Profile for zaida > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

zaida RSS Feed

Kinnikinnick Chocolate Chip Cookies 8 oz. (Pack of 6)
Kinnikinnick Chocolate Chip Cookies 8 oz. (Pack of 6)
Offered by Save Plus
Price: $36.91
7 used & new from $26.99

3.0 out of 5 stars taste amazing but this offer is the worst, March 12, 2013
Having to buy six boxes at one time and being charged the same amount it would cost to buy one box is a ridiculous offer. My daughter loves the cookies. They are great cookies. Surprised the cookies aren't free of soy, soy being one of the biggest allergens.

Pirate's Booty, Aged White Cheddar, 1-Ounce Bags (Pack of 24)
Pirate's Booty, Aged White Cheddar, 1-Ounce Bags (Pack of 24)
Price: $23.15
17 used & new from $19.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Aged cheddar gives me sinus infection, April 23, 2012
Tastes great, addictive but I always get a sore throat and I am coughing up a lot of mucus within 24 hours of eating it. The aged cheddar flavr
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2013 8:40 AM PDT

Lift-the-Flap Word Book
Lift-the-Flap Word Book
by Felicity Brooks
20 used & new from $2.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever!, April 17, 2012
My two year old daughter loved this book so much. She had me read it so many times a day to her until she had the 70 word book memorized in two weeks. Great book. The flaps of the pictures held her attention. I wish they published more editions.

[...]

Best Baby Products, 10th Edition (Consumer Reports Best Baby Products)
Best Baby Products, 10th Edition (Consumer Reports Best Baby Products)
by Sandra J. Gordon
28 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Book needs to cover diaper changing, April 17, 2012
The book offers a lot of insight and has helped me in many areas. However, day to day dilemmas arise that only bloggers offer solutions for.

[...]

Melissa & Doug Beginner Pattern Blocks
Melissa & Doug Beginner Pattern Blocks
Price: $16.79
66 used & new from $10.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Toxic Smelling Toy, December 30, 2011
As soon as I took off the plastic wrap I inhaled the strongest smell of VOC's. I knew this product was made in China before I even looked at the back of the box. This company should be ashamed of themselves. On one hand they promote toys that enhance learning but at the cost of the health of a child that could impair long-term learning. Babies and toddlers have soft scalps and are more affected by toxins then adults. I called customer service thinking that this may be an isolated incident. However, the rep nonchalantly told me to air out the toys for a few days first. I told her that isn't acceptable. My child will touch this toy and my infant has put the toy in her mouth. Melissa and Doug doesn't care about our kids as much as they care about turning a profit.

Melissa & Doug Abby & Emma Deluxe Magnetic Dress-Up Set
Melissa & Doug Abby & Emma Deluxe Magnetic Dress-Up Set
Price: $17.28
60 used & new from $5.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Toxic Smelling Toy, December 30, 2011
I always buy Melissa and Doug products because of what my toddler and infant can learn from the toy they are playing with. I bought four toys from Melissa and Doug for Christmas. As soon as I opened the packaging of two of the toys, the strongest fumes crept out of the plastic wrap. The toy has been opened for 48 hours and I can still smell the strong fumes. In fact, I have a severe headache from the strong VOC's and formaldahyde. I wanted to cry when I saw my six month old daughter putting the pieces in her mouth. I can't believe how this company provides toys that will help sharpen a child's fine motor skills, learning, plus provide hours of entertainment and at the same time will compromise the immunity of a child with unsafe products. These products should be recalled. I tried to set up a review on their website but they have to approve it first. We know that review will never be posted. These toxic fumes can cause delayed learning in children and babies because their skull is so thin. Shame on you Melissa and Doug.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2013 11:02 AM PDT

Goldbug Animal 2 in 1 Harness, Frog
Goldbug Animal 2 in 1 Harness, Frog
Price: $11.85
18 used & new from $11.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Served purpose, July 14, 2011
Great product. It didn't look like a leash but it still held its purpose and restrained my energetic toddler. Only complaint is the alleged knapsack. Couldn't really fit anything it that compartment.