Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Rushead 2112-Hemispheres > Reviews

Browse

Rushead 2112-Hem...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rushead 2112-Hemispheres RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Walking on a Flashlight Beam
Walking on a Flashlight Beam
Price: $12.99
18 used & new from $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, June 1, 2016
Sounds much like a Depeche Mode album, Black Celebration is very similar.

Onkyo TX-8160 Network Stereo Receiver
Onkyo TX-8160 Network Stereo Receiver
Offered by AmazinSavings
Price: $398.49
23 used & new from $338.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice overall but the Sirius app. is worthless., May 16, 2016
Nice receiver overall, I'm using it with some Polk patio speakers for outdoor listening. The Sirius app. drops out constantly so I hope there's an update that addresses this. The remote app. works pretty well overall, it's nice to change the volume and switch inputs without leaving my patio.

Live At Knebworth Deluxe Edition (SD Blu-ray)
Live At Knebworth Deluxe Edition (SD Blu-ray)
DVD ~ Various Artists
Offered by MightySilver
Price: $11.97
24 used & new from $11.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Third time's the charm. Improved SD video and upgraded loseless audio., March 24, 2015
I originally had this on a two laserdisc set in the '90s and always enjoyed watching. Then in 2002 it was released on DVD with a new 5.1 mix in Dolby Digital and DTS, a nice upgrade. Unfortunately, the video transfer on the DVD looked horrible, like watching through a screen door. My only guess is this was shot in PAL format videotape and the conversion to NTSC was not executed properly. This new Blu-ray fixes that issue and even improves on the laserdisc video. This is not HD video quality, as it was shot on SD videotape, but it looks as good as it's gonna get. Also noticeably improved is the 5.1 audio which is in lossless surround, a nice step up from the lossy DTS stream on the DVD. This Blu-ray also adds a cool reproduction of the concert program.

Onkyo TX-NR727 3D Ready A/V Receiver - 7.2 Channel
Onkyo TX-NR727 3D Ready A/V Receiver - 7.2 Channel
2 used & new from $349.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice sounding receiver., March 11, 2015
I bought this receiver to replace an Onkyo TX-SR705 that I've have for almost 8 years. While I did like it, the Cirrus Logic D/A converters always sounded a little too bright for my tastes. The Burr-Brown converters in this 727 receiver sound much better and I find myself listening more because the experience is so much more comfortable. I also like the Audyssey room correction, which was unfortunately dropped in the newer 737 model. The bi-amp capability provides enough power for my JBL Studio 590 front speakers too. Having a phono input is a plus as well.

I haven't setup the wireless capabilities yet so I can't comment. I'll update my review when I do.

FiiO X5 2nd Generation High Resolution Digital Audio Player with Carrying Case and Extreme Audio 128GB MicroSD DAP Connection Kit
2 used & new from $280.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't group albums by artist, a deal breaker, January 16, 2015
The sound quality is very good but the lack of ability to group albums by artist was a deal breaker for me. If they add this feature in future firmware updates, I will consider re-buying this.

Clockwork Angels Tour
Clockwork Angels Tour
Price: $16.99
81 used & new from $10.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor mixing job, Geddy's voice isn't what it used to be., October 17, 2014
This review is from: Clockwork Angels Tour (Audio CD)
The audio mix is not very good, I've heard Rush bootlegs that are much better (e.g. Spirit Of The Airwaves). There are times when you can't hear the drums, or Geddy's voice, or a synth part. Also, Ged's voice is really showing it's age. I started noticing his voice was not up to par on when I saw them on the Time Machine Tour. When I saw Clockwork it seemed not as bad, but then listening to this CD it's worse. I'm hopeful their vacation will give time to rest and rejuvenate for the next tour.

The Division Bell 20th Deluxe Box
The Division Bell 20th Deluxe Box
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $125.00
16 used & new from $115.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Stellar stereo remaster, good surround mix with a few nitpicks, bonus tracks not on CD, October 8, 2014
The stereo remaster by James Guthrie on the Blu-ray disc is amazing, and it blows away the downsampled version on the CD.

The surround mix by Andy Jackson is good overall, but there are moments, for example, when I can't hear a prominent instrument. In "Take It Back" the main guitar progression is lost in the mix at times and the bass frequencies overpower it. Also, I feel he uses the phantom center a little too much because it makes the focus of the mix sound like it is just behind the listener. There are other times that I would love to hear the rhythm guitar part in more speakers to help fill out the mix but instead it folds down into one speaker. However, the bass extension and detail on both mixes is very clear and makes this edition stand out.

I wish the bonus tracks were also on a CD but they are just on the vinyl and can be downloaded at no additional cost. I prefer a lossless physical CD to downloads. The video for "Marooned" is impressive. The vinyl sounds decent overall, but it's a little noisy in the inner grooves. 4.5 stars overall.

VIM 7 Pc. Mini Torx Screwdriver Set
VIM 7 Pc. Mini Torx Screwdriver Set
Offered by Tool Deals
Price: $33.20
3 used & new from $25.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set for the money, October 6, 2014
I needed these to open and clean my home theater receiver remote control and they got the job done. Hopefully they will come in handy for other uses too.

TDK Media 61611 8.5GB DVD+R Double Layer 8X Spindle, 50 Pack
TDK Media 61611 8.5GB DVD+R Double Layer 8X Spindle, 50 Pack
9 used & new from $42.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work well for my particular needs., October 6, 2014
I bought these to burn backup copies of my daughter's DVDs which get very scratched and ruined in no time at all. I was able to burn one disc without issues on a Pioneer drive but unfortunately it would not play on her Sony DVP-FX930 portable DVD player. It played fine on my set top Panasonic DMP-BDT500 Blu-ray player, and also on my computer (5 year old Pioneer DVD burner). I had previously burned some backups using Verbatim DL media and they played fine on the Sony. Bummer. I'll be pawning these off on someone and buying more Verbatim media because my main purpose was to have these play on the Sony player.

Sea Change [Blu-ray Audio]
Sea Change [Blu-ray Audio]
Offered by a2z Blu Ray
Price: $34.19
23 used & new from $22.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Wider soundstage on the Blu-ray version., September 15, 2014
The soundstage on this Blu-ray is much wider than the DVD-Audio version. A worthy upgrade to a great album.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5