Profile for Alan D. Igo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 200

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alan D. Igo RSS Feed (San Bernardino, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fellowes PlushTouch Mouse Pad and Wrist Rest with FoamFusion Technology, Blue (9287301)
Price: $11.40
39 used & new from $10.94

5.0 out of 5 stars My mouse is happy. And so's my mouse hand., June 18, 2013
I had a jel thing that finally gave up the mouse. The fabric had started to separate from the base and staples didn't help. It wasn't attached to a base pad like this one, so it was very adept at dropping off my sliding keyboard table. Slide the table in, off goes the pad. I went looking for another and saw the reviews on this one. Decision made. The heel of my hand, especially the bone there, is very comfortable. I have a trak-ball thing, so the base is just a convenient place for it to be. And it stays put. But I'm retired now, and don't spend a lot of time typing. No complaints at all with this design.

American U.S. FLAG Stainless Steel Ring size 11
American U.S. FLAG Stainless Steel Ring size 11
Offered by Forgiven Jewelry
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A patriotic ring., June 18, 2013
Amazing how much stainless steel jewelery there is now. But it's well made, won't corrode and if you lose it, you probably won't even go look for it. This ring is a good example of the current stainless market. Very smooth and shiny on the inside and out. The inside edge could use more of a rounded bevel. Not that it's sharp, but would improve the comfort. The sizing is right on with the recommendations of size charts I looked up on line. Finally, as you can see, it's quite thick. So, it's heavy. That might be a deal breaker for some. I like it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 3:53 PM PDT

THE HOLY LAND IN COLOUR: NEW EDITION 1994 [THREE RELIGIONS ONE CITY THREE PRAYERS]
4 used & new from $19.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Like being there without the cost., June 18, 2013
I was surprised to find a copy of this in my library of things. My wife had gone there with her dad many years ago and picked one up. No doubt these serve the tourist trade. So I sat down and read. It is filled with wonderful current and historical pictures, and data that's aquainted with the history. Mind you, this is not a long reading novel. You can take it all in in about a couple of hours. But it serves the purpose of inviting an interest in the country that everyone should go see. I haven't....yet. But lots of photography and done on slick stock. You can find these in the "other sellers" sites here on Amazon for very good prices. I got about a dozen for some friends that haven't been and are wanting to go. Keep in mind there are older versions of this publication that aren't as good as this one. You need to ask the sellers if this is the newer updated one.

Progresso Vegetable Classics Soup, Lentil, 19-Ounce Cans (Pack of 6)
Progresso Vegetable Classics Soup, Lentil, 19-Ounce Cans (Pack of 6)
Price: $14.31
4 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lentil.......tasty legume in a can., June 18, 2013
In all my life, I've never had freshly made lentil soup. So, a can of it is the next best option. Progresso's version of it is very tasty (to me). And a great rib-sticker. Lentil is somewat bland so I give it an attitude by adding an adequate amount of habanero pepper. I wouldn't have a soup without a "bite". But if you're on a salt free diet (we'll pray for you), then keep in mind there is 810mg or 34% sodium in this can. It doesn't taste salty to me, but numbers are numbers. So, give it a try. You might like it.

FREEKey Easy Open Key Chain
FREEKey Easy Open Key Chain
Offered by Firefly Buys
Price: $6.68
4 used & new from $3.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Finding a hole that'll fit on the ring...., June 18, 2013
If you have some keys with holes that barely squeak thru the ring, you'll have keys that stick out and it will drive you nuts. You don't want to be nuts. So, you're left with a couple of choices: you can find someone with a drill press that can make the small holes larger. Or put a small split ring thru the small keyhole. Then put it on this. With the larger holes, this does what it says it does. Very easy to put keys on. I prefer a less thick rounded type ring that'll go thru most any hole. My friend wanted this, so I gave it to him. See, FREEKey people? I'm helping you make more money.....

KEEN Men's Clearwater CNX Sandal,Black/Gargoyle,11 M US
KEEN Men's Clearwater CNX Sandal,Black/Gargoyle,11 M US
Price: $81.01
12 used & new from $81.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Keen Newport that went on a diet...., April 25, 2013
I'm a Keen sandal person. (Except for the great Keen boat shoes I just bought). I was somewhat leery of the new "cut-down" sole since their regular Newport fit me so well. And was very comfortable while standing for long periods of time. Not an issue with these. They would make a fine sandal for any vacation that involves standing or walking a lot. And much lighter. 10.9 oz. compared to 24 oz.. The contoured insole is always a deal maker for me because the comfort suits my feet. And low back. Right now the price point is high ($85 to over $100). So finding any real deals on a new pair will be difficult. It will take a little time on-line, but the $85 can be had.

Citizen Men's BM8475-26E "Eco-Drive" Stainless Steel and Synthetic Leather Strap Watch
Offered by Studio Jewelers
Price: $131.25
14 used & new from $131.25

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd Citizen with an attitude....OOH-RAH!, April 20, 2013
I already had the green faced one, saw this one on eBay, and couldn't pass up the price. Everything on it works properly. And others were certainly right about the "leather" band. Not comfortable. Answer: get a silicone band, 22mm frame lug, 20mm buckle lug (if you want the buckle on this strap), and voila! Comfort. There are some very attractive bands for under $15 out there. I couldn't care less about leather 'cause I don't have to impress the queen. And my other one had the canvas band that got stinky too, so I siliconized it as well. Both watches' second hands line up perfectly with the tics, but I don't know why that should be an issue anyhow. So far, I haven't scratched the crystal on either yet, but I can see how that would come about. LARGE face. Cheap-o crystal. And as one gent said, excellent copy of the Bell & Ross design. But far away from my wallet. VERY far. I like the big honkin' face as my eyesight is slowly diminishing. Citizen should take a hint from us 'senior citizens' and put a magnifier over the date like other "thinking" watch designers do. You hear that, Citizen?! Shape up!

GBX Men's Torino Sandal
GBX Men's Torino Sandal

3.0 out of 5 stars The shoe that didn't fit..., April 17, 2013
This review is from: GBX Men's Torino Sandal (Apparel)
I too was hopeful for a good fit from several other reviewer's reviews. I had to go one size bigger (13) thinking it would be better than a 12, which would be my US size. And I need a B width. 12 1/2 is usually perfect for the imported shoes. Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to get width and length to agree in that size. In any case, these sandals would be great if there were less volume in the foot. And because of the large volume, the strap wouldn't pull any tighter. So I even tried Spenco backpacking insoles, and no go. So, back they went. I don't think you could find a better price for this quality. And beware, that these are sent from Chicago, it cost $18.29 or $16.15 to return. UPS or USPS in that order.

Digitone Call Blocker
Digitone Call Blocker

5.0 out of 5 stars Call THIS, you miserable telemarketers!!, February 18, 2013
Utterly wonderful! I'm a retiree and spend a good deal of time at home. I was getting, on a weekly average, 40-50 nuisance calls. My Pain-a-sonic 5 phone system would block only 30 numbers and would still ring before blocking. And there was no way to block numbers except by the typical 9 or 10 digits. This blocker has made my life at home the way it should be......quiet. Obviously, the ability to block entire area codes made the biggest difference. At first, regarding entering the area code blocking method, I was a little confused. I tried entering the first digit of the area code with the following 9 numbers as # (wildcard) signs. When you preview the list of blocked numbers, you'll see just the first digit of that area code. Which tells me that you only have to enter just the first digit of the area code. No # signs are needed in this case. I only needed 3 area code numbers to ring thru, so I'll have to block some in these individually. But this works fine for me. Here's another tip to help get used to the codes; make bigger copies of each page of the manual. Then write down all the codes in a column with their page numbers beside. You'll get used to coding a lot easier.

Hormel Corned Beef Hash, 25-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Hormel Corned Beef Hash, 25-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by International Groceries
Price: $34.00
3 used & new from $34.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Hash is out for me., February 16, 2013
I haven't had hash for YEARS. Now I know why. Please bear in mind that all tastes are different. I know my arteries will love me for not eating more of this. I tried both the corned beef and the roasted beef. I didn't detect much difference in flavor. Probably because I nuked one and pan fried the other. If I had to choose, I would prefer the pan fried because of the crispiness. But, forgive me, the odor and consistency was very much like canned dog food. Of course it changed once it was pan fried. I also was expecting a thicker meat base with meat pieces you could see. Not there. The deal breaker for me is the fat/sodium content. Total fat, 36%. Saturated fat, 55%. And sodium, 58%. I know, fat is what makes meat so delicious. Along with the flavor enhancing saltiness. But not for me. I know a food bank that will appreciate the 2 cases (24 cans) I purchased off site.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20