Profile for AndreaF > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 135

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AndreaF RSS Feed (Oceanside, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Best Natural Bully Sticks - Odor Free - 6'' Regular Bully Sticks - 8-Ounce Bag - 100% Beef Grain-Free Dog Treats - Low in Fat - High in Protein - Healthy and Delicious All Natural Dog Chews - Your Dog Happy or Your Money Back ***GUARANTEED***
Offered by Best For My Pets
Price: $48.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Treat time is happy time!, August 18, 2014
Our 7 month old GSD absolutely LOVES these bully sticks! I started giving them to him almost two weeks ago, and since he knows where they're kept, he will jump up whenever I walk by that shelf and give me *the eye* -- hoping it's treat time.

First, these treats last a long time, keeping my almost 80 lb boy both happy and busy as he chews away. I noticed the "odor free" claim, so got down on the floor while he was gnawing on a stick and stuck my face next his to take a whiff. He looked at me somewhat oddly, but stopped chewing long enough to give me a giant kiss, so I'm glad to say that the claim was true. Of course it had *an* odor, but it was very mild compared to some other treats, and I didn't find it at all questionable. And by "questionable" I mean "disgusting".

Finally, every time he's had a treat I've... well... checked his digestion, so to speak. I'm happy to report that he's suffered no ill effects and that all is normal in that area.

I was provided a sample for review, and highly recommend these dog treats!

Episode 3 (Original UK Edition) [HD]
Episode 3 (Original UK Edition) [HD]
DVD
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Season 4..., August 8, 2014
Regardless of the horrible ending to Season 3, from which I eventually recovered, I still really like the story of Downton Abbey and all of its denizens. I continue to be enthralled by the scenery and costumes, but am becoming a bit disinterested in the lives of some of the characters. However, in my opinion the acting remains superb, and -- for the most part -- I enjoyed watching Season 4.

Okay; "for the most part", but not entirely. I have to say that it really changed the dynamic of the show for me when Matthew went to that Great Law Firm in the sky, and then we had to watch Mary heal from her grief by first acting like her and Matthew's baby was a complete stranger to her, then by immersing herself in the estate's business exploits and fending off a stable of suitors while only being a mother in seemingly 30-second increments. Her storyline wasn't a complete disaster, and I still love Lady Mary, but this was a bit hard to swallow...

... as was the constant angst displayed by Tom about being a part of Downton. We get it... you're an urchin from Dublin (or wherever) who doesn't belong to the aristocracy so you're going to continue to make poor decisions regarding moderately attractive gold-digging women. That's great. Look... Tom is one of my favorites, so please don't ruin him by making him so WEAK and then attaching him to some weaselly broad.

Anna and Bates. I'm not a big fan of these two anymore, but I thought the tragic event was kind of oddly written/handled. Not badly done, but the resolution/Bates finally finding out was somewhat awkward. And now we have the inevitable "did Bates really do it??" storyline. For the record, I hope he did do it.

Cora still sounds and acts like Carole Channing. It's maddening, and it sets my teeth on edge to listen to her.

Poor Edith... will she ever catch a break? Sheesh.

The only unbearable part, to me, was Shirley Maclaine being brought back as Cora's artless, tactless, obnoxious, arrogant mother. As though the character isn't already written to be an unlikeable woman, they had to cast the most annoying, no-talent, abrasive has-been to amp up the unlikeability to epic levels. That's just my opinion -- I fast-forwarded through old Shirley's scenes, and will continue to do so as long as she's screeching around the set.

The remaining story lines were good. Of course, there was some room for character growth here and there (hello, Thomas), and I hope that the show gets back on track with Season 5. I think that what's needed is the same sense of a personal relationship between writer and characters that we saw in seasons 1-3.

Retractable Dog Leash - Ergonomic Design with Smooth Leash Retraction - Leash Extends up to 16 Feet and Supports Dogs up to 44 Pounds © Pet Magasin
Offered by PetMagasin Direct
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked very well for our GSD pup!, August 8, 2014
I've used this leash for a month while walking our GSD puppy, who has grown immensely from the time I received the leash until now, and can say that this is a high-quality leash that worked well when he was a medium sized puppy, and continues to work well as he has grown into a rather large 6-month old pup who currently weighs in at around 75 lbs.

The leash moves smoothly while extending and retracting, with no tangles or catches in the mechanisms. The handle is comfortable and neither my husband nor I had any problems while walking our dog.

That said, it should be noted that we trained our dog to walk/heel on the leash prior to using this product, so results may be different for a medium/large dog owner who has not yet trained their pet to walk correctly and obey commands.

I received a complimentary leash for review.

Vikings Season 2
Vikings Season 2
DVD
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Vikings: Survival of the Fittest!, August 8, 2014
There aren't many things that I can say about the Vikings series that hasn't already been said really well by the other (1000+!) reviewers, so I am opining purely from a stance of enjoyment. That being said, I should also clarify right away that I do realize that the Legend of Ragnar Lothbrok is wide and varied, and that this particular interpretation of his life is probably a conglomeration of the various stories recorded and told, so I'm not really concerned about the *precise* historical accuracy of the series. After doing some light internet research on Ragnar et al -- which quickly turned into complicated and heavy research -- I know that any historian or historical society would be hard-pressed to pin down an exact account of Ragnar's life, so appreciate the efforts that have been made by the creators of "Vikings".

First, I really love the writing of the series, as it adds to the production of the show in realizing a high level of authenticity which gives me, the viewer, a feeling of being present while watching my favorite characters battle their way through life, and thus proving that Survival of the Fittest was indeed true in the time of the fierce Viking warriors.

Secondly, I also really love the casting -- Travis Fimmel and Clive Standen, especially! -- and feel that every character is very well represented by the actor playing them. I even love the Seer. It must be said, however, that my absolute favorite character is Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick, beautiful!), and I hope that she continues to rise in personal and political power. I was rooting for her reunion with Ragnar, and still feel like one may be imminent, but now I'm not so sure that she needs him and his drama.

Of course, the scenery and costumes are outstanding and I am currently campaigning in my house for a visit to Scandinavia, which I fully expect to win since I recently lost my campaign for a Viking shield and axe for Mother's Day.

I definitely recommend watching this series!

Fanci-Full Temporary Hair Color - 21 Plush Brown: 9 OZ
Fanci-Full Temporary Hair Color - 21 Plush Brown: 9 OZ
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $8.61
8 used & new from $4.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Little to no coverage, August 8, 2014
I have dark brown curly/wavy hair, with grays around my crown and face and purchased this product in the hopes that it would be a good temporary (at most, 8-10 hours) gray cover-up. It's not a good cover-up for my grays, at all.

First, this product is heavy and made my hair appear somewhat oily after it dried. The color itself was very faint, at best. I understand that it's a "temporary" color, but that implies that the color is first actually present before it is able to fade.

I was disappointed with the results of this product on my hair, as it didn't work at all for me.

Clairol Age Defy Expert Collection 3.5 Darkest Brown 1 Kit, 1.000-Kit
Clairol Age Defy Expert Collection 3.5 Darkest Brown 1 Kit, 1.000-Kit
Price: $7.44

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor gray coverage, didn't work well for me, August 8, 2014
I used this home dye with a lot of confidence; one of my favorite products to extend my hair color between professional colorings is Clairol's Root Touch-Up, so when I saw this, I decided to forgo a professional color completely and try Age Defy, Darkest Brown.

The product itself is easy to use, more mildly scented than many other dyes, and the box that I purchased included some color-friendly shampoo as well as the conditioner that is always included. After initial application and rinse, my hair looked okay... I could see that too-familiar shadow of roots that are lighter than the rest of my hair immediately, regardless of the fact that I left the product on for 15 extra minutes (I have very stubborn grays, so adjust processing time accordingly, if using home dyes -- which isn't very often). In fact, some of the grays retained zero color and were still just... gray.

My hair is curly/wavy and thick, usually in pretty good condition, but a week after use it was not only very obviously two different colors, it was also very dry and somewhat frizzy.

Unfortunately, this product did not work at all for me.

Stainless Steel Shot Glasses - Top Quality 2 fl oz Shooter Glasses (4 Pack) With Genuine Leather Case - Funny, Cool, Cheap, Rediculous & Humorous Gift Idea, Novelty Metal Shot Glass / Jigger Set For Men - Unique Party, Barware, Office Gag, Drinking Games & Fathers Day, Gift Set of 4
Offered by Living Concept
Price: $24.95
2 used & new from $13.45

5.0 out of 5 stars A Space Odyssey..., May 29, 2014
These shot glasses are adorable! I was pretty excited to show them to other people, so took them to the Memorial Day cookout that we attended with family and friends. After assembling about half the guests around the patio table, I held up the leather case and announced that I had something to show them... which really got their attention, considering I was acting like I had a Plutonium 2000 missile. (It would have been kind of appropriate to hear "The Dawn of Man" playing in the background when I unzipped the case and removed the shot glasses, but no dice.)

I held the Rackies up for all to marvel, and my son (USMC) said, "What the (bleep) are those? BOOBS?" -- which snapped everyone to attention, and then they all automatically wanted to see them. This led to most of them -- people of all ages -- wanting to use them and, finally, keep them. The females in the group especially liked the stainless steel glasses, which were nice and smooth; my 70 year old mother thought they were hilarious, and my son's girlfriend not only loved them, she also went so far as to try to scrape off the logo with her fingernail, just to see if it would stay on.
It did.

I'm really happy that I was offered a set of Rackies for review, and would definitely recommend them as gifts (maybe with a bottle of your favorite shot beverage), or as additions to a bar or collection. Recommended!

UTG Multi-functional Tactical Messenger Bag - Dark Earth
UTG Multi-functional Tactical Messenger Bag - Dark Earth
Price: Click here to see our price
11 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars "This thing is GREAT!", May 13, 2014
If I had a hundred dollars (thank you, Inflation) for every time I've heard my husband rave about this tac-bag, I'd be a gloriously rich woman right now. He LOVES this product, stuffing it full of whatever the heck he's carrying around on that particular day, using every pocket (it has a jillion pockets) and zipper and clasp that is on there. He can fit snacks, tools, radios, tools, beverages, more tools, and a couple of weapons with ammo into it with no problem.

He really loves it... so much so that, when I teased him about having a "man-purse" (this think looks NOTHING like a purse, by the way, it's CLEARLY a tactical bag), he hooted at me and yelled, "YEP!" as he charged out the door and off to the rifle range. Took the wind right out of *my* sails, I tell ya!

So, we both really recommend this product. I may have to review it again... he keeps trying to get me to buy one for myself!

Zeetron© iPhone 4 Black Premium Screen Repair Kit For AT&T ONLY (Full Tool Kit + Screen Protector + Zeetron Cloth)
Offered by Zeetron
Price: $37.99
2 used & new from $37.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The screen worked well..., May 13, 2014
... but the screwdriver kit did not. My husband has replaced his fair share of screens on various tech devices (laptops, iPods, nokia phones, iPhones, etc) but his small screwdriver sets had apparently gone missing -- as evidenced by all of the cussing and banging noises coming from the garage -- so we ordered this screen/tool kit combo.

Everything was included in the package as advertised, and the shipment came quickly, but when he tried to unscrew the (somewhat notorious, I have to admit) bottom screws on the iPhone, the screwdrivers provided were completely ineffectual and we had to purchase a new set at the local hardware store.

On the bright side, now we have 3 sets of mini-screwdrivers; naturally, the other two surfaced about a week after our newest purchase. C'est la vie!

Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, Honeysuckle, 3.3 Ounce
Price: $20.79
11 used & new from $18.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and fresh!, March 28, 2014
I received a bottle of this delightful perfume for Valentine's Day, and I love it. The scent is really light, a touch sweet (like honeysuckle!), and not at all heavy or cloying. I use it with another (also lightly scented) floral body lotion about an hour before I leave home and it seems to last for quite a while.

However, my experience has been that it does not last all day, instead maybe a half of a workday; after all, it is a really light scent. It may last a longer or shorter amount of time for others, that's just my experience.

Recommended!