Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Ri Q. > Reviews

Browse

Ri Q.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ri Q. RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, Book 1)
The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, Book 1)
by Rick Riordan
Price: $12.38
452 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Mystery of the gods, October 15, 2010
To start off with, "The Lost Hero" is the first book of a series that follows the events of the Percy Jackson series. So, to be blunt, you'd be kind of lost if you read this without finishing off those first!
The basis of the story is that a teenager named Jason finds himself on a school bus, not remembering anything about himself. Immediately following this, he meets Piper and Leo, a girl and a boy who strongly believe that he is their good friend. Afterward, a battle ensues and the story continues on as classic mythology flows throughout the entire book.
I thoroughly enjoy mostly any book about mythology, and I would definitely mark this as one of my favorites. It contains a lot of action and information that incorporates the Greek and Roman mythology perfectly into the storyline. The plot unfolds at a non-rushed pace. I could never wait to see what happened next when I had to rest after reading it for about an hour. In simple terms...it was a REALLY good book.

Warriors Super Edition: SkyClan's Destiny
Warriors Super Edition: SkyClan's Destiny
Price: $12.92
164 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars As usual!, August 3, 2010
As usual, I have been anticipating the Warriors book for such a long time. I was so excited to read it, and when I started I couldn't take my eyes off the words. I have very high expectations of Erin Hunter's writing, and she did not disappoint me! The central plot revolves around SkyClan, a lost clan that is rebuilt at a gorge by ThunderClan's leader, Firestar. This book is filled with action, and I was lost inside of it myself. It is amazing, and to say that I loved it would be an understatement!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2010 4:24 AM PDT

Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls)
Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls)
by Ally Carter
200 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, July 26, 2010
If I were to say this book were good, I would be underrating it entirely. For those who would like to learn more about the Gallagher Girls series, the overview is - Cammie Morgan, who attends the Gallagher Academy For Exceptional Young Women. She is the main character. To outsiders, the boarding school is for rich families that have nothing to do with their daughters except to send them to that school. However, on the inside, it is a training center for spies.
In this latest installment of the series, Cammie and her friends are determined to find out more about the Circle of Cavan, who want to kidnap Cammie for reasons unknown. When they return to school after the summer, they find that nearly all of the secret passages leading outside are blocked, and one of their best teachers has been replaced with a cold-hearted spy. I don't want to give it all away, so you should find out for yourself what happens. I was drawn to read it in the first few words. It has action and humor incorporated into the smart logic that will have you wondering. When I reached the last few lines, I was longing for more. This is a perfect read for the summer!

Fading Echoes Warriors: Omen of the Stars, No. 2
Fading Echoes Warriors: Omen of the Stars, No. 2
Price: $16.56
221 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, May 15, 2010
I found that the characters in this series really got to me. They are described so vividly and act so much like humans that I could actually believe that they were real. For me, this book ended much too soon. I wanted to read more. It drew me in very quickly, and I was always very anxious to read it.

Lies (Gone)
Lies (Gone)
by Michael Grant
Price: $15.14
127 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, May 13, 2010
This review is from: Lies (Gone) (Hardcover)
"Lies" is an amazing addition to the Gone series. It has a lot of suspense, and as much action as anyone could ask for. I waited a very long time for this book to come out, and it definitely didn't disappoint me. I was almost glued to the book, and at the first sentence, I was there, inside the novel itself. Anyone can read this book and enjoy it!

Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks
Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks
by Lauren Myracle
77 used & new from $1.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, April 26, 2010
The thing I loved about "Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks" was the fact that there wasn't a huge, big problem that the book revolved around. It simply focuses on Carly, who is an older sister with troubles in her love life and family life. It was entertaining and Carly isn't the typical character that you usually find in these kinds of books. While others are aiming to be the same and blend in, Carly is the one who wants to stick out and be different. This is mainly what makes the entire novel interesting. "Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks" is for every girl from 13-18. I enjoyed it a lot. Lauren Myracle has worked up a really nice novel once more!

Skybreaker
Skybreaker
by Kenneth Oppel
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $9.99
122 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A new modern time, March 14, 2010
This review is from: Skybreaker (Mass Market Paperback)
If anyone asked me about this book, they would watch me as I gave a little jump of excitement and tell them that it was just amazing. "Skybreaker" is the sequel to "Airborn", set in a time where there are airships, no airplanes. In these two books, the main character is Matt Cruse, a boy who is born in the air. "Skybreaker" tells about the spotting of a long-lost ship, "Hyperion". This leads on an entire search for the riches that could await them on the ship that disappeared forty years ago.
"Skybreaker" is full of action and suspense. In many ways, I could count this as one of the most exciting books that I have ever read.

11 Birthdays: A Wish Novel
11 Birthdays: A Wish Novel
by Wendy Mass
Price: $5.94
278 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An AMAZING book, March 8, 2010
An overview of "11 Birthdays" is that Amanda and Leo are born on the same day, and they are best friends, celebrating their birthdays together every year, until their tenth on which they split apart and don't talk to each other. On the day that is supposed to be the day after their eleventh birthday, however, they find that the entire town still thinks they are just turning eleven!
In my opinion, this book is one that is good for anyone of any age. Aside from having a perfect plot, it can also give readers morals. Although everyone will have a different lesson drawn from this book, everyone who reads this can all take something away from it.

Seekers #4: The Last Wilderness
Seekers #4: The Last Wilderness
Price: $13.38
133 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the next one!, March 1, 2010
I was really shocked when I saw this book out in stores - and the fact that I hadn't read it yet. So when I saw it sitting on the shelf in a bookstore, I bought it immediately. Being an Erin Hunter fan, I knew what to expect - excellent detail, a perfect touch of action. And I got those things. While reading, I felt like I had been sucked into the book; that I was standing in front of the characters and watching every single thing happen in front of my very eyes. Whenever I was able to peel my eyes off the words, I discovered that, no, those things in the story hadn't actually happened. Whoever loves Erin Hunter's books or animals, this is for you.

Darkwing (Silverwing)
Darkwing (Silverwing)
by Kenneth Oppel
Price: $16.04
73 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent prequel, February 25, 2010
This review is from: Darkwing (Silverwing) (Hardcover)
"Darkwing" is set 65 million years ago, and people might know this age as the time of the dinosaurs. In this, a chiropter (pre-bats) named Dusk is our main protagonist. He is often teased because of his differences. His kind do not fly; they glide, which means they can only go down and must climb their way up.
Dusk learns about saurians, the creatures that ruled the earth before being killed by what was thought to be a rock falling from the sky. In this thrilling prequel to the Silverwing series, "Darkwing" shows strong personification and makes us feel as though these characters are real people with real life problems.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6