Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Lynn > Reviews

Browse

Lynn's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1915
Top Reviewer Ranking: 300

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lynn RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Caress Pure Embrace Beauty Bar, 8 Count
Caress Pure Embrace Beauty Bar, 8 Count
Price: $10.19
2 used & new from $10.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Lathers well - Wonderful fragrance that lingers on my skin. Scent miight be too overpowering for some, June 29, 2016
Lathers well.
Lovely, strong fragrance that lingers on my skin & scents our bathroom too.

Oh, my gosh, I love this fragrance - Pure Embrace with white flowers & almond oil. The Caress ad says the scent was designed by expert perfumers & I agree that this scent smells as good as perfume. It even leaves our bathroom scented.
The scent is strong & would be overpowering for those sensitive to strong fragrances.

As much as I like the Caress Beauty Bar, I find that it is slightly more drying than the Dove Beauty Bar which I've been using for years. There aren't many bath soaps that don't leave my skin feeling dry. Dove, original, works best for me. Caress comes in second. Because I love the scent of Caress Pure Embrace Beauty Bar, I'm willing to put up with a little more dryness, add some moisturizer & alternate Caress with Dove as mood changes.

Hefty Ultra Strong Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags (Lavender Sweet Vanilla, 13-Gallon Bags, 80-Count Box)
Price: $10.52

4.0 out of 5 stars My favorite scent. Be aware the fresh scent is very strong & might be too overpowering for some people - Money Back Guarantee, June 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Strong scent. Lavender & Sweet Vanilla is my favorite Hefty Kitchen Trash Bag scent. The scent is very strong and probably too overpowering for those who are sensitive to strong odors.

Although these bags don't touch the bottom of our wastebasket & are almost 2" shorter than a generic brand we use, they still work in our wastebasket. When the bag starts getting full, I press down on the trash to compress it, add more trash & the bag doesn't tear.

Give these bags a try. Money back guarantee if you're not completely satisfied.

Every Hefty trash bag carton features one Box Tops for Education coupon.

Graco Bumper Jumper, Bear Trail
Graco Bumper Jumper, Bear Trail
Price: $30.01
8 used & new from $30.01

4.0 out of 5 stars For babies weighing 25 lbs or less - We are using the jumper in standard size door frames, June 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This cute jumper requires a little bit of assembly. You must insert the seat into the unit by tucking it into the tray and hooking the rings onto the pegs. This sounds like a simple procedure, but it tried my patience.
The instructions say to tuck the seat into the tray then turn the tray upside down to hook all the rings onto the pegs. I found it much easier to hold the tray sideways on my lap & pull the edges of the seat through the tray & hook onto the pegs. The last two rings were harder to pull through. I finally used my spoon's handle to grab the ring, pull it through the tray and hook it onto the peg. I suppose a screwdriver would work too.
Attach the toys and the jumper is ready to hang.
The seat is machine washable, drip dry.

Be sure you have a door frame to hang the jumper & that your walls meet these requirements:
1/2" minimum surface at the top of the door frame or molding.
A wall thickness of 3" to 6 1/2"

Our home, built in the late fifties, meets these requirements.
We are using the jumper in standard size doorways. In our case, we can hang the jumper in bedroom & bathroom doors. We don't have door frames or molding anywhere else that would work. Of course, we have the front door & back door, but using those door frames would mean leaving those doors open. Our closets have door frames too, but it's not practical for us to hang the jumper on those frames..

IMPORTANT
Read the instruction manual. It's important that you follow the directions so your baby won't get hurt.
Use jumper when your baby can sit upright, unaided & hold her head upright & can support most of her body weight with her legs.
For babies weighing 25 lbs or less.
Adjust height of jumper so only the front of your baby's foot touches the floor. (Front of foot should touch floor, knees should not be bent)
Do not use if your baby is too active to safely play in the jumper.
Do not use jumper if your child can walk unaided.
Do not use jumper if the tray is lower than your baby's waist level when your child stands in the jumper.
Do not use jumper near stairs.
Do not use jumper as a swing.
Never leave your child unattended, Always keep your child in view.

My kids always enjoyed their jumper so I decided to get one for my granddaughter. Most baby's like to play in the jumper and bounce up and down pushing off with the front of their feet some babies might get 'seasick'. Be sure to watch that your little one's hand doesn't get bumped in the doorway when she/he is jumping. Follow the instructions & your baby should be safe.

Alzheimer's and Dementia For Dummies
Alzheimer's and Dementia For Dummies
by Consumer Dummies
Price: $16.82
36 used & new from $14.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Info ranges from spotting symptoms, nonmedical treatments, coping as a caregiver, to addressing legal & financial concerns & m, June 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A close relative has Parkinson's Disease and is beginning to exhibit signs of dementia which unfortunately some PD patients also develop. Although he hasn't been diagnosed with dementia yet, I decided to read this book so I am aware of what symptoms to watch for. The very first section has a chapter titled, "Spotting the Symptoms". You can use Amazon's Look Inside feature to read all the topics covered....all the sections and chapters are listed. The information in this book is proving to be very useful to me...including nonmedical treatments, addressing legal issues and working through the patient's financial issues. I realize that he hasn't been diagnosed with dementia yet, but I see more and more signs of it as the months go by and want to be prepared.

Informative with basic information ranging from spotting the symptoms to addressing legal issues, financial concerns, coping as a caregiver and resources for caregivers.

By the way, dementia is not the same as Alzheimer's, but Alzheimer's is the most common and well-known cause of dementia.

Kashi Organic Breakfast Super Blend (Sun-Up Coconut, 16-Ounce)
Kashi Organic Breakfast Super Blend (Sun-Up Coconut, 16-Ounce)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sun-Up Coconut is good mixed with almond milk with vanilla - Nine servings per container, June 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like this mixed with almond/vanilla milk. It has good flavor and a nice aroma and fills me up. I stir it with a spoon which leaves umixed lumps of powder in my drink. This doesn't bother me. If lumps bother you, an immersion blender or blender would probably solve this.

Per serving, the powder itself has 15 grams of protein, 7 grams of fiber, 9 grams of sugar and 180 calories. These values could change according to what the powder is mixed with.

I like it and the fact that it has a significant amount of fiber and protein per serving.

Check customer images for ingredients and other information found on the label.

Organic

9 servings per container.

AmazonBasics Hearing Aid Batteries 312, 60 Pack
AmazonBasics Hearing Aid Batteries 312, 60 Pack
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Short tab - comparable to other 312 hearing aid batteries - Let sit un-tabbed for one minute outside of device - Made in USA, June 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing I noticed, when I opened the package, was the short tabs on these batteries. The tabs can be hard to grasp if you have arthritis in your hands or fingers depending on how severe it is.

I always read instructions and was surprised to learn that you will have best results if you let the battery sit untabbed for one minute before inserting it into your device. I also learned that these batteries can short out if they come into contact with keys.

These hearing aid batteries perform like the major brands I've used. The dispenser works the same.
The main difference is the short tabs which could pose a problem for those with arthritis or disabilities.

Made in the USA

Petstages 770 EverCrunch Bottle Crunching Dog Chew Toy, Medium
Petstages 770 EverCrunch Bottle Crunching Dog Chew Toy, Medium
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough, crackles like a water bottle, doesn't collapse. One dog loves it, the other doesn't. It bounces too, June 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This has been tested by 2 Australian Labradoodles, a brother and sister. They both love toys that make crackling noises and they both love to chew. The brother, Remy, is an aggressive chewer, his sister, Ryley, is not. I thought Ryley would love this toy, but she will chew on it for a short time then move on to another toy.
On the other hand, Remy seems obsessed with it and is constantly chewing on it. So far it's holding up to his aggressive chewing.
(Although I consider him to be an aggressive chewer, he is probably a light aggressive chewer and never destroys toys designed for power chewers. )
He's been spending his time holding it between his paws like a bone and chewing on the ends. It doesn't make the crackly sound when held/chewed like this. The sound is made when the bone is chewed between the ends.

The toy is 5 1/2" long. Great for aggressive chewers, crackles like a water bottle when chewed between the ends and hasn't collapsed. One dog loves it, the other is ambivalent.

I forgot to mention that it bounces too. It's fun to throw...I never know what angle it's going to bounce and neither does Remy.

CHUCKIT Sport LX Launcher System
CHUCKIT Sport LX Launcher System
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $13.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for me & my dog! Now I don't have to touch slobbery balls - 2 1/2" Med Ball works fine for 40lb med sz labradoodle, June 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is fun for us & our dog!

The launcher takes the game of fetch to a new level. I really like the fact that I don't have to pick up a slobbery ball; instead, I pick it up with the launcher. (Picking up the ball with the launcher is easier in short grass, long grass gets in the way.)
I'm 5' 3"; the launcher is easy for me to hold & use. You can either throw the ball or roll it. I prefer throwing the ball.
Once, when my labradoodle still had the ball in her mouth, I held the launcher out in front of her, & she dropped the ball in the launcher. She impressed me with that move, but must've decided she didn't want to make play time too easy for me & didn't do it again.

The bright orange ball is very easy to see in the yard.
The ball is fuzzy like a tennis ball, but a little heavier. The medium ball is 2 1/2" in diameter, about the size of a tennis ball.
The launcher measures 22 1/2" from tip to tip. The shape of the handle conforms to my hand & is very comfortable to hold.
I don't have any problems throwing the ball with the launcher.

When our dog gets tired or bored with the game, my hubby and I play catch.

Kashi GOLEAN Plant-Powered Bars (Peanut Hemp Crunch, 7.95 Ounce)
Kashi GOLEAN Plant-Powered Bars (Peanut Hemp Crunch, 7.95 Ounce)
Price: $4.62
4 used & new from $4.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Peanut Hemp - I like the texture, but tiny seeds get stuck in my teeth - Non GMO, Gluten free, 200 calories per bar, June 18, 2016
Peanut Hemp Crunch
It's hard for me to describe the texture of these bars...kind of like a fig bar cookie's filling, but with lots of crunch, & not sticky & holds together. They were in our mailbox for a few hours, and very warm when I tried the first one. It wasn't melted, it wasn't sticky & held together nicely. (You can take them on a hike & not worry about them getting messy.) For some reason, I felt like I needed to drink some water with them.

I really like their texture; however, little seeds get stuck in my teeth & I have to use a dental pic each time I eat a bar.

The bars have a mild peanut flavor and despite containing 8 grams of sugar, they are not overly sweet. They're nice to have on hand for those times when you need something nutritious to hold you over between meals. With 8 grams of protein & 4 grams of fiber, these bars do a good job of conquering my hunger.
(Each bar contains 200 calories)

Amazon's product photos list the ingredient & nutritional information labels.

In case you are wondering, these bars do not contain any chocolate.

Non GMO and gluten free

Remington CI91WS T|Studio Thermaluxe Slim Styling Curling Wand with Tangle Free Fabric Swivel Cord, Curling Iron, 3/4-1 Inch, Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars 3/4-1" - Does not have a clamp - Waved hard to curl, baby fine hair - Heat protective glove & pouch included, June 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have straight, hard to curl, baby fine hair. (Baby fine hair means each strand is very thin as opposed to coarse hair which has thick, easy to see, strands).
I was surprised that this wand kind of grabbed my hair which made it easier for me to begin winding it. My hair didn't immediately begin slipping around the wand. This smaller size wand works better for me because my baby fine hair is hard to curl. Larger wands don't leave much curl, and what curls or waves I get don't last long.

I used the 300 degree setting which is the highest temp recommended for fine hair. This curling wand can be set for temps ranging from 250 - 410 degrees.

Because this wand doesn't have a clamp, you must use both hands to curl your hair. Of course, you will also use the included glove to protect the hand that wraps your hair around the barrel. (I counted to ten before releasing my hair from the wand)

When I tested this wand, I didn't use any styling products. The fact that I got wavy hair is impressive. Usually my hair doesn't curl unless I use styling products.

I don't like the fact that I have to use two hands to curl my hair and wish these companies would start making these wands with clamps. The glove fits nicely, but inhibits me from being able to feel my hair, smooth it and grab the thickness I prefer.
I hit the temperature button a couple times when I was wrapping my hair and would have to stop to adjust it back to the correct temp.

The wand heats quickly and automatically shuts off after 60 seconds, has a fabric wrapped, tangle free, swivel cord and
easy to read temperature display.

A heat protective glove and pouch are included. I started to remove the glove by pulling at the fingertips...bad idea...I almost pulled out the stitching which would have left a hole in the fingertip. From now on I will pull it off at the wrist.

This wand (3/4 - 1") waved my long, straight, hard to curl, baby fine hair without the use of styling products. The waves didn't last too long, but they never do.

4 year limited warranty