Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Internet shopper > Reviews

Browse

Internet shopper's Profile

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Internet shopper "Retired but not tired!" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Duracell Procell 9 Volt Batteries, Pack of 12
Duracell Procell 9 Volt Batteries, Pack of 12
Offered by Super Medical Supply
Price: $15.85
42 used & new from $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars They will not hold the charge, January 5, 2016
Voltage had dropped on 4 out of 12 after two years of storage in the Procell box. They still had half a year left on the Best Before Date.
I can not recommend these batteries.
They claim a 7 year shelf life.
However batteries had only 3 years shelf life left when I received them.
I will not purchase from MPDirect again.

D-Link DCS-942L Record & Playback Wi-Fi Camera (White)
D-Link DCS-942L Record & Playback Wi-Fi Camera (White)
Offered by Smart-Set
Price: Click here to see our price
54 used & new from $63.99

5.0 out of 5 stars DCS-942L- One of the most capable WiFi cameras out there, December 29, 2015
First let me tell you D-link has one of the best Technical Support service I have ever experienced.
I had problem with some of the cameras from D-Link. 24/7 LIVE customer service always there to help you.

Anyway after sorting out the initial issues I have found the a camera that works the way I wanted.
- Stores video in the camera on the SD card
- Receive alarms anywhere in the world
- Access recorded videos from anywhere in the world
- FULL access to the camera settings from anywhere in the world (no need to have a PC running at home)

To avoid problems follow these setup instructions:
Setup and Registration on MyDlink for remote access (using any router)

• Connect PC to router via Wifi* (make sure you have internet access)
• Download the Camera Set-Up wizard from MyDlink.com/download.
o Select your camera model from the list.
o Download the Firmware version that matches your camera model and computer platform PC or Mac. (you may be asked to upgrade the firmware as soon as the camera comes online)
• Insert a FAT 32 formatted SD card (optional)
• Connect the Dlink camera to your router LAN-port via the Ethernet cable
• Plug the camera AC adapter in to a power outlet and to the camera
o The red light on the camera will come on
o ... wait approx 30 seconds and the red light should turn solid green
o when green follow the instructions from the Set-Up wizard.
 The wizard should find your camera and ask you to enter a password
 NOTE: This is not the same password you use for your MyDlink account login. This password is for the camera.
Note: It may only accept normal Alfa numeric characters.

* Optional via Ethernet cable

Nordic Ware Microwave 2 Cavity Egg Poacher
Nordic Ware Microwave 2 Cavity Egg Poacher
Price: $4.50
54 used & new from $2.32

1.0 out of 5 stars Hinges, poor design/construction, December 19, 2015
The hinges on the unit we received would lock up and/or make the two pieces disconnect from each other and fall apart.

Xcellent Global Wireless Indoor/ Outdoor Thermometer Sensor, White HG109
Xcellent Global Wireless Indoor/ Outdoor Thermometer Sensor, White HG109
Offered by Xcellent Global
Price: $13.99
3 used & new from $9.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected accuracy, December 19, 2015
The accuracy was better than expected at room temperature. Actually both the outdoor and indoor readings were within one degree F of my calibrated Thermoworks Model: RT301WA superfast pocket thermometer.

THE TEST
The display unit, the outdoor unit and the Thermoworks thermometer probe were placed next to each other on a table indoors and shielded from draft (covered with the Amazon shipping box upside down).
They were allowed to stabilize for 45 minutes.
Note: The readings were off by as much as 4 degrees BEFORE they were left alone to reach the ambient temperature under the box.
Consequently you can not just put the batteries in and expect all parts (probes) have come to the same temperature. In other words you are more than likely to get false readings.

Read the the columns from top to bottom to determine the deviation.
Indoor............75.7; 75.7; 75.9; 75.1
Outdoor..........75.2; 75.0; 75.0; 74.8
Test probe......75.2; 75.2; 75.2; 75.2

None of the readings were more than 0.7 off from the calibrated test thermometer.

It was surprising that the super fast test thermometer did not show any changes in temperature.
It suggests that there is some internal drift within the Xcellent Global Thermometer.
BUT THE ACCURACY IS STILL VERY GOOD FOR THIS TYPE OF THERMOMETER.
Note: This is not a thermometer you would use in a science lab.

I have purchased this thermometer myself - it was NOT received as a gift for leaving a review.

Anker PowerLine Micro USB (10ft) - The World's Fastest, Most Durable Charging Cable, with Kevlar Fiber and 10000+ Bend Lifespan for Samsung, Nexus, LG, Motorola, Android Smartphones and More (white)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional quality - no signal loss and high power transfer, December 5, 2015
Works perfectly for both power (2 Watt) and data transfer. No complaints at all.
I use it with a StarTech.com Micro USB to Mini USB 2.0 Adapter to connect a 2 Watt Alfa Antenna Adapter to an Alfa R36 router.

This particular connection is very sensitive to the quality of the cables. I discovered that many of the USB cables out there are inferior and causes the power/signal to drop out constantly.

No problem at all with this Anker PowerLine Micro USB cable.

StarTech.com Micro USB to Mini USB 2.0 Adapter F/M (UUSBMUSBFM)
StarTech.com Micro USB to Mini USB 2.0 Adapter F/M (UUSBMUSBFM)
Offered by InStock Group
Price: $6.39
53 used & new from $2.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate to buy this adapter., December 5, 2015
I use it with a an Anker PowerLine Micro USB 10ft cable to connect a 2W Alfa Adapter to an Alfa R36 router.

This particular connection is very sensitive to the quality. I discovered that many of the USB cables out there are inferior and causes the power/signal to drop out constantly.

Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS -  Z-Wave Smart-Energy-Switch - 2-Pack
Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart-Energy-Switch - 2-Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars How do I turn my TV on and off without a remote or when I am away?, December 5, 2015
I use a Aeon Smart Energy Switch to turn the TV ON/OFF from my smart phone or according to a set schedule.

THERE ARE CHEAPER ALTERNATIVES
Fortunately many new TVs have a timer function in the SETTINGS menu under CLOCK or TIME. From here you can set the TV to turn ON and OFF at the same time every day.
This feature may be useful if you want your house to look "lived in" when you are away.
So if you just want it to repeat ON/OFF times every day of the week you are done (no need to read any further and no need to buy this Smart Energy Switch).

If your TV does not have an ON/OFF timer you may be able to turn it ON and OFF using a regular old fashioned plug in timer.
This may be possible because some TVs will turn on again after a power failure IF IT WAS ON* BEFORE THE POWER FAILURE.

* ON means the picture was on when the power was cut (as opposed to being "ON" in standby mode).

IMPORTANT
Use the above cheap alternatives if you don't want to miss Family Feud with Steve Harvey:)

BENEFITS OF USING THE SWITCH
I wanted full control so I could turn my TV on at different times to make the house look "even more lived in" from anywhere in the world.
If lights and TV turn on at the same time every day it may be obvious to an observing thief that they are controlled by a timer = nobody is home.

I use the Aaon Labs switch DSC06106-ZWUS for use with my Vera Lite Controller and LG TV Model 47 LV5500-UA .

This Aeon Switch let you turn lamps, appliances, air conditioners etc ON/OFF either according to a set schedule or if some event happens. For example if someone comes up to your door triggering a motion sensor. Or you can simply switch anything ON/OFF from your smart phone.
As an added benefit the Aeon Switch will show the actual power consumption from your phone.
It is important to mention you must buy a Z -Wave CONTROLLER to control it all. You can find them here on Amazon or by Googeling "Z-Wave Controller"

So before I leave for longer periods of time I turn the TV ON and then OFF via the Aeon Switch. The TV "believes" there was a power failure and will turn ON or OFF anytime I want.
I now have full control over when to turn the TV ON/OFF from anywhere in the world.

DIFFERENT SUBJECT
How to save energy...
You can also use the Aeon Energy switch to save electricity by turning the power totally OFF to your Cable TV set-top boxes air conditioners etc.
As a side note...
We no longer have Cable TV and are now receiving more than 30 crystal clear HDTV channels over the air for FREE. As an added benefit we got rid of the Comcast remotes and more importantly the Set-top boxes (each use 35 Watts of energy 24 hours a day).

My Vera Lite Z-Wave Controller combined with the Aeon Smart Energy Switch shows how much energy the connected appliances have been using in $ or kW per hour, day, week, month or year.

Los Angeles example: Two set top boxes (70 Watts X 24 Hours X 30 Days) = 50.4 kWh at $ 0.21 per kW = $10.58 per month OR $127 PER YEAR.
(You may pay less for electricity in your area.)

Even if you have no intention of using the Aeon switch to make your house look lived in it can still save you a lot of money turning the power off to all your idling electronics.

I hope this review can give you some ideas and help you make a decision.
This Aeon switch was purchased by me and NOT received as a gift in return for writing this review.

By the way, the Aeon Switch is easy to set up and works perfectly (no worries here).
As an added bonus it also extends the range of your Z-Wave system because it works as a repeater so if you suffer from Z-Wave devices disconnecting randomly just buy a Aeon Smart Switch, it will fix the problem.

Prep Solutions by Progressive Microwavable Two Egg Poacher
Prep Solutions by Progressive Microwavable Two Egg Poacher
Price: $3.99
27 used & new from $2.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Works great and cooks eggs perfectly..., December 4, 2015
However the last one (that we just purchased) has a terrible noxious smell of chemicals. It was so bad I had to put it outside or the whole kitchen would smell, also the smell stays on your hands after they are washed.
I don't even want to try eating an egg cooked in it.

We have another one that we have used at our cabin for some years and it works great.
It never had a smell or odor or left a bad taste.

UPDATE Dec 12, 2015
We tried washing the cooker in the dishwasher several times but the smell remained.
I contacted the manufacturer directly regarding the issue. I have had no response and have now returned the product to Amazon.
UPDATE
A few days later the manufacturer did respond but I told them I had already returned it.

USB 2.0 Cable, Type A Male to Mini B USB Cable (10 Feet) White Color
USB 2.0 Cable, Type A Male to Mini B USB Cable (10 Feet) White Color
Offered by Cmple
Price: $4.99
4 used & new from $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this to replace a 5 ft cable for ..., November 12, 2015
I purchased this to replace a 5 ft cable for my Alfa router. The USB cable that came with the Alfa Adapter was much thicker and has worked flawlessly however I wanted a white cable that was 5 feet longer.
This cable from Cmple is much thinner and causes my connection to the Alfa AWUS036NHR - High-Gain 2000mw 2W 802.11 B/G/N Wireless USB Network Adaptor - Wireless-N 802.11n Wi-Fi - 150Mbps - 2.4 GHz - 5dBi Antenna - Long Range - Realtek Chipset - Strongest on the Market - NEWEST VERSION to drop every several minutes.

The Alfa adapter is using 2 W (peak) and a USB cable should be able to convey at least 2.5 W.
Also a USB-2 cable that is up to spec can be up to 16 feet and 5 inches long.

This cable is too thin and can not take the "juice" (unless I received a defective product).

UPDATE
I have subsequently purchased an Anker manufactured cable and it works flawlessly.

NEW 5200 mAh Li-ION Notebook/Laptop Battery for Samsung NP R428 DA03UA NP RF711 S02US NT RC710 R439 RV509 A01HU AA PL9NC6W
Offered by E-life
Price: $14.15
7 used & new from $12.16

5.0 out of 5 stars This battery performs better than than the original battery that came with my Samsung Laptop. Look no further., November 10, 2015
I ordered this to replace the original battery in my Samsung laptop RF711.
Have had the new one for over half a year and must say I am very happy with the performance.
My original battery always had a sluggish performance. It would run out when I least expected it.

You can buy this with confidence. It is rock solid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6