Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
7 Minutes with God: Daily Devotions for a Deeper Relationship (7 Minutes Series)
by The Navigators
Price: $10.17
88 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Please!, February 24, 2012
We have had the hard copy to this book forever and I REALLY want a copy on my kindle! I love how small it is a how easy it is to carry everywhere, but I already bring my kindle everywhere - so PLEASE make it kindle accessible!

As for the book itself, the book is great. It gives you the pick me up everyone needs every now and then! The headings to each chapter include - Creative, Passionate, Powerful, Frightening, Near, Silent, Just, Merciful, Truthful, & Faithful. The book total has 70 devotionals (1 a day for 10 weeks).

Last, the way the pages are set up is great, too! On each devotional, the direct you to some bible verses, then you read the text part, then they give you so questions to think about, and last a prayer.

If you want to build your relationship with Christ, this is a great starting place!

Easy Kindle Homepage
Easy Kindle Homepage

1.0 out of 5 stars So.., August 29, 2011
So.. what you mean is.. pay $2 to have another bookmark!? For real guys! Save the places you wanted to go to to your bookmarks and you don't have to do any of this!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource - PDF file available FOR FREE!, May 26, 2011
This is an excellent resource to use along with the p90x workout dvd's. They give you recipes to try and calendars of what to eat when for maximum results. The book is well organized and colorful. It's the best if you want to lose some fat.

If you are still hesitant, consider a different tactic. On the website listed below, you have the ability to download most of the nutrition guide FOR FREE! The PDF file is 71 pages long (the actual book is 113). This way, you can get a feel from the book, and then a) keep that copy, or b) purchase the full book.

[...]
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2011 9:20 AM PDT

Romeo and Juliet In Plain and Simple English (A Modern Translation and the Original Version) (Classics Retold Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy., May 6, 2011
For a $3 purchase on kindle, this was an excellent buy. In school we are reading Shakespeare, and I was having trouble understanding what I was reading. This book is a great translation of the original text and I will be purchasing more if they come up.

If you are still hestitant, consider the old translation versus this translation.

Old translation -
Sampson : "Gregory, o' my word, we'll not carry coals."
Gregory : "No, for then we should be colliers."
Sampson : "I mean, an we be in choler, we'll draw."
Gregory : "Ay, where you live, draw your neck out o' the collar."
Sampson : "I strike quickly, being moved."

This translation -
Sampson : "I swear, Gregory, we will not stand by and be treated like servants."
Gregory : "We are servants, you fool."
Sampson : "I mean, if they want to fight, I'm ready."
Gregory : "They only thing you will fight is the death penalty."
Sampson : "I will fight in a minute, if someone messes with me."

This is a great buy for anybody who needs Shakespeare help.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2013 3:49 AM PST

Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars THERE IS A TABLE OF CONTENTS IN THIS COOKBOOK!, April 19, 2011
Hey guys!

So, I am an ametuar cooker at this moment. I am getting better everyday and when I saw 4 free cookbooks that looked cute and fun, I just about peed my pants. I purchased it and gave it the moment to load and I was so happy with it when I started to look through it. The format was perfect for kindle.

There have been people saying that this book is not worth purchasing because there is no table of contents! THERE IS ONE. If that is what is holding you back from buying, please read! If you buy the book (do it; it's free and if I am wrong you can just delete it), go to the "go to" section on the "menu" of the book. When it pops up, you will see 5 options of places to go: the TABLE OF CONTENTS, beginning, cover, end, and location. People must have gotten confused because the format of where the Table of Contents is very strange. It comes after the index (like in most Kindle Cookbooks).

This is a great book and a wonderful resource. Please purchase! You won't regret it!

Also, if you enjoy cooking, consider looking into - Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Meatloaf Recipes: Exclusive on-line cookbook, Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Slow Cooker Recipes: Exclusive on-line cookbook, and Circle of Friends Cookbook - 25 Macaroni and Cheese Recipes: Exclusive on-line cookbook.

Broken Secrets
Broken Secrets
Price: $0.99
2 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super surprised..., April 19, 2011
This review is from: Broken Secrets (Kindle Edition)
When I read the description of this, I thought, wow...this could be pretty interesting. My hopes weren't too high though because I haven't had a whole lot of luck with blogs. I used my 14-day free subscription and instantly, I knew so much that I never would have known before.

Within one day of having the Broken Secrets App, I had learned:
- Why some restaurants provide wet towels at meals
- Secret uses for olive oil
- How to chop onions without crying
- Why buses open their door at railroads
- Why aluminum foil is dull on one side
- Food chains to display calories on menu by 2014
- Disney movie secrets
- The fastest way to fold a shirt
- Military tanks are named after water tanks
- March madness teams are paid for performance
- Sunscreen and sunblock are not the same thing
- Not making your bed kills dust mites
- Baby proofing your home on a budget
- How to cure hiccups
- Transport suit jackets inside-out to prevent lint
- Cocktail terminology
- Toilets: Taboo for TV until 1957
- Blue eyes are not actually blue
- Brain freeze is triggered in the sinuses
- Real names of celebrities
- Secrets of the red carpet
- Fertilizer can melt snow and ice
- How to lean up a leaking battery
- Craft breweries cannot brew more than 6 million barrels annually
- Your passport may expire before the expiration date
- Boxed wine isn't necessarily bad wine
- More spent on flowers at christmas than valentines day
- People don't explode in space, and the banana plant is a herb

Whew...what a list. All of these topics were completely random and all very interesting. They were a decent size (about 2-3 kindle pages) so they gave you just enough information to inform you but not overwell you.

If you are looking for a easy, fun, enjoyable, interesting read, THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED!

Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle)
Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book =) =), March 27, 2011
This book is absolutly amazing. I had this book in the back of my closet for over 3 years before finally deciding to read it. Within 20 pages of reading, I was completely hooked. I finished the book withing 2-3 days and rushed out to the store to buy Eldest and Brisingr. Within one week, I was also done with both of those. The amount of talent the author has to be able to pull something this creative off is absolutly spectacular. If you are looking for a good series that will pull you in and keep you there, check out this book!

What Will Happen in Eragon IV: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Becomes the Third Dragon Rider and How Will the Inheritance Cycle Finally End?
by Richard Marcus
Price: $9.01
70 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Why ruin a good book?, March 27, 2011
Before you start reading, please note that a date for the release of Inheritance (Book 4 of Eragon) is set for November 8th, 2011. It was released on March 23rd, 2011. (By the way - I CAN'T WAIT!!! =)

If you are like me, you are absolutly in love with this series. Why waste a good book that Paolini can write just to get an insight on what you will know in less than a year? Also, NONE OF THESE FACTS ARE ABSOLUTE KNOWNS. Inless this guy personally knew Paolini and got information out of him (which I doubt he did), all of this is based on what he WANTS to happen.

Do not be fooled and wait until the actual book comes out. I guarentee it will be worth it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2011 9:20 PM PST

DecalGirl Kindle Skin (Fits Kindle Keyboard) W&B Fleur (Matte Finish)
DecalGirl Kindle Skin (Fits Kindle Keyboard) W&B Fleur (Matte Finish)

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, March 20, 2011
This is such a great idea for the Kindle. I bought this with my Kindle. It protects your kindle well, while also adding some of yourself and your personality into it. I do have two pink marks down the side of my skin, but that is because of the case I have. Seeing that, I am glad i had the case on it!

Mahjong Solitaire
Mahjong Solitaire
Offered by Mobigloo
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Good time passer if necessary but not ideal for the kindle, March 20, 2011
This review is from: Mahjong Solitaire (Kindle Edition)
I love my new kindle and I love playing Mahjong Solitare on the computer! When I realized that I could purchase it for kindle, I was super excited and it was also on sale when I bought it.

It is a fun game to play on the kindle if you have enough patience for it. This particular type of game is not the best for a Kindle, but I will probably play a game here and there every once in a while.

Page: 1 | 2