Profile for Roy B. Brown > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Roy B. Brown "pop top" RSS Feed (Charlotte NC)

Page: 1 | 2
Otterbox [Commuter Series] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case - Retail Packaging Protective Case for Galaxy S5  - Glacier (White/Gunmetal Grey)
Otterbox [Commuter Series] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case - Retail Packaging Protective Case for Galaxy S5 - Glacier (White/Gunmetal Grey)
Price: $27.22
14 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case. It's a matter of when, June 29, 2014
Great case. It's a matter of when, not if, I will drop it... I'm confident the Otterbox will protect it. (NO, I haven't drop tested it yet).

Samsung Mini Wireless Charging Pad - Retail Packaging - Black
Samsung Mini Wireless Charging Pad - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $41.75
16 used & new from $23.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Work With a Protective Case on the Phone, June 29, 2014
Be Aware! This Charging Pad (actually I assume any charging pad...) will not work with a protective case on the phone. Too much of a hassle to take the case off each time in order to charge. Oh well, it was a nice thought.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly, June 22, 2014
Had one for 10 years and gave it away. This replacement is perfect. You can't travel the airlines without one.

AmazonBasics USB 3.0 A Male to Micro B Cable - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters)
AmazonBasics USB 3.0 A Male to Micro B Cable - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters)
Price: $5.49

3.0 out of 5 stars dead after a month, June 22, 2014
Hey, it happens. After a month one of the cables stopped working. Tried again and again in different connections. Dead. Didn't try to return; not worth the hassle. The second cable continues to work fine. So a middle of the road, 3 star, rating is what the package of two gets.

Carson Optical MagniLamp LED Lighted 2-in-1 Magnifier (GN-55)
Carson Optical MagniLamp LED Lighted 2-in-1 Magnifier (GN-55)
Price: $9.47
48 used & new from $7.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be Happier, December 4, 2012
Perfect size for table top use, adequate amount of magnification, crisp and clear image (squinting and head-bobbing not required), adjustable angle design, great for hobby use. I reload pistol ammunition and every case must be carefully inspected for cracks and stress. The MagniLamp is a great product with definite bang for the buck (get the pun?). The complaints about the included LED light are, from my perspective, unfounded. You would never depend only the built-in light. I use the MagniLamp in a well lit area with a table lamp close by. The built-in light adds to the illumination nicely. You can't you beat the product and the price!

General Tools & Instruments IRT207 Heat Seeker 8:1 Mid-Range Infrared Thermometer
Price: $29.98
20 used & new from $28.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Every House Should Have One, November 15, 2011
It is accurate, fast, fun, practical, and inexpensive. I monitor my air conditioner by accurately measuring the temperature difference out of the ceiling vent versus the temperature of the air going in at the air return. I've been able to head off problems before the normal homeowner even knows they have one. Measure the temperature of your refrigerator to be sure it's at or below the USDA recommended 38 degrees to minimize spoiling. This tool has a thousand homes uses. And it didn't cost a fortune. Anyone in the trades has to have one but at the Amazon price this is a tool for every homeowner. I haven't abused it so I don't know how it will stand up to dropping or kicking, but I can say I have't changed the battery in over 6 months of use.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2012 11:13 AM PDT

Howard Leight R-03318 Leightning L3 Shooter's Premium Earmuff
Howard Leight R-03318 Leightning L3 Shooter's Premium Earmuff
Price: $19.35
30 used & new from $18.39

5.0 out of 5 stars This is THE SILENCER !!, November 15, 2011
Comfortable, well built, relatively inexpensive, and they block more bang than any earmuff I've tried. What more can you ask for? I've now bought two from Amazon which is the highest recommendation I can give. A quick suggestion; insert inexpensive foam ear plugs in your ears before wearing the earmuffs and you won't even know when the guy in the next lane is shooting his .45 caliber cannon.

Motorola OEM Droid X/MB810 Extended Battery Door
Motorola OEM Droid X/MB810 Extended Battery Door
Offered by Mazel Wireless
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Heaven or Hell, September 15, 2011
I ordered this battery direct from Amazon fulfillment because of all my past, negative, online experiences with a wide variety of battery sellers. This review, you will see, is really a review of Amazon's customer service. The cloud over my head is still there; the battery I received lasted 4 hours after charging. Not exactly 'extended life'. Over the next 3 days, battery life continued to deteriorate. Not good. BUT, Amazon made the exchange hassle free! I filled out the online return/exchange form, received a confirmation, a nice apology for my troubles, and Amazon shipped a replacement. Overnight. Talk about customer service! Of course Amazon wanted the original battery sent back within 30 days or I would be charged for the replacement which is understandable. I sent the original back promptly (they included a no-cost-to-me UPS return label). I have to commend Amazon again for the excellent customer service. Back to the battery... The second battery does, in fact, have extended life, and has worked perfectly for 2 months. I couldn't be happier. IMO, it is very important that you purchase the slighly larger phone back cover when you purchase the extended, slightly thicker, battery. The small change in phone size is not noticable, but it is obvious that without the extended cover you would put undue pressure on the internal parts by forcing the original cover back on.

Caviwipes, X-Large, Individual Packs, 9"x12", 50/BX
Caviwipes, X-Large, Individual Packs, 9"x12", 50/BX

5.0 out of 5 stars Cavi-Wipes, September 15, 2011
Anyone looking at buying cavi-wipes already knows what and why they are buying. These individually packaged, large size wipes are perfect for airplanes, hotels, and cruises. The large size is convenient and does a great job of coverage. One wipe will do two airplane seats, armrests, vent controls, and drop-down trays. Because they are individually wrapped, the extras can stay in the closet until the next trip. I wouldn't travel without a few. In fact, take extras; your next-seat neighbors in the airplane will appreciate the gift once they see your used cavi-wipe. But as we all know, it's what you can't see that's important...

NETGEAR GS105 ProSafe 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch - 10/100/1000 Mbps
NETGEAR GS105 ProSafe 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch - 10/100/1000 Mbps
Price: Click here to see our price
55 used & new from $20.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Little 4-Port Gigabyte Switch, September 15, 2011
Because I had purchased the idential switch a year ago and needed another, for a different location, I decided to buy this switch again. There is no better recommendation than to buy a product a second time. They run cool, never a hick-up, and sit there doing their job. What more can you say? Plug it in and go; it's that simple. Added to the positive experience was a competitive price. I found other choices at my local store but decided not to take a chance so I bought this one (again) from Amazon. If you are looking for a 4-port, 1 gigabyte switch, this is it!

Page: 1 | 2