Profile for L. H. from Dallas > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. H. from Dallas RSS Feed (Dallas, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BBQ Butler Premium Heat Resistant Oven Gloves (2 Gloves)
BBQ Butler Premium Heat Resistant Oven Gloves (2 Gloves)
Offered by Cool Stuff Quick
Price: $24.95
3 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than potholders!, January 28, 2015
If you have ever struggled with potholders, then you'll love these gloves.

1. There are two of them, so you can use both hands and have full dexterity.
2. They are big enough that large hands can fit inside (although my wife complains that they seem very big to her -- but they protect her hands and wrist!)
3. The silicone strips on the gloves are super grippy.

You can also use them for picking up logs that are on fire in a campfire, or adjusting your hot BBQ grill while it is burning, taking out hot lightbulbs, etc.

Really cool gloves.

aLOKSAK ALOK3-3.7x7 THREE-PACK 3.7"x7" RE-SEALABLE PROTECTIVE POUCHES FOR LARGE SMARTPHONES OUTER DIMENSIONS 3.75" x 7", INNER DIMENSIONS 3.5" X 6.5": Hermetic Seal protects your electronics, personal items, Wallets, Credit Cards & Passports, Medications & Toiletries, Keyless Entry Devices, Silver, Cell phones, Maps & Documents, Batteries, Global Positioning Devices, Evidence Storage, Compact Discs, Ice & Food and much more from exposure to the environment. aLOKSAK is the only re-sealable, flexible storage bag offering protection from all the elements. prevents air, humidity, water, snow, dust and sand from harming your valuables. Certified waterproof to 60 meters / 200 feet. Touch Screen electronics work while Protected in the aLOKSAK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my iPhone 6., January 23, 2015
My iPhone 6 with a thin case fits inside just fine, with plenty of room to spare.

I was previously using a smaller size of these with my iPhone 5S. The smaller size would barely fit the 6 phone by itself inside, but a case on the phone made it so that the ziplock wouldn't close. So I upgraded to this larger size.

The ziplock shuts easily on this size.

These are the best bags ever. I use them while cycling. I put my phone in the back jersey pocket and don't have to worry about sweat or rain.

EKSEL COOL Oven Gloves, great for oven grill barbecue microwave fireplace cooking camping - One size fits all - super grip non slip silicone - heat resistant - The COOL Gloves - 2 Pack Perfect gift
Offered by eksel1
Price: $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dexterity and heat protection, January 21, 2015
I hate pot holders. I always either burn myself, or almost drop the hot pan or pot because I can't get a decent grip.

These oven gloves are awesome. As soon as I got them, I put them on and went and picked up a giant pot of boiling black eyed peas, just to see how they worked. Totally grippy, and completely protected me from the heat of the pot. It would have been very scary and difficult to try that with regular potholders.

The package had some good ideas too, like campfires, changing hot lightbulbs and using while BBQing.

I wish I would have bought these a long time ago, but I didn't even realize they existed.

iPhone 6 Case, [Scratch Resistant] i-Blason **Clear** [Halo Series] Apple iPhone 6 4.7 inch Hybrid Bumper Case Cover (Clear)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the grip, January 18, 2015
I bought several cases at once, because I was looking for one thing -- a good grip.

The new iPhone 6 is super slippery because of the rounded edges, and I found myself constantly almost dropping it or actually dropping it.

Even though this is one of the least expensive cases, the plastic on the sides have more grip than the other ones I tried, which didn't have much more grip than the phone itself.

How much grip? I'd say maybe 30 to 50 percent better than the phone by itself. It's not incredible grip. But it's an improvement.

Although the sides are grippy, it still slides in and out of my pocket without major problems.

I personally hate using a case and like to use my iphone the way it comes. But the 6 is too slippery, so I settled for this.

Good, minimalist case that still fits ok in your pocket, probably provides some decent protection, but is easier to hold than the phone by itself.

Serfas Twin 1/2 Watt USB Rechargeable Taillight
Serfas Twin 1/2 Watt USB Rechargeable Taillight
Price: $29.95
4 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, bright taillight, January 17, 2015
Very bright. Lasts a long time between charges. And easy to recharge with USB. A great bicycle taillight.

T6X2 Flashlight Kit: 1600 Lumen Ultra Bright LED Flashlight with Zoom and 5 Light Modes - Includes XML-T6 LED Flashlight, 2 Rechargeable Batteries, Battery Charger and a Battery Case - An Ideal Tactical LED Flashlight or General Use Flashlight
Offered by EcoGear FX
Price: $59.99
4 used & new from $28.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Good flashlight for the price, January 17, 2015
The cool surprise with for me with this flashlight is that it also came with a second small CREE mini flashlight in the box. That extra was a nice touch, and I didn't notice it was described in the bullet points, so it was unexpected.

Tips for both flashlights. A hard click turns it on and off, but you can softly tap the button on the back and it will cycle between light settings. Brightest, not as bright, and some blinking light settings, including an SOS setting.

The part on the front of the flashlight pulls in and out to adjust the focus of the beam, from really wide and diffused, down to a small square light pattern that is very focused.

I am not convinced of 1600 lumens, because I also have a Serfas True 500 (lumen) bike light that I ride with. I put them side by side, and I felt that my bike light was brighter. My bike light is extremely bright though, and was a $100 light new, so maybe it's just better engineered because it costs so much more.

It's also a little bigger than I expected from the photo.

If you are one of those people who say that the light isn't very bright, make sure you have it in the correct mode by cycling through the light settings! That will probably fix your problem.

Duncan Flying Panda - Yellow
Duncan Flying Panda - Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly oversized, nice soft rubbery rings, January 8, 2015
This review is from: Duncan Flying Panda - Yellow (Toy)
Great slightly oversized yoyo with rubbery edges that feels great in your hand. Pretty decent choice for learning offstring, although it isn't as big as some of the pure offstring yoyos. It has a ball bearing axle, for long spin times. This is a good Duncan yoyo.

Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS-Enabled Unisex Sport Watch (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Arapahoe
Price: $117.00
53 used & new from $64.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, simple, works., December 13, 2014
Picks up a signal pretty fast.

Simple, with just a couple of screens.

Great for running with. I use it to upload runs to Strava

Spin Bin 60 Gallon Compost Tumbler (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Spin Bin 60 Gallon Compost Tumbler (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Original design is still fine, December 13, 2014
This is the old, discontinued version of the Spin Bin, with the single axle. The new version has a double axle and improved stand.

I've had the original in my backyard, and it does just fine. Vertical models get hard to flip when they are full, but you can still do it with a little swinging and effort.

La Crosse Technology WT-3143A-INT 14-Inch Atomic Wall Clock, Black
La Crosse Technology WT-3143A-INT 14-Inch Atomic Wall Clock, Black
Price: $23.99
23 used & new from $16.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps time, looks great., December 13, 2014
Got a signal within an hour of putting in the battery, and has kept perfect time since it set itself on the first day.

Nice and big so you can see it from across the room. Good, classic design looks great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3