Profile for Lynn > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 259

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lynn RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Calculated Industries 6435 Wheel Master 4D Dual Measuring Wheel
Calculated Industries 6435 Wheel Master 4D Dual Measuring Wheel
Offered by Hardware Sales Inc.
Price: $47.99
3 used & new from $36.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy for DIY chores...., December 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So far we've found this measuring wheel handy to use for measuring our rooms for hardwood floors. When the weather improves, we'll measure our yard for a fence.
This is a compact dual measuring wheel...
the wheels are 4" in diameter with a 42" telescoping handle; the unit collapses down to about 20" making this measuring wheel compact & portable.
The counter measures up to 9,999 feet, 11 inches with 99.7% accuracy (+/- 1" in 30'). If you roll backwards the counter will reverse. Remember the measurements begin at the middle of the wheel; begin your measurement at the middle of the wheel; add 2" if you begin or end at a wall etc.
The reflective tape is a nice safety touch.
The unit seems to be sturdy enough & should last for years.

Sterling Silver Filigree Pear Dangle Earrings
Sterling Silver Filigree Pear Dangle Earrings
Price: $14.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparkly...Perfect size for me...about 1" long, December 23, 2014
These earrings are perfect for me. They're about an 1" long (measured from your ear piercing). The pear shape is about 3/8" at its widest. These earrings sparkle when the light catches the different cuts. I always get compliments when I wear them.

Kenmore U, L, O and 5068 Miele Z-Micro Filtration Bag, 12 Bags Treated with Ultra-Fresh for Models 50688 and 50690
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $5.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Kenmore Progressive 35923...type O bags which later became type U bags, December 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These Micro Filtration Bags are treated with Ultra-Fresh antimicrobial for built in freshness protection and are just as nice as the ones I buy at Sears.

They fit KENMORE 32380, 32490, 32590, 32690, 32595, 33694, 33794, 35922, 35923, 37100, 3711, 37115 Series Uprights and
MIELE S170-S180, S183, S184 Series Uprights.

From the back of the package:
The Micro filtration captures 99% of particles 5 microns in size, including household fibers & other microscopic allergens.
The Ultra-Fresh finish protects against odor & stain causing microbial growth. This helps keep your bag cleaner & fresher.

I always, always have trouble replacing the bags on my Kenmore Progressive. I had to start lying it down on the floor to make the job easier for me.

George Foreman GRP4842R 2-in-1 Evolve Grill, Red
George Foreman GRP4842R 2-in-1 Evolve Grill, Red
Price: $98.72
5 used & new from $93.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice...I love the Sear option & temperature controls, December 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm very pleased with the George Foreman 2-in-1 Evolve Grill...and its red color reminds me of the Metallic Red paint on our daughter's car...well, the Evolve red is probably a bit brighter. Now back to reviewing the grill. It is so, so much nicer than the first George Foreman grills - the Evolve is larger, easier to clean, easier to use, has temperature settings, sears meat & dishwasher safe removable plates. The plates are designed so you can even make panini sandwiches. Of course veggies and pineapple are great when they're grilled too.
The Evolve also comes with waffle plates. Oh, my gosh, I love waffles!
--FYI when making waffles, pour the batter slowly into the center of the waffle plate. Don't fill the plate up the first time...the batter expands and cause a clean up job that is not fun. You'll have a much better idea of how much batter to use & not have a mess to clean up if you go easy with the first batch. As much as I love waffles, I haven't made any using the Evolve yet. When I do, I'll try to remember to post the amount of batter I used.

We grilled two 12 oz. New York Strip Steaks the first time we used the Evolve. I seared them first...yum!...and followed the instructions in the manual. I even had a thermometer in one of the steaks so I could test the Evolve's accuracy. It passed my test with flying colors. The steaks were done in the time the manual said they'd be finished & the thermometer agreed. Of course using a George Foreman grill won't impart the same flavor as using a charcoal grill, the steaks tasted like fried steaks. For the best flavor, marinate your meat & season accordingly. There are several recipes on the George Foreman website.

Remember to turn the slope knob when grilling meats. This allows drippings to drain into the grease tray.

Spray oils like PAM will cause a sticky, residue build-up -- over time your non-stick pans won't be non-stick anymore. If you want to use oil, brush it on with a silicone brush (they work nicely) or put a small amount of oil on a paper towel & rub it on that way. I think PAM is changing their ingredients, but I won't risk using it on my non-stick pans.

Some temperature guidelines & cooking times are listed on the front of the lid. Because of their placement on the lid, they're a bit hard to read. I usually refer to the manual because the information is more thorough. Cooking time is fast because both sides are cooked at the same time...even faster if you sear the meat first.

If I have to get nit-picky, the Evolve is large, 9 x 15.5 x 13.5 inches, so be sure you have storage space or are able to leave it sit out and its cord is so short! I know the short cord is for safety purposes, but gosh. Okay, I'm done being nit-picky. I like the Evovle 2-in-1 despite it all. George Foreman also makes a 4-in-1. I haven't tried it, but I'm betting I'd like it too. Hover your cursor over Amazon's photos to get a close-up view of this awesome grill.

edited to add one more thing: the Evolve works best if your items are all the same thickness. One of our steaks was ever so slightly thinner than the other one. The thinner one didn't sear as nicely because the thicker steak held the top plate a little bit above the thinner steak...just thought I'd let you know.

iDevices Kitchen Thermometer, Mini
iDevices Kitchen Thermometer, Mini
Price: $35.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Works nicely but there's no temperature readout on the device itself. Requires Apple iOS 7 +, or a compatible Smart Ready Device, December 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The iDevices Kitchen Thermometer, Mini requires Apple iOS 7 or higher and works with:
iPhone 4S and later
iPad 3rd generation and later
iPad Mini and later
iPod Touch 5th gen. and later
or The app requires a compatible Bluetooth Smart Ready Device - see below * for more information

Removing the battery cover was extremely difficult. It was put on crooked at the factory. I finally had to pry it up with a thin knife. I haven't had any problems with the lid since I put it on correctly. Now it comes off easily.

We're using the iDevices Kitchen Thermometer, Mini with our iPad Mini. At first, I thought the app was confusing. The first information it pulled up was an ad for other iDevices. I was looking for the temperature guide, etc. I eventually found what I needed & used this thermometer when I cooked a turkey roast in our crock pot. I liked watching the app's temperature chart as the roast was cooking. The chart recorded the temperature as well as the time of day...for example, the turkey roast was 110 degrees at 3:35pm. The thermometer was accurate. It's probably not a good idea to use this type of thermometer with a crock pot, because a crock pot's lid should let very little steam escape & I think the probe's braided cable is slightly too thick & lets too much steam escape. It works great in the George Foreman Grill, the oven or a skillet though.

Because you need to view the temperature on your Apple device & can't see it on the thermometer itself, this type of thermometer might be a pain if you're usually in the house while you're cooking...But, this has a 150' Bluetooth range (I didn't test this) if you are working in the garden or want to visit your neighbor, etc. this product just might be perfect for you. Your iPhone, other Apple product or other compatible device will alert you when your food is done cooking. Very convenient.

I like the looks of the iDevices Mini. The braided cable is designed to wrap around the base & the thermometer has magnetic mounting. Everything can be stored away neatly. I found the app confusing to use at first, but it's not a problem for me now. I prefer to have the temperature readout on the main unit but the Mini doesn't have that function. iDevices sells another thermometer that does have that option: iDevices Kitchen Thermometer. All in all the readout is accurate, you must have your device nearby to see the temperature and hear the alert.

Watch Amazon's video to see the thermometer in action.

* more information for compatible devices: Check IDevicesinc dot com/compatibility for a list of compatible devices.

CR 2032 battery included

WearMax - Hardwood Flooring Scratch Repair Touch up & Remover - Eliminate White Lines From Wood Floors - Clear
Offered by WearMax
2 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!!! White scratches disappear; the grooves remain...Made in the USA, December 20, 2014
Length:: 0:37 Mins

Scratches are inevitable on hardwood floors...I don't think there's any way to avoid them. If your floor has white scratch marks, it probably has grooves too.

WearMax Scratch does not fill in the grooves; it eliminates the white scratch & seals the affected area. If the groove is deep you should use one of the colored markers created for that purpose before you apply WearMax. WearMax Scratch eliminates & conceals the white line/mark/scratch when viewed from normal standing position. It also seals in the affected area so dirt won't collect in it.

I was provided a scratched, piece of hardwood flooring to test this product. I wore gloves & followed the instructions. The white marks disappeared. When light reflects off the flooring at certain angles, the grooves can be seen, but the white marks are gone.
If possible, I will either upload before and after photos or a video.
UPDATE: I'll be testing Scratch on a family member's hardwood floors in a couple weeks & update my review with the results.

Instructions on label:

**Note: for deep scratches or dark stained floors, matching furniture quality marker may be applied to the blemish prior to the Scratch application.

**Step 1: Shake well. Apply Scratch with a soft cloth to clean, dry area of floor. Using a circular motion, wipe the area until all excess is removed. Failure to remove excess may affect the gloss of the treated area.

**Step 2: Using a a portable lamp as the light source, apply direct light to the treated area for 4 or more hours.

**IMPORTANT: Direct sunlight may cause immediate curing. Area being treated should be shaded during Step 1 & then exposed to light after the application process is complete.

It works!

Made in the USA

MeasuPro DCT350 Instant Read Programmable Digital Cooking Thermometer with Stainless Steel Probe, White
Offered by MeasuRite
2 used & new from $24.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate digital thermometer with probe, pre-set temps which can also be customized..See **note about pre-set turkey temperature, December 20, 2014
This is a handy digital thermometer. Choose between Fahrenheit and Celsius. The USDA recommended safe cooking temperatures for 15 types of meat & poultry are preprogrammed, there is also a customized setting so you can set the cooking temp to your preference.

The magnets on the back of the thermometer are fairly strong. I can store it on my refrigerator, but if the door gets slammed too many times the thermometer will start sliding.

ALERT ALARMS (turn off alarms by pressing the ALARM STOP button):
PRE-ALERT ALARM will beep every 5 seconds when the food is 10 under the desired temp.
ALERT ALARM will sound 4 short beeps consecutively when the desired temperature has been reached.
OVERCOOK ALARM continuously beeps when your food is 10 over the desired temp.

See my **note about the preprogrammed chicken, turkey & duck temperature.

The thermometer is designed so you leave the temperature probe in the food the entire time it's cooking. No more running back and forth to get a new temperature reading. The temperature reading is displayed on the screen. I used this when I cooked steak in our George Foreman Grill and it worked perfectly.

The metallic cable is about 44" long which should give you enough length to safely place the main unit away from the heat source; the temperature probe which is inserted into the meat is about 6 1/2" long.

Clean and dry the probe after each use.

You can get a nice look at the thermometer by hovering your cursor over Amazon's product photos.

**A note about the preprogrammed poultry & fowl temperature. I was surprised that the stored temperature is 180F which I thought was too high. So I did an internet search and learned that for years, the FSIS, a branch of the USDA, recommended cooking turkey , chicken & fowl to 170F breast temperature, and 180F thigh temperature. However, a few years ago, the recommendation was updated. The USDA rating was changed and is now set at 165F. E-coli is killed at 160F and above so it is safe to eat poultry & fowl when the temp reaches 165F. (Some chefs think that turkey dark meat is juicier & more tender when it's cooked to higher temps.) You can use the preprogrammed setting for ground chicken & ground turkey which is 165F anytime you cook poultry.

The included instructions are very thorough.
AAA battery included

review sample provided

Morning Pep Real Birch Xylitol sweetner (Not From Corn) NON GMO - KOSHER - GLUTEN FREE - PRODUCT OF USA. 2.5 lbs
Offered by HERBFUL HEALTH
Price: $25.95
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in the USA...Safe for diabetics...No aftertaste...extremely toxic to dogs so don't share with your dog, December 20, 2014
Xylitol has been used as a sugar substitute for decades. It is considered to be a sugar alcohol, and is naturally found in berries, plums, corn, oats, mushrooms, lettuce, trees & some hardwood trees and fruits. It has become more popular in recent years, tastes like sugar & has no after taste. For several years, it's been used in sugar-free gum, candies, breath mints, baked goods, cough syrup, children's chewable vitamins, mouthwash, and toothpaste. It's become popular because it contains only about two-thirds of the calories of sugar. It is lower on the glycemic index which makes xylitol useful for diabetics. Xylitol also helps reduce the formation of plaque, inhibits dental cavities, and stimulates the production of saliva.

Xylitol is safe to use. However, when eaten in large amounts it might have a mild laxative effect and might cause intestinal discomfort. I suggest that you add it to your diet slowly & you limit your use to 50 grams a day. I read somewhere that 50+ grams a day might cause tumors. I don't think it's been proven, but I believe...'better safe than sorry'...is a good motto to live by.

Morning Pep is extracted from birch trees. I use it in my cereal, coffee, & ice tea. It never leaves an aftertaste & sweetens just as sugar does. I haven't baked with it yet.

I want to warn you that xylitol is extremely toxic to dogs. It is estimated to be 100 times as toxic as chocolate. So don't share any of your xylitol sweetened food with your dog. None...not even a teeny, tiny piece.

Morning Pep Real Birch Xylitol is a product of the USA!

Tek Republic Gaming Keyboard Mono Color (Red) USB
Tek Republic Gaming Keyboard Mono Color (Red) USB
Offered by HuRu
7 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wired, full-size keyboard with red LED backlight (can be turned off). Up to 10 anti-ghosting keys...12 multi-media keys, December 19, 2014
This gaming, wired, full-size keyboard is powered by your laptop's USB port & is comfortable to use. It is 6" wide & doesn't take up as much room on our desk as some gaming keyboards.
The red backlit keys are easy to see & great for typing in a dark room. The backlight can be turned off.
The slim, chiclet keys are very responsive & don't take much effort or time to press down. They make a slight clicking sound when you depress them. None of them stick.
The keyboard's feet lift the back up about 1/2" for easier typing. The keyboard can be used with or without the feet.
The keyboard has a couple rubber tips to help prevent it from sliding around on your desk.

This keyboard features anti-ghosting up to 10 keys, 12 multi-media keys & is USB 2.

I like the feel of the keys, the response time & the sleek look of the keyboard which is finished in a glossy black. They keys have a matte finish and are not slippery.

Although this keyboard is designed for gaming, it's great for everyday use. I love the full-size, backlit keyboard & won't be using my laptop's keyboard again. This one is much nicer. I like the slim chiclet keys & the sound it makes too. Review sample provided

Dimensions
18 x 6.1 x 0.9 inches

Hell's Fortress (Righteous Series Book 7)
Hell's Fortress (Righteous Series Book 7)
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best in the series, but I'm glad I read it, December 19, 2014
Hell's Fortress, Book 7 of the Righteous Series, kept my interest. Even though it's my least favorite book in the series, I'm glad I read it.

With the world in chaos, Blister Creek is hanging on. The Quorum has a tough decision to make...should they attack the starving refugees who camped along the outer edge of Blister Creek? The refugees are polluting the water supply with dead bodies & chemicals. Meanwhile, Eliza and three others from Blister Creek set off into the desert, chaos, killing, lawlessness, & starvation to find Steve, the love of her life.

I'm looking forward to book 8, Blood of the Faithful, which will be released in early January. I understand it will finish the series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20