Profile for M. Campbell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Campbell RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
White Return Air Grill 24 x 4
White Return Air Grill 24 x 4
Offered by PasuTech LLC
Price: $13.60

5.0 out of 5 stars MADE IN AMERICA - yay!, October 7, 2014
This review is from: White Return Air Grill 24 x 4
I wanted to vent a pantry that was running too warm. I cut a hole above the door on the inside and outside of the pantry and dressed the holes with these vents for an inexpensive but finished look, solving my problem. Good quality and finish, and pleased to find proud MADE IN AMERICA stickers on the wrapper.

Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Price: $299.00
5 used & new from $299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I sold my two used QC15's on Amazon once I tried these!, January 28, 2014
I had two of the QC 15's which I LOVED (I had upgraded from original QC2's through Bose outlet store when the 15's came out)

The only issue I ever had with the QC15 was the bulk of carrying the headphones and case.
Once these arrived and I tried them out, I traded in (read:sold) BOTH of my full sized headphones for this little gem.
(My second pair was for traveling with someone - so they will loose out now since I'm understandably not sharing an earbud-style set)

Highly recommended, very happy with the form factor, sound performance, noise cancelling - the whole deal. The control/battery box is not an issue at all, the iphone remote functions work great, and the whole set fits nicely in my "around the neck" style passport/travel wallet. Zoom!

Bluelounge Design Kii Keychain Lightning USB Charger for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - White
Offered by CaseMotions
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits on my keychain next to my Lacie USB key, August 19, 2013
This is a really handy ultra compact cable replacement and although it is a bit pricy, it is well made.

The size is similar to my car key, or my Lacie USB key.
It doesn't trigger the "accessory not supported" note from my iPhone or iPad Mini even on iOS7 beta6.

Easily detach the business end to use it without taking the "key" head off of the ring.

I have a Mophie case, as well as a separate Mophie external battery (the large one that can charge an ipad) and this key fob plus the external battery is a very handy combo for travel... when the phone plus the mophie case is just not enough juice!

Nice job Bluelounge folks.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Red Devil 3225 Heavy-Duty Window Scraper
Red Devil 3225 Heavy-Duty Window Scraper
Price: $4.26
11 used & new from $1.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Alert: Item sent is NOT the item pictured - TWICE, June 4, 2013
I sent the first one back thinking it could be a shipping mistake.
Second one arrived same way.
The item sent for this listing is an unbranded, flimsy black plastic scraper.
The Red Devil people or Amazon should make the seller take these down.

I will try to upload a picture of what was sent and post it with the listing/comment.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2013 9:22 PM PST

Fringe: The Complete Fourth Season [HD]
Fringe: The Complete Fourth Season [HD]
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Continues to be odd... but I fell in love with it!, May 14, 2013
"Open jaw viewing" similar to how the viewer feels while watching "LOST".
Strange but fun in an "I can't believe I just saw that" sort of way.

Fringe: The Complete Third Season [HD]
Fringe: The Complete Third Season [HD]
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Go back to season 1 and start there FIRST, March 29, 2013
The story is quite involved and intertwined. You will not get the hang of this series unless you start with episode one of season one.
Very creative, very well written, lots of tongue in cheek sci-fi humor.

Fringe: The Complete Second Season [HD]
Fringe: The Complete Second Season [HD]
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very creative - each season gets better, March 29, 2013
Don't try to start watching in the middle of this series. Go back to season 1 and start there.
The first couple of episodes are a bit convoluted but they create a foundation that keeps being built upon.

Jawbone BIG JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Red Dot - Retail Packaging
Jawbone BIG JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Red Dot - Retail Packaging
Offered by Flippindeal
Price: Click here to see our price
26 used & new from $149.99

1,446 of 1,493 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Big Jambox vs Bose Soundlink... Side by side, May 20, 2012
I'll admit it, I've got a bit of a fetish for speakers. ESPECIALLY mobile speakers. I tend to get just about every noteworthy new set that comes along. So it's no surprise I immediately had to try BOTH of the big kids on the bluetooth block: the SoundLink from Bose and the Big Jambox from Jawbone. I had already been impressed with the sound and form factor of the Bose (which has been out a while now) My Big Jambox arrived last Wednesday and I could finally put them side by side for a "jam-off".

The answer: Both sound better and more powerful than you could believe from their relatively small size
Each has it's own strengths.

BIG JAMBOX edges out the Bose on the following points:
* Speakerphone. Perhaps the single biggest advantage of the Big Jambox is the excellent speakerphone they built in. It is true full duplex and a joy to talk on. I even tested it with FaceTime on iPad and iPhone- both work great. (The Bose has no speakerphone, when a call comes in, it simply pauses your music.)
* Clearer mid and high tones
* The LiveAudio featurewhich I like but none of my friends do. This is a simulated 3D surround sound mode It can only be correctly enjoyed while listening in a small space directly in front of the speaker, so it is of limited use, but for certain pieces of music the effect is breathtaking and almost freaky when you close your eyes you could swear certain instruments are behind you.
* Easy firmware updates and custom settings just like the original Jambox
* Longer battery life.
* Trendy/cool looking

BOSE SOUNDLINK edges out the Big Jambox on the following :
* Notably deeper, richer, more mellow lows.
* Respectable/professional looking
* Did I mention the deeper, richer lows?

I tweaked the EQ on my iPhone for "Bass Boost" and it changed the sound of the Jambox to more closely resemble the Bose, so it is not that the Jambox cannot produce those tones, I think it is more of a matter of the designed profile of sound without adjustment. the Bose is skewed (perhaps even artificially) in favor of the lows. I would love to see Jambox come out with a tweak to the firmware to allow a skew to "warmer" tones as an option. They have lots of flexibility in areas like this, as shown with the LiveAudio feature.

I love both units. While I like the warmer default tones of the Bose, I can set the Jambox to sound similar with the EQ setting, and I gain longer battery life and a killer speakerphone from the Big Jambox, so the winner for me is the Big Jambox.

I have side by side pictures of my red Big Jambox next to the Bose - I'll try to upload those shortly...

[update 1: the photos are now uploaded and showing]

[update 2: Before my Big Jambox arrived I had read a few reviews which said something about it being "too bad you need to carry the big charger block around" and that it would not charge from the micro-usb. This turns out to be incorrect. You CAN charge it from the micro-usb. Like the New iPads, it's battery capacity is HUGE and it takes a long time to get a charge from a small phone charger. I think it is a matter speed - using my iPad3 USB charger it works fine - nothing else to tote. - PS: A week later and I still love this thing. ]
Comment Comments (82) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2014 10:00 AM PDT

Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - Red Dot - Retail Packaging (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Just Right!
Price: $89.99
44 used & new from $44.99

2.0 out of 5 stars 2nd Time Is A Charm... But This Needs Double The Volume For Those Last Two Stars, April 28, 2012
I had wanted the Jambox for a VERY long time but just could not bring myself to bleed the cash they want for them.
I finally decided to bite the bullet on the Apr 22nd, and ordered a RED one. I was excited when it arrived Apr 24.
...Until I noticed that it did not work... Major buzz kill on the pre-built excitement.

I went through all the proper channels, on Apr 25 after charging all night, I contacted Jawbone support, described the issue (would not stay turned on more than 2 seconds when plugged in, and would not come on at all when not plugged in) They walked me through a couple of steps to reset the device, and then pretty promptly told me it should be exchanged for a new one.

I wasn't particularly worried because Amazon is excellent at handling this sort of thing quickly and elegantly - that day another one was on it's way to me, and mine was picked up the next afternoon by UPS. My 2nd new Jambox arrived Apr 27.

Now onto my evaluation of the working product:

THE PROS
+ It is compact, for sure and good looking
+ My iPhone earbud indicator shows the relative battery charge for the Jambox
+ It has surprisingly full rich sound when turned NEARLY all the way up
+ It was easy pair with my iPhone4S
+ When plugged into my iMac to register and update, it worked well
+ The MyTalk website worked well to update the firmware in the unit
+ The update added or updated a feature called "LiveAudio"
+ LiveAudio does freaky cool things to my music when sitting in front of the jambox - it is eerily like surround sound but the audio source is just two channels, and there is no rear speaker. On my bartop it sounds great for most of the kitchen.

THE CONS
- I have not found a way to stop the obnoxious, loud, full volume "R2D2" noises it makes when turning on and off.
- LiveAudio CUTS THE VOLUME NEARLY IN HALF to do it's magic.
- You can turn LiveAudio on and off, but once off, the audio is substantially less appealing
- The last notch or two of volume severely distorts the audio, requiring non-max volume be selected.
- The loudest volume this unit can produce is several percent quieter than my previous travel speaker (more on that below)

Now I will compare apples and doughnuts:
As different as they both are, I can eat either of them for breakfast.
Likewise, I can use a substantially different type of speaker in my luggage for hotel and mobile entertainment.

The speaker I traveled with for hotel room entertainment etc, was an Altec Lansing Altec Lansing Technologies IMT227 OrbitM Ultra Portable Speakers To be clear, the Altec uses a wire, and was NOT stereo - (it combines the channels, but throws out the sound... big). I did some countertop experiments with these two on highs, clarity, bass, and volume. The Altec wins for non-distorted loudness, and for lower bass, the Jambox wins for no wires, true stereo, slightly crisper highs. And switching to LiveAudio, if your room is quiet, the effect is really excellent.

In all, I think I will find a place in my heart for the Jambox, but it is not the place I thought it would be...
I may find that I leverage the speakerphone feature.
I may find that I use it for really high quality surround-sound music in a quiet space of my home
I may find that I bring both the Jambox and the Altec in my bag for the next few trips to give them a hotel experiment.

UPDATE after 3 more days... ---------
Downgraded to 2 stars... I just could not fall in love with the lack of volume here.
The sound quality is really great, but the volume is only suited to intimate situations where headphones would be a better fit anyway...

For me, this item did not work out well enough for the premium price it demands, so I decided just to send it back.

PS: Perhaps the newly announced "BIG Jambox" will solve the volume issue once released.

Aromatherapy Diffuser - Professional Grade (Orbis Nox Merus)
Aromatherapy Diffuser - Professional Grade (Orbis Nox Merus)
Offered by Aromis Ltd
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant design, efficient use of expensive oils, quiet operation, April 15, 2012
This unit is simple, elegant, functional. I use this with Young Living oils.
It is much less expensive than the units YL offers - and a much better design in my opinion.

I love that it is entirely made of a single chunk of real wood, and has an elegant one-piece blown-glass element.

All you do is add 10-20 drops of an essential oil - no water or carrier oils needed - and turn it on.

It's dead-easy to clean with a swish of alcohol when switching oil variety.

It runs at a variety of speeds, with a convenient automatic timer that cycles the unit off and on.

I love it.

I do wish they would sell the replacement glass elements on Amazon.

If I had an extra one would like to keep one for lavender and then one that I switch out with a variety of oils.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2013 7:48 PM PDT