Profile for Jillian Davis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jillian Davis "Cycle Goddess" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Monopoly Crazy Cash
Monopoly Crazy Cash
Offered by make your mark
Price: $13.78
62 used & new from $9.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game - my 2 kids love it!, September 9, 2011
This review is from: Monopoly Crazy Cash (Toy)
We got this for my 6 year old's birthday and it's been a hit with him and his 9 year old sister.
They pull it out at least once a week to play. Id highly recommend it.

Savvy Chic: The Art of More for Less
Savvy Chic: The Art of More for Less
by Anna Johnson
Price: $14.01
104 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Playful, adventurous, lovely book on styling a life and a wardrobe on a budget, December 8, 2010
Simply one of the best styling and chic maven books on having a sense of adventurous, fun and playfulness with styling and being chick (on a budget).

Anna approaches her subject with so much curiosity and from such creativity direction as to give us new things to think about and enjoy with respect to CHIC. For example, one of her chapter titles is 'Queen of the Fleas: How to Buy Beautiful Old Things" -- see what I mean, imaginative thinking, great writing, crisp advice.

I recommend the book highly. It's the next best thing since Amanda Brooks' I LOVE Your Style.

Jillian Davis
[...]

The Gourmet Potluck: Show-Stopping Recipes for the Buffet Table
The Gourmet Potluck: Show-Stopping Recipes for the Buffet Table
by Beth Hensperger
107 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolutely Wonderful , Seasonal Buffet-Recipes Cookbook, May 22, 2008
I bought this cookbook on a whim while at the checkout isle at a department store as I knew I would have upcoming events to cook for.

I made 'Cold Baked Chicken Breasts with Jalapeno Plum Sauce for myself and several others. Rave, rave reviews. It didn't hurt that I happened to score 2 1/2 pounds of fresh plums, in season, which brings me to the next best thing about this book -- it is organized seasonally, so one can take advantage of flavor, convenience, and economy when searching for the right dish.

An overlooked gem.