Profile for Marie M. S. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marie M. S. "Lover of creativity, whether in books, games, or movies" RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

CrossMe Premium Nonograms
CrossMe Premium Nonograms
Price: $4.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Needs internet a acces just to run?, April 11, 2014
This review is from: CrossMe Premium Nonograms (App)
Why does a game like this need internet access to play? It makes no sense and frankly, if I can't play it when I want because of something so stupid as internet access that it doesn't even need, then to me it has completely failed in its goal of entertaining me and this failed as a game. I'm just thankful I got this as a free-app-of-the-day. If I'd had to pay for it is be asking for my money back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2014 3:58 AM PDT

Jelly Defense
Jelly Defense
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't Start, December 3, 2011
This review is from: Jelly Defense (App)
Fun to play but half the time the program won't even start. The screen goes black and it says at the top thats it's started but then it immediately crashes before any of the images can even load.

The Longest Journey: Adventure Game of the Year Edition - PC
The Longest Journey: Adventure Game of the Year Edition - PC
12 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, indepth, and lovely all around!, January 19, 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First off, the storytelling in this game will blow you away. You can get as indepth as you want, learning all about all the characters, or you can scratch the surface, playing just what you need to get through the story. (Personally, I recommend going indepth.) The voice-acting is beyond wonderful; you'll rarely find voice-acting this good outside high budget animated movies. The story itself is original in some aspects and yet comfortably familiar in others.

The characters themselves are the one of the real prizes of the game. April, the main character, is someone you can identify with and whom you eventually come to care for. All of the characters have a healthy dose of sarcasm to liven up the dull moments and Crow has remained of my favorite characters of all time.

I ran into no problems bug-wise and only had problems with two puzzles. The interface isn't really anything that new, it's a point-and-click adventure; if you don't like that kind you shouldn't buy this game. However, even today, the backgrounds have held up as some of the most beautiful art inside a game that I have ever seen and, even now, when I play it, it still impresses me.

The only real problem I had is that I've always felt frustrated with the lack of resolve at the end of the story. It felt to me as though they told half of it and then didn't finish it. However, a sequel, Dreamfall, is currently in the works so that makes me less frustrated.

Overall I think is one of the best games I have ever played, period. The minute I finished the first time, I went and played it again, that's how good it is. Still engaging no matter how many times I play it, I still find something new in it. I would definately recommend it.