Profile for Stryker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stryker RSS Feed (Los Angeles, California)

Star Trek: Klingon Bird-of-Prey Haynes Manual
Star Trek: Klingon Bird-of-Prey Haynes Manual
by Rick Sternbach
Price: $20.94
58 used & new from $6.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, November 6, 2012
I think this is one of the best kind of books for individual ships like this. Finally. Haynes has the experience and history of getting into the nuts and bolts of things, but since adding the more Fantasy type vehicles, it has also adapted itself extremely well to story telling and giving History to otherwise rather vague sources of information. Ben Robinson is a great, imaginative writer and editor, Rick Sternbach's Trek knowledge is indisputable and Adam's CG work has always been excellent as he was a CG supervisor on the Star Trek:Voyager series. Put it all together and all I can say is :"Yes Please!" and, quoting a famous British novel and film: "Please sir, could I have some more?" This volume should do very well and then we can maybe see volumes that cover other single classes of ship from the Trek Universe that all us Science Fiction and Technical Illustrators love so much. A must for any Trek fan.

Star Wars Complete Cross-Sections: The Spacecraft and Vehicles of the Entire Star Wars Saga
by David West Reynolds
Price: $25.79
60 used & new from $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the extras!!!, July 4, 2008
I purchased this book just for the extra cutaways! I had a few of the others, but this one was worth it to me as I am a fan of the first set of films and characters and this book had more ships from ROTJ that were unavailable before. Really cool and to me, completely worth it. They added the A-Wing and the B-wing among others. forget the individual books, just get this one, especially if you are a fan of the original films designs.

The Matador [HD DVD]
The Matador [HD DVD]
DVD ~ Pierce Brosnan
13 used & new from $1.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty offbeat and funny, August 11, 2007
This review is from: The Matador [HD DVD] (HD DVD)
I really liked this film and didn't expect too much when I purchased it. I like Peirce Brosnan and enjoyed this role more than even his Bond roles. Just such a bizarre character that you can't help but like him. The Anti-James Bond, but yet still somehow cool. Won't give the rest away, but a nice offbeat surprise. Probably not for everyone, but I liked it.

Modelling the IS Heavy Tank (Osprey Modelling)
Modelling the IS Heavy Tank (Osprey Modelling)
by Nicola Cortese
Price: $17.77
42 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent modeling reference manual, August 11, 2007
I have picked up a few of the different modeling manuals over the years from Osprey. Some are so-so or cover too many odd/offbeat variants of the main subject tank as opposed to the tank it says on the cover! This one, however, I felt hit the mark pretty close. I bought it for it's coverage of the JS-3 and was not disapointed. Well written, concise with good photos. I really enjoyed this one. Would have rather seen more on the 1/35 IS-2 as opposed to two version of the 1/72 scale models, however, I understand that there are 1/72 armour modelers out there. A good overall manual from, much to my surprise, a fellow Montrealer!

Emperor Penguin with Baby 13" by Fiesta
Emperor Penguin with Baby 13" by Fiesta
Offered by GRINDATTI
Price: $18.94
2 used & new from $18.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Mamp!, April 10, 2007
I like to sleep with the girl that LOVES to sleep with it! Silly Penguins...

Lockheed L-1011 TriStar - Airliner Tech Vol. 8
Lockheed L-1011 TriStar - Airliner Tech Vol. 8
by Jim Upton
24 used & new from $1.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Great history, February 24, 2006
I enjoyed this book quite a bit as a great general reference on the design of one of my favorite commercial airliners of all time! My only downside to any of the books in this series is that most of the pics are in Black and white. Anyway, if you love the L-1011, then this is a great reference.