Profile for Knitty > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Knitty RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ECR4Kids Stackable Hardwood Toddler Chair, 6", Natural, 2-Pack
ECR4Kids Stackable Hardwood Toddler Chair, 6", Natural, 2-Pack
Price: $92.88
2 used & new from $92.88

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality + hard to assemble = Off-balance chair = Do Not Buy!, October 29, 2014
Please learn from my mistake and DO NOT BUY THESE CHAIRS. First, I ordered this from an educational supplier rather than Amazon, but am posting a review here to share my experience with anyone who may be comparing different toddler chairs. I'd return these chairs, but I don't want to pay for shipping.

And now the review: These chairs do not come assembled. I have a lot of experience assembling furniture (Ikea wardrobes, beds, desks, drawers, etc.), so thought this would be no big deal, but in fact this was a huge problem. You get four pieces of wood, 8 screws and an allen wrench. Easy, right? Nope. The manufacturing quality is shoddy and imprecise, so screw holes don't line up properly and the wooden grooves that allow the chair pieces to fit together are coarse, uneven and imprecise. The combination of the poor manufacturing plus the angle of the sides of the chair makes it very hard to make the two sides perfectly symmetrical. I kept having to loosen and tighten different screws to try to continually adjust the angles of the different sides fitting together.

So now, after all that, I have an assembled toddler chair... that is off balance and wobbles back and forth. Yay. There is a reason these are cheaper than other toddler chairs.

Dream On MeFoam Graco Pack and Play Mattress
Dream On MeFoam Graco Pack and Play Mattress
Offered by Wayfair
Price: $41.99
15 used & new from $30.13

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine in my Graco pack and play, October 29, 2014
Works fine in my Graco pack and play, but I wish the cover were more fabric-like. Who enjoys sleeping on vinyl, even if covered by a cotton sheet?

HALO SleepSack Winter Weight
HALO SleepSack Winter Weight
Price: $26.24
5 used & new from $21.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm and soft, roomy for walkers and kickers, October 22, 2014
I had actually been intent on getting more 3.5 tog Grobags from the UK for my toddler, but realized that the shape of the Halo Sleepsack (wide at the bottom) was much less restrictive than other sleepsacks I've purchased. This is important because last winter my son was just crawling and generally not super mobile in his sleepsack. Now he walks in his sleepsack in the crib.

Anyway, the sleepsack is a cozy, soft quilted cotton with padding in the middle. Warm but not super warm. Our bedroom can get quite cold in the winter, so this will not be warm enough once it's very cold. For late fall and early spring, however, this is great. For those coldest nights I've purchased a down sleepsack.

I've purchased the fleece Halo sleep sacks in the past as well, and prefer this one by far. The fleece tends to pill on the inside.

KORK-EASE Women's Myrna Buff on Suede Wedge Sandal
KORK-EASE Women's Myrna Buff on Suede Wedge Sandal
Price: $62.50 - $140.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Reservations: Small toebox, leather squeaks, May 27, 2014
Cute and very comfortable from the get-go, but the fit is unexpectedly small. I expected the toebox to be roomy but it was not, though the shoe itself is chunky and wide. I usually wear a 7.5 and ended up getting an 8, which fits mostly fine but not perfectly -- a tad too long and I still wish I had a bit more room to stretch in the toe area.

There's another problem: The leather squeaks! So when I walk, it's squeak-squeak-squeak!

I got the black and natural and it is very versatile.

Melissa & Doug Geometric Stacker
Melissa & Doug Geometric Stacker
Price: $16.99
57 used & new from $10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Paint comes off and wood splinters when baby chews on pieces, April 23, 2014
I was happy to have my almost 1-year-old play with this stacker until I saw he had blue paint on his mouth from chewing on a corner of one of the pieces. Another piece also chipped at an edge. Overall this toy fails on safety.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2014 10:37 AM PDT

Bravado! Designs Essential Nursing Bra Tank
Bravado! Designs Essential Nursing Bra Tank
Price: Click here to see our price

1.0 out of 5 stars GRRRR -- Need 2 hands to work the clasp, January 19, 2014
Revising review to be 1 star only. A nursing tank is supposed to make nursing easier, not harder. Did anyone involved in designing the nursing tank even try it out while holding a baby? It is impossible to maneuver the clasp with just one hand.

I ordered this nursing tank from another vendor, not Amazon, but feel compelled to review the product because it is SO FLAWED. Why would anyone design a nursing tank that requires two hands to undo the clasps? I own other nursing tanks and nursing bras and LOVE the Bravado seamless nursing bra, so thought this one would be great too. Not so. The clasp is a pain in the ass. Even using two hands it's a bit tricky.

I'm giving it two stars rather than one star because the material is comfortable.

ActiveWrap Hand/Wrist Wrap for Right or Left Hand, One Size, Black
ActiveWrap Hand/Wrist Wrap for Right or Left Hand, One Size, Black
Offered by SportingDoc
Price: $27.95
20 used & new from $27.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for freezing, fell apart in the microwave., November 27, 2013
I happily used the wrap and ice packs to ice my thumbs and wrists (De Quervain's). Worked perfectly until I needed to use the packs for heat. I zapped it for 30 seconds in the microwave with a wet paper towel wrapped around it, per instructions, and then another 30 to get it a bit hotter. I take it out and the plastic packet has ripped in half. Now the pack is unusable.

Smartwool Bootie Batch - Baby's Arctic Blue 12 Months
Smartwool Bootie Batch - Baby's Arctic Blue 12 Months

3.0 out of 5 stars Sized waaay too small, November 21, 2013
These cute, warm booties are too small for my 50th percentile 6-month-old baby. I ordered the 24 month instead--hope that one fits!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, pills terribly, November 12, 2013
I loved this camisole at the start -- it's comfortable, soft and stretchy, has thin foam cups, and offers some support (though probably not enough for the very well endowed). The only problem is that the material pills easily, so after a few months the cami now looks extremely worn. It's fine because I just wear it around the house, but it's a pity--it had such potential.

Zutano Newborn Unisex-Baby Fleece Bootie
Zutano Newborn Unisex-Baby Fleece Bootie
Price: $19.99 - $31.00

4.0 out of 5 stars 12M size a bit too big for 6M /16.5lb baby, November 9, 2013
I sized up, as the reviews all suggested, for my 6-month-old, who is 16.5 pounds. The booties turned out to be a bit too big and have fallen off a couple times today, but are a vast improvement from socks, and I expect my baby will grow into the booties over this winter (it's November). You can also make the ankle a bit tighter or looser, as there are two snaps to choose from. The booties appear warm and cover the ankles, so I have a feeling we'll end up using these a lot this winter. Why four stars and not five? The fleece could be thicker and the elastic more substantial.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4