Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for Val M. > Reviews

Browse

Val M.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Val M. RSS Feed (Long Island, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
14k Yellow Gold Petite Anchor Pendant Necklace, 18"
14k Yellow Gold Petite Anchor Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $82.94

5.0 out of 5 stars but was pleased with the size and quality, December 27, 2014
I ordered this on a daily deal because our school theme is sailors and anchors. I wasn't sure what to expect for the price, but was pleased with the size and quality. It came packaged in a very nice box and was the perfect size for my teenage. The picture is pretty true to size. I actually went back and ordered a second one for my other kid.

Oryany Handbags Candice Satchel,Crimson,One Size
Oryany Handbags Candice Satchel,Crimson,One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars I love a good leather bag so I took a chance when this was on sale, December 27, 2014
Although I haven't heard of this brand before, I love a good leather bag so I took a chance when this was a daily deal. It's a very well made quality leather bag. A little bigger than I expected but true to size of the measurements provided. The color is a nice change from my usual black or brown bag. I knocked one star off for a sticky zipper. Hoping with some use it will work itself in and open and close a bit smoother.

Ravensburger Labyrinth
Ravensburger Labyrinth
Price: $19.26
83 used & new from $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun but also makes you think a bit, December 27, 2014
This review is from: Ravensburger Labyrinth (Toy)
Picked this up as a gift for my 13 year old based on the reviews. Upon first setting it up her and her friend didn't seem too interested as it seemed a bit complicated. Once they got their first character they got into the game and had a blast bumping each other's game piece off the board. Not hey also helped each other with strategy. Lots of fun but also makes you think a bit. Happy I took a chance and the kids put down their phones long enough to give it a try.

The Earl Claims His Wife (Scandals and Seductions)
The Earl Claims His Wife (Scandals and Seductions)
by Cathy Maxwell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
136 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Blah..., February 4, 2011
This book is what I call "I have nothing else to read". The characters were so not intriguing, had no depth and not very endearing.

The plot was all over the place, it went from a husband being mia for four years, to showing up, and within hours the hero and heroine were renewing marriage vows even though pages before heroine loathed the hero.

From there the characters had a baby, not their own but the hero's father and mistresses (really?), which was why said hero wanted his wife back to care for the baby. But then the plot turns to hero wanting the wife back to help him get a certain new commission. I skipped so many pages of dull, annoying dialogue just to get to the end.

I would never tell anyone not to read a book as it is all personal preference, so I am recommending renting from the library instead of wasting your money.

Call Me Irresistible: A Novel
Call Me Irresistible: A Novel
by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
200 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The hero & the zero, February 3, 2011
Although this book was no where near other SEP's past story lines, she still has the ability to make the reader connect and feel the characters, whether you like them or not.

I was sad the main female was such so useless, especially having two dynamic parents from Glitter Baby. Although Meg grew on me, I was disappointed she had no goals, no ambition to succeed. She did try and work to get a purpose in life towards the end, but it all seemed half baked...from caddy to jewelry designer to environmentalist?

I did enjoy the main male who was more complex, and I liked that he unravelled as the story went on.

Overall, worth the read, just not one I would consider re-reading.

A Taste of Magic (Magic Series Book 1)
A Taste of Magic (Magic Series Book 1)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars We all need some magic, December 28, 2010
I really enjoyed this book. It was a light, fun read that is a little inspiring for us to follow our heart and pursue what will make us happy in life.

I loved the eccentric character of Grandma Verda and the strong female family connection going back to a great great great grandma.

I wish there would have been more interaction with Elizabeth, the main character and her love interest Nate.

They were both likable, and I loved the way they met!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and comfortable, August 12, 2010
I bought these for my 9 year old daughter. They are very cute and well made. They wear and wash well, and have not faded throughout the summer months. My only complaint is the way the sizing is listed. It says a junior small which is what we ordered thinking it would be sized for a small teen. These just fit my daughter who is a kids size 7.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps cold!, August 12, 2010
After numerous "kids" theromos' which kept leaking despite their hefty price, I was just looking for something that was double insulated for the kids to take to summer camp. I came across this one, and although a bit large for a kid, the hand strap was appealing to me to make carrying a bit easier. I wish these came in a 12 oz. version for smaller hands, but so far I have no complaints. The wide mouth is easy to add ice, the lid comes apart for easy cleaning, and most importantly it keeps the drinks cold. We have not experienced any leaking.

Pumponator Balloon Pumping Station - Green
Pumponator Balloon Pumping Station - Green
Price: $19.42
18 used & new from $12.92

5.0 out of 5 stars No more breaking balloons before they are filled!, August 12, 2010
Love this product! All of our hose and sinks are too big to fill up a water balloon and the small plastic attachments don't fit either. I ordered this for a block party we were having as I thought the kids could organize a water balloon toss. Everyone at the party loved this and had so much fun using. It is so easy to work and really is a great product for the summer. I liked it so much, I ordered a spare for next year. The kids also have as much fun using it to just blow regular balloons too (no water).

What I Did for Love (Wynette, Texas)
What I Did for Love (Wynette, Texas)
by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
153 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not SEP's best, January 31, 2009
I am a huge SEP fan - her books have had me laughing out loud and crying too, but I didn't feel the same emotional connection in this book. Of course this is a well written book and the dialogue is engaging, but I agree with many others that there wasn't enough of a story line to fill the book, and in the end was predictable.

And to the reviewer who said this seemed to mirror Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie vs. Jennifer Aniston saga -- I thought the same thing!!!

So, all in all, worth reading if you are a SEP fan, but rent it from the library as it won't be one you are likely to re-read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2009 12:23 AM PST