Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale
Profile for Knitty > Reviews

Browse

Knitty's Profile

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Knitty RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Lowpricenice Winter Baby Kids Girls Boys Warm Woolen Coif Hood Scarf Caps Hats (!Red)
Offered by lowpricenice
Price: $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Smells like an industrial factory, January 22, 2016
Cute but unfortunately it smells like an industrial factory. I've washed it twice, and each time the smell returns. I'm certainly not going to have my son wear this.

Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light Daily Defense SPF 30 Tinted Matte Moisturizer with Antioxidants and Resveratrol - 2 oz

2.0 out of 5 stars Tint looks unnatural on Asian skin, October 6, 2015
Not moisturizing enough for my combo skin and the tint gives my East Asian skin a too-pink hue. I do like the ingredients though.

Creative Converting Baby Shower Boy Gingham Ribbon Banner
Creative Converting Baby Shower Boy Gingham Ribbon Banner
Price: $6.03
4 used & new from $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small, September 25, 2015
Cute but very small and muted in color. Not good value. Also costs $6 to return!

SwitchEasy AP-11-113-11 Tones Hybrid Carring Case for iPhone 6 (2014) / iPhone 6s (2015) - Orange
Offered by Auto PA
Price: $14.20
4 used & new from $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost slippery, August 18, 2015
Orange parts are smooth and almost slippery. Returning for that reason alone.

Warner's Women's Invisible Bliss Wire-Free Bra
Warner's Women's Invisible Bliss Wire-Free Bra
Price: $15.26 - $38.33

3.0 out of 5 stars Straps suck, everything else good., June 11, 2015
The non-adjustable straps are a major problem that cannot be overlooked. The bra is simple and comfortable, with a nice, natural shape, just what I'm looking for in almost all ways. However, the short straps are a deal breaker. I'm not tall--5'4" with a 34A--but the straps were so short that the back rode up immediately. Really don't see how this would hold up in the long run. Plus the single hooks in the back are a bit skimpy; having three rows of two hooks each would be more comfortable and stable.

My Own Pet Balloons Giraffe Jungle Animal
My Own Pet Balloons Giraffe Jungle Animal
Price: $12.62
6 used & new from $7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but deflated after 4 hours, May 17, 2015
The cutest of the three balloons I got (the two others are a chicken and a dog) but unfortunately this started losing air almost immediately and was noticeably deflated after a few hours. Wished this could have lasted longer than just the birthday party.

NewerTech Snuglet for Apple Laptops w/ MagSafe 2 Power Connectors
NewerTech Snuglet for Apple Laptops w/ MagSafe 2 Power Connectors
Offered by Newer Galaxy Distribution Company, LLC
Price: $17.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, wish it were even better., February 21, 2015
It's good, wish it were even better. Still not as secure as the L-shaped MagSafe connectors (it still wobbles), but it's a noticeable improvement.

ECR4Kids Stackable Hardwood Toddler Chair, 6", Natural, Set of 2
ECR4Kids Stackable Hardwood Toddler Chair, 6", Natural, Set of 2
Price: $99.99
4 used & new from $81.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to assemble, October 29, 2014
I'm revising my review, as I've gotten over the irritation related to assembly. The chairs turned out fine once I cranked the screws really tight, and the wobble ended up negligible. My son likes his chairs, likes to sit in them, likes to stack them, stand on them, etc. I wish the seats were a little deeper--I bought a similar (and more expensive) toddler chair by Community Playthings for a friend and the seat was deeper, seemed to be more comfortable. The chairs also slide around a bit too much on the wood floor.

---
Please learn from my mistake and DO NOT BUY THESE CHAIRS. First, I ordered this from an educational supplier rather than Amazon, but am posting a review here to share my experience with anyone who may be comparing different toddler chairs. I'd return these chairs, but I don't want to pay for shipping.

And now the review: These chairs do not come assembled. I have a lot of experience assembling furniture (Ikea wardrobes, beds, desks, drawers, etc.), so thought this would be no big deal, but in fact this was a huge problem. You get four pieces of wood, 8 screws and an allen wrench. Easy, right? Nope. The manufacturing quality is shoddy and imprecise, so screw holes don't line up properly and the wooden grooves that allow the chair pieces to fit together are coarse, uneven and imprecise. The combination of the poor manufacturing plus the angle of the sides of the chair makes it very hard to make the two sides perfectly symmetrical. I kept having to loosen and tighten different screws to try to continually adjust the angles of the different sides fitting together.

So now, after all that, I have an assembled toddler chair... that is off balance and wobbles back and forth. Yay. There is a reason these are cheaper than other toddler chairs.

Dream On Me Foam Pack and Play Mattress
Dream On Me Foam Pack and Play Mattress
Price: $47.94
16 used & new from $36.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine in my Graco pack and play, October 29, 2014
Works fine in my Graco pack and play, but I wish the cover were more fabric-like. Who enjoys sleeping on vinyl, even if covered by a cotton sheet?

HALO SleepSack Winter Weight
HALO SleepSack Winter Weight
Price: $34.99
4 used & new from $24.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm and soft, roomy for walkers and kickers, October 22, 2014
I had actually been intent on getting more 3.5 tog Grobags from the UK for my toddler, but realized that the shape of the Halo Sleepsack (wide at the bottom) was much less restrictive than other sleepsacks I've purchased. This is important because last winter my son was just crawling and generally not super mobile in his sleepsack. Now he walks in his sleepsack in the crib.

Anyway, the sleepsack is a cozy, soft quilted cotton with padding in the middle. Warm but not super warm. Our bedroom can get quite cold in the winter, so this will not be warm enough once it's very cold. For late fall and early spring, however, this is great. For those coldest nights I've purchased a down sleepsack.

I've purchased the fleece Halo sleep sacks in the past as well, and prefer this one by far. The fleece tends to pill on the inside.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2015 5:04 PM PDT