Profile for Shamrock > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shamrock RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Point Hope
Point Hope
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Reaffirms one's hope for healing of tattered relationships, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Point Hope (Kindle Edition)
This was a beautiful story, a believable depiction of how the emotions in a marriage can become so confused, colored by the feelings of each individual's story. We can identify with how each person is justifiably feeling, and our heart is moved by their pain. The efforts of the father's younger brother, who is part of their family, to draw them back together is both touching and humorous, and soon he becomes another pivotal character that moves into our hearts.

After keeping up good appearances on the state of their marriage until several situations can be dealt with, it takes a tragedy for the couple to drop their facades and turn to each other for comfort, causing both to realize how much they truly are a part of each other, and to remember their need and love for one another. The choices of others also result in healing and forgiveness on a number of levels, and it is a wonderful, heart-warming story.

I Hear Them Cry
I Hear Them Cry
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshed my memory, January 30, 2014
This review is from: I Hear Them Cry (Kindle Edition)
We cannot know another's journey nor what has brought them to be or made them who they are, yet how quickly we judge them. This book is such a strong and skillfully written story of learning "the other side" of those whom we have been put alongside in our lives. The characters are those we will both judge and come to have compassion for. I recommended this book on my Facebook page. While it may not be for everyone, I found it quite moving.

Melissa & Doug Beep Beep Jigsaw Puzzle - 24 - Piece
Melissa & Doug Beep Beep Jigsaw Puzzle - 24 - Piece
Price: $9.99
28 used & new from $5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful puzzle, January 30, 2014
I bought this for my grandson who turned 3 in December. He was starting to like the challenge of puzzles, and has always loved "anything with wheels." How could I go wrong? It is 24 pieces, good construction with bright colors, and a wonderful challenge for him. My daughter sent me a video of him doing his puzzle, and told me this was the "third time in a row." Wow, put along all the other Christmas presents he received, I'd have to say this one is a winner!

Passage Graves
Passage Graves
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Metaphysics meet quantum physics, December 20, 2013
This review is from: Passage Graves (Kindle Edition)
This is a great book, looking at happenings around ancient grave sites in Scotland from both a scientific side and a wonderfully imaginative metaphysical side. The story is well written, and carries you along at a pace that makes it difficult to put the book down. I found this immensely enjoyable and informative in the way that opens ones eyes to other possibilities.

Knights of Valor
Knights of Valor
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful collection, December 20, 2013
This review is from: Knights of Valor (Kindle Edition)
Knights of Valor is a set of four books, each written by a different author and each giving the reader a wonderful experience through their storytelling. I love Celtic Historical Romances dealing with Ireland/Scotland/England, and the stories showing the dangers of the times and the strength of the people. There is always the knock-dead handsome Highlander and the spirited beautiful lass, with enough emotional and sexual encounters to please even the most calloused reader. Each of these authors weaves their particular tale with skill and knowledge, and I enjoyed all four books.

Charming the Shrew (The Legacy of MacLeod Book 1)
Charming the Shrew (The Legacy of MacLeod Book 1)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, October 20, 2013
I'm totally stuck on Celtic Historical Romance stories that give a look at the political and cultural situations of the era, and this book certainly did not disappoint. Laurin Wittig develops the characters so they seem realistic and the explanation for their behavior believable. You feel the angst of the characters through their challenges as their love story develops, which makes for a great read.

The Mountain of Marvels: A Celtic Tale of Magic (Ancient Fantasy Book 1)
The Mountain of Marvels: A Celtic Tale of Magic (Ancient Fantasy Book 1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Short, but very informative, October 20, 2013
This book begins with a bit of history about the gathering of Celtic tales into it's first apparent written form in The Mabinogion. While there are actually only three stories, The King, The Queen, and The Companion, one can see the blending of stories and characters from Ireland to Wales. It's interesting to see how once Britain was Christianized these tales were given perhaps less standing in the cultures ... but certainly were kept alive. Worth the read.

Pinzon Egyptian Cotton 6-Piece Towel Set, Cranberry
Pinzon Egyptian Cotton 6-Piece Towel Set, Cranberry
Price: $21.99

2.0 out of 5 stars 1st impression didn't last, October 15, 2013
When these arrived I was very pleased with how soft they were. However, when washing them before first use, I had to actually wipe the red lint out of my washer. Following that, I removed an impressive amount of red lint from my dryer filter. At this point they still felt soft and luxurious. I thought surely their "shedding" would be finished, but when using one to dry off before stepping out of the bath tub, again there was red lint sprinkled throughout the tub.

I haven't washed the set a second time yet, but I'm a little leery about how long this "behavior" will continue. While the towels originally felt fluffy and of good quality, because of this unexpected and disappointing fact I will not order Pinzon Egyptian Cotton towels again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice face towels, September 24, 2013
These luxury combed-cotton face towels are really quite nice. I was surprised by the size, they are quite large; but they are heavy and durable while being soft.

Child of the Ghosts
Child of the Ghosts
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars A little much for me, June 25, 2013
I normally enjoy books of this genre, but this one just seemed to go to a place more gruesome than I'm willing to put my head around to find what the ending might be. I discontinued reading it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3