Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for AC > Reviews

Browse

AC's Profile

Customer Reviews: 167

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AC RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
smavco Bundle 500mAh DBE-900A Battery for DORO Phone easy 618 Plus 12" short Flat Micro USB  Cable
smavco Bundle 500mAh DBE-900A Battery for DORO Phone easy 618 Plus 12" short Flat Micro USB Cable
Price: $16.96
3 used & new from $15.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit DORO Phone Easy 618, April 30, 2016
This battery does not fit my husband's DOROPhone Easy 618. It is not the same size. He needed it to extend the use of his phone while traveling in an area with very limited opportunities to recharge. We are living in tow days, and now we have to take the time to return this and try to find one locally. What a pain. The product description needs to be rewritten.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars The best I've found, April 3, 2016
With every year's version of TurboTax, there are some oddities and inconveniences. This year, however, I had a lot less trouble than I expected as I navigated a major change in income that came with retirement. I only had to go to the IRS website a couple of times to clarify a couple of details. No complaints.

Essick Air 1970 Humidifier Bacteriostatic Treatment, 1-Quart
Essick Air 1970 Humidifier Bacteriostatic Treatment, 1-Quart
Price: $5.99
18 used & new from $4.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, April 3, 2016
It keeps the slime from growing, and it isn't harsh like Clorox.

Calm Within: Music for Relaxation of Body and Mind
Calm Within: Music for Relaxation of Body and Mind
Price: $8.90
14 used & new from $7.07

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring can be OK, April 3, 2016
Nothing too imaginative here, just bubble gum for the mind while you try to drift off to sleep.

Women's 6-pc Handkerchiefs (Print # 11) in Floral Print 100% Cotton with Scalloped Edge in 3 Colors
Offered by Born To...
Price: $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't sure how I'd like using handkerchiefs, April 3, 2016
I wasn't sure how I'd like using handkerchiefs. It seemed so unsanitary. Now that I've used them for several weeks, I always tuck one into my pocket when I go out into our pollen-filled air. They're really no dirtier than the tissues that I used to use all day. And unlike tissues, if I leave one in my pocket, I don't find shreds of it all through the laundry. If I've given them hard use, I usually do rinse them before throwing them into the laundry. Or I just wash them by hand and hang them in the bathroom. I'll use them on an upcoming wilderness trip, where they will be much less bulky to carry than a box of tissues and a bag of used tissues.

I wish they were a little softer, but they are more absorbent than I expected. If you had a severe cold, you would probably run through the 6-pack in a day, but for normal drippy noses, they're fine.

Idahoan Premium Hash Browns
Idahoan Premium Hash Browns
Offered by Exodus Wholesale
Price: $5.80
3 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and tasty, April 3, 2016
The previous two reviews were based on the price. I'm going to review the product for its quality, because I think we all understand that it costs Amazon more to ship an item to an individual's home than it costs Wal-Mart to ship it to their local store, and if Amazon wants to stay in business, they need to recover the cost of shipping. If I mailed these potatoes to someone a hundred miles away, I would expect to pay $4 or $5 postage. I buy these potatoes on sale at my local grocery store and use Amazon for the stuff it's hard for me to find locally.

I don't like hash browns, so I don't use these potatoes for that. I add them to soups and stews, or serve them topped with veggies and meat. They are the base for a lot of backcountry meals that I cook over a single burner camp stove. After soaking, they cook pretty quickly. They taste like potatoes, not chemicals. They're not too salty, and the texture is good, not rubbery or mushy. For some reason, they are more filling and satisfying than the same size portion of instant mashed potatoes. These potatoes + a dehydrated veggie + a pack of tuna, or some bacon bits = dinner.

Osprey UltraLight Raincover, Shadow Grey, X-Large
Osprey UltraLight Raincover, Shadow Grey, X-Large
Price: Click here to see our price
20 used & new from $26.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit 38L external frame Kelty pack, March 12, 2016
My beloved 38L Kelty external frame pack has accompanied me for thousands of miles, and I doubt I'll ever replace it, but it's time for a new pack cover. I thought I'd go lightweight and replace my worn out 300D nylon cover with this 40D nylon model, which I found at a local outfitter. It's an excellent quality rain cover, very light weight, and I love the way the stuff sack is sewn into the edge so it can't get lost. I bought the XL size, but it doesn't fit over the frame of my pack when fully loaded. I'm disappointed that I'm going to have to find something else.

Sanwood Toe Exercise Barre Sock Pilates Yoga Socks with Grip for Girl Women
Sanwood Toe Exercise Barre Sock Pilates Yoga Socks with Grip for Girl Women
Offered by eroute66
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth trying, March 6, 2016
These fit my size 8-1/2 feet very comfortably. It's a little difficult getting each toe into the proper hole, but then the toes are nicely spread out so they get some exercise along with the rest of my body. My feet are a little chilly with the open tops, but in summer they will be fine. The nonskid dots really do help prevent slips and falls. Also, the socks provide just a tiny bit of cushioning for my left heel, which sometimes gets sore when working out barefoot on a hard floor.

Plan Your Estate
Plan Your Estate
by Denis Clifford
Price: $33.98
68 used & new from $22.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Just one small caveat, March 6, 2016
This review is from: Plan Your Estate (Paperback)
This book provides a good overview of all aspects of estate planning. I knew basically nothing before reading this book, and was pretty well informed by the time I finished.

The book encourages readers to write their own wills without hiring a lawyer. From the information in the book, I decided to try, although there is one aspect of planning my estate that is a bit more complex than the average person's. I bought Nolo's software, only to find that the software didn't handle my situation adequately. I thought about buying the publisher's software for setting up a trust, but my financial advisor strongly encouraged me to hire an attorney. I made an appointment with one who was well-recommended. The results were well worth the cost. He had a simple, creative and no-nonsense suggestion that I never would have come up with.

I didn't give this book 5 stars because I feel that it downplays the possibility that the reader might actually need an attorney, thus encouraging people to spend additional money buying one or even two software packages.

I do want to thank Amazon for having this book in the rental program, because once your estate is set up, you aren't going to need this book again. Even if you update your will, you'll want updated information. Renting the book allowed me to read it at a reasonable cost.

Columbia Silver Ridge Convertible Pant, 32x30, Tusk
Columbia Silver Ridge Convertible Pant, 32x30, Tusk
Price: $44.00
7 used & new from $44.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for female hikers, too, March 6, 2016
I am a woman who does a lot of hiking and backpacking in humid, rainy climates. My old convertible nylon pants are worn so thin that they are transparent when wet. I found that women's hiking pants have changed in the last several years, and not for the benefit of serious hikers. It's always been difficult to find women's pants with nice big pockets, but the women's pants I looked at had pockets that would barely hold a kleenex. Most of them had very low waistbands that sat just above the hip, where my backpack would push the pants down over my butt. The zippers were placed too high, where the pants would ride up when worn as shorts. And almost all of them contain Spandex, which stays wet for days if I happen to sit on a wet log.

I found an all-nylon pair at a large outfitter (the one known by its three initials, which start with R), but they didn't fit well--too big in the waist, too tight in the thighs, and the color had a militaristic olive drab sheen that wasn't visible in the picture on the outfitter's website.

To avoid return shipping, I took a long excursion to the outfitters, where I shopped around and found these. The 32Wx30L fits me pretty well. Not too loose on my 31" waist and just the right length. They are not as roomy in the seat and thighs as my old pants, but definitely more roomy than a pair of Columbia's women's "Palmerton Peak" size 10 pants that I found at a local outlet mall. The nylon is a bit thinner than I would like, but the ripstop weave looks like it should do the job, and they will be cool in summer, with enough room for a pair of silk long johns on chilly wet days. The zippers are at the length of Bermuda shorts, a good length for my chubby legs. Best of all, there are 6 REALLY NICE BIG pockets.

I remembered seeing these pants on Amazon at a better price, so I came home and ordered a pair immediately. By selecting the color "tusk" I was able to save $20. The color is exactly as pictured on the website, and I'm so satisfied I ordered another pair.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17