Profile for Michael D. Mangus > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael D. Mangus RSS Feed (Dallas, TX USA)

HD Pro Component Cable for Wii (Bulk Packaging)
HD Pro Component Cable for Wii (Bulk Packaging)
Offered by Pay4Best
Price: $0.01
28 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad / poor component cable for Wii, February 27, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I recommend you save yourself the trouble and get a different cable. I paid very little so I'm ok with the loss, but from reading others claiming the same issues with yellow hue or other colors. For me when I walk in the room watching my kids play the game I see this constant pink overlay and I stop to look at it going man that game is pretty poor until I look at it more and than start wiggling the cable around until the picture comes back to life with all normal colors in the game.

I'm constantly having to wiggle the cable or unplug / replug the cables.

At first I thought maybe my component on the tv is going out so i switched it to other tv and my main A/V receiver. Same issue. This cable blows.

Save yourself the headache and just get a good cable from Nyko, Belkin, or read the reviews closely if another generic off brand. Again don't bother with this one for you will find yourself getting another cable.

I haven't had any problems with the Nyko component Wii cable. Good luck.

Onkyo TX-NR709 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying my new Onkyo TX-NR709, February 25, 2012
My current Onkyo TX-SR705 has been an amazing 7.1 A/V receiver for my Home Theater setup with Polk speakers. After upgrading to a new Samsung 51" Plasma 3D TV and 3D blu-ray player. I decided to see what upgrades were going on in the Onkyo line up.

Amazon had the Onkyo TX-NR709 for $535 and comparing the differences of my old receiver I felt it was time to upgrade. I almost decided to wait on this model from other reviewers having had HDMI failures, but so far I have had no issues with the receiver. If anything changes I will come back and update review, but so far it is performing great. I am glad it has the new HDMI support for 3D pass through. The Audyssey MultEQ XT setup was easy like the SR705 I owned and my 7.1 system sounds great in all the seating positions!

I am thrilled with this new enhancement for overlaid graphical on screen display. The SR705 when needing to go into setup would just go to a black screen with options, but this new overlaid graphical display on the tv is quick and easy to navigate and easy on the eyes. Even when changing the sound volume it will overlay on the television to show the progress bar of sound level. Very cool. You still have the ability to do setup changes through the receiver directly so no matter what you have a way to configure the device settings.

Networking. I had no problems with it connecting to the router through my wired network. The receiver had a new firmware waiting and it updated with no problems, though that process did take a little time. My old receiver you had to get firmware updates by contacting onkyo and they would send you a CD to update the receiver, so I'm happy with this receiver's ability to update itself to latest firmware without any hassles.

I use the Logitech Harmony 510 Remote to automatically turn on devices for the activity we want par take in. TV, BluRay movie, game, etc... BUT... I downloaded the Onkyo Remote 2 iPhone app (free) and it is very cool. I can control input sources, put receiver into zone 2, NET, etc. When choosing NET, it gives you access to all the internet applications like Pandora Internet Radio, SiriusXM, or an DLNA streaming from your Media server, PS3, PC or Mac (I use Yazsoft Playback). I can control the iPhone songs, artists, playlists and sound level through phone as well, which I'm sure my wife will like when she is in the master bathroom putting make up on. So if you have the Receiver connected to the network you can control even by phone. Or you can play tricks on her with your phone by pausing the music.. Wait for it... Eventually she will go "HEY"! lol

Also, my previous SR705 A/V receiver ran extremely hot that touching the top would be to hot to leave your hands on it. This model has stayed cool to mild warm so very happy with that as well.

I am extremely happy and glad I upgraded.

Polk Audio Monitor Series CS1 Center Channel Speaker (Single, Cherry)
Polk Audio Monitor Series CS1 Center Channel Speaker (Single, Cherry)

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely satisfied with the CS1 for many months now, July 15, 2008
I purchased these last December, 2007 from Amazon and after all these months I have been completely satisfied with the Polk Audio brand. The center channel has made my 7.1 in-ceiling speaker setup a complete joy to listen too. I am using these speakers with my Onkyo TX-SR705 7.1 receiver and it just all sounds great for playing movies, music cds, and console games.

This was my setup for the home theater and my wife and I are completely happy with the sound, look, and would purchase Polk Audio again.

Sub: PSW505

Polk Audio RC60i 2-Way In-Ceiling  Speakers (Pair, White)
Polk Audio RC60i 2-Way In-Ceiling Speakers (Pair, White)
Price: $119.95
10 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely happy with the RC80i and RC60i speakers, July 15, 2008
I purchased these last December, 2007 from Amazon and after all these months I have been completely satisfied with the Polk Audio brand. I will agree with the others that the included templates make a tight fit. It is not to much more work to slowly chisel away to get that perfect fit though. I never did anything like this before and I'm completely amazed of the outcome. You can't go wrong with the template, just make sure you go in the attic and clear out any insulation that might fall on you.

Sub: PSW505

Polk Audio RC80i 2-Way In-Ceiling Speakers (Pair, White)
Polk Audio RC80i 2-Way In-Ceiling Speakers (Pair, White)
Price: $139.99

Price: $29.99
47 used & new from $25.95

4.0 out of 5 stars World of Warcraft, February 21, 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've been playing the game for almost 2 months now and the game is amazingly addicting. Make sure your willing to lose sleep, but it is extremely an exciting game. The visualization of the game is stunning and Blizzard again has hit a home run with this title. You can use your credit to pre-order through the game itself monthly, 3 months, etc. Blizzard will give a discount on depending how much you pay up front. Amazon has a very competitive price for the 2-month game card, which makes it the best option. Make sure if your doing the Super Saver free shipping that you order 2 weeks or so in advance. I find that Amazon will have like a delay of one week before it even ships out. The price is worth if you do it in advance.

The reason for 4 stars is that Blizzard needs to work on some of the Realm's performance issues. Some realms are more effected than others. I'm now playing on one that has no issues at all. The best way to find out how much lag a game my be like is to venture to Ironforge or Stormwind during peak times and compare to other servers what the overall lag is like. Ironforge is a huge city period so no lag will be hard to find, but you will see a difference through different realms.