ARRAY(0xa8856b70)

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Carlson RSS Feed

FORLIFE Brew-in-Mug Extra-Fine Tea Infuser with Lid
FORLIFE Brew-in-Mug Extra-Fine Tea Infuser with Lid
Price: $13.32
19 used & new from $10.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Rooibos and Other Fine Loose Teas!, December 26, 2011
This is the best infuser I've ever purchased! I liked the first one so much that I ended up buying two more - a second one for my husband and a third to leave at the office. It fits in all of my mugs and it maximizes the cup space inside to give the tea some serious bloom room. The biggest selling point for this infuser is how fine the strainer is. I brew rooibos tea (a *very* fine loose tea) in one of these all the time and it keeps everything inside the infuser. This also means that it's easier to clean because you won't have dried tea leaves trapped in the strainer holes. I couldn't recommend this infuser enough!

Coraline (Single-Disc Edition)[Anaglyph 3D]
Coraline (Single-Disc Edition)[Anaglyph 3D]
DVD ~ Dakota Fanning
Price: $12.77
138 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Delightlfully Trippy Movie, But Don't Be Enticed by the 3D Feature Alone, August 4, 2009
My husband and I rented the dual sided version of the film a couple days ago as well as bought two pairs of the dual color 3D glasses.

The film was absolutely beautiful designed and animated. It was also delightfully balanced between trippy and creepy. I'd definitely say that if parents have young children, they should preview the film prior to showing it and use their personal judgment. The narrative has the same threads of menace that haunts original Brother's Grimm tales. The film at times can be rather disturbing. My husband and I humorously traded off with the line, "That is messed up!" several times through out the film. My only critique with the film is that the resolution falls too swiftly and maybe too neatly into place.

The reason my review is three stars is that I fail to see the reason behind packaging the DVD with a 3D version of the film. Even on a HD plasma with unimpaired vision, the dual colored glasses just did not work for me at all. I knew going in that the home television would lose the incredible effect of what dual projection in a theater could create, so I didn't have high expectations. I was merely curious if the industry had gotten better at implementing it over time.

I went in to watching the 3D version expecting to at least get a sense of scene depth similar to an old school View-Master. Unfortunately, I didn't even get that. None of the 3D effects worked for me. Even with a darkened room, my eyes would water while they constantly fought to refocus and make sense of the dual colors. I had to stop watching after about twenty minutes in, because my eyes were just exhausted. The 3D versions also dulls the color scheme. This really doesn't do the original film justice at all. It was rather shocking to see the vivid color difference switching from 3D to the 2D version.

In Conclusion: Skip the 3D gimmick and enjoy the 2D version.
Comment Comments (25) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2012 11:25 AM PDT