Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for Salisburyclan > Reviews

Browse

Salisburyclan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Salisburyclan RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Case Logic LAPS-116 15 - 16-Inch Laptop Sleeve (Black)
Case Logic LAPS-116 15 - 16-Inch Laptop Sleeve (Black)
Price: $15.50
190 used & new from $11.55

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Big for 2014 Macbook Pro 15" Retina, December 1, 2014
I bought this for my 2014 Macbook Pro 15" Retina. It is extremely loose inside. The case itself is nicely made, but I feel it is too big for my Mac. The price was right on it so I'll just keep using it until I find a better one.

Duo Gamer for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
Duo Gamer for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
Offered by AZNG Trading
Price: $5.99
66 used & new from $0.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch out Console Makers!!, December 1, 2012
I really like this little controller. It isn't as comfortable to hold as an Xbox 360 controller, but it isn't uncomfortable. N.O.V.A 3 and Modern Combat 3 play even better now. My favorite thing to do is to push the games out to my TV via Airplay using my Apple TV. I leave my iPad in the stand that comes with the controller and it serves as sort of a 2nd screen. Now I can carry my games with me when I'm out and when I get home I can continue on the TV. This is the future. Watch out Microsoft and Sony!!!

Ok now the bad. $80!!! Wow that is expensive. That is more than an Xbox 360 controller. I found this little gem on eBay for $50. That is still pricey for a piece of plastic that can only play a small selection of games. I'm an early adopter though and I really think this is where gaming is heading.

The controller is only compatible with Gameloft games. The layout of this controller works great and would make a lot of other non Gameloft games even more enjoyable. Ion iCade is able to span out with other developers. Maybe Gameloft can license out the tech for others to use. The iPad really needs a Universal controller that covers the whole spectrum. Gameloft and the iCade show that the iPad is a great gaming device.

I'm certain we are going to see great strides in the future of tablet gaming. I really like the controller, but I think it is too expensive and I hate how we are limited to a small selection of games. If you really like Gameloft games this controller is really a no brainer, but try and pick it up off of eBay until the price comes down permanently.

Shades of Blood (Warriors of Ankh Book 3)
Shades of Blood (Warriors of Ankh Book 3)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite series ever!, February 7, 2012
I cannot say enough good things about this series. It definitely ranks as one of my favorites EVER. I felt like I had been on an epic adventure and hated for the third book to end, but when it did, I was left with a sense of complete closure and peace. I highly recommend the series and look forward to reading more Samantha Young!

Blood Past (Warriors of Ankh Book 2)
Blood Past (Warriors of Ankh Book 2)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! I loved it!, February 7, 2012
What a great follow up to the first book! I loved how the relationships developed between Eden and the other characters. I did not want to put this book down and when I had to, I couldn't quit thinking about it until I could get back to it. I'm so glad I stumbled upon the first book and I plan to read everything available by Samantha Young, my new favorite author!

Blood Will Tell (Warriors of Ankh Book 1)
Blood Will Tell (Warriors of Ankh Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a new fan!, January 9, 2012
I started this free kindle book on a whim and was hooked by the time I finished the prologue! I read every chance I got and 24 hours later, I am finished. I am anxious to get book 2 and also excited to see what other books are available from Samantha Young.

ION iCade Arcade Bluetooth Cabinet for iPad
ION iCade Arcade Bluetooth Cabinet for iPad
4 used & new from $51.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with iMame!!!!, December 27, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I received the iCade as a Christmas present from my wife. I got it at the perfect time because the week before Apple released iMame on the App Store for just a few days. With iMame a person can sideload arcade roms found on the the Internet and play them on the iPad. iMame is also compatible with the iCade. I grew up in the 80's and spent a lot of my childhood in the Arcades. The iCade works great, and the arcade games play just like the did on the originals. Well, it is majorly scaled down, but you get the idea. My children are kind of ho-hum about it, but you can't blame them because they are used to the Xbox and the Wii. I've really enjoyed playing the classic arcade games on the iCade. Unfortunately, Apple pulled the iMame app from the app store. So the only way you can get iMame now is to Jailbreak your iPad and get it off of the Cydia store. YouTube iCade and you can see several instances of iMame being used on the iCade. There are more developers making their iOS apps compatible with the iCade. So if you don't want to Jailbreak your iPad you will still have plenty of content that is compatible with it. If you were lucky enough to get iMame for your iPad then you really should consider the iCade.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2012 8:51 AM PDT

STM BAGS Scout for iPad - Olive
STM BAGS Scout for iPad - Olive

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the iPad and the Kindle, December 21, 2010
I just got this today from Amazon. I had a hard time finding something to carry my gear in that didn't look like a man-purse. This bag fits the bill. It fits my iPad with case and my Kindle with its lighted case perfect. There is also plenty of room for my cables and chargers. I am very happy with this bag and I highly recommend it. I also feel that the pictures on Amazon don't do it justice. They are good pictures, but it looks a lot sharper in real life than the pictures show.

Firstborn: A Tor.Com Original
Firstborn: A Tor.Com Original
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, October 7, 2010
This short story was really a great read. My only complaint is that it is a short story and not a full novel. I loved it. I was very disappointed when I got to the end. I wasn't ready to leave that world yet and I hope that Brandon Sanderson will let us glimpse into it again very soon.

Gears of War: Aspho Fields
Gears of War: Aspho Fields
by Karen Traviss
Price: $13.96
169 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the fans of Gears!!, January 24, 2009
I feel Karen Traviss, the author, did a very nice job with the Gears story. I really enjoyed reading it and I hope she will do another. My only issue with this book is that it was way short! It was a fast and easy read that left me wanting more. Questions were answered about life for Dom and Marcus before the first Gears game, but not all. Other questions were raised. She really did a good job filling in the gap between the first and second Gears games. This book is not about E-Day so don't start this book with that expectation. They need to save that story for the movie!!!

Leather Sissy Bar Bag-B&S® Concho
Leather Sissy Bar Bag-B&S® Concho

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Sportster, January 10, 2009
This review is from: Leather Sissy Bar Bag-B&S® Concho
This mounted pefect on my sissy bar. This bag is perfect for small items like cell phones and wallets.

Page: 1 | 2