Profile for Tiberius > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tiberius RSS Feed (Atlanta GA)

Page: 1 | 2
Polaroid Bottle-Top Pod For Digital Cameras - Great Holiday Gift
Polaroid Bottle-Top Pod For Digital Cameras - Great Holiday Gift
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $6.99
5 used & new from $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars arrived broken, September 19, 2013
clear piece separated from the gray piece, revealing the ball joint.
I may use a wad of silicone on it so I have at least a fixed position... :-/

Genius LuxeMate i200 Compact Stylish Keyboard
Genius LuxeMate i200 Compact Stylish Keyboard
Price: $13.02
56 used & new from $8.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as Represented, December 4, 2011
From the Amazon front page, I searched "wireless mini keyboard." This is the 6th result. None of it's photos show a wire. No where does the product information mention "wired."

Way down in the product description, it does say, "A USB interface means a plug-and-play experience that's ready to go right away"... , but I was in a hurry and didn't catch that among the flowery description.

Also, the cord is 48" and will not reach from the back of my desktop to my reclined hair, so it wouldn't work for me even if I wanted a wired model.

I really believe the seller should update the photos to show a cord, and list under the "technical details", which appear higher on the page, "wired, 48" cord."
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2012 5:58 PM PDT

Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones (Black)
Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones (Black)
Price: $23.22
76 used & new from $17.31

1.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser 201 v 202., November 9, 2011
Sennheiser 201 v 202. tested on my PC with using mediamonkey

***Get the 201***

I already had the 201's, but my g/f keeps stealing them, so I thought I would try the 202s, more of a good thing right?!

Cup size:
201: the opening for the ear is a 1/3 larger than the 202s. fit nicely around the ear.
202: are almost on-the-ear style, although they are still comfortable. (no I don't have floppy dumbo ears :p )

Volume:
201: 50% is 202s. in others words, you have to double the volume on the 201s, to get about the same sound output as you just had with the 202s.
202: 200% of 201. they are very sensitive.

Sound Quality: I am a layman so bear with me.
201: balanced, natural sounding. Good imaging. You can close your eyes and almost see the band, picking out subtle sounds.
202: strong bass & highs. At a volume where you can hear the vocals & mids clearly, the bass & highs become painful pretty quickly. It has to be loud for clarity.

Other thoughts:
Many people complain of the 202s being uncomfortable. My belief is they are actually experiencing fatigue from the sound pressure of the bass which is required to hear the vocals and mids clearly.

These two headphones are dirt cheap, yet one is clearly (201) better sounding than the other. I wonder which moderately priced (@$40-70)set might have far better imaging, balance, allow you to hear subtle sounds while still having full, rich bass, etc..? A few in that price range are: Sony MDR-V6, Audio-Technica ATH-M30, JVC HA-RX900? I would love your comments. I am older so a quality set where I don't need to turn it up as loud would be wise.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2013 7:08 PM PDT

Panasonic RPHJE120K In-Ear Headphone, Black
Panasonic RPHJE120K In-Ear Headphone, Black
Price: $7.42
117 used & new from $0.34

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Brassy & quieter than old ipod set, September 30, 2011
I liked the design. Fits my ear well.

My old ipod set is getting frayed, so I bought these as a replacement. I tried them for a few minutes before realizing something was really wrong.

I swapped them out a couple of times against my old ipod set. No bass. I wouldn't even say they have mid-range. Very brassy. They were also quieter than the old set, but that wouldn't have been a problem since I volume control.

I immediately threw them in the trash. No hard feelings, they were inexpensive, but they are not even half as good as the OEM set.

Maxell Watch Battery Button Cell SR626SW SR-626SW 377 Pack of 5 Batteries
Maxell Watch Battery Button Cell SR626SW SR-626SW 377 Pack of 5 Batteries
Offered by National Deals
Price: $2.91
23 used & new from $0.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as Described, September 7, 2011
I received LR626 batteries instead of SR626sw batteries. According to wikipedia they are weaker and don't have constant discharge characteristics. I pasted part of the text below. :-(

"The only difference is that silver oxide chemistry typically has 50% greater capacity than alkaline chemistry and usually a flat discharge characteristic (constant voltage), while the voltage of an alkaline battery decreases with use; and alkaline batteries are cheaper than silver. The capacity of a silver battery may be twice that of an alkaline. For devices which require a steady voltage such as photographic light meters and those which fail to operate below a certain voltage--some digital callipers do not work below 1.38V-- a silver cell with flat discharge characteristic is indicated. Inexpensive devices are sometimes supplied fitted with alkaline batteries, though they would benefit from silver..."

edit: my watch has stopped the next day. Dead alkaline batteries...

The Kingfish Way
The Kingfish Way
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I needed, August 26, 2011
This review is from: The Kingfish Way (Kindle Edition)
As a late-middle aged person, it's easy to feel jaded. It's not always easy to see the magic in life.
For me, this ebook was right on time.

I am transitioning from a career in construction design to health care. There are many hurdles, and persistence is key. This book gave me the encouragement and perspective I needed at important time. I recommend for anyone who would benefit from down to earth, easy to read, inspirational story.

Thanks to the Kingfish

BOSS Audio R1002 Riot 200-watts Full Range Class A/B 2 Channel 2-8 Ohm Stable Amplifier
Price: $28.19
36 used & new from $23.18

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect..., August 26, 2011
I coupled this with clarion srg6921r 6x9's [$50]and a clarion cz200 head from newegg. [$79 w/ a usb-in]
Thumps Great! too much. I can't tolerate more than @ 50% volume. I'm getting old. haha. Just turn down the line in level a bit to eliminate any static, and that actually helped balance it w/ my front 6.5's that are not amplified.

For $180 I'm bumping, have a removable drive, and don't have scratched CD's everywhere. perfect

Genuine Bronze Thors Hammer Pendant Necklace Odin Norse Viking Mjollnir
Genuine Bronze Thors Hammer Pendant Necklace Odin Norse Viking Mjollnir
Offered by sawthatrock
Price: $26.99

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth [...] bucks, January 13, 2011
Mine is not as slick as the photos.
It is pitted metal, and soldered together at the eyelet-stem and stem-hammerhead. It was not lathed out of a solid piece of metal as I had hoped. It is not real bronze, just copper colored pot metal, probably from China.

As I've researched Asatru I see the symbol should have more of a spade shape to it. This one is more like and inverted crown. I guess it would have been cooler than having one stamped out of thin metal if it had had the correct shape, and if it had cost much less.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2011 10:52 AM PDT

Thermos 16-Ounce Stainless-Steel Backpack Bottle, Silver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by KS Rescue
Price: $30.39
9 used & new from $30.39

1.0 out of 5 stars I would have loved it..., January 13, 2011
..but some corporate execs decided it needed a couple of chincy plastic stickers on it, and to save money, they used flooring adhesive to attach them!

I've tried running hot water on it too soften it up, but all the glue does is smear.
So now, there's an even larger area of glue on it than when I began, and the area outside of that is scuffed!
If I had known this quality product had been splattered with cheap glue, I would have just left the stupid "Thermax" sticker on it.
Most products don't even use glue for their stickers now. They use electrostatic labels that peel right off.

Thermos: If you've gone to the trouble to make something nice, why mess it up with CHEAP stickers?
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2012 9:19 AM PST

Weigh Blade-V2-100 Digital Pocket Gram Scale 100 x 0.01g
Weigh Blade-V2-100 Digital Pocket Gram Scale 100 x 0.01g
Offered by Scales n Tools
Price: $18.98

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent for the price, November 2, 2009
Nice item.
Be sure and remove both of the plastic covers over the stainless weighing table.
I removed one and tried to recalibrate before I realized what I was doing.
Seller as very helpful.
Precision seems to be +/- .01 to .05, which is fine for what I'm doing.
Good deal.