Profile for Phillip Guyton > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Phillip Guyton RSS Feed (Florence, SC United States)

SimCity: Limited Edition
SimCity: Limited Edition
Price: $20.03
91 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Fun Game, despite the online only requirements - if you can get it for less than full retail go for it!, March 6, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SimCity: Limited Edition (DVD-ROM)
For what it's worth i'm enjoying the game, it's alot of fun and I've only had 1 disconnect in over 8 hours of playing. I agree that they certainly could have made a single player mode with no achievements or other players in the region - I'm running all the cities in my region except for one guy who wandered in, but I do think the mutli region interaction is way better than what it was in Sim City 4. I got it at a discount for about $40 from a amazon promo and I think it's well worth it at that price ; maybe not the full $60.

Brooklyn Light Roast Bean Roastery Decaffeinated Coffee, Breakfast Blend, Single Serve Cup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, 36-Count
Offered by thebargainbox

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE! they never work right!, April 26, 2012
these are horrible! there are always grounds in the bottom, it doesn't fill the cup, horrible packaging and inconsistent performance! DO NOT BUY!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2012 2:02 PM PDT

Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It: Learn Step by Step How to Go from Empty Studio to Finished Image (Voices That Matter)
Price: $22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book! love the step by step + looks amazing on the Kindle, September 5, 2011
When I noticed that i could buy the full kindle version now, before it's hit stores i jumped right on this, i've been reading Kelby's Blog + watching "The Grid" video podcast that he does and been looking forward to this book, i couldn't make it to the tour he just did so the book is a nice substitute.

I've always enjoyed his writing style, and he answers alot of questions I've had as a semi-pro newbie is a way that i can understand; and i must say that on my PC Monitor it's formatted perfectly, i can scroll from shot to shoot and see how it evolves step by step; i think i may prefer this over having a hardcopy.

I'd strongly recommend this to someone like me trying to figure out the best way to use your lights to create stunning images; also the procedure to really make them "pop" in your photoshop post production.

I like the detail about each shoot so you can really see what is going on; and the contact sheets were a great idea.

EDIT: the kindle version is slightly annoying b/c of the size of the images, you can't really zoom in and see them in great detail , as the other reviewer pointed out this is a bit disappointing.. particularly since the kindle edition is more expensive than the book, the content it still excellent but i did find i wanted to zoom in close than I could.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2012 12:00 PM PDT

Home-Ec 101: Skills for Everyday Living - Cook it, Clean it, Fix it, Wash it
Home-Ec 101: Skills for Everyday Living - Cook it, Clean it, Fix it, Wash it
by Heather Solos
Price: $17.23
55 used & new from $3.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blog Glad the book is out, April 5, 2011
I've been a big fan of the Blog, it's my goto place for my silly bachelor questions that most people would know already. Glad it's in book form now for easy reference!

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - PC
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - PC
Offered by Green Shopping
Price: $29.99
148 used & new from $12.97

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best game i've played in ages, July 29, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is perfect, if you don't like it you don't like the genre; it's the ultimate RTS. It's very polished, the single player is alot of fun and the matchmaking system in bnet is great i'm always playing good games at nearly the same skill level. It's a full game despite nay sayers; it has more missions than Star Craft did.

I love how in the single player game you have choices that affect the game play, i can see myself playing though it many many times.

Captured by the Light: The Essential Guide to Creating Extraordinary Wedding Photography
by David Ziser
Price: $38.15
56 used & new from $29.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! someone gives details!, February 28, 2010
I love this book! This is the first time i've seen someone explain to me in plain, understandable language tips that really help my photography, I can already see the difference in my shots, i've read tons of books and sort of had the right ideas and mindsets but this says it in exactally the right way that it just clicks for me, this title was well worth it for me and I highly recommend it, wedding photographer or no, it gives good posing advice, explains basic lighting patterns, and several other insightful tips from someone with alot of experience.

Hoyle Casino 2003 - PC/Mac
Hoyle Casino 2003 - PC/Mac
Offered by Bargain Buyers Software
Price: $22.98
25 used & new from $2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, but some of the finer points of poker are wrong, October 13, 2003
This is a great game to learn the basics of most of the games, but I have found that some of the rules don't play right in a texas hold'em game. It doesn't count flushes correctly, it breaks a tie with a kicker, when it should split the pot.