Profile for Crystal Adkins > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 219

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Crystal Adkins "Crystal's book reviews" RSS Feed (Ashland, KY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Viva Labs Organic Coconut Flour: Non-GMO, and Gluten-Free, 4 lb Bag
Viva Labs Organic Coconut Flour: Non-GMO, and Gluten-Free, 4 lb Bag
Price: $23.95
6 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars and I tried to figure out the best way to try all of the ingredients seperatly and ..., August 4, 2014
I tried to figure out the best way to try all of the ingredients
seperatly and together. I ended up making organic banana bread by using the coconut
The Chia Seeds and Maca Powder were new ingredients to me, I had never
heard of them, but upon looking on Pinterest, there are several things you can do
of a salad or yogurt. They're not really strong flavored, but for me
they added texture.But if they sit too long, they kind of get a gel like texture
but it's not off putting. The Maca powder upon researching has a lot of positive
health benefits, some people even use it for fertility shakes, however I am in
no need of fertility but I thought the best way to try the Maca was to put it into a
shake because the smell is strong. I used it and the Cacao powder, almond milk, a banana and
almond butter and it was surprisingly good.
I am always impressed with Viva Labs products. They're always fresh and best of all organic,
they also have a 1800 number that you can call for recipes or any questions about the products.

Viva Labs Organic Coconut Sugar: Non-GMO, Low-Glycemic Sweetener, 1lb Bag
Viva Labs Organic Coconut Sugar: Non-GMO, Low-Glycemic Sweetener, 1lb Bag
Offered by Premium Vitamins

5.0 out of 5 stars and I tried to figure out the best way to try all of the ingredients seperatly and ..., August 4, 2014

Viva Labs Organic Cacao Powder: Raw and Non-GMO, 1lb Bag
Viva Labs Organic Cacao Powder: Raw and Non-GMO, 1lb Bag
Price: $18.95
8 used & new from $10.99

almond butter and it was surprisingly good.

Viva Labs Organic Maca Powder: Gelatinized for Enhanced Bioavailability, Non-GMO, 1lb Bag
Price: $29.79

Viva Labs Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 Ounce
Price: $18.95
21 used & new from $12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Many uses, November 3, 2013
I was sent this Coconut oil for review, and it smells very light and clean. You can use it as a lotion, (it did wonders for my dry elbows) you can use it to cook with, and it's more healthy than the vegetable oil I usually use, and you can even use it in your hair and it doesn't get all gunky. I really like this coconut oil, and was glad that I was chosen to review it. Having never used Coconut Oil before, I didn't know what I was missing!

One Snowy Knight (Dragons of Challon, Book 3)
One Snowy Knight (Dragons of Challon, Book 3)
by Deborah MacGillivray
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $5.99
101 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent!, October 18, 2009
One Snowy Knight by Deborah MacGillivray

Scotland- 1296 Winter has come early this year and with the drought in summer, Craigendan Keep's food supply is extremely low. Lady Skena MacIain is a widower with two small children, managing the whole keep since her husband's death. While she may be strong, and can take on many a burden, she is still a woman in need of love and a man's presence to take control and replenish what the people of Cragendan need. Born of Ogilvie blood, she is blessed with the kenning, but it has never been strong enough to amount to anything until now; when the children's Yuletide wish comes true.

Noel de Servian, had lost both of his parents at a young age, and was taken in by the Challon's, he grew up alongside some of the strongest warriors that he has ever known; yet he's never known real true love. While he may not be blood, he was still considered a Dragon of Challon. After his service to King Edward, he was awarded Craigendan Keep and the title of Baron. Noel had no idea that fate has big plans for him. After waking to a woman standing before him wielding a sword against a hungry wolf, Skena MacIain was all he could think about. While Noel and Skena have a special bond that forms very quickly, he has a secret that may upset Skena enough to leave this Dragon out in the cold licking his wounds.

The past is haunting to Skena, around every bend she sees her dead husband Angus, and someone is out to hurt her. She may very well be fully head over heels smitten with the beautiful Norman-English man in her bed, but she has worked much too hard to give up Craigendan. Two lives can come together as one, but the truth MUST be revealed, and it's going to hurt.

Deborah MacGillivray never disappoints with her Historical Romances. I fall so in love with the characters and am always left wanting more. The next books in her series' are not on the shelf fast enough. Beautifully detailed, warm, and inviting, I could cozy up with Ms. MacGillivray's books no matter the season, this one just happens to be perfect for winter. I can't say anything more than, thank you Deborah for creating such a magical and perfect world that you share with your readers. 5 Hearts

Pelican Point: a Webb Sawyer Mystery
Pelican Point: a Webb Sawyer Mystery
by Douglas Quinn
Price: $16.95
15 used & new from $13.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Webb Sawyer, September 9, 2009
Pelican Point: A Webb Sawyer Mystery by Douglas Quinn

Pelican Point brings you back to Blue Heron Marsh, the home of Webb Sawyer. If you've read the previous two books in the series, then you're already quite familiar with how Webb gets into `sticky situations', and if you have yet to read them, then you have to start with the first book or you'll be completely lost. Now get ready for a lot of fishing, friends, and of course Grolsch.

Pelican Point of course has the usual list of characters from past books, but Webb's son, Preston, plays a much more prominent role in this novel. He is a suspect in a murder case when after one night of studying, he sees Jacques Girvan, a college professor, dead in his office. Preston decides to dig into the murder, in turn he finds himself in a much more delicate situation than he, Webb, or his girlfriend, Sunshine, ever expect. I'll say this, like father, like son... even though Preston would never admit it.

A run in with a Columbian punk, knocked on the back of the head, assassination attempts, and disturbing secrets, make Pelican Point the most explosive novel in the series. There may even be a girl for Webb... is it Nan, his on again off again bed buddy?

While Douglas Quinn focuses on Webb's military experience more in this book than any of the others, it makes Webb seem more 3D, more real. I also liked his twist, although it may be distasteful to some, it is much more graphically explained and possibly something that really does happen in the world. Intrigued? Read Pelican Point to find out what I mean.
I do have to say, toward the middle and mostly at the end, there were grammatical/editorial errors that I caught, they were not huge errors but enough to make me re-read the sentence a few times. Other than that, another great mystery in the life of Mr. Webb Sawyer. 4.5 Hearts

L.A. Heat
L.A. Heat
by P. A. Brown
18 used & new from $14.05

4.0 out of 5 stars M/M suspence/mystery, August 16, 2009
This review is from: L.A. Heat (Paperback)
L.A. Heat by P.A. Brown

LAPD Homicide Detective, David Laine has been investigating a string murder cases that follows the path of a serial killer, but it is about to get a lot more personal. David is still "in the closet" hiding his sexual preference from everyone, his co-workers, family, and even his partner, Martinez. When he begins following leads on this murder case, all fingers seem to point to Chris Bellamere, but David can not help being attracted to him, no matter how wrong it is if he's a suspect, and it could be the undoing to the cover he's tried so hard to keep.

The complete opposite of David, Chris Bellamere is clearly and openly gay. He goes from one night stand to the next with dark haired good looking men, and is not ready to commit to just one man. A recent turn of events makes him a suspect for murder, and he begins to get closer to the leading Detective; closer than either of them anticipates. And he finds himself getting closer to the real murderer...

L.A. Heat by P.A. Brown is a male/male suspense with a little, I wouldn't call it romance but well, heat. I'm not usually a fan of m/m novels, but this one wasn't too overly detailed for me. The story takes a while to really get into, and the capitalized first couple of words in each chapter are distracting, I can't figure out why those words are in caps. Otherwise, I can tell Ms. Brown has really done her homework when it comes to the Detective work and background. Her characters are very life like and I could feel the emotion behind them, especially when David finally can be himself. 4 Hearts

A Wolf in Wolf's Clothing
A Wolf in Wolf's Clothing
by Deborah MacGillivray
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
84 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Spectacular!, July 25, 2009
A Wolf in Wolf's Clothing by Deborah MacGillivray

Trevelyn Sinclair Mershan blames the Montgomerie family for what happened to his family when he was a child. Now he is out for revenge, and is going straight to Raven Montgomerie. A wolf on the prowl, and little red riding hood in his sights, Trev always gets what he wants. Although this time will be different, he'll lose a piece of himself... to her.

Raven Montgomerie is a wealthy woman in name, but she lives in a thatched roof cabin on the Colford lands. She has hidden herself from the world because the man she married and now divorced ruined her self esteem, and the only way to protect herself is to stay hidden within her cottage, painting. When she is confronted by her ex Alec, at the auction, Trev pretends to be her date. Raven was bedazzled by the man and his eyes, and since she had hidden away for five years, it was time to throw caution to the wind and accept the wolf into her bed.

A gift from her sister, a Gypsy fortune teller, will change Raven and Trev's life forever. She may be a beautifully carved game of sorts, but there is more to her than meets the eye. Auld souls, searching for the happy ending that should have been, will try and make it full circle this time around. Trev Mershan will have to make some major changes in his very expensive life, and allow Raven into his heart. Or else history will repeat itself and Annie and Tashian will meet an undesirable fate.

Deborah MacGillivray's third book in the Sisters of Colford Hall series, A Wolf in Wolf's Clothing, is nothing short of spectacular! I loved her use of animal characters, the cats, the miniature pony, and especially her one legged pelican, Atticus. Every time I read one of Ms. MacGillivray's books I am filled with a sense of love, and complete connection with the hero and heroine. Once I read that very last page, I instantly want more and know that there are more books to come. My review can not do this book justice. I didn't even speak of the Gypsy family that visits Colford, the vampire hunter/Gypsy Brishen, and the complete change in both Raven and Trev. Those my dears, are something you must find out for yourself. 5 Hearts

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20