Profile for Brandi Loo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brandi Loo RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
The Testing
The Testing
Price: $8.54

4.0 out of 5 stars The kind of book you loose sleep over, July 9, 2014
This review is from: The Testing (Kindle Edition)
Initially, there are several similarities to Hunger Games. Before long, despite the similarities, The Testing stands on its own as a great read. I give it a thumbs up and can't wait to read the next installment.

Fisher-Price Precious Planet 2-in-1 Projection Mobile
Fisher-Price Precious Planet 2-in-1 Projection Mobile
Price: $45.99
44 used & new from $37.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it so much, bought it for our nephew, June 15, 2014
This mobile is awesome. We actually still use it on my 2 year old's toddler bed. I know my nephew will love it as much as she does!

Allegiant (Divergent Book 3)
Allegiant (Divergent Book 3)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars the best of the three, May 15, 2014
I'll admit it, I didn't love the book immediately. It took a little while to get everything that Roth packed into the story. My love for it creeped up on me. I wanted to hate the ending, but I get it.

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments)
City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, September 1, 2013
It was really difficult to get into this book. It was only my love of the characters that kept me reading. It did finally pull me in about halfway through, but that is way too late in my opinion.

Beautiful Creatures
Beautiful Creatures

4.0 out of 5 stars A keep-you-up-all-night-reading kind of book, July 7, 2013
I really enjoyed Beautiful Creatures. There was nothing in this book that I did not like. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

daynight
daynight
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An awesome concept that really gets you thinking, April 7, 2013
This review is from: daynight (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed Daynight. I stayed up well past when I should have gone to sleep several nights because I had to see what was happening next. Just as you got comfortable with the story line, a new twist would come up to totally throw you off. The characters are very like able and well executed. I can't wait for the next book in the series.

Blood Debt (Touched Series Book 1)
Blood Debt (Touched Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to drop everything and keep reading...., March 24, 2013
Blood Debt was so incredibly well written, it pulled me into the story and kept me captivated. I have to be honest, it took me awhile to read this because of the centaur thing. I was worried our heroine would start to change into half horse. Thankfully, the premise stood out enough that I took a chance, partly because the beautiful cover kept drawing me in. I have already downloaded the next book- I even paid full price for it (gasp). I am going to start reading it this instant.

Darlings (Everland Eternal)
Darlings (Everland Eternal)

3.0 out of 5 stars A wild ride..., March 9, 2013
Darlings was a little overwhelming at first. There is so much going on and so much to understand.

Immortals. Powers. Manticans. Being sworn. When I found out about Emma's part in everything, I almost stopped reading. Seriously?

Then a date with Pete turns disaster. At this point, I was totally sucked in and knew I wouldn't give up on the book.

I felt as though Gwen took her guilt a little too far. Knowing what happened to her sister, why would she really try the dark faerie thing?

The train ride was a great ending. It finished off the story nicely and left the reader waiting anxiously for the next book.

Some proof reading issues. They got worse closer to the end of the book. An entire chapter was duplicated which was annoying. Most of the errors were minor. On occasion, the errors were confusing enough to make me pause as I deciphered the true meaning of the passage. This would have been 4 stars without these errors.

Edgewood (Edgewood Series Book 1)
Edgewood (Edgewood Series Book 1)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Electrifying, February 24, 2013
Edgewood is the story of Russ, a sophomore in high school who deals with insomnia by taking walks in the middle of the night. While on one of these walks, he encounters a phenomenon he calls "lights". After his encounter, he develops the ability to heal himself and others. He meets teens that have also seen the lights and gotten powers. There are two groups interested in Russ and what he can do. It is difficult to know who he can trust.

I enjoyed this book. It was hard to put it down, I wanted to see what was going to happen next. I want to knock Russ in the head because he doesn't figure out what it means that he is "next gen". It seems so obvious to me. I just downed Wanderlust (Edgewood 2) for my Kindle. I even paid full price!

Gravity (The Taking)
Gravity (The Taking)
Price: $5.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply awesome...., February 18, 2013
I read most of Gravity (The Taking) during a long car ride and I am so glad I did. Gravity is the kind of book that would keep you awake all night because you simply have to know what happens next. This book had everything- friendship, love, family, aliens, war, subterfuge.... It was a wild ride. I was stunned, and disappointed to learn that I can't simply jump into the next book. Waiting until August is going to be torture.

Page: 1 | 2