. There are vent holes on the top, which are handy to allow smoke out or to bring the temperature of the grill down. And there is a thermometer on the front of the grill to tell you what temperature the grill is running, which allows you to more precisely grill foods such as an entire roast or chicken.

The grill is easy to clean, with a slide-out ash tray at the bottom. We use the storage shelf on the bottom to hold our charcoal chimney and charcoal, and keep a cover on it when not in use so neither will get wet. A cover is recommended to extend the life of the exterior of the grill. I also like the "latch" feature which keeps the cover closed securely. Even when not hot, this is a handy feature to keep the grandchildren from opening the grill.

We are VERY happy to have this grill, and have given our propane grill away now. In just a few days we have grilled chicken, hamburgers and even used applewood in it to grill steaks. Every meal was delicious. We'll never go back to propane again!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20