Profile for DadeCityCharlie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DadeCityCharlie RSS Feed

Intertape Polymer Group FF30 1.88-Inch by 10-Yard Fire Fly Glow in the Dark Duct Tape
Offered by Billy & Sons
Price: $6.58
6 used & new from $2.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Novelty, September 4, 2013
I'm guessing it's using the old school glow materials (zinc sulfide) doesn't glow well for very long. Maybe in total darkness this could be useful. It does stick real well.

Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod Legs (Black)
Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod Legs (Black)
Offered by Dual Photo Deals
Price: $199.88
8 used & new from $160.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and built like a tank., September 4, 2013
These legs are solid and weigh a fair amount. Carrying this around all day could be a pain but for the cost savings vs. carbon fiber, no complaints. Maybe when i'm rich I'll get carbon fiber but i doubt it. Not sure about the center column, it tends to move when extended like a diving board. Not sure I'll use that feature much but good to know it's there.

Vanguard PRO Bag 80 for Tripods with Folded Length less than 30 1/8 Inches
Vanguard PRO Bag 80 for Tripods with Folded Length less than 30 1/8 Inches
Price: $26.99
28 used & new from $20.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, September 4, 2013
Fits a Manfrotto 055XPROB, on top is a Manfrotto 054 ballhead with a Q5 plate, with maybe, 2 inches to spare. The bag is a surprise. Better made than anticipated. It's a little big around but it's well padded and for the price, zero complaints.

Micro SATA Cables - 4 PORT USB 3.0 PCI-e PCB Card
Micro SATA Cables - 4 PORT USB 3.0 PCI-e PCB Card
Offered by Century Accessory
Price: $10.91
5 used & new from $9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars works just fine, March 19, 2012
Hi, ordered this for my new camera that has USB 3. Easy to install, in Win 7, I went to control panel, system, hardware and used the enclosed disk for 2 separate drivers. I doubt I'll ever need so many USB ports but sometimes more is good. Used it for about a month and no problems.

Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx Handheld GPS Navigator (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx Handheld GPS Navigator (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Crawford's Superstore
Price: $639.99
19 used & new from $224.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A little better than eTrex Vista HCx, June 3, 2009
I recently had my Vista HCx stolen and needed a replacement. The 60 CSx seems to be the same, although I did notice that the new unit roamed while standing still, while the Vista didn't seem to do that. Maybe it's because i can see the screen that I'm noticing it now. Anyway, the screen is much easier to see but it doesn't get a bright as the Vista. It's like it has the same amount of available light on both units only the light is spread over a larger distance therefore not as bright on the 60CSx. I'm happy with the unit just like i was with the Vista HCx.

Sandisk 4GB Ultra II Compactflash Memory Card (15mb/s)
Sandisk 4GB Ultra II Compactflash Memory Card (15mb/s)
Offered by HiTech Vendors
Price: $23.15
7 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent as always, February 9, 2009
This is my 3rd SanDisk Compact Flash Card. Never had a problem with any of them.

Casio Men's WVA430DJ-1A Waveceptor Solar Atomic Ana-Digi Sport Watch
Casio Men's WVA430DJ-1A Waveceptor Solar Atomic Ana-Digi Sport Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Item is good, February 9, 2009
Got the watch on Friday, it's Monday now. I'm tech minded but this watch took a while to figure out. The manual is tiny is hard to follow at first but after while you understand the language.

The watch is cool, easy to read the time but i can't read the little window without glasses. Bigger than I thought but not too big. I had to have links removed-i tried to figure how to remove links but was scared of damage-a jeweler charged me $6-that's was fine with me.

I like the exact time idea-easy to get a time signal if you walk outside, inside where i live it's very difficult to get reception.

I also like the idea of not having to replace the battery...don't know how long the rechargeable battery will last but that can be replaced way down the road, i hope.

I worry about scratching the crystal, i was thinking about a screen protector but that might make it hard to see the watch.

Amazon had the best price when i looked. All in all it's a nice item.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2009 6:31 PM PDT

iHome iH9 Alarm Clock Speaker System with Dock for iPod (Black)
iHome iH9 Alarm Clock Speaker System with Dock for iPod (Black)
6 used & new from $35.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I had hoped for more..., February 5, 2009
I think I was enchanted when I saw it in Wal-Mart for nearly a hundred buck but i wasn't willing to pay that. Good thing too. I went to eBay and paid $80 including shipping which is better but not great.

The alarm clock does have a rich sound.

Some of the features are cool. I like the remote control. The 3-D sound is nifty, the dimmer is good but changes easily if you're not careful. I think the reason it's so high priced is because of the iPod dock. It doesn't make practical sense, safety wise, to put the doc where it is-too vulnerable to damage. Overreach the snooze and the dock is toast or your iPod is possibly damaged. I would have place the dock lower inside the machine or built a backing structure.
The gradual ease of the waking feature is not very gradual. It's better than a regular alarm but not by much. I see gradual as being maybe a minute or 2 but this clock does it within 30 seconds.

I like waking to my own songs but I could do that with a CD player within the alarm clock.

I'm going to keep the clock because trying to return it would be costly but I won't be buying another.

P3 International P4460 Kill A Watt EZ Electricity Usage Monitor
P3 International P4460 Kill A Watt EZ Electricity Usage Monitor
Price: Click here to see our price
104 used & new from $25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, November 13, 2008
I was a bit disappointed after I received the item. Don't get me wrong it works as expected but I was thinking I could really find out ways to save some money by identifying electrical vampires. All of the electronics I tested used so little electricity when not on it seems kind of silly to be concerned. For example a 27" HDTV with a DVD player on the same circuit uses $4.53 a year when not being used. For some reason I thought it would cost more than it does.

But it is interesting to find out how much appliances cost to use if you ran them 24/7 for 365 days. The TV and DVD player runs around $98 a year.

My Wish list: I wish it had a back light; I'm 50 and can't see so well. I also wish it had a tilted screen; it's a pain to work with it while it's in the wall socket and catching the right angle to see.

Overall, it's a fine product.

eTrex Vista HCx Portable Navigator
eTrex Vista HCx Portable Navigator
Offered by Electromax
Price: $269.99
11 used & new from $114.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Not half bad, September 25, 2007
I'm new to GPS and Garmin. I bought it because i was interested in the Altimeter, Barometer, and Compass and thought i'd check out GPS.

I ordered it on Tuesday and got it on Friday with the standard shipping. I was surprised by how small the whole thing is but the screen is very clear and easy to read. It took less then a minute to find the satellites. It took a while to figure out how to use it because i'm not much on reading directions but is easy to learn.

The base map is not very detailed regarding roads. Only details available are state highways and interstate highways. The map does do well with the names of towns. I decided to purchase City Navigator. It seems kind of expensive but there's not much choice. I saw a few programs where you can make your own maps but the process seemed kind of complicated for a newbie.

The unit itself is very nice. I like all the different data it can give. I'm not sure how accurate all of it is but it seems fine for my needs. I will do some hiking and biking but mostly use it for driving.

It does seems to be a bit of a battery hog. I use Radio Shack green NIMH batteries and they lasted for about 8 hours.

I do look forward in learning all it can do.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2011 8:34 AM PST