Profile for Pennyheart > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pennyheart RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Diztronic High Gloss Flexible TPU Case for Moto X (2nd Gen, 2014 Model Only) - (Mint Turquoise)
Offered by Diztronic
Price: $8.95
3 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my MotoX!, June 19, 2015
Love this case! It's just sticky enough to hold with confidence, but slick enough to slide into my pocket. I live the flatter back so I can use my phone more easily on a table without as much rocking. Doesn't add any bulk or weight either. Shipped immediately! Great purchase.

Poem-mobiles: Crazy Car Poems
Poem-mobiles: Crazy Car Poems
by J. Patrick Lewis
Price: $15.08
75 used & new from $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and imaginative book!, June 5, 2014
After reading this over and over again with my daughter, I now give it as a birthday gift to all of her friends!
The poems are funny and engaging, even for adults (but completely appropriate for young children), and the illustrations are adorable and unique. A great book for kids of all ages.

ASICS Women's Gel-Equation 6 Running Shoe,Hot Pink/White/Black,10 M US
ASICS Women's Gel-Equation 6 Running Shoe,Hot Pink/White/Black,10 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Squishy shoes!, June 5, 2014
I am an Asics fan, but hadn't tried the Gel-Equation before. I was looking for a comfortable jogging, walking, and cross-training shoe. I have to say, when it first arrived, it was too squishy! I'm used to low-profile shoes, and having so much cushioning actually would fatigue my calves and make some of the dynamic and plyometric moves almost perilous. After wearing them for a couple of months and using SuperFeet inserts with them, the cushion has now compressed to what I feel is comfortable for that kind of activity. Now they're wonderful for long walks and stable enough for cross-training.

Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat, Silverlake (Prior Model)
Britax Roundabout 55 Convertible Car Seat, Silverlake (Prior Model)

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything is GREAT, except a very small thing..., June 5, 2014
After a car accident, we had to quickly purchase a new car seat for our toddler. (As in, run to a box store in the middle of the night so we could take her home). What we ended up with was a piece of junk.

So I asked friends, did a ton of online research, and landed on the Britax. I love this carseat. We used it rear-facing until my daughter turned 3, and it worked great. We take it on airplanes and use it for travel, and it works great for front-facing as well. The padding is all removable (with some elbow grease) in case of accidents or spills. The seat seems soft and comfortable enough, but the seat is super sturdy and I feel safe riding with my daughter in it.

My only complaint is that while the safety latches are easy to attach and release (thank GOD!), it is next to impossible to adjust the straps they're attached to. So while the latches pop out easily, trying to lengthen the straps to get them on a different seat is almost as bad as our other junky car seat. Lots of cursing and sweating usually entail.

Also, the tether strap is REALLY long. I understand this is for larger vehicles, but I swear that thing is 7 feet long. It gets a little cumbersome switching the seat out or taking it through an airport with a python of a strap attached. So, it's picky little things that keep me from giving this a perfect rating, but it's really close.

Vader's Little Princess
Vader's Little Princess
by Jeffrey Brown
Price: $7.72
171 used & new from $3.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for my husband, but my daughter loves it!, June 5, 2014
This is now our bedtime read. Even as a mild Star Wars fan, I find this book entertaining. The evil Darth Vader is constantly challenged by his sweet, yet strong and temperamental daughter. I'd recommend it to anyone for a Father's Day gift!

MAGNETIC HOLDER 12IN [Kitchen] (1, A)
MAGNETIC HOLDER 12IN [Kitchen] (1, A)
Offered by HomeGoods Plus
Price: $11.00
18 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves so much counter space!, June 5, 2014
I got this as a gift for my husband, and we both love it. Our knife block was taking up way too much real estate on the counter, so I was looking for a good alternative knife storage system. We splurged on a few Miyabi knives and wanted something that was safe and wouldn't damage them. Other reviewers complained about the metal rails chipping or damaging their knives, but after 5 months, I haven't seen any evidence of this. The only issue was I once tried to grab a knife without paying much attention and it somehow flipped off the magnet and sliced my finger. It was a complete freak accident (honestly not sure how the physics worked on that one), but keep in mind that the magnets are strong, and it takes a little finesse to pull off your knives! Great product.

crocs 14828 CB Airy Hearts Sandal (Toddler/Little Kid),Neon Purple/Citrus,8 M US Toddler
Offered by Gaudio Group LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to put on, easy to clean, and cute to boot!, June 5, 2014
My 3 year old loves these shoes, and so do I! She thankfully outgrew her velcro sandals, which were always a battle to put on. The straps were too tight, too loose, something was poking her feet...you know. These are slip-on and go! They are really cute and seem comfortable. She's able to run and jump without tripping over them and they stay on her feet well. Great for everyday use, and for water play. I highly recommend these for your independent little one.

EZ-Freeze® Water Bottle 12oz Cool Zooey Fliptops (Styles May Vary)
EZ-Freeze® Water Bottle 12oz Cool Zooey Fliptops (Styles May Vary)
Offered by Etailz
Price: $8.90
6 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it, but we don't use the freezer insert, November 20, 2012
We picked one up in Japan, thinking this was such a cute and clever product. When I warped the bottom portion in our dishwasher, I discovered this is from the USA! My daughter loves it and has been using one since about 13 months. The top straw area can leak if left sideways or upside-down in your diaper bag, but so can our other sippy cups. Because the straw mechanism is a little tough to clean thoroughly, I'd recommend it only for water. Also, the head, neck and straws seem to be fine in a hot dishwasher, but the bottle portion can warp. Otherwise, this has been great for our family.

Marmot Women's Variant Jacket, Black, X-Large
Marmot Women's Variant Jacket, Black, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, lightweight alternative to a sweatshirt, November 20, 2012
I love this jacket and get tons of compliments. While it looks like it would be heavy and bulky, it's the true opposite. It's good for cooler nights (down to about 50 degrees), but acts as a good liner under a coat or shell for cooler weather. I'd say it's not as warm as I expected, but because it is thin, it works well under even my tighter coats. It's been great for travel, since it's so lightweight. Definitely more flattering than a bulky sweatshirt.

The New York Doll Collection Umbrella Doll Stroller, Pink
The New York Doll Collection Umbrella Doll Stroller, Pink
Price: $17.19
14 used & new from $13.54

2.0 out of 5 stars Junky and cheap, but my daughter loves it, August 8, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
The idea of the doll stroller is perfect for my 15 month-old.
She loves putting her teddy bears in it and pushing them around. So far it's kept her attention for at least 15 minutes at a time.

That said, the wheels look like they're going to just fall off (they're extremely wobbly), the fabric is flimsy, and the handles are easy to pop off.

This is just the first day we've played with it, but I don't have much hope of it lasting very long. Another note, this was purchased via a 3rd party seller on Amazon (Toys4USA), and it arrived a day after it was promised, which was almost 2 weeks after it was ordered (ordered 7/26, promised between 8/1-8/6, arrived 8/7). I'd recommend buying a better quality toy stroller directly through Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3