Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Steve Colon > Reviews

Browse

Steve Colon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steve Colon RSS Feed

Reebok Men's Crossfit Nano 4.0 Cross Trainer (11, Grey/Black)
Reebok Men's Crossfit Nano 4.0 Cross Trainer (11, Grey/Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FOR THE GYM, August 11, 2015
Based on 4 workouts. Coming back from some surgery and just started doing a little personal training. Started using my Reebok running shoes (DMX Sky Impact), but found I wasn't very stable when it came to doing half splits and reverse lunges because the heel cushioning was designed with active running in mind and not really for training in a gym (in my opinion). Brought these at the suggestion of my trainer and absolutely love them. I have a solid connection with the floor and can really focus on my placement and movement. Arch support seems good so far. Loved the "Find the Right Size" tool on the Amazon page. I put in model and size of my current shoe to find out what size I should order for the Nano. I wear a 10.5 in the DMX, but an 11 in the Nano. Would never of thought to change size. And the fit is great!

Rising Phoenix
Rising Phoenix
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT READ - POOR PUBLISHING, January 1, 2015
This review is from: Rising Phoenix (Kindle Edition)
Got turned on to Kyle Mills when he did a turn on Ludlum's COVERT ONE series and been a fan since. I've been reading the Mark Beamon books out-of-order and this is my third one. The writing, pacing, characters were great. For me, this was a real page turner.
The downside is that this is a HarperCollins-published e-book and they suck at it. The errors, typos, etc. are not so bad in this book as in others I've read, but still just as annoying. Kyle, if you're reading this, dump these morons and their ludicrously bad proofreading and formatting. You deserve better.

AmazonBasics 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 5V/2.5A power adapter
AmazonBasics 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 5V/2.5A power adapter
Price: $16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars DRIVERS WOULDN'T LOAD ON WIN7 LAPTOP, October 20, 2014
I have a Dell laptop running Win7 Professional. Given all the great reviews, I was really disappointed when the drivers wouldn't load and none of my external drives (a My Book, 2 LaCie Rugged drives and Glyph Studio Mini) were recognized The laptop has 2 USB ports and a combo USB/eSATA port; all of them USB 2.0, so I didn't expect any problems with this USB 3.0 hub since it's backward compatible.

I tried it on every port, with and without the power adapter, and the only thing that worked were the fans in my laptop cooling pad.

Maybe I just got a lemon. Returning for a refund. May re-order.

UPDATE (Nov 3rd, 2014) - Decided to try ordering a USB 2.0 hub instead, just in case there was an issue with trying to use the 3.0 hub above on my older PC laptop. I ordered the AmazonBasics 7 Port USB 2.0 Hub with 5V/4A power adapter and had the same exact issues noted above. Returning for a refund and not going to bother with Amazon Basics anymore.

Robert Ludlum's(TM) The Ares Decision (A Covert-One novel Book 8)
Robert Ludlum's(TM) The Ares Decision (A Covert-One novel Book 8)
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT READ, April 24, 2014
Mills writes in a very authentic way, blending the polictics of internal intrigue at the CIA with geo-polictical power struggles of Africa and Iran. Action was great. For me, the story is a clever twist on the zombie genre without the zombies.

Arctic Fire (Red Cell Series, Book 1)
Arctic Fire (Red Cell Series, Book 1)
Price: $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars UNEVEN, March 2, 2014
For me, most of the action scenes flowed nicely, but some of the story/characters just didn't work. I found myself not really caring about the younger brother (can't even remember his name now) and all of his angst.
I did like the concept of Red Cell Seven, but I don't think I want to invest the time in reading another book.

Blanca Nieves (Pablo Berger's Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Blanca Nieves (Pablo Berger's Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

3.0 out of 5 stars MISSING THE SONGS I WANTED, April 12, 2013
This soundtrack contains ONLY the original, orchestral music from the film. While it's very nice, I'm really disappointed that the cantes (Flamenco songs) from the film are not included. I made the mistake of assuming they'd be on here.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2013 8:03 PM PDT

Zoo Med BettaTherm Submersible Betta Bowl Heater 7.5 Watts
Zoo Med BettaTherm Submersible Betta Bowl Heater 7.5 Watts
Price: $9.99
27 used & new from $9.98

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD UTILITY HEATER, April 4, 2011
I ordered this in anticipation of using it with a 2nd Betta tank I was planning on starting. After reading the other reviews, I was a little unsure, but thought I'd give it try in the new tank before I actually introduced my as-of-yet-unpurchased new Betta. I currently use the Hydor MINI HEATER Aquarium Heater 7.5 Watts for Tanks 2-5 gal in my first tank, a 2.5 gallon Aqueon Double Sided Black Mini Bow Desktop Aquarium Kit. The Hydor works very well, but doesn't lay as flat as I'd like. The design of the Zoo Med looked more promising.

Upon receiving it though, I had the idea to use it to heat the aged water that I keep on hand for water changes. The 2 gallon container I use stays at about 68 degrees in my apartment. The Zoo Med raises that up to between 74 and 76 degrees, which is just about perfect since the Hydor keeps the Mini Bow between 76 and 78 degrees.

The Zoo Med takes about 12 hours (sometimes a little quicker if the ambient temp in the apartment is warmer) to bring the water to where I want it, but that's OK for me since this is water that I'm aging. As a utility heater, it works great for my purposes. I'm giving it 4 stars since I've never used it in a live aquarium.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2011 10:12 AM PDT

Totes Signature SuperDome Auto Open/Close Umbrella, Black/Cream, One Size
Totes Signature SuperDome Auto Open/Close Umbrella, Black/Cream, One Size
Price: $20.09
9 used & new from $11.79

5.0 out of 5 stars USUALLY HATE UMBRELLAS, BUT..., October 1, 2010
I hate using umbrellas. Walking around Manhattan on a rainy day w/an umbrella just slows you down. Secondly, and more importantly, every time I get an umbrella that I actually like to use, I lose it.

My wife and I were heading to France to visit her family. She told me it would be rainy at the time of year we were going, so I went in search of an umbrella. This looked perfect as it promised room enough for 2, yet was very compact when closed. It fit very nicely in my carry-on luggage. Sure enough, when we got to Paris, it was raining. We had just got off the train from Marseille, still kinda jet-lagged and really hungry. Our hotel didn't offer any room service in the evenings, so I grabbed the umbrella and we went out.

I was really very pleasantly surprised at the coverage the umbrella afforded us, keeping us nice and dry. It's a drag to have to get wet when you're already tired and hungry. The auto close is AWESOME! Never had an umbrella with that before and I have to say it's very cool. Additionally, the mesh cover has two elastic loops that allow you to slip in on like you would a backpack, allowing you to carry the umbrella hands-free when not in use. More coolness.

Of course, I ended up losing it when I got back to NY. But I liked it so much that I'm ordering another one today. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2014 10:43 AM PDT