Profile for D. L. Lederman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. L. Lederman "leahiniowa" RSS Feed (Iowa USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Sudoku Free
Sudoku Free
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars same app I enjoyed using on my android cell., July 13, 2014
This review is from: Sudoku Free (App)
Being a free app there aren't any distracting bells and whistles ; instead you get everything you need to play the game. I have to admit I don't use the "note taking" option on the app, but I don't do that when playing with pencil and paper. I have recently begun to use the 'reset ', 'undo ' and other menu options and find them, on the whole, useful without getting in the way. In all, I'm totally satisfied and doubt that I'll replace it, at least not in the foreseeable future.

Silver plated and enamel red and white electric guitar cufflinks with presentation box
Offered by Cufflinks House
Price: $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't know what to buy my son for his birthday until I found these!, June 12, 2014
I don't know if every 17 year old boy is difficult to buy presents for, but I have the hardest time every year trying to figure out what will bring a huge smile and genuine "Thank you!" from mine.

He likes to dress well and enjoys collecting and wearing cuff links. He has also begun playing electric guitar. Voila!

These cufflinks made everyone happy.

Marchioro Konya 3 Food / Litter Scoop, Large
Marchioro Konya 3 Food / Litter Scoop, Large
Price: $14.20
3 used & new from $3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh yes, it IS large!!!, June 12, 2014
I originally bought this scoop for use in my bags of ferret food. When it arrived I realized that this scoop could hold most of the kibble in the bag!

So now it is a fabulous scoop for my large containers of Yesterday's News litter!

Body Oil Egyptian Sandalwood Fragrance
Body Oil Egyptian Sandalwood Fragrance
Offered by Deen Avenue
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Strong sandalwood scent but not what I expected, June 12, 2014
I have been buying Egyptian sandalwood for over 30 years. What I find special about this particular type of sandalwood oil is that the "woody" scent takes a back seat to a spicy, almost cinnamon-type fragrance. The first vendor I bought it from oh so long ago called it "Arabic Sandalwood," but over the years I've found that it tends to be labeled "Egyptian Sandalwood" oil. This has a nice sandalwood aroma if that is what you want, but I could have bought a similar oil in my local food coop. I think it should just be labeled "sandalwood oil."

Keeble Outlets One Dozen (12) Kitchen Dish Towels - Gold - High Quality, Low Lint, Professional Grade 24 oz., 100% Cotton Tea Towel With Herringbone Weave for Exceptional Absorption. Use The Kitchen Towel Preferred by Professional Chefs Around the World - 25.5 in. x 14.5 in.
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $14.39

4.0 out of 5 stars They do the job!, June 12, 2014
I usually try not to buy white kitchen towels, because I cook a great deal. I'm blessed with a largish family to cook for. Families often have children and grandchildren who spill and drop things and want to cook their own eggs, etc., so these towels have to stand up to a good deal of abuse.

However, I got them via an amazing lightning deal and am glad I did. I see that, at least with these towels, my concerns about stains and/or dingy fabric were exaggerated.

In short, they are handy and I am glad I have them.

Ark Royal
Ark Royal
Price: $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars When does the sequel come out?, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Ark Royal (Kindle Edition)
I could tell from the moment I read the blurb describing the plot line and characters that this would be a fun read. Okay, I know the idea has been used before and again, but's because the idea of washed-out underdogs triumphing when all else fails is just so much fun! And there's always room to flesh out the characters and plot in a way that the novel seems fresh.

When I read, at the end of the book, that Nuttal wanted to know if readers wanted a sequel, my jaw dropped. Amazing! - partly because I really want to see what he pulls out of his hat for the next book and partly because he wants the opinions of his readers.

Please - keep on going!

Cream Of Wheat Whole Grain Hot Cereal (2 1/2 Minute Cook Time), 18-oz. Boxes (Pack of 3 Boxes)
Offered by Shopping Solution
Price: $28.99
4 used & new from $20.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes better than the refined variety, March 24, 2014
I first discovered this cereal at a store somewhere. I say somewhere, because I've been looking all around where I live and cannot find a store which is stocking it! Cream of Wheat is comfort food, but when it's full of refined starch even before many people add sugar, butter or milk - I don't even what to think about the nutritional fallout!

(I do admit that I cook it with low-fat milk and use raisins to sweeten it.)

A couple of other comments (Hey, I'm reviewing Cream of Wheat, for goodness' sakes! Of course it's going to be a short review.): Even when using water, this cereal takes longer than 2 1/2 minutes to cook. Even if you start timing it just after you add the cereal to the hot water, it takes much more than 2 1/2 minutes.

Second comment: I really do like it much better than the original Cream of Wheat.

A Learning Experience
A Learning Experience
Price: $3.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ol' boys and UFO's? Well, really! (Sequel vote here!), March 24, 2014
I understand what people are saying in the reviews which point out 1) the didactic tone; 2) political attitudes of the characters, plus 3)belief that the characters didn't grow or develop. But it didn't bother me or detract from my appreciation of the book.

Nuttall pulled me into the book pretty quickly; as a result of this, I took the characters as they were. Yes, they had political/social beliefs - but everybody has opinions. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I took their beliefs as part of the character's personalities. I did not get the feeling that they were puppets speaking Nuttall's opinions. And yes, some of the characters' had attitudes I don't agree with; e.g., the one of the main characters had what I consider wacky beliefs about marriage.

In fact, this helped me understand that character's feelings and responses later. Anybody who views legal marriage (and one doesn't have to have a marriage license to be married, in my opinion) as a "man trap" is definitely flaky enough to consider genocide as a gut reaction to his lover's abduction. And I can believe that a man raised to be self-sufficient on a ranch in Montana could have deep feelings he didn't outwardly express - there were many comments about "him being down on himself," or "depressed," or "questioning his own judgment." I'm a fast reader and I jump from book to book, so my memory can fault me, but I think there were one or two points in the novel where he doubts his leadership abilities and asks someone else to take over.

There were many other instances where the characters showed depth of character and that they had a good sense that the Pandora's box they opened were too much for them. They offered to help other people who wanted to colonize the solar system.

The latter half (or so) of the book was very entertaining as they managed to rout the species which was their first contact and go on to find allies in a very large, very messy, galactic society.

I am definitely looking forward to reading more. Now that the plot came into full bloom during the last part of the novel I have a strong desire to find out what happens next.

Chanuka/Hanukkah Milk Chocolate Gold Gelt Coins - NUT FREE Delicious Tasting Belgian Chocolate
Offered by Need Judaica
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars KASHRUS ALERT! READ MY REVIEW!!! AMAZON!!! READ THIS REVIEW!!!, December 1, 2013
KASHRUS ALERT! I ordered two boxes of this Gelt and did NOT get Paskesz chocolate. I got two boxes of Nut-free Dairy Belgian chocolate by ANOTHER VENDOR with the TRIANGLE-K DAIRY certification. AND, unsurprisingly, they are NOT certified Cholov Yisroel.

Amazon made a BIG ERROR! These products should NOT say they are Paskesz if the vendor is not going to ship Paskesz. And guess what? According to Amazon, I cannot return these boxes!

I have a house full of children who keep cholov yirsoel and must eat nut-free chocolate. Further, one of them is supposed to bring the gelt to a school party. I'm hoping we can find him another nut-free product that will make everyone happy.

I want to say that the vendor - JUDAICA DISCOUNT CENTER - has been COMPLETELY UNDERSTANDING about this. I don't know if I can review a vendor, but if I can, I'll give them 5 stars.

(Sorry about the caps. I don't know how to use a bold or italic font when entering text on a website like this.)

******I just went back to look at my review and NOW a completely different vendor is being used!!!!******

Cocoons M Black/Gray
Cocoons M Black/Gray
Price: $49.95
9 used & new from $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and comfortable, December 1, 2013
I've been wearing sunglasses over my prescription lenses for years, after I encountered a pair of a different company at a stand in a mall. They didn't look great, but they worked and didn't look too outlandish. I am fair in coloring and the sun has always caused my eyes discomfort.

I went through a couple pairs of this other kind fairly quickly until one day, through sheer chance, my search for a new pair came up with Cocoons. I could see a big improvement immediately. The material was superior and felt more comfortable. Even though there isn't that much room for improvement when styling this type of eyewear, subtle changes in design helped me feel more that I was wearing a pair of women's sunglasses instead of those of a truck driver. Plus, the other brand came in a crude, canvas style bag. Cocoons come in a case which indicates that some care is put into preserving their product.

I am rough on my sunglasses and, in general, don't bother to put them in their case. Thus said, they last a good few years before the scratches make them blurry. I literally "don't leave home without them".

Recently I went to a sunglasses store in a mall and browsed around, looking for styles that might fit over my glasses. When I asked the vendor if he sold any of this type, he said, "We don't sell Fitovers."

My response: "These aren't Fitovers. They're Cocoons."

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8