Profile for D. Couse > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 799

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Couse "darkman1969" RSS Feed (United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Jarrow Formulas Gaba Soothe, 30 VCaps
Jarrow Formulas Gaba Soothe, 30 VCaps
Price: $14.70
16 used & new from $10.81

3.0 out of 5 stars No noticeable change., March 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Haven't noticed any real change over a 2 week period of taking as recommended. My 5HTP seems to have more of an impact on me that this.

Panasonic NI-W810CS Multi-Directional Steam/Dry Iron with Ceramic Soleplate
Panasonic NI-W810CS Multi-Directional Steam/Dry Iron with Ceramic Soleplate
Price: $55.99
48 used & new from $51.40

5.0 out of 5 stars If Superhero's used an iron, this would be the one!, March 26, 2015
If Batman's or Superman's cape needed a crisp, wrinkle free iron, they wouldn't mess around with the flimsy irons, they would call in this beast and get the job done right...the first time. They would set the iron on its "Linen" setting and watch the steam pour through the fabric and smile as the heavy as Thor's hammer iron glided effortlessly across their capes.

Just sitting in my closet like a mild mannered Bruce Banner waiting to be used...The Hulk is unleashed as soon as you plug it in. It's as if the Human Torch lives inside the water reservoir as the iron pumps out massive clouds of steam each and every time. So much so, it will affect the humidity in your room! Not to mention the advanced fabric settings that remind me of the HUD display inside Iron Mans suit or at home in Stark's palace.

Wrinkles have met their match and disappear with a simple pass of the iron, much like Sue Storm goes invisible at the blink of an eye.

Even Spider Man's "spidey sense" would tingle as the beast actually dims the lights in the room by 60% as it sucks up the energy necessary to properly press your clothes.

You'll be done so fast with your clothes pile that need ironing, even the Flash would be impressed.

AcuRite 09150 AcuLink Internet Bridge: Monitor Temperature, Humidity and Weather Sensors from Anywhere on a Smart Phone, Tablet or Laptop
Price: $79.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Started out as AcuRite, now I'd call it AcuWrong: JUNK AVOID, March 19, 2015
The only reason one buys this device is to be able to track your "backyard" weather remotely. Whether it be via their app, or uploading data to wunderground and looking at all of the cool data at that website.

Initially, setup was a breeze. I followed the directions to a tee and it was up and reporting data to their web based software in no time. After registering my location with wunderground, I was able to have the station start reporting my data! Albeit, in 15 minute intervals and not "flash updates" like pricier stations from Davis that send updates every 2 seconds or set intervals that the user chooses. 15 minutes is just fine for my needs however.

After about day 3 of flawless performance, I check my station at work on wundergound and it said "not reporting". Odd I thought, so when I got home I checked out the bridge and noticed that the 2 blue lights were steady (not blinking) meaning only one of 2 things...it was either downloading another firmware update (it does this when you first register it) or it was rebooting...turns out it was rebooting. Went to bed a little frustrated, woke up and the unit had started reporting again.

Now tonight, the unit is again not reporting and is apparently stuck in a reboot cycle as I see 2 steady lights for a few minutes, then they blink again, then they go steady and then they blink.

So for now, I'm not sure if I should reboot the bridge which may or may not require me to re-register the device and may cause problems. Since it sends data to Acu-Rite servers, which are then pushed to wunderground servers, I don't know if the problems lie within the Acu-Rite servers being down or not. There is some chatter about Acu-Rite servers having issues, which is why they limit the data blast to every 15 minutes rather than seconds or minutes like other companies.

I'm actually more disappointed in this device now after writing the review and "seeing" my words come to life rather than just my head with the experience I am having.

Also be aware that you MUST have an open port on your router for this device to plug into. It is not wireless connection capable. So if you've got your smart TV, blu-ray, Xbox, network drive, or others hardwired in, just know you're going to have to make some concessions.

I may give it a few more days to see if it either gets better, or if the servers are the problem. I've not had any internet issues so I'm a little snarky with Acu-Rite right now.

UPDATE: 3/20/15

The device continues to fail to connect and update data. The lights stay solid...then flash...then solid...then flash. For whatever reason, this device worked great for 3 days and then has crashed and burned. I've reset the modem, the router and this device to no avail. I'm convinced it is the device or their servers that are causing the problems as none of my other internet connected devices (whether it be cabled to the router or wireless) are having any issues except this device.

You'll see the WU site indicating that "this PWS is not reporting"...it should actually read "this POS is not reporting"
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2015 5:58 PM PDT

Vega One All-In-One Meal Bars-Chocolate Cherry Almond Box SeQuel 12 (2.26oz) Box
Offered by Total Health Vitamins
Price: $37.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I had hoped., March 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Was hoping for a home run with these, but overall, I'd say we only have a double. Yes it's nice that they keep in plant based, give you a decent amount of protein...but after awhile...say about 2/3rds of the bar, I just had to put it down. It felt like my mouth was coated with some weird ingredient.

NO/NO RSB00344 Ladybug Mesh Wild Bird Feeder
NO/NO RSB00344 Ladybug Mesh Wild Bird Feeder
Price: $10.81
18 used & new from $6.60

4.0 out of 5 stars For the large birds only., March 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a fun bird feeder to have your garden or anywhere you'd like to attract the birds. Not all seeds work in this however, you are limited to the larger mixes (the tag even recommends peanuts!).

I prefer our existing feeder that brings in the smaller birds with thistle.

Nature Valley Salted Caramel Peanut Crisp Bars Box, 5.34 Ounce 6 bars
Nature Valley Salted Caramel Peanut Crisp Bars Box, 5.34 Ounce 6 bars
Price: $7.97
9 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the salty and sweet cravings., March 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Love the taste of this bar. I'm a huge fan of salty and a sweet and this fits the bill just fine. The only downside is that this bar is very small and probably about half the size (overall) as original Nature Valley bars.

The Honest Kitchen Revel Chicken and Whole Grain Dog Food, 2-Pound
The Honest Kitchen Revel Chicken and Whole Grain Dog Food, 2-Pound
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $15.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Made my dog very, very, very thirsty., March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was very interested in trying this product for my 13 1/2 year old Collie. Her appetite has dwindled over the last year and although the inevitable is soon to come calling, I thought this would be a fantastic treat to introduce her to...in stages of course.

Our initial batch consisted of mixing it up and putting in with her existing food. Although she didn't tear into it like other have reported, it definitely piqued her interest more than just her plain food. She didn't finish the bowl in one sitting, but made more progress that without.

Soon after though, she was voraciously drinking water. Like, LOTS AND LOTS of water this kept going through the night (yes, we were up at 3:00 am and she was still wanting more water). So I'm not sure exactly what was going on there, I don't think we will continue to use this product.

I will also say that at $16 and the recommended dosage for my dog, there would be no way we could afford this food.

Adonit Jot Mini Fine Point Stylus for Apple, Android, Kindle, Samsung, and Windows Phones - Silver
Price: $19.98
4 used & new from $19.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard for me to handle due to its small size, March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really wanted to like this stylus more than I do. I'm more accustomed to the fabric/rubber tip ones, so when I received this I was anxious to try it out. While the tip is very sensitive and didn't have any recognition problems from my iPad, I didn't like the way it "hits" the screen and makes a noise. Again, I'm used to the fabric tips so initial pressure to the glass wasn't a worry. While I'm sure there is no way to crack the glass with this tip, it just came as a shock.

This stylus is also very small and short, probably not much longer than a cigarette. I don't think I have huge hands, but this was uncomfortable in my hands while writing. The cap screws off the top and then screws onto the back so you don't misplace it, which was nice.

I do like the cool replacement for the traditional "clip" style to keep it in your shirt. This is wider allowing me to slide it on a cover and for once, actually have a stylus with my iPad's cover rather than hunt it down throughout a junk drawer.

Overall 3 stars.

Ortho Weed B Gon MAX Weed Killer for Lawns Plus Crabgrass Control Ready-To-Use Trigger Spray, 1-Gallon
Price: $12.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff...get the one with the automatic spray wand instead., March 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using this brand of weed killer for several years now and it hasn't let me down. It can get to the surrounding grass if you go overboard on spraying the weeds...but trust me, that takes a lot of juice to do. The crabgrass control is also a great bonus for this product. I've only dinged it one star for the delivery method. After using this with the automatic spray rather than the manual pump spray, I like the automatic better. Especially if you have a lot of weeds to hit.

Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo with Organic Calendula, 7.8 Ounce
Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo with Organic Calendula, 7.8 Ounce
Price: $5.99
3 used & new from $5.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for babies!, March 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Not just for babies! This is a great wash/shampoo for anyone of any age. It is very mild on my skin and the dry skin that plagues my family. We live in Colorado where humidity is basically zero. I would agree that this is on par with Dove for the moisturizing ability of this wash. The organic claim is just another bonus to make you want to use the product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20