Profile for gfunkusarelius > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

gfunkusarelius "gfunkusarelius" RSS Feed (atlanta, ga)

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 2 GB MP3 Player (Black)
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 2 GB MP3 Player (Black)
Offered by BlueProton
Price: $45.95
12 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Podcasts and Audiobooks, November 23, 2009
This player is great for all the general reasons you can probably see- it is small, has cheap additional storage via micro SD cards, etc, but one thing I love about it is the bookmarking for podcasts and audiobooks. You can resume where you left off on a track, so you are free to bounce around. All the other MP3 players I have had were terrible for books and podcasts because if i wanted to change to another track (or accidentally bumped the forward or back buttons) I would lose my place and have to scan forever to get back where I was. I felt like a prisoner to a track because I knew if I stopped listening 45 minutes into a book, I would never come back to it.

The only two cons I have on this player are the battery life and the sleep/wake options. This is mainly compared to my Walkman, so it may not be bad for most players of its size.

In terms of battery, my Walkman never really seemed to need to be recharged. I guess the occasional plug-in for transferring music was enough to keep it going. The Clip+ seems to always be almost dead and has gone dead on me a couple of times in workouts because the indicator isn't that good (goes from half to empty). That said, it's a rechargeable battery so it's no big deal, you just have to remember to charge it a bit more.

Regarding sleep/wake- the Walkman would go into sleep mode within seconds of stopping a track and i could leave it for days and when I came back and pressed play, it would start instantly- no logon, no hello, just the track playing right where i left off. The Clip does not turn off when you stop playing. There are options to set it to turn off or sleep automatically after a given duration, but when i have that on, it will sleep or turn off even if music is playing sometimes. If I am missing something, let me know, but that seems ridiculous. So I have to manually turn it off when I am done and when I turn it back on, it takes about 3 to 5 seconds to get back up and running.

These negatives are pretty minor and are well worth the advantages of the resume features in playback. It's a great little player.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2013 1:07 PM PST