Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Dave D > Reviews

Browse

Dave D's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dave D RSS Feed

Garmin nüvi 3597LMTHD 5-Inch Portable Bluetooth Vehicle GPS with Lifetime Maps and HD Traffic
Offered by Electromax
Price: $445.00
16 used & new from $288.70

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is amazing!, June 29, 2013
This is unit is miles ahead of my last Garmin which was about 5 years old. Things I really like are: 1) The instant magnetic attaching system. 2) The voice command - it recognizes both my wife's and my voices. It hasn't made a mistake yet. 3) The traffic feature is awesome. Found out there was stopped traffic ahead some 8 miles before we got there. 4) The graphic "picture" of upcoming exits is also amazingly accurate. Makes it much harder to accidentally miss an exit or get in the wrong lane. All in all, we could not be more pleased. It greatly exceeds what our expectations were. Sometimes new technology is not all it's "cracked up to be", but this one really is!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2013 5:33 AM PDT

Toshiba Portégé R835-P94 13.3-Inch Laptop (Magnesium Blue)
Toshiba Portégé R835-P94 13.3-Inch Laptop (Magnesium Blue)
3 used & new from $555.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Computer problem - bad support, September 11, 2012
After purchasing this laptop for my daugher for college, at first we were quite happy with it. She used it for about two months. However, just a few weeks before school was to start, it developed a problem wherein the computer would shut off when disconnected from charger - as if there was no battery at all, even though it showed 100% and charging. When talking to a support person, it was concluded that I would have to return the computer to them for repair. They told me it would be in the "Depot" for 7-10 business days. I explained the need to have it back quickly because of college starting. It fell on deaf ears, because he said it will still be the standard 7-10 days. They sent shipping materials and it was sent back the same day. Well, it will soon be a month now, and their repair status page showed that the repair was completed, and that it was being prepared for shipping. After hearing and receiving nothing, checking back on the status page showed that the computer was back in repair again. There is no way of contacting them about the repair, either by telephone or by email. All they do after several telephone prompts is refer me back to the repair status page. I will never again purchase another Toshiba product. Buyer beware... if you have a problem, don't rely on Toshiba to fix it. My daughter has been at college now for two+ weeks, and without a computer thanks to Toshiba. Who knows how much longer it will be.

By way of update... after contacting Toshiba by way of their website feedback (the only way I could find to send them a message), they did respond and informed me that the computer did not pass the testing phase and had to be sent back to repair - and they were waiting on parts. This is the kind of thing they need to keep their customers "in the loop" about, but failed to do so. A lady there named Julie personally looked into my case, and I think sped things along. Bottom line is that the computer was returned in good working order. From the day I shipped it to Toshiba until the day I had it back was 1 month and 1 day.

Casio Exilim EX-H20G 14.1 MP Digital Camera with Hybrid GPS (Black) with 8GB Card + (2) Batteries + Case + Tripod + Cleaning & Accessory Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate GPS, great photos, August 16, 2011
I have been totally impressed with this camera. The photos are great, and the GPS feature is extremely accurate. My camera picks up full strength GPS signal in less than a minute. The reason I purchased this camera is for genealogy research. I visit many cemeteries, some of them rather large. The GPS information combined with Google Earth (linked through Picasa), or GeoSetter, gives such accurate infomation, a single gravestone can easily be located in a large cemetery. I have only tried recording video once, and only briefly, so I cannot comment extensively about that. The battery has surprisingly long life compared to my old camera which really went through batteries. The camera feels really solid and well built. There are only two small negatives that I could comment on... 1- the camera is a bit on the small side. It will fit in a front shirt pocket (good), but my hands are all over and around it when using it (bad). 2- the altitude information in the GPS data is calibrated in meters. I have contacted the manufacturer, and at present there is no way to change it to feet, but I really don't need that information anyway. I am extremely happy with my purchase.