Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for MHenniger > Reviews

Browse

MHenniger's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MHenniger RSS Feed

KEEN Women's Wapato Tall WP Winter Boot,Burnt Olive,10 M US
KEEN Women's Wapato Tall WP Winter Boot,Burnt Olive,10 M US
Offered by Shoebuy
Price: $100.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for only 20 days., May 17, 2015
I bought these for a winter trip to Europe. I absolutely loved them for most of the trip, however after wearing them for 20 days there was a staple or something coming up from the sole of the shoe. I couldn't get to it as the insole was not removable, but it was quite painful. Couldn't return it as it had been too long. It's really too bad as I loved the look, fit and warmth of the boot.

Coleman 12 x 10 Instant Screened Canopy
Coleman 12 x 10 Instant Screened Canopy
Price: $158.74
38 used & new from $126.99

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 Piece unit - difficult to setup - heavy but sturdy, October 19, 2014
This thing is heavy to carry, and it's a hassle to set up by yourself. I keep walking around it in circles, moving each of the 6 legs a little at a time until it is fully expanded, then set it up the rest of the way. Once the frame is locked into place, then put 2 more cloth pieces: one on top, and a screen around the walls. I had assumed this one one of those easy-up one piece screened units like we use at the baseball games - but with a net. In reality it is a 3 piece heavy unit that doesn't make sense to set up unless you are camping for several days. That said, it is sturdy and staked down can handle the wind.

Camp Chef Mountain Series 2 Burner/High Pressure Stove
Camp Chef Mountain Series 2 Burner/High Pressure Stove
Price: $99.99
16 used & new from $98.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simmer's ok. better than coleman., October 19, 2014
Great stove. Not unreliable like the coleman. You can set it to simmer and it stays lit reliably. Why did I spend so much time with a coleman. Should have thrown it away and gotten this little fellow from day one.

Camco 44573 Yellow Tri-Leveler
Camco 44573 Yellow Tri-Leveler
Price: $15.39
57 used & new from $15.39

3.0 out of 5 stars There is only 1 in the package. can handle 7500 lbs GVWR no problem., October 19, 2014
Bought this and when I received it I realized there is only one (not a pair as I had thought.) Went down to the RV dealer and got a matching leveler so it's working now. My vehicle is 7500 GVWR and this leveler handles it just fine.

Marble Run - Marbulous Marble Run 202 Pieces + Bonus 50 Marbles Total of 252 Pieces

4.0 out of 5 stars I especially like the bell ringers and the roll-around-til-it-finally-drops funnel, October 19, 2014
Tons of options and open to creative layouts without having to read the plans in the booklet. I especially like the bell ringers and the roll-around-til-it-finally-drops funnel. Would recommend.

GeForce GTX 980 4GB
GeForce GTX 980 4GB

2.0 out of 5 stars Crashes on 344.11 (sept 18,2014) and 344.16 versions of drivers., October 19, 2014
Had the card for a couple of weeks and it keeps crashing the computer (back to bios). Fails on 344.11 and 344.16. Power supply does not appear to be the problem. I've heard that underclocking (below stock) may fix it. I've fallen back to my Radeon 5750 until i can figure out how to get this card to run reliably.

Virtual Active - American Southwest Advanced Cycle
Virtual Active - American Southwest Advanced Cycle
DVD ~ Johnny Pearman

3.0 out of 5 stars Downloadable Video is low resolution, DVD's are motion stabilized, September 23, 2012
I attempted to find the video resolution of the downloadable videos but I can't find this information anywhere.
Only after purchasing the downloadable videos did I find they have substandard video resolution (640 x 360).
Unfortunately, I had to purchase the DVD to get a reasonable resolution. (720 x 480)

That said, there are no other vidoes in this genre that do anywhere near as good a job at image stabilization.
My recommendation is that if you are using a small screen, the downloadable content should be fine, but if you are planning on using a large screen TV, spend the extra money on the DVD's.

Subject to this one caveat, I would definately recommend the hike and running series.

LYL Mini V1.5 USB OBD2 OBDII Scan Tool Auto Diagnostic Scanner Car Diagnostic Tool Auto Scan Check Engine Light & CAN-BUS
Offered by Free Your Body
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works but some of the free apps don't work on windows 7, November 3, 2011
For less than $20 this is a pretty neat little device. There are a few comments I have about it:

- The firmware of the ELM327 chip is version 1.4, this means it lacks a few features such as the CRA, CSM, and J1931 JHF/JTM1/JTM5, and the improved MP command, however these are niceties that aren't needed to get the OBD to give all the info you need.

- The device won't be detected on the USB if there is not the 12volt VBAT signal on the OBD-II pin 16 (from the Car) which means you have to have it plugged into a car before it can be detected. (Don't think it's broken...plug it into your car first.)

- It comes with several free/demo software OBD packages that won't all behave on windows 7, so you need a laptop with Windows XP and a USB port to make the software play.

- Plugging the OBD device into windows 7, however, does install and load the correct USB/serial port driver without a problem. (The only windows 7 compatibility issue is the free software that doesn't like windows 7, although I got it to work on windows 7 with one of the apps.)

- The documentation on the device is non-existent. You have to figure out how to plug it in and install the software yourself. The hardest part is likely figuring out which COM port to use.

That said, it can't be beat for the price. You can always decide to pay for the more expensive software packages out there, but it's not likely that you will need more than the diagnostic detection and MIL light resetting it provides as is, though the high-power user might want to demo the software and decide on the upgrade if needed.

I went to the ELM website (the guys who made the chip) and found the protocol documentation and so I'm writing my own program to talk on the CAN bus and have been able to successfully create ISO 15765-4 as well as raw CAN frames at multiple baud rates without a problem. I'm glad I got this little bugger.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2015 3:33 PM PST

Waring HPB300 MegaMix Commercial Blender, Brushed Steel
Waring HPB300 MegaMix Commercial Blender, Brushed Steel
Price: $168.80
27 used & new from $99.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Polycarbonate Jug does not hold up, August 25, 2010
I generally use this product to make smoothies (frozen strawberries, banana, whey protein and milk) and always use it at half speed. The base of the jug mates with the motorized base using a rubber wheel on the motorized base and soft metal wheel on the jug. The soft metal wheel on the jug soon stripped out, so I ordered a replacement set from Waring ($43), and it also stripped. I then went to Fry's and got a new Megamix ($179) and it only took about a month for the metal wheel on the new jug to also get stripped out (which means the blade no longer turns although the motor runs fine.) There is no question that the motor has plenty of power but two side effects of the design are (1) a very loud blender and (2) shortened lifespan of the jug-to-base fitting junction. For what I need, I really don't need a 1 horsepower motor, so I'm going to finally give up on this one and get something more durable - probably a vitamix. They are expensive but I've bought two of these Warning Pro HPB300s at about $400 with tax, so it's comparable in price to the vitamix and I am hoping the vitamix will continue to work.