Profile for Nate Brooks > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nate Brooks RSS Feed

Pleaser Women's Sexy 18 Black Fashion Sandals 14 M
Pleaser Women's Sexy 18 Black Fashion Sandals 14 M
11 used & new from $83.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money., April 1, 2015
Love these gorgeous sandals by Pleaser, The jewels on the ankle looks better in person than the picture. Very elegant, very striking. These heels will definitely turn heads. Can't wait to wear them with the right outfit. A+

Pleaser Women's Delight-685G/G/M Dress Pump,Gold Multi Glitter/Gold Chrome,14 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Pumps, especially if your a GUY., October 21, 2013
As we know, if your a guy who's confident enough to wear heels out, the you need these pumps apart of your arsenal. They are stunningly beautiful! Honestly my first impression was "I'm Cinderella!" They have the kind of quality about them, and on a guy you can just multiple that by 100. They are stunners, and you will turn heads and attach attention.

The actual fit is very snog but not small. Your feet will fit in it if you already know your size in most heels, you just have to be patience. Which is a good thing to me. I don't like my pumps to have any room where my feet can slip out of them. But once you get your feet in the shoe, they feel super secure and comfortable enough to go out in. So once your feet is in them they aren't a bad tight, they are a "good tight feel." They are really easy to walk in, and are very balanced because of how snug they feel. I ordered a size 14...12 in mens sizes. I normally wear and 11 in mens footwear,so I did have to order up to the women 14 in order to be comfortable. But I already knew this before ordering.For men, they make your feet look petite too. They are an all around a MUST HAVE pump for guys who feet are too big to fit in small womens' size.

Grand Theft Auto V - Playstation 3
Grand Theft Auto V - Playstation 3
Offered by We The Little People
Price: $29.39
211 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pinnacle of EXPLORATION. A Must-Buy for all mature gamers!, September 17, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
$60 almost seems EXTREMELY CHEAP! Your money has never been MORE WORTH a video game IN HISTORY, until now.

Every human being has a curious side, and GTA 5 completely exploits that side in all of us. Everything about the experience feels ALIVE. The best virtual world, yet! This is the open world game we all knowingly or unknowingly wanted all along.

The really sad part is, you will have fun doing everything in this game! It's sad, because it seems almost unfair. No game has really accomplished this level of PURE QUALITY. I guess it's true with GTA 5 being the most expensive game ever made,YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! And Rockstar clearly paid for the best in creating this GEM!

There is no negatives really in this game. At least nothing I was able to pinpoint. Following the story, or doing whatever your curiosity takes you, IS ALL SO ENGAGING. That's what a video game is all about...choices...but having the ultimate fun through ALL OF IT. Sustaining that level of PURE ENGAGEMENT throughout, that you don't want to put it down! That is VERY hard to do, but Rockstar did it, and did so EXCEPTIONALLY WELL! The hype is real, and for good reason. Rockstar delivered.

I am merely reviewing my reaction to GTA 5, so this isn't really a review. But more of a satisfied customer writing about a great experience that I encourage everyone else reading to go out and find within this MASTERPIECE game.

Everybody who owns a PS3 or 360, it's no brainer...pay the money, because you won't regret it. Especially knowing you get the free bonus of GTA: Online afterwards for crazy multiplayer online fun. Thank you, Rockstar!

Samsung UN46ES7100 46-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Slim LED HDTV (Silver) (2012 Model)
Samsung UN46ES7100 46-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Slim LED HDTV (Silver) (2012 Model)
5 used & new from $799.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung is AMAZING! Especially if coming a from Vizio TV., May 4, 2013
For starters, the aesthetics of this TV is so modern and chic! The silver thin frame and accompanying stand instantly lets you know you have a quality TV. And for me, this was my very first Samsung TV. I had a complete 3D Smart TV from Vizio which had great picture quality, (or so I had PRIMITIVELY thought), BUT the UN46ES7100F takes the cake without a doubt! I didn't realize there was such a VAST, NOTICEABLE difference in picture quality upgrading to this LED TV from being a Vizio TV owner. Like all more expensive products, I assumed Samsung's High End TVs really didn't offer much besides its name. I now know how untrue that is.

The UN46ES7100F outperformed all my expectations in every avenue, AFTER I took the time to familiarize myself with the ins and out of this TV, the settings, and Samsung's Smart Hub and other technologies. Having never owned a Samsung TV of any kind before, it's definitely a learning curve, that is FUN to endeavor on. Once I quirked everything to my liking, and set up HD sources like my PS3, I really was in awe of what I had recieved in my bedroom. The sound quality of this TV I also quirked to the setting of Amplify on the TV. The gives the sound almost a surround sound effect, and makes the sound on par with the visuals this TV can produce. Some people claim the sound is awful on this set, but its just not true. It's weird, because at first I did think the sound was very weak, until I played with the sound settings, and now the TV's sound is VERY STRONG, especially if plan on using this as a bedroom set TV like I am.

But the best thing about this TV it's essentially future proof, well for the foreseeable future at least. Its has EVERYTHING you could want, and more that you can buy to accessorize it to be even more capable. I purchased the Samsung Smart Keyboard Remote, (THE NEWEST EDITION), as an example that only makes the UN46ES7100F a breeze to control.

BUT I haven't told you why I"m really impressed by this TV. I bought it from Buy Squad who sold it to me for under $900 BRAND NEW due to a Vizio TV I had order from them that wasn't in stock that I had paid them $894 for, even though they thought it was. So I was waiting weeks for a Vizio TV on backorder, and the sales representative at Buy Squad insisted that I take this TV since it had everything (AND WAY MORE) that I wanted in the inferior Vizio model I had ordered, but was a vastly SUPERIOR TV. It was their last in stock model of this U46ES7100F and it was just setting brand new in their warehouse, and they wanted to make my otherwise bad shopping experience a successful one. This TV completely made everything alright. Blew my mind, and was was better than Vizio M3D470KD I had I originally tried to order. The 3D is also better than Vizio as well. Tested Avatar 3D.......WOW! Amazing set, especially if you can really find a deal, since the resale value of these TVs are always great too.

Zeitgeist: The Addendum
Zeitgeist: The Addendum
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars You will be changed watching this film., January 19, 2013
Most captivating 2 hours of my life! I actually shed tears watching this documentary! I have begun to change my life in accordance to how much I resonated with this film. Every American should be watching this film, because the majority of us are better of than the majority of everyone else on the planet. So unfair. Only discrepancy I have is the fact that in order to view this wonderful documentary you have to PAY somewhere(whether Netflix service, Amazon, their own website)in order to see it. But that completely goes against how their viewpoint of life on Earth should be. So no wonder, the word in this stuff hasn't been spread the way it should have. That ever-present monetary factor still exist even with their own work too. BUT it is totally worth every penny, especially if this movement gains momentum! Which I myself will try hard to create!

Mortal Kombat - Playstation 3
Mortal Kombat - Playstation 3
Offered by BEST TREASURE
Price: $17.08
125 used & new from $5.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Some minor, but noticeable graphical hiccups., April 12, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This isn't the best looking fighting game, despite popular belief. The game has inconsistencies in it's visual presentation. But seeing as that's the norm as most fighting games are not that visually stunning. I really do love MORTAL KOMBAT games. They are just.....RIGHT! Other fighting games are just either too fantasy, or too reminiscence of Japanese fighting games and anime. Mortal Kombat tends to always do things right.......now FIGHT!!

PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle
PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle
18 used & new from $149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Hesitate! BUY YOURS NOW!, April 12, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I decided to wait about a month until I finally did a review on my new PS3. I jumped on the bandwagon a little late in the game, but that's only because I was very unacknowledged about how much a VERSATILE machine the PS3 actually is. I had a Xbox 360 since 2008, and recently traded it in because I was quite frankly sick of video games, especially the select few good ones on the 360. I have a 3D HD TV as well, and I needed a 3D Blu-ray player to watch 3D movies. The Xbox 360 doesn't have a Blu-ray player built in, let alone play 3D Blu-ray. Also the Xbox 360 had very few titles that were 3D-capable so I had to move on. With no video game console at home, I entertained myself for a few months solely on cinema with my 3D Blu-ray player.

UNTIL......I started craving to play video games again. I realized Grand Theft Auto 5 was still to come, as well as a new Tomb Raider that looked promising. Also I did some research on the Uncharted series exclusive to the PS3 and wondered......

Then I finally looked into the CAPABILITIES of the PS3 and nearly slapped myself! This system does virtually everything; at least that I needed and MORE. It's a complete machine enabling one to watch 3D Blu-ray games and movies, regular Blu-ray games and movies, all DVDs, all CDs, read and copy USB DRIVES, has a web browser, FREE online game play and experience, excellent exclusive titles......I mean it goes on and on. The Xbox 360 is no where near as complete, and I was totally oblivious to this all these years. Their exclusive titles are the best of this generation and arguably of all time. And all of the PS3 versions of games I played on my 360 are way better, and better looking on the PS3. The Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle is worth every penny as well. Uncharted 3 itself still sells for a higher than you-want-to pay price, new or used. So this game in this bundle is really a gift, instead of a usual throw away game like my Xbox 360 bundle from 2008.:(

I immediately sold my 3D Blu-ray player, and now all I have is my PS3. I don't need another device in my room. THE PS3 IS EFFICIENT, enough said!

Just don't HESITATE and BUY YOURS NOW!

Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider II
Offered by Ship and Save
Price: $27.94
112 used & new from $1.66

1.0 out of 5 stars Magic......GONE!, March 21, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tomb Raider II (Video Game)
I was only 5 years old my first time playing this game back in Christmas of 1997. I was never able to get past the first couple levels then. But I always loved this game. It was magic back then. The graphics were also great THEN. Second time around, I was 12 and it was 2004. I was able to finally finish the entire game and find all the secrets to. Now in 2012, I had the urge to replay this game again. To get those feeling of being so young. I'm 19, and the magic is completely gone, and for ONE REASON.

BE WARNED...... if you have a full HD TV and have a PS3, and bought a physical copy of this game......the playback visuals of this game will be absolutely HORRIBLE! It completely hinders your ability to even play through the game because EVERYTHING is so pixelated if you will. Like I NEVER remembered this game looking so bad before, but I have to assume it had always looked this way but I was in a different era of technology then. HD TVs are completely unforgiving to these types of games. I'm not sure if the the digital copy available on the PSN is any better, but the actual physical copy is not meant for a HD display even in it respective aspect ratio. Maybe just playing this game on standard definition TV might help, but I haven't tried that either. I will just have to remember the game like when I was young as the best PS1 game I ever played and then later the only one I ever beat. To the future gamers!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2013 10:58 AM PDT

God of War: Collection - Playstation 3
God of War: Collection - Playstation 3
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $14.52
244 used & new from $3.58

3.0 out of 5 stars The cut-scenes are not remastered...SERIOUSLY!, March 21, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I don't know if it's just my copy of the games, but the game cut-scenes are certainly not in HD. This may not seem like a big deal reading this, but everytime it cuts to a scene and I see the reduction in video quality from the actual game, it's quite astonishing! There is a lot of cut-scenes, so it really is unacceptable. They essentially only remastered the actual gameplay of the games leaving everything else alone. Not cool. As I was told growing up, don't do anything half-ass. And that certainly was this release is, half-assed.

Overall: The games are still fun, but this release is not completely remastered. The cut-scenes are not even touched, and that was part of why people even enjoyed God of War. The story was engaging, but is now effected in this release due the cut-scenes not being on par with the remastering.

iSkin EVO4 Duo for Ipod Classic 160GB Crimson / Red
iSkin EVO4 Duo for Ipod Classic 160GB Crimson / Red

3.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT IPOD CASE...If that's all you really wanted., March 8, 2012
I just purchase this case for my new iPod Classic 7th Gen, expecting it look just as lovely as the picture shown. That was not to be. I ONLY bought this case for the price shown because of that lovely color which I thought was a nice shade of red. It really caught my eye, and as it's been noted before these iSkin cases for any Apple product are pretty top notch. Immediately upon opening the shipment I noticed the DRAMATIC color difference from what I saw on my online to what I was actually getting.

The color is NOWHERE NEAR the color red. So BE WARNED if that's what's going to sell you on buying this product. It's more of a burgundy, or simply purple in some light. It's also not very masculine due to the surprise color. But I have no problem with that. I will keep the case only for a backup. I will be purchasing another color, which I have read are true to color except this experimental case.

Overall: Very nice case, provides great protection and style (if this is your color) in every way to the other wise dull designed iPod classic. If you just wanted a case for you iPod classic, and didn't want to buy the cheapest thing you could find. This will be above satisfactory.