Profile for fredyt123 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 283

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

fredyt123 RSS Feed (Los Angeles)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lucky Brand Men's 361Vintage Straight Leg Jean, Seraphinite,40x34
Lucky Brand Men's 361Vintage Straight Leg Jean, Seraphinite,40x34

1.0 out of 5 stars Lucky Brand is great but watch this model because they are very thin denim, March 3, 2015
I have worn Lucky Brand jeans for years and have never had a problem until this pair arrived. There was a slight tear just above the knee. I didn't know if it was some type of fashion design or ripped due to a return or what??? Anyway, I had them repaired at my cleaners. I noticed this jean type was very thin and lo and behold from bending down and just basic wear they tore along the butt seam. After 3 wears and given the severity of the tear I decided the best bet was to show them the trashcan. My wife was a little ticked off since she had me purchase them as a gift and was demanding that I return them for a replacement. Unfortunately, I have other things to do and have opted to simply try another pair.

SentrySafe SFW123BSC Fingerprint Safe, X-Large
SentrySafe SFW123BSC Fingerprint Safe, X-Large
Price: $297.28

3.0 out of 5 stars A good safe but somewhat inconsistent., February 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As much as I want to provide a higher rating, in all honesty I can't. First of all my unit had a dent on the hinge of where the unit opens. This appeared because it dropped against a heavy item or someone bumped into a pole or some type of heavy equipment. However, the unit works which is the reason I did not return it because it had nothing to do with the operation of the unit.

Secondly, the instruction book doesn't exactly match my unit. After reading and reading and reading I was about to give up because there was no reference on how the fingerprint function works??? However, after looking at a few reviews.....thanks to Don Walton, I was able to see the correct owner's manual via website http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/OwnersManuals/516113.pdf and presto it had instructions on how to operate the fingerprint function. After trying to connect my fingerprint and fifteen minutes later with no luck, I gave up. I may attempt at a later time because that would be a neat function.

The good news is the unit comes with 2 keys because with the code combination working inconsistently and the fingerprint not working, maybe I am just a maroon but I could only imagine if I was in a hurry I would be out of luck because maybe it would open, then again maybe it would not.

The unit is nicely built. I was able to open with the code on the back on the booklet. Additionally I was able to set up my own code with no problem.

This is a great unit for your home or your office. For me, I just need to make sure the functions are 100% workable, so I will need to experiment a few more days hoping to iron out the issues. Overall, a nice looking unit which is very functional (reminds me of a small refrigerator).

I will be updating so wish me luck because it's one thing to have your items secure but another, if you need to quickly retrieve.

All that being said, the fact it has a key may present the reality to ditch the whistles and belles and just open it the old fashioned way. But then again, it is priced to include the premium features and if working 100%, it would be one hell of a unit. I am no electrical engineer but I can handle myself with the basics so I hope to amend the issues of concern with an updated review.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2015 7:39 PM PST

Annex Quad Lock Universal Bike Mount Kit - Black
Annex Quad Lock Universal Bike Mount Kit - Black
Price: $39.95
8 used & new from $35.16

4.0 out of 5 stars A practical mount for your smartphone, February 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Have you ever placed your phone in your pocket thinking it was secure only to have it drop out while you were cycling? Well, it did happen to me and yes once my phone hit the ground my screen was shattered which turned out to be a PIA cause I had to use my insurance to get a new phone.

This device offers a great solution. You simply mount it on your bike (I placed my one the handlebar), place the adhesive mount to your device and you are ready to roll. It uses two plastic ties for securing PLUS 4 rubberband like holders which are perfect. The bottom line is your phone will be more secure and you can actually place it on your bike so it is viewable. In my case, I had a call and when reaching for my phone I dropped it. This surely solves that issue because everything is in eye sight.

Very easy to mount. So far so good but I am continuing to test to durability and I must stay it is exceeding my expectations.

Linksys N600 PRO Wi-Fi Range Extender with Built-In Audio Speaker (RE4100W-4A)
Linksys N600 PRO Wi-Fi Range Extender with Built-In Audio Speaker (RE4100W-4A)
Price: $79.99
2 used & new from $75.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A good Range Extender, February 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you have a wireless connection you will need this device or something like it. That is true is your space is larger than normal or you wish to roam through various parts of the property while getting on line.

I have had a wireless connection for years. As a matter of fact many years ago one of my first units was a Linksys. Back in those days you could purchase a range extender but it worked nothing like this. As a matter of fact I ditched the unit and went with Netgear. The connection was too inconsistent or I just did not hook it up correctly.

My current router is an ATT (same as my provider). My property is a converted four unit compound and my office and communication gear is upstairs in the end of one of the units. I often work outside from my patio, so overall the property is not massive, but larger than most. Through the years I have struggled with a consistent connection especially when I am outside.

As indicated in previous reviews the item is very portable and simply plugs into any wall outlet. That is a major plus!!! While you do not need to be a techie to install the unit, it is nice to have an understanding of how connections work, otherwise you could falsely assume your unit is working/not working. Even I couldn't understand why two connections were showing on my connection screen (my network plus Linksys Extender}??

Here's the deal. Once you plug in the unit a flashing light will appear. After synching or in about 2 minutes the light will become solid. Check your connection and you will see "Linksys Extender." Then with your smartphone or computer when you click on the Linksys connection you will be directed to various configuration screens. This basically is to pair the Linksys product with your connection. Once it completes the Linksys extender will disappear as your primary connection will be "extended." Presto, that is all there is to it. The product operates as advertised, however I will be doing some find tuning to make sure the connections remain consistent.

You do not need any wires as the unit is basically plug and play. I might add the unit does have an plug for your ethernet cable.

The long and short is the technology of the extender provides something that makes sense in attempting to increase range. In the old days you had to place the unit next to your router. What is great about this unit is you move to an area of your property (near the end of where range would be minimal) and be inserting you increase the range FROM THAT SPOT.

BLU Studio 6.0 HD Smartphone - Unlocked - Black
BLU Studio 6.0 HD Smartphone - Unlocked - Black
Price: $149.00
14 used & new from $135.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Once you go BLU you won't go back, February 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I could write a book but I will spare you. A critical question remains; who in their right mind pays for name brands or in this case up to $1,000 or maybe $700 when you could get a similar product for a fraction of the cost? I know the question may seem silly but that is the question for countless consumers.

This device is outstanding. It is called a smartphone or a phablet but to prove a point I took it to my office as a colleague brags about her new iphone 6.1. She even belted how proud she was to pay $900!!!! Anyway, I placed the phones side by side and the BLU is just slightly larger than the iphone 6.1. With the built in battery, which is an iphone trademark you could not tell the phones apart. So whether you are considering a fancy iphone or a NOTE (which are great products), if you are looking for basic options or some alternatives.....BLU may be your answer.

My current phone is a Galaxy S5 which I picked up new approximately 3 months ago. My carrier is T-Mobile. I am very pleased with the device and T-Mobile's service. My basic functions are text, some apps as well as listening to Sirius.

Here's the nuts and bolts of the BLU......

First, I had never heard of the company or phone but considering myself practical, I was looking forward to using the device.

SIM CARD
Set up is pretty basic, however my SIM card would be read or register once I fired up the device. I called T-Mobile and they checked compatibility and assured me everything was in order but suggested my best bet is to go to the T-Mobile store for direct assistance.
After going to the store, it was discovered by SIM card was not the correct size. I needed a larger card, BUT, for $10 they provided a larger SIM card, did their computer magic and presto gave me the phone back as it was working. By the way, I also have a 32GB storage card due to lots of music and photos, videos, etc. The device picked up the storage card with no issues. Moral of this segment is be prepared to spend a few bucks to get a SIM card in the correct size.

The colors are very vibrant and since Android is based on the Google platform usage is a breeze. As a matter of fact once I inserted my SIM Card all my apps and other components loaded with no issues.

The sound is excellent. The phone is lightweight and the design is very trendy. The Andriod system is a standard but very easy to learn.

Nice enhancements
1. The device comes with a protective cover. On my Samsung I had to pay $35 for a case. The fact this is part of the purchase is absolutely great.
2. A set of nice ear buds are included.
3. The power cord including USB adapter is included.
4. The packaging is very solid.
5. The manual is basic but provides enough info for you to understand what you are doing.

BLU has a very nice website which includes support contact and other information you will find handy. The device comes with a nice warranty so no need to worry about getting ripped-off.

This is a great device for the person who is willing to step outside the box and discover the benefits of BLU, without getting hammered at checkout.

Final tip if you are considering this device.....
1. Do your research.
2. There are some great videos on YouTube
3. PC magazine and other tech books have some great reviews.

The question remains even though I am just starting to use the device, I still can't understand how customers allow themselves to go for the hype instead of the reality of a very good product at a very reasonable price?

Also to be fair, I will be updating this review from time to time to give a good perspective of how it functions.

Classic Brands Hercules Standard Adjustable Metal Bed Frame with Locking Rug Rollers
Price: $45.82

5.0 out of 5 stars A well designed bed frame., February 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This item is a snap to assemble. Packaging was very good and I was a bit surprised at the quality of the steel. Very sturdy and well engineered. I arranged fittings for a queen size bed and the fit is perfect. The wheels lock as advertised which make this an outstanding unit, especially if you are looking for a quality frame that appears to be built to last.

As time goes on I will be updating my review but as for now the assemble is great, the look is great and the unit is very functional. One more thing is it fits on various beds; from queen down to twin and has the XL feature if you are looking for unit to accommodate longer lengths.

SilBlade FLX 2422 Premium Beam Wiper Blade Set - 24"/22"
SilBlade FLX 2422 Premium Beam Wiper Blade Set - 24"/22"

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice set of premium blades, February 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Now these are premium blades. Best of all.....assembly is a snap, literally! Directions are provided and for the most part pretty straightforward however with some basic engineering knowledge (or common sense of how things are assembled) you should be able to figure out how to take your existing set of blades off, and insert these new blades. The quality is very good and the rubber is very sturdy. The outer blade even comes with a nice rubber piece which is used for protection but the best report is they can be removed, if that is your desire.

I will be updating this review once I see how they respond to the weather but for now, they look great on my vehicle.

TP-LINK UH700 7-Port USB 3.0 Hub, 5Gbps Transfer Rate with 12V/2.5A Power Adapter, 1-Meter USB 3.0 Cable, Plug and Play
Offered by Network Giant
Price: $29.99
41 used & new from $29.89

5.0 out of 5 stars A great 30 USB adapter which is needed if you operate a laptop or desktop, February 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't imagine anyone who uses a laptop or desktop not to have a USB adapter. The unit is very good and provides most of what you will need to enhance managing your computer needs. It is power-packed with 3.0 speed which is a huge advancement over the traditional 2.0 speed. The transfer rates are efficient and very fast.

The unit is well designed and has a sleek finish. It allows you up to 7 ports and this is huge because many devices rely on a USB connection and most computers lack the capacity. So to have a component which is speedy and accommodates many devices via ports this is a must have product.

The unit is truly plug and play. I am running Windows 8.1 and once I inserted into my computer, it configured very fast and presto I was ready to connect my devices.

Proctor Silex 38526 Electric Skillet
Proctor Silex 38526 Electric Skillet
Price: $24.99
8 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice and practical electrical skillet, February 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very nice electric skillet. The design is very functional and comes with a non stick surface. Perfect for all types of cooking and you can get the heat up to 400 degrees, which is needed for frying. The design is very contemporary and it makes for a nice appliance to add to your kitchen wares. Also, if you do outdoor cooking this is a very nice unit as it is portable and only needs to be plugged into an electrical outlet but due to its design you can also use it as a serving unit.

Briggs & Stratton 85060 6-Gallon Auto Shut Off Gas Can
Briggs & Stratton 85060 6-Gallon Auto Shut Off Gas Can
Price: $19.98
2 used & new from $19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A very sturdy gas container, February 7, 2015
This is a heck of a gas container. The material is very sturdy and the fact it holds up to 6 gallons is a huge plus. It offers a neat spigot to reduce spillage. For the money, he who hesitates is truly foolish???? Great item for the price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20