Profile for Mace Thomas > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 139

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mace Thomas RSS Feed (Orlando, Florida United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
DII Bone Dry Warm, Soft, Plush, Microfiber Pet Blanket for Couch, Car, Trunk, Cage, Kennel, Dog House, Blue
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I found the blanket to be super soft (microfiber), June 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't have a lot of experience with dog blankets, as we live in Florida and the coldest we get our home to is in the 70's most of the year, but I thought that I would try this out with our dog. She really likes to burrow under the covers on the bed at night, so I figured giving this to her would provide additional comfort while my wife and I are out of the house at work. At first touch, I found the blanket to be super soft (microfiber), not like the few human ones that we have stored in our closet. It is not paper thin, but you can feel your fingers touching without any effort applied. With it being located on our dog's bed, we have found that she seems to enjoy it, as it has yet to get pushed off and even the cat has joined in to try it out. No issues so far, so 5 stars!

WeMo F5Z0596 Osram Lightify Tunable White Starter Set, Wi-Fi Enabled and App Controlled
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars "Can I operate the light normally too?". Yes you can!, June 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered this item, not as a necessity, but one of entertainment and pure curiosity. What I received was at first a bit of a headache, not sure if it was the system/app or just the wide variety of possibilities with various smartphones. The instructions are basically 6 steps, most of which are self-explanatory, such as screw in light bulb and plug in the wi-fi "brain". After downloading the required app to my smartphone, I spent what seemed like the next hour turning on / off different Wi-fi settings on my phone, like the auto switch to 4G, etc... before I got the system to work 100%. There is a pretty good FAQ and Video if you need to refer to these, so don't let this turn you off to trying this system, just know this could happen to you, or not.

Once everything is configured, which is really easy to do (other than your phone's wi-fi option settings), the lights worked perfectly. The app allows you to control all types of wireless smart devices for your home, but for obvious reasons, I only am doing the one for the light bulbs. Open the app and it quickly connects to your home's wi-fi signal (or wherever you might want to control your devices from - ie: work or the ride home) and it displays your connected devices.

You click on the device you choose (each bulb is listed separately - renamed as you wish) and you are provided with the following options: On / Off; Color Temperature (ie: cool white - warm orange via 6 presets or a color temp "wheel"); dimming from 1-100%; Sleep timers; Rules (ie: turn on at X time and off at Y time on Z days of the week).

A question that my wife quickly asked me, and to which I had yet to try was "Can I operate the light normally too?". Yes you can! Leave the light switch in the On position in order for you to be able to control the light from the app normally, but otherwise, physical control is as simple as turning the light's wall switch Off and then On again. This will default the light bulb to a normal Soft Orange color temperature at 100%. If you want to go back to wireless control, you open the app and it automatically turns the bulb back to what you last had it set it to.

With no other problems than my phone's configuration choices, I give this product 5 stars and recommend it!

LG G4 Case, i-Blason Prime [Kickstand] **Heavy Duty** [Dual Layer] Combo Holster Cover case with [Locking Belt Swivel Clip] for LG G4 2015 Release (Black)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $11.56

5.0 out of 5 stars The latch snaps shut tightly to secure the phone and releases easily when necessary, June 22, 2015
This case is of a much higher quality than I expected at the low price that I paid for it. The latch snaps shut tightly to secure the phone and releases easily when necessary. The protection provided to my phone has already been proven, as I accidentally dropped my G4 from about 5' on to smooth concrete and it just bounced like a rubber ball without damage caused to the phone or the case itself. Not only does the case look really good clipped to my belt, it is also functional with the built-in kickstand for watching videos in landscape mode. The interior of the belt case is also lined with a felt to protect the phone's screen while it is being stored. If you do get this case, understand that it does not have any kind of screen protection film or water-proof features like the high end cases do, but it will protect your phone if you avoid water or dropping it on a pointed object (ie: bypassing the phone frame/edge protection). Not much more to say about this case, but it really earned its 5 stars and I have only had it for just over a week now.

Soltech TubeMat 2 Pack Light Green 20in. x 20in. x 0.4in. (Multi-Purpose Anti-Bacterial, Bath, Mat)
Offered by SOLTECHSECURITY
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars so it was easily moved and bumped out of the way, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First things first, I ordered this mat as a possible replacement for the bath mat outside of our shower, but found that it does not "adhere" or "stick" to the ground in anyway, not that the description said that (ie: no starts taken off), so it was easily moved and bumped out of the way. This meant that it bunched up against the toilet and bathtub which were in close proximity to each other. You could cut it up to have a better fit, but we decided against this, as there was no going back afterwards and you would have spent good money for the product.
We then decided to move it into our kitchen, where we found it was a better fit under the sink in the more spacious area. What came in the package that we received, were 2 mats that were able to be connected with a couple of plastic clips in a matter of seconds. One of the pictures provided for this item shows "someone" had their entire floor covered in this product, but this is highly unlikely in the real world, due to the cost, but mostly how easily it moves around. Because the "tubes" are spaced about a 1/4 inch or so apart and not touching the ground, due to perpendicular support tubes, air is free to circulate and moisture stagnation is less of a problem. This creates a problem though on the feet, as some others have pointed out in their reviews, because it feels like you are walking on a mat made of reeds. The gaps are just far enough apart that the tubes (main and support) push against pressure points on your feet, so spending a long period standing on this mat while barefoot is not enjoyable.
I took two stars off for the unintended movement of the mats and the uncomfortable feeling you get standing on it for more than a few minutes. If you do end up using it in your bathroom, the quick on and off to towel dry shouldn't cause an issue with your feet.

Scotts Liquid Turf Builder Lawn Food 32 oz.
Scotts Liquid Turf Builder Lawn Food 32 oz.
Price: $13.49
9 used & new from $11.05

5.0 out of 5 stars as the areas in which it was applied (sun baked and nutrient starved) are showing nearly immediate results with the previously w, May 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used multiple granular fertilizers in the past for my lawn that is made up of different grass types and species with mixed results. One of these products is supposedly safe for all types of grass, which it was, but I didn't seem to see the grass respond in any way, positive or negative. I am sure that down below it did something, but visually it was lacking. Another product that I tried was too much for certain portions of my yard, as again, different species / types of grass respond differently to the makeup and quantity of the fertilizer. This has kept me from fertilizing the yard as much as I should (up to 4 times a year?), so I ordered this product due to its claim of being safe to "apply for all grass types ... in any season" and that it was as simple to get started as hooking up the bottle to a garden hose.

The one "problem" that I have using it for the first time, is that it claims it "covers 2,000 sq ft", but the directions do not say how much you should apply in order to reach that coverage. Do you soak an area? Do you lightly water? This means that you should have at least a second bottle the first time you use it, just in case. In mine, 2,000 sq ft only covers about half of my front yard, so in the future, I need to get at least 4 bottles each time I use it (Front / Back).

Per the directions, make sure that your yard has been watered recently and that you do not plan to cut the grass for a few days afterwards, so basically this is something you will have to apply before the weekend yard upkeep. Here in Florida it means late in the afternoon or early in the morning, as the temps have to be below 85 degrees.

Does the product work as stated? Yes it does, as the areas in which it was applied (sun baked and nutrient starved) are showing nearly immediate results with the previously wilted and browning turning into a nice shade of green. Even with 2/wk watering for 30 mins, the high temps and humidity here require that the grass be nice and strong to survive during the down times, so moving forward I think I have found my answer to keeping my lawn fed, maybe even 4x a year!

Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Centipede Grass Seed and Mulch, 5-Pound
Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Centipede Grass Seed and Mulch, 5-Pound
Price: $27.29
11 used & new from $27.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Having to water this for weeks at a time without letting the seeds dry out would not be easy, as the seeding periods for this ar, May 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With my yard made up of a few different species of grass, some not compatible with the weed and feed product I used, as some grass types are considered to be "weeds" depending on the type of product used. Anyway, I got this product to attempt to alleviate those barren spots in my sandy soil. Centipede grass is supposedly loves sandy soil and is very low maintenance, but very difficult to start from seed. Having to water this for weeks at a time without letting the seeds dry out would not be easy, as the seeding periods for this area are April-July with highs and humidity in the 90's.

With this knowledge, I purchased a separate sprinkler product and a timer to use with my garden hose, so that I would not have to continually run my full sprinkler system to the detriment of the entire lawn and water authorities (ie: over watering). After taking the precautions to loosen up the soil by raking it lightly for maximum ground contact and soil coverage, and using my handheld spreader to disburse the seed, I sat back and waited for the magic to happen. After nearly 2 months, I have the beginnings of a newly refreshed yard, which should continue expand to other areas over the coming years.

I took one star off, not necessarily due to the product itself, but for the fact that it is so labor and resource intensive (water and other sprinkler products) to start without the guarantee that it will work, although Scott's does provide a separate product guarantee.

Fit Over Sunglasses by LensCovers - Fits over Prescription Glasses for Men and Women - Size Medium (Black)
Offered by LensCovers - EZ Tofu Press
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ... event at Disney World and found them to fit pretty well, even though I went with a size ..., May 28, 2015
I purchased these sunglasses for my recent 24-hour event at Disney World and found them to fit pretty well, even though I went with a size larger than the technical specifications recommended (Medium instead of Small). What I did find once I got them, was that I may have wanted to go with a size larger than that. The problem was that my head causes the arms on my glasses to spread outwards beyond the "actual" width of my frames, so the arms on the sunglasses have to account for that, which leaves a small gap on the sides that allow some sun to get inside. I did not take a star off for this, as the glasses do what they are supposed to do and everyone will have different sized / shaped heads. Just know that if you are someone with a larger head, you should take that into account when ordering your size and don't strictly follow the guide in reference to the width of your frames. These sunglasses are very comfortable and not noticeable, except for the sun protection you receive.

Philips Norelco BG2034/42 3100 Bodygroomer
Philips Norelco BG2034/42 3100 Bodygroomer
Price: $34.95
19 used & new from $18.12

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked the fact that these blades are self sharpening and ..., May 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered this product to replace an older shaver that I have had for years and that needed a blade change for an approximately comparable price to this item. I liked the fact that these blades are self sharpening and is designed to reach areas that normally are not accessible by one person. This product comes with an extension wand that you clip the razor into that will allow you to reach your back, and if you are brave and talented enough, the back of your neck. The razor is designed to be ergonomic a feels really good in my hand and will allow for use of up to 50 minutes or so on a charge. The razor head has a long hair cutting surface on the top and bottom to allow multiple angles of attack and a short hair cutting face in between. In most cases, the long hair cutter works well to the transition to short hair (ie: beard), but there will be times when a long hair gets caught in the short cutter and pulled out. I gave this 4 stars due to the fact that some areas of the face/neck will require a finishing touch up with a real razor for the perfect clean look.

Werther's Original Soft Caramels, 4.51 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Werther's Original Soft Caramels, 4.51 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $32.33
2 used & new from $28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It becomes very easy to eat a handful over a short period of ..., April 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife recently purchased a bag of these and we promptly finished them off. It becomes very easy to eat a handful over a short period of time if you aren't careful. These start off in a slightly firm state, individually wrapped, but transform with no effort into a smooth, "soft", and creamy consistency once you place them into your mouth. Somewhat like another brand's famous slogan. ;-) Not sure what else to say, other than if you enjoy the flavors and feelings that you get with the other Werther's candies, you should have no problem enjoying these.

Oreck Revitalize Carpet Cleaner
Oreck Revitalize Carpet Cleaner
Price: $399.99
2 used & new from $399.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This unit is pretty light in my opinion and was very manuverable on ..., April 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product arrived in multiple pieces (unit, handle, hose, and upholstery attachment), that were simple enough to connect together to get a fully working machine. This unit is pretty light in my opinion and was very manuverable on carpet. Basic instructions were to fill clean water tank (1/2 gal or so in size) and add 1.5 capfulls of the cleaning agent (small bottle included). The measuring cap was actually the clean water tank's cap, so that was handy. Have not used a carpet cleaner in ages, so I thought that this one could be considered to be loud for its size. The 1/2 gallon clean water tank only covered an approximate 30-40 sq ft of carpet before needing a refill (based on their technique of water use on both up and down stroke), so a small bedroom of 10 x 10 would use almost 3 refills to finish. The water is squirted when the trigger within the top handle (similar to a vacuum handle) is depressed and for as long as you hold it. On our carpet, using the up and down water strokes, it was not showing additional water being sucked up after first pass and the carpets were moist for the next 20-30 minutes. We did end up with some black dirty water afterwards, so I would say that it did its job. A second pass on stubborn sections could be helpful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14