Profile for D. Couse > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 691

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Couse "darkman1969" RSS Feed (United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Watch Dogs - Xbox One
Watch Dogs - Xbox One
Price: $50.84
87 used & new from $35.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my kind of game., June 27, 2014
This review is from: Watch Dogs - Xbox One (Video Game)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I need to admit right off the bat, had I done my homework before getting this from Vine, I would not have gotten it. However, Vine is fast and furious, and with items getting gobbled up by the minute, I needed to pick an item and this one of the last games standing to get. So, here you go.

I have no problem with violence in video games. Profanity is OK up to point...until that internal trigger says, how many f-bombs do you need for a game...this isn't the Hurt Locker for crying out loud.

Also, not a fan of the nudity/sexuality in this game. No need for it. Blatant over-kill in my opinion. Several other games are worth a look before this one.

Koryo Card Game
Koryo Card Game
Price: $16.20
36 used & new from $12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and easy...once you get the hang of it., June 27, 2014
This review is from: Koryo Card Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very pleased with this game. At first, the instructions seem overwhelming, but if you watch a youtube video of the game and how it is played, it comes together pretty quick. After 3 games, my son and I think we have it figured out. This would be a much better game with 3 or 4 players rather than just 2 as a lot more thought would have to go into what happens and what to play. Not sure I'd pay full price for it when compared to the likes of Dominion, but hey, it is fun and the games are over within 10 to 15 minutes.

Cremo Astonishingly Superior Shave Cream, 6 Fluid Ounce
Cremo Astonishingly Superior Shave Cream, 6 Fluid Ounce
Price: $7.23
19 used & new from $7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Wicked slick., June 16, 2014
As a recent convert to the DE shaving systems, I'm trying all sorts of blades, balms, soaps, and creams. While I like my Shave Secret oil, I am quite impressed with this product. For those who don't like it because it doesn't "lather" read the directions. It tells you it won't and isn't a foam product. Doh! While it does say "light lather" I've used enough to know that means it won't be like a can of Barbasol or Edge Gel foam.

The scent is nice and when paired with my personna razor blades, my DE razor performed very, very nice.

I did have to keep re-wetting my face to keep the slick factor going...hence the 1 star dock for that.

Other than that, if you like this stuff, your local WallWorld carries it for $5.97 which is a very good deal considering I will try the next shave with less than the almond size amount they say to start with. $5.97 could last you a very long time.

Personna Double Edge Razor Blades, 100 Count
Personna Double Edge Razor Blades, 100 Count
Price: $13.74
18 used & new from $8.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp is a relative term..., June 12, 2014
So I've recently converted to the DE shaving system. I've gone from the "big boy" money wasters on blades (Schick, Gillette, etc) to electric shaver, the straight edge and now, finally, I think I've found the system that not only works...it is economical.

Are these blades sharp? Of course they are. But sharp is relative when it comes to razors. How sharp do you really, really need a razor? I still have to shave every day (excluding weekends) so about the only nice thing for me would be to get an amazing shave that would allow me to skip a day. Which I've yet to achieve.

My razor is the feather one, which shipped with 2 feather replacement blades. Those blades each lasted for 2 shaves. The first one was super smooth with no nicks, the second one left me with a few small cuts, the third was more cuts so I learned that 2 was the limit for the feather blades.

These blades also last for 2 shaves, but I end up with more nicks on the 2nd shave than the feather. Still tolerable mind you, but that is one of the reasons I think Feather blades are still sharper.

Don't get me wrong. My beard growth is laughable...I couldn't grow one if I tried. I can't even get a goatee to connect from upper lip to chin. So I'm a little surprised both blades only last 2 shaves.

I have learned to truly appreciate the "art" of shaving now. Kind of like the show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Those dudes were always appalled at the guys when they shaved..because we tackle it like mowing the lawn...fast and furious. A word of warning under the DE systems...you do that, and you will lose a lot of blood. What used to take 2 minutes to deftly swipe my face clear of stubble with a safety razor, now takes 5 to 7 minutes. I've learned to relax and almost get a Zen like feeling when the razor slowly "crunches" away my stubble. The increased time, now forces me to shave at night instead of the morning. I don't mind that all and since my beard doesn't grow back really fast, it will hold up throughout my day in time to get whisked away again at night.

The best thing about these blades is the price. If I can get 2 shaves per blade, with 100 blades I can go for 200 days. Throw in my vacation time and weekends and you know what? For $13, I have blades that will last me close to the entire year.

That's what I love the most about these blades.

Belkin FormFit Cover / Case for iPad Air (iPad 5) (Blacktop)
Belkin FormFit Cover / Case for iPad Air (iPad 5) (Blacktop)
Offered by Jr's Great Products
Price: $39.95
5 used & new from $14.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not not great, June 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like how it keeps the Air the way it was meant to be...sleek. You get good front and back protection. However, if you hold this in portrait mode, the front of the cover that flips to the back, becomes a hot mess and makes it very difficult to hold in one hand, in portrait mode like holding a book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 6:41 PM PDT

Kensington Black Belt 2nd Degree Rugged Case for iPad Air (K97079WW)
Kensington Black Belt 2nd Degree Rugged Case for iPad Air (K97079WW)
Price: $34.99
38 used & new from $34.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Totally defeats why you buy the Air., June 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There is no doubt that this case will protect your Air from all sorts of things. But at what cost? Too much bulk and weight in my opinion. Its kind of like walking around with in a full suit of body armour thinking something bad will happen to you...sure great if you get hit by a car, but 99.9% of the time, it just aint gonna happen. And when it does, I'd rather buy a 5 year warranty and get it replaced and still keep the sleekness of my Air just the way I like it.

Feather Double Edge Shaving Razor
Feather Double Edge Shaving Razor
Offered by Beauty Point
Price: $16.10
26 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd had enough..., June 5, 2014
of giving my hard earned cash over to the big boys of shaving. Even trying to buy in bulk for razors was like saving up for college or a new car. I had tried awhile back the straight edge route...which turned into a scene from Friday the 13th and probably should have gone to the ER to stop all the bleeding. So what's a fella to do, when you're done paying stupid prices for 5 blades, the old school straight edge razor took my beard down to my nerve endings?

This is the answer. Love this razor, love this shave. The blades are great, but I'm going to try all sorts of blades in the future for the perfect fit. I've noticed that I'm getting about 3 shaves per blade.

I will also let you in on a great product that works miracles with this system...and frankly, is my go to shave product. Secret Shave. Made with pure oils, this stuff smells fantastic, and makes all razors glide through your beard like Jason's machete through a ...stick of butter. Best of all, it's under $3 at your local WallyWorld and one small bottle lasts forever when all you need is 3 drops.

Great stuff.

Waggin' Train Smoky Jerky Treats, Made with Real Chicken and a Hint of Brown Sugar, 3 ounce
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Our non finicky Collie snubbed her nose at them., May 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Only a 3 star as our Collie pretty much had to be coaxed into eating this. Which is highly unusual. Perhaps it's the OVERWHELMING smoke odor that caught her off guard. Also, for only 5 pieces in a bag, not sure this is good treat solution.

iDevices iGrill Mini
iDevices iGrill Mini
Price: $39.00
13 used & new from $34.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A game changer in the world of grilling., May 29, 2014
My very first experience with this produced a perfect medium cook on a decent sized ribeye. The next night I cooked 2 more and and these could have passed as a Master Chef steak. Not because of me, but because of this thing. They had that 1/8" brown sear then a perfect pink stripe throughout. My only knock on the gadget is I had a flare up and the plastic(?) connector between the probe and wire has melted.

The app is nothing special. Just tell it what you want and watch the graph rise. Also, if you cook outside, the neat color changing ring is nearly impossible to see in the sunlight.

Get it. Get it now.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2014 3:30 PM PDT

Hill's Science Diet Perfect Weight Dry Cat Food, 15.5-Pounds
Hill's Science Diet Perfect Weight Dry Cat Food, 15.5-Pounds
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent cat food., May 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our 15+ year old cat has no problem eating this food and he devours it as soon as it is in front of him.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20