Profile for Lee Mellott > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 420

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lee Mellott "Work at Home Author" RSS Feed (Maryland)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Best Foundation Brush Flat Top Kabuki Brush By Beauty Junkees: Get Full Makeup Coverage Every Time, Vegan Friendly, Works with Creams, Powders, Liquids, and Mineral Makeup. Synthetic Dense Bristles That Do Not Shed, Quality Compares to Brand Names; Makes Great Gifts for Women and Teens!
Offered by Beauty Junkees
Price: $29.97
2 used & new from $11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars The flat top brush has a great feel to the handle and the bristles are dense ..., July 6, 2014
I recently tried BeautyJunkees Kabuki Brush and I have to say I am impressed. The flat top brush has a great feel to the handle and the bristles are dense but oh so soft. The bristles feel great on the skin and disperse powders nicely. I do not use foundation but it seems that the product should smooth on nicely from the look and feel of the brush fibers. Normally, I use Bobbi Brown brushes which do a great job with makeup application but this brush is a serious contender at a fraction of the price. My BB Kabuki brush was around $40 and I have used it for years so it was well worth it. This brush comes in at around a quarter of the price. Time will tell how it holds up.But certainly worth a try considering the price point and quality.

The one drawback is the manufacturer recommends you wash the brush every day. Well I am sure that is best but it is not realistic for most. The packaging is simple but nice.

The brush is synthetic - vegan friendly which is a consideration. Some other brushes are made of animal hair which does not appeal to everyone. All in all this brush boasts quality bristles, a nice hand grip, easy on the pocketbook price point and it works beautifully. What more could you ask more?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 6:49 AM PDT

Let's Just Say It Wasn't Pretty
Let's Just Say It Wasn't Pretty
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars No, It Wasn't Pretty At All, July 5, 2014
Diane Keaton has always come across as someone who does not play up her looks but tries to bring the focus to her quirky personality. Sadly, after reading the first few pages it was apparent that she is indeed very looks focused and her playing down her looks i.e. with pants, hats etc. is based more from her angst about her appearance than anything else.

Diane spends the first chapter discussing how she loves strong minded women who are individuals. Then she points to the usual women who are good looking as examples with a few not noted for their looks thrown in. Instead of discussing why they are strong characters she zeros in on their looks. This continues on to Chapter2 where she swoons over the attractiveness of the well known male actors and Presidents in the photos and paintings hanging on her wall.

It was very shallow and sorry but I could not finish the book, it was that bad.

Diane, you are attractive. Yes you are getting older as all of us do. And no we can't look like we are in our teens. But have the grace to accept it and focus on what you have instead of what you do not have.

I really felt sorry for Diane, to have so much and to feel so lacking.

Remington Products S6301 3 In 1 Straightener
Remington Products S6301 3 In 1 Straightener
Offered by 1zeee2zeee
Price: $54.28
2 used & new from $54.28

3.0 out of 5 stars Remington 3 in 1 Hair Care Tool, July 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love practical gadgets but I hate clutter, so this little tool seemed to be a nice way to have it all. It is a 3 in 1 with a straightener, volumizer and loose curl maker. The good news is that it heats up quickly and it is easy to interchange the attachments. The bad news is the attachments did not work well to create the looks the product promises.

On the back there is a QR code to scan to watch a video. Not everyone has the resource to scan a QR code so I do think they should have added the website URL to the box also. Regardless, I scanned the code and it took me to ads for Remington products. I did not see a video.

Great concept but execution should be better.

Fekkai Full Blown Volume Shampoo 8 Fl Oz
Fekkai Full Blown Volume Shampoo 8 Fl Oz
Price: $18.45
11 used & new from $14.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Scent - So, So Volume, July 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Fekkai is noted for top notch products so I was excited to try the Fekkai Full Blown Shampoo on my skimpy locks. I have baby fine hair and I always use volumizing shampoos. The packaging on this shampoo is very elegant - much snazzier than other shampoos. It's a crystal clear container that has more sturdiness to it than many bottles. So far so good. Then there is the scent. The bottle says it is infused with mint and fruits but the scent of lemon was the scent that wafted from the bottle. A delicious, tangy lemon.

But that is where the good news stops. Once I washed my hair it was not fluffy and full as promised, it was flat - not good. Perhaps it works to blow up other textures of hair but it did not work for me. There are better products out there, especially at the hefty price point.

Epson WorkForce WF-3620 Wireless and WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Auto Duplex, ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible. (C11CD19201)
Price: $129.99
4 used & new from $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer at a Nice Price Point!, June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I work from home and have multiple printers. I found this one to be among the nicest. Set up is easy and the print quality is precise and clear. I love how it can hold 250 sheets of paper. It also does not command as much space as some of the other printers in this series. The touch screen is smaller than some of the other models but works fine. This is a good choice for a home office or small business. For larger businesses I would suggest one of the bigger models in the series with a greater capacity.

The Beauty Experiment: How I Skipped Lipstick, Ditched Fashion, Faced the World without Concealer, and Learned to Love the Real Me
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The Beauty Experiment, June 30, 2014
In the Beauty Experiment, Hyde shares how she stopped buying clothes and ditched all but the most basic beauty products.
My first thought as I read that book was that perhaps she did it not so much as an experiment but more to not spend money as it seems her bread winner husband watches every cent.

As someone who wears minimal makeup and then only if I am going out, I was interested to read her thoughts on giving up her beauty extras. I found her tone whiny and self depreciating. Sure we all want to look and feel good with or without makeup but she spent far to much time inside her own head worrying about her appearance. Do your best with what you have and then move on to other things. The book was also disjointed as she flipped from one time period to another.

On the positive side, she shares a lot of research and stats. It is obvious she did not just throw the book together but tried to think thru what she wrote to make a case for her year without. But her year without was almost ridiculous, if you can afford it why not buy new underwear if you need them. Or not gut wrench over a swimsuit when your old one is in tatters. It is one thing to do without pomade for the hair yet another to do without the basics like underwear.

It truly is not hard to minimalize a beauty routine and look good. A lot can be said for healthy skin that is not slathered with foundation, a fit body from exercise and eating natural foods and a simple haircut that compliments one's hair type. And there is no need for a lot of expensive fashion either. Simple, well made garments on a trim body can look very rich. Hyde seems to go out of her way to just not use self-care during her year long experiment. Had she embraced a no makeup look but included great grooming and simple styles I think her year would have turned out much better and not been such an angst written tome.

Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4630 Wireless and WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Auto Duplex, ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible. (C11CD10201)
Price: $179.99
20 used & new from $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality All in One!, June 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
You can fax, scan, print and more with this all in one device. As someone who works from home I have multiple printers and though they work well, each is lacking some feature or another. For example, one scans but does not fax. I really like to have my printers multi-task and this one does almost everything. The only missing feature would be the ability to print on CD's.

Set up is simple but keep in mind this is a large machine and takes up space. In addition, it is heavy so a sturdy computer counter or table is needed. Pages print much faster than any of my other machines and it is wireless. I love the fact that it can hold a lot of paper, 330 sheets and I don't have to keep refilling it. And that the ink tanks hold large inks.

Overall, this is a nice choice for a small business or home office!

Smart Weigh SWS100 Elite Digital Pocket Scale 100 x 0.01g - Black
Smart Weigh SWS100 Elite Digital Pocket Scale 100 x 0.01g - Black
Offered by MeasuRite
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Quality Mini Scale, June 27, 2014
This is a nice little scale that measures in g, oz, gn and ct. I have another by a different manufacturer that looks almost just like it yet was more expensive.

The scale does a nice job and is perfect for measuring small quantities of powders, gems, and other precious metals. It could also be used for letters. A tare feature allows you to use it with small dishes or other vehicles to hold what you are measuring if desired.

A 100gram weight is used to calibrate the scale and this can be purchased inexpensively at Amazon. Directions on how to calibrate are printed on the inner lid. Batteries are included. Size wise it just a tad longer in length than a deck of cards and about as thick as a small finger - very compact.

Overall nice product at an easy on the pocket price point.

Watts Beauty Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Advanced Skin Gel, 2.0 Ounce
Watts Beauty Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Advanced Skin Gel, 2.0 Ounce
Offered by Direct 2u Wholesale LLC
Price: $17.99
3 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Smooth, June 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like this product. My dermatologist recommended I try hyaluronic acid for some rough patches on my skin. Watts Skin Gel product is less expensive and seems to do as well as a prescription she gave me. A combination of hyaluronic acid, vitamin C and L-arginine, the product is thicker than most serums yet not as heavy as a cream. It goes on smoothly and absorbs easily.

The product is packaged in a dark bottle to prevent it from breaking down in the light. The pump works easily and a cap secures the gel. I really like that it is a pump as that is much more hygenic than dipping ones fingers in a jar. Also I like the way it disperses better than other formulas that use a dropper.

After applying the gel my skin felt smoother and appears fresher. A really nice product a great price point!

KettleWorx Vinyl Coated Kettlebell with 1 Kickstart DVD and Guide, 5-Pound
KettleWorx Vinyl Coated Kettlebell with 1 Kickstart DVD and Guide, 5-Pound
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Kettlebell with Instruction, June 27, 2014
This review is from: KettleWorX Kickstart Kit (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This review is for the 5lb kettle weight with kickstart DVD and Guide. The kettle weight is a quality piece of equipment with a smooth grip and rubberized base so it will not hurt your flooring. The handle makes it easy to lift and gives a more diverse range of motion than a traditional weight.

The DVD is a 10 minute preview of the Kettleworx 8 Week Rapid Evolution Program. It includes cardio, core and resistance training. There is also an introduction with tips on how to use the equipment. Instruction is clear and easy to follow.

The Kickstart guide is really just one long advertisement for the 8 Week Rapid Evolution Program.

I really like the clear instructional style and the quality of the weight. I don't like that it really pushes other product i.e. the 8 Week Rapid Evolution Program. I get that this is not the complete program but why not show customers what we can achieve with this weight alone. Why not include a simple kickstart guide with a mini program instead of a big ad for the more expensive program.
Even the box for this weight included before and after photos of you guessed it people who used the big program. It also says it includes 10 minute workouts in the ads for this so you may not realize that the workouts are actually previews of the "big" program.

In addition, I would like to see some diversity in the exercisers. All young fit people is not encouraging for those of us who are older. If you are going to market this to beginners also then represent them in the DVD! Truly, this would be a tough workout for beginners, not something I would recommend for those starting out.

Overall, if you are in good shape and want a Kettleball weight with some instruction this is for you. Just be sure to manage your expectations about the Kickstart guide and completeness of the DVD's.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20