Profile for Lee Mellott > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 557

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lee Mellott "Work at Home Author" RSS Feed (Maryland)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mr. Coffee BVMC-SCTX95 12-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffeemaker, Black
Mr. Coffee BVMC-SCTX95 12-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffeemaker, Black
Price: $104.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Cup of Joe!, December 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a Keurig coffee maker and as much as I love the convenience, the cost of buying k-cups daily is expensive and the coffee is not always as strong as in a coffee maker. So I was super happy to try this product.

I love the stainless steel carafe. Stainless steel keeps the coffee hotter, makes the coffee taste better and is less worrisome than having an easy to break glass pot. The big advantage of a glass pot is seeing how much coffee you have left, Mr. Coffee solves this problem with this stainless steel carafe by including what they call "light bar technology" so you can tell how much they have left. This carafe holds about 12 cups of coffee.

The coffee maker also boasts a method of saturating the grounds so the coffee tastes better but I did not notice a big difference in taste. The features are easy to use and the machine is sleek and attractive. Looks great on the counter!

Overall its a nice machine for a delicious cuppa!

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Get Neat Fast!, December 23, 2014
I really enjoyed Marie Kondo's book, "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up." I have read a number of books on clearing your clutter and Marie takes a different approach. Instead of going room by room as most books advise she suggests you organize by categories. She even gives you the order to go in to make it easier.

But as much as I enjoyed the book I can't overlook her wastefulness. She constantly advises on to throw out what you don't need with only the occasional or donate it. She goes so far as to say she rips pages out of books so she can keep certain sections. Defacing an entire book for a few words when someone else could enjoy it, just doesn't feel right.

She talks about how she cleaned her room and hauled out bags of trash and from how she writes I get the impression she is young. Her tips focus more on books and clothes over household items etc.

Overall I really like the book, but I cringe when I read her recommendation to throw it out. I do believe this book can help get you organized top to bottom so I recommend it highly but I wish Marie would touch more on repurposing, gifting, donating, and even selling what you can't use to buy something you need instead of throwing it out.

Oster CKSTBRTW20 2-Pound Expressbake Breadmaker, White
Oster CKSTBRTW20 2-Pound Expressbake Breadmaker, White
Price: $62.10
24 used & new from $48.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use - Yummy Bread!, December 20, 2014
I had an expensive bread making machine a few years ago and despite my efforts the bread did not come out well most of the time and the clean up was a pain. Recently, I decided to try eating more natural foods i.e. foods without preservatives etc. And if you read the bread label, it is hard to find a healthy loaf. I decided to try the Oster based on the reviews and price point.

The machine comes with very detailed directions on how to make bread and a number of recipes. And it is ultra easy to use. I made a country white, basic white, banana bread and pizza dough. All of them came out perfectly. I was stunned at how high the pizza dough rose and how delicious it tasted. Banana bread was super simple and tasty and the white loaves were delicious.

Clean up is a breeze. The loaves slipped out of the machine easily and the pan washed up with little effort.

One drawback to the machine is the height. It is fairly tall and I could not store it in my kitchen cabinets. But it is easy to lift as opposed to some of the machines that are longer. It makes a horizontal loaf and you can choose from a number of settings.

Overall I rate this 5 stars for ease and yumminess!

Singer S10 Studio 5.5 by 5.5-Inch and 2 by 2-Inch Embroidery Machine with 55 Built-In Designs, 3 Fonts, 2 Hoops and Bonus Software
Price: $545.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty Designs Made Simple!, December 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This embroidery machine is amazing. I love the way it makes intricate designs with ease. It's a great way to personalize items. It can be used for towels, tablecloths, baby bibs, sweaters, etc. Personalized items add a nice touch to your home and are perfect to give as gifts. It comes with 55 designs built in including borders and letters. You can download more from your computer and even make your own. Designs include flowers, animals, sports, transportation and much more.

Despite all that it does, it is compact and the handle makes it easy to carry. It comes with accessories including two hoops so you can match the size to the design like using the small one for baby onesies. It also comes with instructions, and I also found it very helpful to watch the video on the Singer sewing machine site. It has a number of nice features include a backlit touch screen and a language option for different languages.

Despite my limited sewing skill, I was able to whip up things that looked like they took hours of time. This is a super nice machine for embroidery!

Nivea Body In-Shower Nourishing Body Lotion for Very Dry Skin, 13.5 Fluid Ounce
Nivea Body In-Shower Nourishing Body Lotion for Very Dry Skin, 13.5 Fluid Ounce
Price: $7.99
31 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative, Skin Softening Body Lotion!, December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have dry skin but have never liked applying lotion after a shower. I have to wait for it to absorb before getting dressed, it seems to take a long time, and never seems to last anyway. As a result, I don't do it and my skin is dry.

When I saw the Nivea Body in Shower Lotion, I was curious if it could work. But it does. It leaves a light layer on your body of skin smoothing ingredients, so your skin feels soft and supple after use. It should be combined with a body wash as it does not wash the skin it moisturizes it.

It glides on the skin easily and is so easy to use in the shower instead of after.

One drawback is it does contain scents. The scent is not heavy, but I would prefer a product fragrance free. Hopefully, they will come out with this next.

Overall fab product for smooth, touchable skin!

Remington Products PG6250 Wettech Head, Beard and Body Grooming Kit, Black
Remington Products PG6250 Wettech Head, Beard and Body Grooming Kit, Black
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth Shave!, December 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a super nice quality trimmer. It stays charged for close to 4 hours, has a good hand feel and gets the job done. Overall a quality product at a good price point!

Perfect Fitness Bands Pro with Tendon Tech
Perfect Fitness Bands Pro with Tendon Tech
Price: $18.98
2 used & new from $18.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fitness Bands, November 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Resistance bands can give a nice workout but I did find the material on this one to be sticky. The loops are interesting as you can use your hands in different positions but I thought the band was a bit short. Overall I think it needs some work.

Jillian Dempsey Natural Khôl Eyeliner, Jet Black
Jillian Dempsey Natural Khôl Eyeliner, Jet Black
Price: $20.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple and works., November 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I felt this was a nice product but I find it easier to use powder shadow for eyelining with a thin tipped brush. Also I felt it was pricey at $20. All in all it works fine I just prefer other eyelining methods. This would be handy to slip in the purse for quick touch ups or take on vacation.

Valuepedic Contour Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Valuepedic Contour Ventilated Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Price: $18.14
2 used & new from $18.14

3.0 out of 5 stars No Zzzzz's with the Valuepedic, October 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This pillow does not offer the "play" that many memory foam pillows do. It is rigid and does not conform as much to the head. If you like a firmer pillow you may like this but if you prefer medium you will find it hard to sleep on. I had trouble sleeping on it and had to revert to my softer pillow.

DII 100% Cotton, Printed Damask Chef Kitchen Apron, Machine Washable, Great Hostess Gift, Cooking or Baking Apron with Pockets, Gray
Price: $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Feminine and Functional Apron, October 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a really cute apron. I love the black and white print - it is cute and classy. The apron is a nice quality material, fits well and looks great. I enjoy having things that are functional and well designed and this fits the bill. Does the job nicely and at an affordable price point!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20