Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "tjm" RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA)

AZOO Mignon Filter 60
AZOO Mignon Filter 60
Price: $18.68
6 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I would oviously recommend this filter as I have 4 of them, February 7, 2016
This review is from: AZOO Mignon Filter 60 (Misc.)
I have one of these on each of my 3-gal Betta tanks. They keep the water perfectly clear and are toally silent. I went a different route than some regarding filter media using a Whisper Bio Bag size small cartridge mounted diagnally in the filter chamber. I found small, half ounce bags of ceramic rings at Petsmart and there's just enough room in the chamber for one of those as well. Reviewers who complain of noise either don't have the filter installed correctly or have a defective unit. Water flow is adjustable from a trickle that would not bother even the most sensative Betta to a flow that would suit a much larger tank. I would oviously recommend this filter as I have 4 of them.

HIKARI Betta Revive .08oz
HIKARI Betta Revive .08oz
Offered by Fat Happy Pets
Price: $4.68
17 used & new from $1.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Water = Live Fish, October 16, 2014
This review is from: HIKARI Betta Revive .08oz (Misc.)
Not sure if it was from stress or what, but my betta suddenly stopped eating and only moved out of his betta log to come up for air. One day he was a normal, active fish and the next day he seemd to lose interest in living. His water tested perfectly in his month-old home, no trauma, nothing to really stress over. After 4 days and several unsuccessful water changes, he had lost most of his color and I figured he was done for. I had come across Betta Revive a couple of weeks ago while looking for general betta-related items on Amazon and was impressed with it's almost full 5 star reviews. In desparation, I had a bottle of the stuff overnighted to me just to see if I could save Beta (get it? betta, Beta, heh heh). I added Betta Revive around 8:00 in the evening and by the time I had finished feeding my other fish, Beta had come out of his log and swam a circuit around his tank. We're talking IMMEDIATE response! He didn't do very much swimming, but it was the most he had done in 5 days. The next morning, (10 hours) his color had improved and he was moving around the tank. At 18 hours after the initial dose, his color was almost normal and he seemed much healthier. I changed his water and re-dosed the tank that night and by the next morning, he actually ate something! It was only a couple of pellets but it was his first meal in nearly 6 days. I'm just blown away in the difference the Betta Revive made in only 2 days! He's bright red again and he's eating. I highly recommend this stuff to anyone whose betta had shut-down as mine had. Saved his life.

Tetra 29002 Crescent Aquarium Kit, 3-Gallon
Tetra 29002 Crescent Aquarium Kit, 3-Gallon
Price: $45.01
14 used & new from $43.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars for Good Kit, September 17, 2014
First of all, THERE IS NO PERFECT AQUARIUM KIT. Everyone needs to get over the notion that everything in the kit is going to be top notch and realize that if you want perfection, you're going to have to buy the best components (tank, filter, light, ect) individually at a much higher price. All kits compromise in some way to save on the cost. That being said, this 3 gallon kit makes a pretty good betta tank. No leaks, good bright light (doesn't seem to bother my betta) and the much-maligned Tetra Whisper filter, while taking up a lot of tank space, functions perfectly. The filter IS cheap, which is reflected in the price of the kit, $29.99 on sale at Petsmart. I used the included suction cups and set the filter lower in the tank so the bottom of the outflow lip is even with the waterline. Using the lowest power setting, the filter produces very little current, keeps the tank clean, and is almost totally silent. My betta, Beta, has no problem with the current. If you're going to use a heater, buy the shortest 25w unit you can find as you only have about 7 1/2 inches of water in the tank.. A 7.5w heater may work, but you'd have to keep it cranked up pretty high to maintain the 80 degrees that bettas like. You definitely need the 25w unit for the 5 gal tank. If you do decide the filter takes up too much space inside the tank, a friend who has the same tank replaced hers with an Azoo Mignon 60. This hang-on filter is so small it fits in the cover's filter cutout with room for the heater right next to it. She uses the cutout for the heater cord for an airline tube. I may change to this setup in the future as it frees up quite a bit of slace inside the tank. Good setup, I would definitely buy again.

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Free
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Free
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing, August 4, 2014
Not terribly intuitive. Need to go a long distance to get items to solve puzzles at to he first of the game. Need frequent hits on the hint button.

Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet Cleaner with MaxExtract Technology, F8100900
Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet Cleaner with MaxExtract Technology, F8100900

3.0 out of 5 stars $400 Doorstop, May 8, 2010
I sang the praises of the Hoover Platinum to anyone who would listen for about 3 months. That's when everything began to go horribly wrong. I gave it a 3 star rating which is an average of 5 stars for an outstanding job of cleaning and 1 star for its awful build quality. The great job it does cleaning just doesn't outweigh the fact that Hoover has built a piece of junk. I had to have the first one I purchased replaced (see below) and the replacement worked great for about 3-4 months when parts started falling off. I have to have someone follow me around when I'm using it just to pick up the stuff that falls off so I can put the thing back together. Luckily, it's still under warranty and I can hopefully have all the problems fixed when I get a chance to take it into the repair shop. If they want more than 50 bucks to repair it, however, I'm just going to sell it to them for parts. The duct taped, leaky, floppy, raggedy piece of $400 junk just isn't worth any more than that to me at this point. Again, great job at cleaning, awful quality. I would not buy another one.

Pros:
Excellent cleaning performance
Wide cleaning swath
Seperate soap/water tanks
Clean water rinse
Powerful suction pulls most water out of carpet
Decent size holding tank
Heated drying
I like the long power cord although some people don't

Cons:
The first one I purchased had to be exchnaged after just 2 weeks because the brushes stopped working after about 30 seconds of cleaning.

Housing for the spot cleaner nozzle, which is also the heat indicator light and LED "dirt finder" light as well as the catch that holds the front cover on, just sort of flops around as the spring that holds it in place fell off and disappeared.

Cheap plastic catch that holds the dirty water tank closed falls off every time I open the lid to empty the tank. I think it once had a tension spring to hold it in place, but that disappeared months ago.

Dirty water holding tank began leaking all over the place if water sloshes around in it because the thin gasket that runs around the gap under the lid has become twisted an won't stay in place

Must carry the holding tank in 2 hands to empty it because it can come open and spill dirty water if you use the carrying handle

The handles you use to pull the soap and clean water tanks out have fallen apart and are now duct taped together

The machine has begun making a loud groaning noise when you pull it toward you for the rinse cycle

Picks up a tremendous amount of pet hair (have 2 Shelties) and wraps it around the brushes even if I vacuum before cleaning

Brushes have now stopped working AGAIN just like the first one I bought

Mr. Coffee IDS77 Electric Coffee Blade Grinder with Chamber Maid Cleaning System, Black
Price: $14.59
30 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprise! It actually works., October 26, 2006
This coffee grinder was an impulse purchase and I was fully prepared to return it because I didn't expect it to work as advertised. To my astonishment, the darned thing actually does a pretty good job. I have tried several coffee grinders over the years and have ended up giving all of them away to friends and family. I gave up on burr grinders because they are messy, hard to clean, produce a bitter powder, and are so noisy you almost need earplugs to use them. The blade grinders I have tried produced an inconsistent grind size and you have to experiment with the number of seconds it takes to get the grind right for the quantity of coffee you want to make. If you want to make more cups or less, you have to experiment all over again with the number of seconds you need to grind the beans. I ended up just having the coffee shop grind my Kenya AA beans for me and I buy smaller amounts so the coffee won't go stale before I can use it all.

This Mr.Coffee grinder is the only one I've ever tried that I think I can live with. First of all, this is a $19.95 grinder and not a $300 precision instrument designed to produce a perfect cup of expresso. Within those parameters, it does a really good job. The electronic grind and cup quantity settings take all of the guess work out of using a blade grinder. With this grinder, you use the guide on the side of the unit to measure your beans, choose a grind setting and the number of cups of coffee you want to make and a processor apparently calculates everything for you. You just hold the grind button down and the machine turns itself off after the correct number of seconds. No grind time experimentation is needed and the machine seems to get the grind just right all by itself. Cleanup is a snap, just remove the bowl from the base unit and put it on the top rack of your dishwasher. The ground coffee is actually easier to empty from the bowl than with most blade grinders. Rather than having to turn the entire unit upside down and shaking the grounds into your coffeemaker, you just remove the grinder bowl, turn it upside down in a small plastic bowl, and tap it against the counter to get the coffee out.

The reviewer who complained about the short cord length apparently did not realize there is 3 feet of hidden cord wrapped around the inside of the base of the unit. All you have to do is pull it out.

While durability must be proven over time, I'm most impressed with this $19.95 grinder. Even if it only lasts for 2 years, you could afford to buy 30 of them for what a small professional grade burr grinder would cost and it's actually easier to live with than the pro grade grinder would be.
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2014 6:03 AM PDT

Deception Point
Deception Point
by Dan Brown
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
789 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story amongst the filler, September 30, 2003
This was an excellent book marred by chapters full of what I would call "filler". The plot of the book is moving right along, when everything comes to a sudden halt with an entire chapter full of background info on one of the character or interrupted with seemingly useless interaction among other characters in the book. As an example, the main character can be at death's door on an iceberg when the story line suddenly switches to what politician had sex with which assistant on who's desk in Washington D.C. I found myself skimming page after page to get back to the "action". Again, this was a very good book with a great plot, but it should have been about one-third shorter.