Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for Bruce W. Johns > Reviews

Browse

Bruce W. Johns' Profile

Customer Reviews: 90

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bruce W. Johns "Belgragahd" RSS Feed (Rockford Illinois USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers, Black
Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers, Black
Price: $49.99
4 used & new from $26.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible App selection. Crappy memory allocation., February 14, 2016
It's a terrible tablet. The app store is Amazon's proprietary app selections only. No Snapchat. No Vine. What's the point of having front and rear facing camera's if NONE of the apps you use these for are available? The memory is so bad you can't have any of the games you want. You can't upgrade the memory with external SD cards. You can't do anything with this tablet when compared to your phone. It's a giant waste of $50. DO NOT BUY!!!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2016 3:30 PM PST

When I'm Small
When I'm Small
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love this song, March 29, 2015
This review is from: When I'm Small (MP3 Music)
This is a catchy haunting tune. The metaphorical undertones about death and loneliness are as potent as it's beat. I really love this song.

Khanka Universal Game Holder Mount Clip Cradle for PS3 Controller Connected Apple iPhone 5 5S 6 Plus/Samsung Galaxy S4 S5 i9500 Note 2 3/LG/Sony/Smartphone
Offered by Khankastore
Price: $10.69
2 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are a gamer and own a smart phone, this is a no brainer, March 29, 2015
If you are a gamer and own a smart phone, this is a no brainer. Also works as a stand alone stand and holder for your phone. If you are a Play Station or Xbox fan you can use this stand/holder. This is perfect for holding your phone for watching Netflix, or playing touch screen games. Having both hands free when Skyping is a plus as well. Don't think of this just as a gaming stand. It has many more uses.

Foxx Best Bluetooth Speaker with the Most Features and Best Specs for the Price, Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, High Quality Sound with Loud Beats, High Capacity Rechargeable Battery, Perfect for iPhone, iPad, MP3 Speaker, Computer Speaker

2.0 out of 5 stars CHINESE SPEAKER THAT FOXX HAS PAINTED THEIR NAME ON., March 29, 2015
*UPDATE- After less than 2 months the battery life is less than an hour. Charging light NEVER goes off even when left to charge overnight. Just spend the extra money and a name brand speaker. Also have seen this exact speaker minus the Foxx name, for far less on Amazon. They just slapped their name in the sude if some cheap Chinese speaker. DO NOT BUY YOU WILL REGRET IT! I have only had this device for a day. I love it. Let me preface this review by saying this is the first Bluetooth wireless speaker I have ever owned. I just wanted to write that because I may have new gadget syndrome. Firstly the sound is perfect. It's not a boombox from my childhood, but it gets the job done. Let's face it, the sound is the most important part of any listening device, and this one is excellent. I used it in my car and was pleased with the quality and volume of the sound. At maximum volume there was no sound distortion or crackling. The bass isn't going to disturb your neighbors, but isn't nonexistent either. I list to a wide variety of music and it held it's own against techno/dubsteb from Skrillex as well as playing Beck's Morning Phase. The 2 small speakers are like mid-range speakers in your car, not as powerful but quite good. I'm sorry I am really liking the ability to walk around with my phone in my pocket while listening to music or an audio book or even as a sound boost when watching Netflix on my phone.
Honestly every portable Bluetooth speaker will eventually be compared to the Beats Pill. I have only had an experience with the Beats Pill once in a Walmart. I was surprised by how great that device was. This device is not a Beats Pill. This is an excellent and inexpensive alternative to that device. My 4 star rating is a comparison to the Beats Pill, which as of this review costs $169 on Amazon. The Pill also has twice the number of speakers and, as a result twice the sound. For the price you can't do better than the Foxx speaker (I wish they would just call it the Foxx). For any price, you can't do much better than the Foxx speaker.
The look and feel of this device is aesthetically pleasing. Amazon Basics put out awesome products. I have had no time with their Bluetooth device. Just looking at the 2 devices, I like the Foxx better. It's smooth sleek design looks like it's an alarm clock from the future. The actual feel, meaning tactile sensation, is pretty nice. I don't use phrases like "Smooth as a baby's bottom" very often, if ever, but this is as smooth as a baby's bottom.
The cons are few, however there are some. No display has made it impossible for me to use the radio feature. I haven't investigated it too much, but will update when I figure it all out. The design, while aesthetically pleasing, can make for a frustrating car ride if you, like me, put it in the console of your car. However I doubt the Pill or Amazon's device would fair any better in a road test. I'm a 3rd shift guy, so most of my driving is at night. The flashing blue light, that flashes while in use or in the on mode, was distracting while driving. I can only guess as to the reason the designers decided to add a flashing blue light to the design. My guess is it looks cool. I would leave that out of the next iteration as I'm sure it doesn't help conserve battery life.
Over all It's a cool looking and FUNctional device. See what I did there? I capitalized FUN in functional. It's fun to have, and easy to use. Pairing it to my Galaxy S4 was almost instant and super easy. I hope the Foxx brand is around for many more iterations of this great device.

The Evil Within
The Evil Within
Offered by FRONTIER HOBBY SHOP
Price: $18.35
137 used & new from $10.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Glad I rented it first., February 19, 2015
This review is from: The Evil Within (Video Game)
I didn't buy this game. After the Master Chief Collection came out completely broken, I don't buy games without playing them first. The only reason to have Game fly is to save me from the disappointment that I would have felt if I had bought this game. I wanted to buy this game after an ad showed people's reaction to the game. Glad I waited. Let me say this game was slow. I didn't know about the comparison to Resident Evil else I wouldn't have been so keen on this game. I dislike RE games because they're slow also. Bad camera angles, slow play, and an inability to make choices plague RE games. This was a lot like those. I really didn't get more than an hour into it before it went back in the mail. No running in a game is just a way to artificially extend game play, as is forcing players to wait for a character to leave a room before you can move forward. The very beginning epitomizes just how little thought went in to making a FUN game. Making a game with a weapon system like this game has is a slap in the face to all who buy it. A frustrating and confounding weapon mechanic, like only using a melee weapon once then poof, is NOT fun. All the elitists out there are going to say the weapon mechanics make it hard or challenging. I say hard or challenging dies not equal fun. Hard games can be fun, this is not so with this game. Again, it seems like every aspect of this game was designed to artificially extend the game play length. I give it 2 stars for the graphics only. Somebody needs to hire the art department from this game and put them to work with a good design team. I'm so let down by Bethesda. With the success of their open world Fallout, series I thought they would know what gamers like. This game is the opposite of Fallout. Why would you do the opposite of what was a hit 4 times? Some enjoyed this game. Good for them. I am so let down by this game. It's no wonder it's in the bargain bin at half price less than 4 months after release. Actually it was in the bargain bin back in December. In contrast Far Cry 4 is awesome.

Arn: The Knight Templar [Blu-ray]
Arn: The Knight Templar [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Joakim Nätterqvist
Offered by Media Favorites
Price: $10.49
24 used & new from $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Aspect ratio issues plague this great film., February 4, 2015
This is a review of the Blueray. I couldn't watch the movie as the aspect ratio distorts the movie as to appear scrunched and smashed together. No way to fix it. After ejecting the disc, the aspect ratio did not return to normal. I had to reset my player. I have a 24 inch plasma. The aspect ratio converted the picture to a 13 inch screen size. Elongated heads and bodies take away from a great story. Between the Swiss and Arabic dialogue, there is quite a bit of reading. I enjoy reading books, but reading subtitles really takes me out of the story. When will film makers realize this? I think they believe it makes the film more authentic, but not knowing the true nature of the dialogue, due to not being able to" read" pitch and tone fluctuations in the speech patterns of the characters, makes it confusing and annoying. Again the movie is great, but the Blueray is less than 5 bucks for a reason. It's a broken release.

Go Pet Club Cat Tree, 50W x 26L x 72H, Beige
Go Pet Club Cat Tree, 50W x 26L x 72H, Beige
Price: $78.56
19 used & new from $73.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The cats love it., January 14, 2015
Easy to assemble. Been almost 2 months and not a single loose thread. The cats love it. What more do you need to know?

Deadwood: Season 3
Deadwood: Season 3
DVD ~ Timothy Olyphant
22 used & new from $10.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Come on and make movie already!, January 14, 2015
This review is from: Deadwood: Season 3 (DVD)
This is a great season of a great show. Sadly the last season of this great series leaves some serious cliffhangers, but it's still worth a watch. Full of foul language, violence, and nudity. A must see.

The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco
The Sopranos Family Cookbook: As Compiled by Artie Bucco
by Allen Rucker
Price: $14.65
471 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A treat for any Sopranos fan., January 14, 2015
Actual recipes with a Sopranos themed spin. From comments and pictures of the characters to the way it's written, this is an excellent recipe book. I bought one for the collector in me, so I haven't made any dishes, but it seems to be easy to follow. Clearly written instructions and precise measurements make me wan to try my hand at cooking. Mostly inexpensive recipes and mostly Italian dishes.

Stopitt Medicated Shampoo 8oz + Anti-dandruff Hair and Scalp Treatment 4 Oz
Stopitt Medicated Shampoo 8oz + Anti-dandruff Hair and Scalp Treatment 4 Oz
Offered by BeautyOnline
Price: $21.49
4 used & new from $13.10

2.0 out of 5 stars Head & Shoulders in a medical looking bottle., January 14, 2015
Maybe it's because I have very bad dandruff, I have dandruff in my eyebrows, but the shampoo didn't work any better than Head and Shoulders. The cream may work, why I gave 2 stars instead of 1, but it smelled bad. I tried it a couple of times and no noticeable change, but my girlfriend and I both hated the medicinal smell. The shampoo doesn't lather well, so I tended to use more than I would've used for other shampoos. My thoughts are it's just Head n Shoulders in a medical looking bottle. I can't claim the cream is good or bad for removing dandruff, but it worked great as girlfriend repellant. I just shave my head now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9