Profile for JoanOH > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 506

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JoanOH "average reader" RSS Feed (WC, OH USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
14k Yellow Gold with Pearl Double Hoop Earrings, 1"
14k Yellow Gold with Pearl Double Hoop Earrings, 1"
Price: $168.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect earrings for day to night, June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A beautiful pair of earrings! The perfect earrings to go from day to night, as dressy or casual as you need. Because the "pearl" separates the two hoops, they take up more visual space and appear larger than they are. Unlike many pieces of costume jewelry earrings I've purchased lately, the stem is NOT fragile and will not bend at the least resistance. The stem fits into the stop perfectly, and remains in place throughout the day. The earrings are a beautiful shiny yellow gold and do not look "cheap". Overall I'm very pleased and would purchase these for a gift.

Easy Caulk "Press in Place" White Counter Caulk Strips
Easy Caulk "Press in Place" White Counter Caulk Strips
Price: $10.95
4 used & new from $10.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to install, June 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this product to replace some very badly placed caulking around the edges of the counter of our guest bathroom sink. I used a craft knife and razor blade to take off the old caulking prior to applying this product. I have to say - this is an amazing product!! It was very simple to install and the result is a nice, straight, clean caulking line. Follow directions on the box and you should have no problem. I plan on getting more to replace the older caulking around the edges of our bathtubs. It was so nice to be able to do this job myself and not have to hound my husband to do it for me :)

3 Pyramid Tripeaks Free
3 Pyramid Tripeaks Free
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Keeps stopping, June 22, 2015
This review is from: 3 Pyramid Tripeaks Free (App)
Love the game but it either freezes between games or pushes me directly through to Amazon apps. Playing on a Kindle Fire. Too bad. Nice graphics, but I'll be deleting this and looking for another.

Aller-Ease Naturals Organic Cotton Allergy Protection Fitted Mattress Protector, Queen, White
Price: $33.99
4 used & new from $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Queen Sleep Number perfectly, June 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm quite pleased with this ALLER-EASE organic cotton mattress cover. The first thing I did was wash it according to instructions on the tag. When it initially came out of the dryer, it had a "crunch" feel to it, but as soon as it was on the bed that "crunch" was gone and I had a nice, soft mattress cover. (This is NOT intended as a waterproof cover.) I have a Sleep Number queen size bed with extended foam top, and this cover fit it perfectly (actually better than a Sleep Number cover I purchased with the mattress). I placed a waterproof cover over this allergy protective cover, and am pleased with the result.

The color of the mattress cover is a natural beige. According to the package, it is chemical, bleach and dye free, and is 100% breathable. Unfortunately, it's made in China.

Ortho MAX Garden Disease Control Concentrate, 16-Ounce (Active Ingredient 29.6% Chlorothalonil Fungicide, Formerly Known as Daconil. For use on Vegetables, Fruits, Flowers, & Ornamentals.) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by My First Aid Company®
Price: $22.95
3 used & new from $22.93

5.0 out of 5 stars To date, no sign of disease in veg garden, June 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ortho is a name I trust for products that do what they're advertised to do. But how do I review a product like this without using some sort of "control" plant to see if my plants would have gotten a disease if I'd not applied the Ortho MAX Disease Control Concentrate? I can't. All I can say is my cucumber and squash plants normally get powdery mildew by early to mid-July, and so far I see no sign of it. The concentrate form means I will have a summer's worth of applications from this small bottle - you mix 2 teaspoons to 1 gallon of water (check directions - this amount can vary for different plants and vegetables). Re-apply every 7 days. Many vegetables are listed at 0 days to harvest, but for me, I'll plan on 7 days from last application to harvest.

To date, none of my vegetable plants, including cucumber, squash and green beans, are showing any sign of disease. If I see otherwise before the summer is over, I will come back and edit my review.

Probelle Anti-Bite, Stop Nail Biting and Thumb Sucking, Clear, .5 Fluid Ounces
Probelle Anti-Bite, Stop Nail Biting and Thumb Sucking, Clear, .5 Fluid Ounces
Offered by AFL Fulfillment
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It WORKS!, June 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm surprised at some of the reviews I'm reading because at our house, THIS STUFF WORKS! As soon as it arrived, I challenged my husband (a lifetime nail biter) and my 9 year old grandson (a new nail biter) to let me put it on them to see if it works. We are five days into the "challenge" and both are not biting their nails because of the horrible taste. Today we repeat the application. It takes 21 days to form a new habit, so I plan on re-applying this 2-3 times a week for 3 weeks, and see if we can break this nasty nail biting habit. At this point, I think it's a done deal. Grandson has several food allergies - including nuts, latex, eggs - and has had no problem with any allergic reaction. The smell is that of acetone (same smell as nail polish remover), which by itself is enough to dissuade you from putting your fingers in your both, but that fades quickly. The taste is not only nasty, but it stays in your mouth for an extended period of time to remind you how much you dislike the taste! I love it. It works. That's all I care about at this point.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Cleaning, Drying, Utility Bar Mop Multi Use Dishtowel, Set of 4, Spring
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect 100% cotton cleaning cloth, June 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Oh, I do love love love these cleaning cloths!! I can't stand the feel of microfiber anything, and these are wonderful, thick 100% cotton with just enough texture to ensure good cleaning. Terrific size for wiping down kitchen counters, cleaning up spills, and dusting. As a dry duster cloth, they work perfectly, collecting dust as well as any product I've used in the past. They wash well and maintain their size after washing. Overall, an excellent product and I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

The Game of Life Junior Game
The Game of Life Junior Game
Price: $14.99
21 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not much like the original, but still family fun!, June 8, 2015
This review is from: The Game of Life Junior Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What a cute version of the original LIFE game (a family favorite). Much less complicated than the original, players spin the (traditional style) wheel, move around the board to have adventures and collect stars. Unlike the adult version, the game does not drag on forever. The first player to collect 10 stars (which is quite easy) is the winner. What makes the game unique is the "Adventure Cards" which players pick up at almost every turn. The majority of the Adventure Cards instruct the player to "act this out" - such as "sack race" or "winning a race" or "balance an egg on a spoon". That part of the game was particularly fun for adults and kids.

Players need to be able to read to totally enjoy the game. I think 7 to 10 years old might be the appropriate age, though the graphics and cars appear to be for a younger group.

Overall, quite fun and the game itself goes quite quickly.

Hilo Book 1: The Boy Who Crashed to Earth
Hilo Book 1: The Boy Who Crashed to Earth
by Judd Winick
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 year old rates it 5 stars!, June 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I gave this book to my 9 year old grandson to read and he absolutely LOVED it and was sorely disappointed he has to wait until 2016 to read Book 2. He had the following to say: "It's about a boy who is a robot who falls from the sky and makes friend with a kid named DJ. I liked the pictures. I liked it because it was funny." When I asked him if he'd ever read another story like that, he said "No". When I asked how he rated it, 5 stars being the best, he gave it a full five stars. When I asked what he DIDN"T like about the book, he gave me a blank look. LOL All this from a child who swore on the last day of school he wasn't going to do any reading this summer!!! Ha! He finished this book in two nights. I'm not sure there's a better review than that!!!

All-Clad Textiles Fiber Reactive Coffee theme Print on Kitchen Towel, Cappuccino
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra large, extra absorbant but..., June 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
All-Clad is a name I trust, and this extra large kitchen towel does not disappoint. It's truly extra absorbant and extra large. The design has teals, dark browns and light browns with a coffee motif. I've washed the towel and do not notice any fading or shrinking.

However - my reason for giving it 4 stars instead of 5: The towel came with two of those plastic T-shaped clips on each end, obviously to hold the towel together at the store. I used scissors to clip off these plastic pieces, and lo and behold, they both left a rather obvious hole in the weave of the fabric! After washing, this hold enlarged very slightly, and the white cotton threads of the under fabric now show through the dark design. For the price of this towel, those fabrics should have recovered and the hole closed into the weft of the threads. I am slightly disappointed, though the holes are not noticeable if you don't know they are there. But still... this shouldn't have happened to a quality cotton towel like this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20