Profile for Joan W. Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 353

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joan W. Johnson "average reader" RSS Feed (WC, OH USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The DIY Pantry: 30 Minutes to Healthy, Homemade Food
The DIY Pantry: 30 Minutes to Healthy, Homemade Food
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Processed foods, July 21, 2014
This cookbook has every recipe you need to replace chemical laden processed foods in your pantry with far healthier versions. From mayo to mustard, hummus to cake mix, it's got all the basics. I originally borrowed the Kindle version from my local library, but have since ordered the paperback version because I know this book is going to be used daily.

OXO Good Grips Lift and Lock Pole Caddy
OXO Good Grips Lift and Lock Pole Caddy
Price: $129.99
7 used & new from $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really well built and sturdy, June 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I picked up the OXO Shower caddy for my husband, and he is delighted with it. Very easy to put together (no tools required) and very easy to adjust to the correct height, whether using the corner of the bathtub or a free-standing shower. The shelving is a good, sturdy, thick plastic with holes to allow water to drain. All shelves are easily adjustable. And on top of all that, it looks good! We've purchased those skimpy white plastic shower shelves before, and either they quickly get moldy because the water couldn't drain away properly, or they wouldn't stay put because it was difficult to adjust the height. Not so with this OXO caddy. Worth every penny.

Highly recommend.

Little Boy Lost
Little Boy Lost
by Karen Vennard
Price: $13.57
6 used & new from $13.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Author's first novel is a winner, June 29, 2014
This review is from: Little Boy Lost (Paperback)
This is the first novel of Karen Vennard, and I certainly hope there's many more to come. A unique story with unexpected twists makes this a book you simply won't want to put down. As you read this story, you THINK you know what lies ahead, but the author turns the plot around and heads in an unexpected direction, yet it's one that makes total sense to the reader. Main characters are well developed and easily relateable, and the Boston and New England setting accurately described. The author has a wonderful ability to give the reader a feeling that they are sitting next to the main characters and observing their conversations in person. You will cry and cheer and gasp and cry some more as you make your way through this heartfelt story.

I highly recommend -- and hope to hear more from this author soon.

Knitting for the New: An Easy to Follow Guide on Learning how to be a Master Knitter in 30 Days or Less
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, June 6, 2014
This book reads as if it were translated to English by someone who has English as a second language and knows nothing about knitting. Book was free today and still a waste of money.

Knitting 101: A Beginner's Step-by-Step Guide To Knitting like a Pro
Knitting 101: A Beginner's Step-by-Step Guide To Knitting like a Pro
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, June 6, 2014
Nothing in this book teaches you how to knit. It was free on Kindle today and still a waste of money!

Gillette Fusion Proglide Manual Men's Razor With Flexball Handle Technology With 1 Razor Blade
Price: $7.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Husband liked it, but..., June 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a tough item to review because I have to leave the reviewing part up to my husband, who has been using Gillette Slim Twins for the past 20 years. Anyone who knows the ST's, knows that it's two blades and no moving head. This Gillette Fusion Proglide is the extreme opposite - six blades and a swivel head. Husband said he did, indeed, get a nice close shave, but his biggest problem is that he is "afraid of all those blades". Hmmm... If you are more used to a multi-blade product, this may not be such an extreme change for you. So, while husband says he would NOT buy this product on his own, I think you probably have to try it yourself to know for sure. I know, not much help. But it is what it is.

Spectracide 95829 Triazicide Once and Done! Insect Killer, 32-Ounce Concentrate
Spectracide 95829 Triazicide Once and Done! Insect Killer, 32-Ounce Concentrate
Price: $9.97
22 used & new from $8.19

5.0 out of 5 stars It does it's job, May 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We discovered a large ant colony on the side of our perennial garden several weeks ago, and not long after I started seeing ants in the house. My husband used this product per instructions - I believe it was 3 tbsp per 1 gallon of water - and sprayed the ant colony and the perimeter of the house. He saw fairly immediate results at the ant colony, but I did keep seeing ants in the house for a few more days. He repeated the process one week later, and now all evidence of ants are gone gone gone.

Instructions say you can also use this in the vegetable garden, but I'm not so sure I will. Too many hazard, health and environmental warnings to make me feel comfortable with it. But it definitely ended our ant problem!

Kernel Season's Nacho Cheddar Seasoning, 8.5 Ounce Shakers (Pack of 2)
Kernel Season's Nacho Cheddar Seasoning, 8.5 Ounce Shakers (Pack of 2)
Price: $16.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!!, May 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Who doesn't like cheesy popcorn!?! We made popcorn tonight and added this Nacho Cheddar Seasoning and oh my! It was delicious! The product is actually made with "real cheese" and it does NOT have a chemical-flavoring taste often found in seasonings like this. We did not add butter to the freshly made popcorn, and neither my husband or I thought it was necessary. I imagine if butter were added, the seasoning would mix in and melt nicely. It is a dry powder, and I was worried it would make the popcorn taste dry and powdery, but it did not. It really added a great natural flavor to the popcorn.

I highly recommend this product! I can't wait to try it on a pasta or vegetable dish.

InterDesign Chevron Soft Storage, Large Box, Taupe/Natural
InterDesign Chevron Soft Storage, Large Box, Taupe/Natural
Price: $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for storing many items, May 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am pleasantly surprised at how sturdy this InterDesign Soft Storage box is. I am a quilter and use it to store fabric. Even when full, the sturdy sides and bottom holds their shape. The clear window allows me to see what's inside at a glance and without having to take it down off the shelf. The top fits nicely and snugly. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because the seaming around the clear window is poorly done -- the fabric puckers and folds away from the window, which is a bit unsightly. But if you're using it as a storage box and not a main decorating item, I'm not sure this would be an issue at all.

I will return to buy several more! I highly recommend this InterDesign Soft Storage box.

Nerf Super Soaker Tri Strike Crossbow Soaker
Nerf Super Soaker Tri Strike Crossbow Soaker
Price: $18.42
29 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars 8 year old grandson LOVES this!, May 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nothing will make you Grandmother of the Year faster than handing over this Nerf Super Soaker Crossbow to your 8 year old grandson on the first hot day of the year. LOL

Nerf is always a reliable toy, and this one is no exception. I really like that there are no batteries involved, and my 8 yr old grandson was able to easily so the pump action needed. He had a bit of a hard time refilling the Super Soaker with our garden hose, but once I took the hose off the faucet it was easier. Before the afternoon was done, he'd set up "targets" and was getting surprisingly accurate with his shots!

Overall, the toy seems well built, but light enough to be comfortable to carry around. I saw no signs of leaking, even after it getting handled fairly roughly for about 4 hours non-stop. The grandson thought it was extra-fun to be able to shoot three streams of water at once, though he did lose some distance when he shot that way.

Overall, I highly recommend this. I plan on buying 2 more so the neighborhood boys can come over to play with my grandson on hot summer afternoons. Water, physical activity, fun.... it's all good!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20