Profile for Maria Mermigi > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Maria Mermigi RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Best Haircuts For Your Face Shape
Best Haircuts For Your Face Shape

5.0 out of 5 stars *** VERY USEFUL ***, November 15, 2012
Due to my rather noticeable nose, my haircuts in the past have varied from unnoticeable to complete disasters. I guess leaving it to my hairdresser to choose for me, wasn't a fine idea either.
After reading Beauty Tips: Be Pretty and Confident, this book seemed like a good continuation. And it actually is!
Finally I know what kind of haircut flatters my face and helps to hide the memorable size of this nose of mine.
All this may sound kind of silly, especially to men who may be reading it, but most women can recognize and sympathize my agony. In our daily struggle to look our best, we end up knowing our strong and weak points, especially in the face. And since this is the first thing anyone notices about us when they see us, it's only natural that we want to make it look as best as possible. So forgive me if I give too much attention to my nose but the truth is, that if I can find a way to turn it into less showing, I'll do it! And if a certain haircut will flatter my face shape more than another, I'll choose it for sure!
Susan Strasburg has written a great book, very valuable and we should thank her!
Now I've got to run. I have an hair-do appointment!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2013 1:27 PM PDT

The Ultimate Natural Detox Guide: Achieve Better Health, Lose Weight and Feel Great!
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars *** TIME TO GET THOUSE TOXINS OUT FOR GOOD! ***, November 15, 2012
My eye fell upon the " Ultimate natural detox guide" as I had finished reading the very interesting book of similar genre, Weight Loss Tips: Wake Up and Be Fit and I thought it seemed intriguing.
I have heard a lot about detox diets but to be honest, I never really paid much attention. After reading this book I realized what a fool I've been. It's so important and so beneficial to reject the toxins from our system that, not doing it, seems to me now totally ubsurd. Reading in this book how easy it is, makes me having second thoughts.
I could never imagine how beneficial simple water and a glass of juice are to the fight or our body against both the toxins and the fat. This book kind of opened my eyes. The detox plan mentioned in "The Ultimate natural detox guide" is very easy to adopt and I think everyone can adjust it to their everyday routine. As for the Detox plan recipe has some informative tips that if you don't know them, you can never work out the plan successfully.
Steve Craig has written a book that is extremely useful. It talks mainly about fitness and good health, which gives an extra bonus of losing weight too. His writing is very easy to comprehend because he doesn't use terms that could be unknown to the common reader.
I think this is a good book to read and keep.

Style Secrets Every Fashionista Should Know: Tips from recognized style experts on all things clothes, hair, makeup and more. (Expert Secrets 101 Kindle Book Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars *** A MAKE-OVER FROM TIP TO TOE ***, November 14, 2012
After I dug in Fashion: Change The Way You Look and Feel I thought I should look at what a woman would have to say about this subject too. So I chose this book which is almost as great as the one above!
Mary Avant has written a solid, good book. "Style Secrets every fashionista should know" is thorough and fashionably delectable. If you follow her tips you get to be a fashionista from the head to the toes. She hasn't left anything out. Hair, face, clothes, shoes, lingerie, you name it, she has the answer.
She knows what's trendy and shares the knowledge with you. But mostly, she helps you realize what looks good on you and doesn't just present you with the things that are fashionable. She understands the meaning of "style" and how it is a very personal issue and different for each one of us. So, by reading her book you don't get to be a fashion victim and dress up like a model you saw in a magazine, whether it suits you or not. You get to wear what makes you look best and still be in fashion. And that's a big plus in my book!
She even gives advice on accessorizing which is a great big deal in fashion. The wrong accessories can be disastrous and spoil the whole look. You can easily go from fashionable to ridiculous if you accessorize too much.
I think Mary Avant is very well informed in this field and we are lucky that she decided not to withhold this information.
Thank god for female solidarity!

Fast Weight Loss: Quick And Easy Ways To Obtain That Fabulous Body That You Have Been Wanting For So Long

5.0 out of 5 stars *** BRILLIANT AND SIMPLE ***, November 14, 2012
Like all women, I think, from time to time I have succumbed to several speed diets or "wonder diets" which have left me dizzy with exhaustion, vanished from hunger, and with very petty results to show. Even if I lost some pounds I gained them so quickly, that it was like I never even had the diet.
"Fast weight loss" is not a miracle worker. Stephen Williams doesn't pretend to be a wizard. He simply states a few facts and gives some tips that are really beneficial, if you want to lose some weight. And the key word here of course, is "want". Because if you don't actually put it in your mind to do so, whatever anyone tells you, you'll never get it accomplished.
It's a beautiful book. I hoped it was a little longer, although I'm not sure what more could he write. The tips and tricks he offers, are simple to do, but very effective. Strategies that any of us can follow, without really disturb our every day's program and without spending a small fortune on carrying them out.
Once again, a man gives a great solution on a women's problem. Williams does this all the time, with other books of his as well. God, I think I'd want to meet him just to ask him how in the world he does that! He is descriptive, right to the point and he knows what he is talking about!
I think all women should read this book and quite a few men too. His tips could easily work on both sexes.
Way to go Mr Williams! Can't wait to see what you got next for us!

He Came with the Cottage: A Sensual Romance Special (Sandra Ross Erotic Romances Book 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars ***A WONDERFUL LOVE STORY***, November 13, 2012
I have to admit. Reading the title I wasn't really intrigued. But knowing Sandra Ross and her quality writing there's no way I would surpass one of her books.
"He came with the cottage" is a solid, beautiful romance story. It's about a woman, Shanna, who wants a refugee after a heart-breaking relationship that ended badly. So she finds this lovely remote cottage in the country which is the perfect place to heal. Except that along with the cottage goes a man! Aaron is the caretaker of the place, a handsome and friendly individual who helps her find her peace of mind and heart in this lovely scenery. It's only a matter of time before their easy-going friendship sparkles up into something more intense and vibrant.
Sandra Ross is a master of spicy love stories. The heat emitting from her love scenes is always stimulating and refreshing. Her descriptions are vivid and lavish and the characters are very interesting and easy to relate to. It's always a joy reading her work because she is a great writer.
"He came with the cottage" attracted my attention from the first pages and kept it alive and kicking up to the end.
It's a lovely book, an enthralling love story that gave me a really good time.
I may even read it for a second time, even though I don't usually do so.

Stop the Wedding! (a romantic comedy)
Stop the Wedding! (a romantic comedy)

5.0 out of 5 stars ***FUNNY AND ROMANTIC!***, November 13, 2012
I recently finished reading the Love Isn't Blind: A Sweet and Special Romances Collection and I found myself lingering in a quite romantic mood, so I decided to look for another book feeding this urge of mine.
I ended up with "Stop the wedding" and frankly, I'm not disappointed at all.
It's a story about Annabelle Coackley, a young attorney who finds out that her charming and little naïve widow mother has decided to get married again to a rather infamous aged star who has already six other marriages in his past with at least one of them to a lady half his age. It's only natural that Annabelle runs to the rescue of her mother. However the groom-to-be has a son who also runs to the rescue of his father, believing he has once again found a bride in love with his money and not his personality. When the two young saviors meet, things really get messy. Trying to prevent marriage between their parents find themselves falling in love with each other!
The story is rather common and yet the way Stephanie Bonds writes it, is unique. It's funny, romantic and quite entertaining. The characters are witty and vivid, charming and colorful and the plot flows unfettered and solid.
You will laugh, you will be amused and you will be touched.
But most of all you will enjoy every single word of it.
I love it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2012 11:29 PM PST

Best Sex Positions: The Best Erotic Positions To Unleash Wild Fantasies That Will Make Her Beg For More!

5.0 out of 5 stars ***NICE MOVES!!***, November 10, 2012
Stephen Williams has done it again! "Best sex positions" is a Manual with a capital M!
At first, when I start reading it, I thought there's no way that some of these positions are even possible. Now, I have to admit, that is untrue. The positions suggested in the book are not difficult in performing and they're actually fun to try.
Of course it's all about trusting your partner to work with you in order to achieve the maximum pleasure. Some of them are quite bold but the results are remarkably satisfying, so it's worth the effort. And practice makes perfect.
I think couples will benefit a lot from this book and I believe that even single people will find it very inspiring in order to input more sparkles in their sex lives.
Finding the right partner is the key to a healthy and beautiful sex life. But even with the person you love and feel attracted to, sometimes sex can become boring, especially after a while. Spicing up things in bed a little is always a plus and we all know that sex is a basic factor in a relationship. If the temperature in bed is below zero, this will definitely influence other sectors of the relationship as well.
"Best Sex positions: Creative ways to add excitement in bed" is a good book. It's a light-to-read, easy-to-comprehend and simple-to-put-in-use writing, which if nothing else, will cause some real amusement when you try to perform in the positions indicated within.
I like it!

Hair Pulling Disorder: What is it?
Hair Pulling Disorder: What is it?
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars QUITE USEFUL!, November 10, 2012
Recently I read the book Hair Loss: Erase The Embrassment which I found really interesting and now I just found this one which talks about a slightly different situation but with the same results.
"Hair pulling disorder: what is it?" by Frances Robinson is really good. It refers to a disorder that not many books have dealt with and even some doctors are not familiar to this subject.
It's a disorder in which the individuals have the tendency to pull out hair from their body or more often from their heads. It may sound kind of funny or maybe insignificant but it's actually very serious because their obsession drives them to empty whole areas of their skull. And then of course guilt and embarrassment stress them even more and they continue it, usually in more severe tempo.
I know they rarely seek professional help. They hardly ever discuss their problem with even their loved ones.
The information given by Frances Robinson is very valuable. He gives answers to many questions as to how a person can end up having this disorder, the most possible reasons for getting it. People say that the first step in solving a problem is identifying it and finding the cause of it. In this case "Hair pulling disorder: what is it?" is a good guide to that direction.
Robinson's writing is solid and easy to understand, without many difficult, specialized terms.
I think it was a very good idea for someone to write such a book and I believe that many people will agree with me.
I just hope it will help the ones who really need it.

Erotic Sex: Best Sexual Ways To Reconnect With Your Partner And Bring Back The Urge With You

4.0 out of 5 stars AT LAST! THE TRUTH IS OUT!, November 9, 2012
Thank god there's at least one man, Stephen Williams, who knows what sex is all about. His book "Erotic Sex: More than just penetration" should be read by men all over the globe.
He is very accurately pointing out that our sex life can be much more than a few preliminary moves and an endless, boring line of pushing and pulling.
Sex, besides being a basic physical need, is also one of the most essential pleasures in life. Performed properly it can provide smiles that last for days, for all parties included. But like everything in our disposal, it can be taken for granted and become a dull procedure in which we give very little effort.
Most couples in our time, especially the ones who are for a long time together, have sex just because they can, or must. Spicing the act is not on their daily agenda although they know it can't be beneficial to their relationship.
This book can and will make a difference if only, one takes the time to read it. It gives simple pointers and tips that will turn up the heat in bed, and not only, easily and successfully. It also provides advice and information about issues that seem too delicate and sensitive to discuss with our sex partner. Expressing exactly what stimulates us in sex is the only sure way to get it and Stephen Williams offers us the means to do so.
It's a valuable book in many ways and it is written in a very simple-to-read manner. Couples could read it together and exchange impressions, single guys or girls should study it if they want to enjoy a healthy sex life. It is addressed to all ages, both sexes and all cultures. It points out the truth without being provocative or insulting, just straight-forward and honest.
In my experience, it's a good book to read.

Make Him Beg To Be Your Boyfriend In 6 Simple Steps
Make Him Beg To Be Your Boyfriend In 6 Simple Steps

3.0 out of 5 stars HAD FUN READING IT!, November 9, 2012
After having read the Dating: Be Successful By Getting The Basic this book caught my intention, mostly because of the many reviews it has got. They are controversial but most of them positive, so I thought I'd give it a chance.
"Make him beg to be your boyfriend in 6 simple steps" is actually a very decent report. In merely 30 pages it gives some really good pointers on men with commitment issues. I don't know if all the tips work. At my current state I have no need to use them, but I've recommended the report to a friend of mine who could use it in a very desperate way. So I'm waiting for the results, from her. However in the past I have used a couple of them and to my surprise, they worked like a charm.
Surely it's beneficial to have a friend behind the enemy lines, meaning it's good to have a man advising you about men. I've shown the report to some of my male friends and the reactions were mixed. All I can say with certainty is that one of them was a former very active "player" who just got married and the look on his face after reading the report, wasn't very happy!
Michael Fiore has a solid, fluid writing that makes reading easy and fun. He is direct, up to the point although a little too bold for my taste. However he says things with their name and that's very useful for the ladies who need his helping aid.
I think Fiore's work is honest and sincere. I'll keep in touch with his future books, that's a certitude.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2012 9:34 AM PST