Profile for Nuknuk > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 94

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nuknuk RSS Feed (Springfield, VA)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Intova EDGE X Waterproof 1080p/60fps/Wireless/WiFi Full Featured Camera
Intova EDGE X Waterproof 1080p/60fps/Wireless/WiFi Full Featured Camera
Offered by Quantum Wireless
Price: $299.00
26 used & new from $299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all around action cam - baptized to brave the deep waters, May 23, 2015
Length:: 2:53 Mins

I have tried this action cam both on water and on the sky. It performed very well on both occasions. The camera can be set on a number of different resolutions and excelled on my test except for 240 frames per second where it began to falter. You should only use class 10 memory card with this camera. I like the 1080P 60 fps which works particularly well when you do slow-motion editing.

Instruction manual is very straightforward and easy to follow. The basic functions are intuitive. You can take videos and stills, and then switching from stills, to videos, to playback is just a matter of pressing one button.

The lens has a special coating that if you come out of the water, the water just rolls off nicely to have a clear visual.

Cons: The camera is heavier than other action cams that I have tried. I noticed that there are footages that are a bit off-color on my tests. It also needs to improve on speed from starting up from off to ready.

For almost half the price of a Gopro, this is an excellent alternative for an action cam. And if you need one for water adventures, this camera that was born in Hawaii is designed specifically for that purpose. The housing is rated at 60 meters deep. You can tell how tight and how effectively sealed it is when you open the housing.

A sample was sent to me for review and evaluation.

Neon® Portable DIY Long Distance 300m DC/USB Powered Wireless MP3 Music Doorbell Door Chime with SD Card USB Port 3.5mm Headset - Download Your Own Bell Sound
Offered by Number-One Shop
Price: $33.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun customizable door bell, May 22, 2015
This is one fun to use doorbell. When I saw this for the first time, it gave me a chuckle when I saw the size of the thing. Reminded me of a giant Apple TV remote. The main battery compartment contains the included battery for the remote, a 12V 23A that is typical of a door bell battery. You have to provide though the 3 AA batteries for the big receiver module.

Selecting a tune:
You go through all the tunes by pressing forward or reverse. Each time you press, the tune or song skips to the next one. If you find the tune or the song that you like, press the "Set" button. Next time you press the doorbell transmitter, it will play the chosen tune or song. If you want your own music to play when somebody press the doorbell, you would need to insert a TF card with your songs on it.

This can also be used as an MP3 player. It has a 3.5mm socket that you can use with your headphones.

Make sure the format that you use TF card is not a proprietary format. I would stick with a regular good old MP3 format.

Sample door bell was sent to me for review and evaluation.

Dbmier A3 LED Ultra-thin Light Tracer Artcraft Tracing Light Pad Adjustable Light Box - 12.20" X 16.93" with Acrylics 110v Ac Power Adapter & Dimmable LED Lamps Ideal for Stenciling, 2d Animation, Calligraphy, Embossing, Scrapbooking, Tattoo Transferring, Sketching & Drawing, Sewing Projects, Stained Glass, Quilting, Editing Negatives
Offered by Dbmier
Price: $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient ultra portable lightbox, May 22, 2015
Length:: 2:52 Mins

I work in an engineering consulting firm that provides design services for electrical, mechanical, plumbing and structural. We use computer aided drafting softwares like AutoCAD and Revit. The company is a mixture of new bloods and old school masters of the trade. From time to time, we are still using lightbox to help us with our drawings and tracing. The engineers use it to do their markups. Drawings can also be placed overlapping with another drawing to locate devices and equipment.

Our current lightbox was built in house using T8 or T12 fluorescent lamps. It occupies one table because of its size. The A3 is a night and day experience compared to our lightbox. It only consumes a few watts compared to the tube lamps. Engineers can easily borrow and bring it to his own desk if he needs to use it himself. There are three levels of light intensities, just tap the power button repeatedly to cycle through the different levels.

If there is anything I suggest to improve is the LED light diffusion across the surface. You can see the line of LEDs at the bottom and on the top. The middle is slightly dimmer in contrast. Overall it wasn't really bad as you are using it as a tracer tool and not to watch on.

If you have kids who love to draw, this lightbox can also be a nice helping tool.

Sample item was sent to me for review and evaluation.

Bamoer Set of 3 18K Gold Plated Cubic Zirconia Square Halo Wedding Stacking Ring for Girl,Women Size 6 to 9

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and elegant, May 21, 2015
Length:: 0:29 Mins

This is the second ring I got from this company. Again I am beyond satisfied for the amazing value for this piece of jewelry. My wife and I have seen jewelries at the mall that sell for twice as much but looks ordinary compared to this.

My wife is wearing this. Unfortunately it only comes in full sizes when we ordered it so it's a little big for her ring finger. Great craftsmanship and the stone have very even setting. I also like that they have their name engraved inside of the ring; it looks classy. Simple design but very elegant. Another bonus with these three ring set is that you can wear them on individual fingers if you want.

Sample jewelry was sent to me for review and evaluation.

13.8V Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Handheld Powerful Suction Low Noise Slim Portable Blue
Offered by HOMETEK
Price: $90.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid handheld vac, May 21, 2015
I always want to have one in the kitchen where things is always happening. This is good for spilled cereals, chips on the couch, anything that need some immediate clean up without hauling the full size vac in the house. This is the third one we had in may years and the last one died when the battery finally gave up.

I am surprised with the extra's. Usually handhelds don't come with crevice tool, brush and a flexible pipe extension. Those are really useful. Suction is OK, just what I expect from a battery operated handheld vac. Easy on and off button and easy to open the dust chamber. It also won't hurt to clean a little liquid with this vac.

Quickspecs:
3 pcs 2200 mA rechargeable batteries
4-6 hr charging time
20 mins discharge time
100-240V AC adapter with 13.8V, 0.9A output

Cons:
There is no wall mount included and no bag for the accessories.

Sample vac was sent to me for review and evaluation.

Smart Light-activated Sensor Alarm Clock with Date,Weekdays and Temperature Display, Three Alarm Modes, Repeating Snooze, and Touch-activated Nightlight, White (Battery Operated)

5.0 out of 5 stars Light-activated backlight works great, May 21, 2015
Length:: 1:56 Mins

What I really like about this clock is that you can see it in complete darkness. It has a sensor (located on the back) that determine how much light is in the room and it will automatically turn on the backlight if it is too dark. Most digital face clocks would need to be manually tapped to turn on the light. The backlight is very faint not to tax the battery too much and just enough to see the big numbers.

It has an internal battery that charges on a regular USB adapter. USB cable is included but not the AC wall adapter.

Sample item was sent to me for review and evaluation.

Bamoer Women Set of 2 18K White Gold Plated Big Round CZ Wedding Ring Fashion Jewelry Sizes 6 to 9

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful - simple but very elegant, May 20, 2015
This is an amazing bling for such an inexpensive price. I have seen jewelries at the mall that sell for twice as much but looks ordinary compared to this. My wife loves it. Very even setting. I also like that they have their name engraved inside of the ring; it looks classy. This is a 2-set which you can wear individually if you want. Simple design but very elegant.

Sample jewelry was sent to me for review and evaluation.

Foscam C1B C1 Indoor HD 720P Wireless Plug and Play IP Camera with Night Vision up to 26-Feet Super Wide 115 Degree Viewing Angle (Black)
Offered by Foscam Digital Technologies LLC
Price: $79.99
3 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great video quality - much easier to setup, May 20, 2015
I had a few IP cameras before and from my previous experiences this was the easiest to install. (Although not still not a plug-and-play experience in the real sense).

The camera is small, you can practically put it anywhere. Positioning is easy, you can either use the screws that came with it or you can just lay it on top of a shelf or table. There are a couple of elbows where you can adjust and tighten to a fixed position. This camera has a slot for TF (also called microSD card) to save your either video or pictures.

I first downloaded the app from the app store, then I plugged the camera to a USB power source. Included in the box is a small USB power adapter (just a tad bigger than an iPhone cube), manual and various literature and a 6 feet long USB cable. When I fired up the app it won't do anything as if all the buttons are frozen. So what I did was visit the Foscam website and registered to Foscam’s iCloud. The app now recognized my login but now it is telling me that the account is not activated. Apparently, you need to wait for an email so you activate the account. I thought there was something wrong with the system registration because I didn't get any email for a period of time. The email came 2 hours later. After that experience, everything worked smoothly then.

That interface of the app is easy to navigate and very simple. To add the C1 camera, I tap on the app to scan the QR code at the back of the cam. It recognized it instantly. It then communicated with the camera and it took about 45 seconds before they are connected. I did not put any TF card yet but I was able to save a few pictures and videos. The HD resolution and the quality of the video is amazing. I tested it aimed inside and outside of the house and it's still very clear. I also like the wide angle of vision.

The video also depends on the speed of your internet. You will experience some choppiness if your internet is slow. You can decrease the resolution on the setting. It is a slide bar that is very easy to adjust. I can also view the camera remotely using my phone’s LTE connection. You would need to turn it on in the setting though as the default is WiFi connection only.

This is a sample item that was sent to me for review and evaluation.

InStyler Wet To Dry Rotating Iron, Purple, 1-1/4 Inch
InStyler Wet To Dry Rotating Iron, Purple, 1-1/4 Inch
Price: $98.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice waves and volume, May 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Your hair doesn't need to be completely dry to use the InStyler, but you still need to use a towel to remove excess water. The rotating barrel is new so you need some learning curve to get used to it. Actually they make a similar product which you can reverse the barrel rotation, which is a better choice because it is easier to maneuver around your head.

Quick specs:
– Tourmaline ceramic plates
– Multiple heat settings up to 410°F
– 30 seconds heat up
– Ionic bristles
– swivel cord

It works, just don't expect that it would do wonders. Gives a good deal of waves and creates volume. The swivel cord helps a lot specially when you switch sides.

TaoTronics® LED Desk Lamp TT-DL13(10W. 5 Modes, 7 Level's Brightness Control)
TaoTronics® LED Desk Lamp TT-DL13(10W. 5 Modes, 7 Level's Brightness Control)
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek and compact - good amount of light, May 20, 2015
Length:: 2:35 Mins

I love this LED desk lamp. It is gorgeous and stylish, it is bright. It is very stable yet very compact. It can switch from cool daylight to warm relaxing light with just a touch of a button. You can brighten or dim it either by tapping or swiping on the row of buttons. The lamp can be directed to almost any direction with its rotating arms and pivoting base.

The only thing I suggest that needs a revamp is the USB port at the back. It is only 0.5A which is not powerful enough to charge my iPad Air. It is only good for smartphones and smaller electronic gadgets like MP3 players. I don't understand why only 0.5A which on the other hands is typical for a lot of LED desk lamps The port shoud be at least 2.0A.

It plugs through an AC adapter rated at 100-240V. To turn the lamp off, hold on the power button (the button to the very left) for at least 3 seconds. The button will turn orange and lamp will be off.

4.5 stars

This is a sample item sent to me for review and evaluation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20