Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Katzenjammer123 > Reviews

Browse

Katzenjammer123's Profile

Customer Reviews: 161

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Katzenjammer123 RSS Feed (Germany)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Terrier (The Legend of Beka Cooper, Book 1)
Terrier (The Legend of Beka Cooper, Book 1)
by Tamora Pierce
Price: $6.46
169 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, November 1, 2011
16 year old Beka Cooper is not like most girls. She can, in her own special way, communicate with the dead and she wants nothing more than being a cop. Growning up was hard and Beka learned early that you have to be smart and ruthless to survive. She spent her childhood in the Lower City, the most dangerous part of town, and wants to work as a cop there.
Her dreams come true when she finally starts her training as a young cop (aka a puppie). She is excited to learn all there is about being a cop (aka dog) and feels the need to bring justice.
When she is partnered with two of the best dogs and when she stumbles into two dangerous investigations, she will need all of her strength, magic and the help of her friends to bring the bad guys behind bars.

"Terrier" by Tamora Pierce is the first book by the author I read and after finishing it I wonder why I waited so long. Because this book was great and makes me excited for more.

Right from the start on I enjoyed the author's writing style, the book was easy to read even though the language was at times a bit different to our own. Pierce introduced new words, but it was never hard to understand their meaning.
I especially liked how the cops and everything that has to do with them were being renamed with dog related things. Cops are dogs, trainess are puppies and the police building is a kennel. Even the name of the book fits to this way of naming things and descibes perfectly how Beka acted when she had a lead (just like a terrier with a bone).

I loved reading about Beka, her strength and need for justice were admirable. I liked that through the first person narration and Beka's journal entries I had the chance to really get to know her and I loved her voice. Beka's special kind of magic was both disturbing and interesting. I also enjoyed reading about all the dog business and the suspense & investigation parts of the books were thrilling.

Not only the main character made this book so great, all of the supporting characters were also interesting. I liked reading about Beka's new friends, about her two dog trainers (aka police mentors) and all the people from the Lower City. Maybe the book could have been a bit shortened in the last two quarters, but still the story never got boring and left me with a graving for more.

BTW, the book is not only great but also dangerous. I a) stayed up way too late to read it and I b) nearly missed my train because I was so engrossed in the story. So be careful ;)

cover
I like the motive because it fits to the story, but the coulour is not my favourite.

final appraisal
"Terrier" by Beka Cooper is a fantastic book and I can't wait to read more books by Tamora Pierce. Her engaging writing style, her interesting & strong characters and the fascinating world of Tortall made this book a real treat.
I would recommend this book to all readers who like fantasy novels with strong and interesting characters.

Beka Cooper series
1. Terrier (2006)
2. Bloodhound (2009)
3. Mastiff 2011)

The Next Always (The Inn Boonsboro Trilogy)
The Next Always (The Inn Boonsboro Trilogy)
by Nora Roberts
Edition: Perfect Paperback
Price: $14.98
499 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for fans of cozy, relaxed and lovely romances, November 1, 2011
Beckett Montgomery leads a pretty happy and satisfied life. He enjoys his job as a architect and loves that he, his brothers Ryder & Owen and their mom run a successful construction firm. There's one thing that's missing from his life and that's a chance to get to know Clare Brewster closer. He has had a crush on her since high school but never acted on his feelings.
Clare came book to Boonsboro after her husband was killed and runs her own bookstore in town. Her three sons and she are happy with the life they built and Clare doesn't have the time to date. And she never realized that Beckett is interested in her.
But suddenly things change and the two are no longer just good friends. Will they be able to get their own happy ever after?

Like always I was super excited to read the new books by Nora Roberts and like (nearly) always I loved my reading experience. I enjoyed the relaxed pace, the cozy and lovely setting and the lovely characters. The pace and how the book is built was similar to the books in the bride quartet series which I adore. The pace might be a bit too slow for readers that enjoy fast-paced books, but for me it was just perfect.

Boonsboro is a great place to set the book and thanks to all the little details Nora Roberts added to the story I was able to imagine the town and it's buildings very easily. And of course it's pretty cool that Boonsboro and the buildings described in the book really exist. Hopefully I will one day get the chance to visit the town.

The love story was very sweet and I loved the way it progressed. Especially the way Beckett handled Clare's boys was amazing and so sweet. Both main characters were strong and I'm excited to see more of them in the next two books of the trilogy.

There are two more plot elements in the story and both made it even more interesting. I want to tell you a bit about one of them, but will let you get surprised by the other one. One of them is a ghost, but don't worry, you don't have to be a big fan of paranormal stories to enjoy the ghost. The ghost lives in the Inn and I think her presence fit to the old building and it's history. The ghost is only a small part of the story so don't worry, the book is still a contemporary romance.

I loved reading about the relationships between Beckett, his brothers and his mom. Their scenes together made me laugh and smile a lot. I liked all three brothers and I'm excited to read Owen and Ryder's story. Owen's will be next and it's already clear with whom he will get together. I definitely can't wait to go on with the series and read more of the three brothers, the women they love and Boonsboro.

Beautiful!

final appraisal
Loved the book! The cozy, relaxed pace, the lovely setting and the sweet romance worked perfectly for me and made me excited for more books in the series.
I would recommend this book to all fans of cozy and romantic books.

Inn Boonsboro series
1. The next always
2. The last boyfriend (May 2012)
3. The perfect hope (November 2012)
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 12:50 AM PDT

Awake at Dawn (A Shadow Falls Novel)
Awake at Dawn (A Shadow Falls Novel)
by C. C. Hunter
Price: $8.63
173 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book #2 in the Shadow Falls series, October 12, 2011
After solving a few issues Kylie Galen is happy that she is at the Shadow Falls camp and hopes that her mom will allow her to stay for longer than a few weeks. Shadow Falls is a place for teens with paranormal abilities and Kylie is one of them. She feels at home with her new friends, but still doesn't know what she is and to which group she belongs to. So she tries her best to find out what exactly her paranormal abilities are. But it's not so easy especially because a ghost is trying to tell her something important and the relationship with Derek, the boy she is interested in, is very complicated.
Will Kylie be able to help the ghost and to get closer to the answer of what she is?

As soon as I started with the first pages of "Awake at Dawn" I knew that I would enjoy this book as much as "Born at Midnight", the first book in the series. The author's writing style, the fascinating and dangerous paranormal world she has created and her focus on relationships made reading this book so fantastic and left me craving for me.

It was easy to remember all the characters and what happened from the first book in the series and I think that's important when reading a series.

Kylie is once again a very likable heroine and I enjoyed discovering more about her paranormal abilities. I also enjoyed reading about all the new and old relationships she has. The ones with her new friends at the camp and also with her mom and dad(s). I loved that Kylie is not perfect, sometimes she does stupid things but you can count on her when it's important. I also enjoyed that all of the characters I met in the first book of the series are still the same, of course they have changed a bit but not too much.

The paranormal world C.C. Hunter has created is complicated and dangerous, at times it was not so easy to understand why people act in a certain way and what there goals are. Of course that made the story very interesting and thrilling. I'm excited to learn more about the world the series is set in and can't wait to learn more about Kylie's abilities, hopefully the secret surrounding them will be solved in book #3.

The only thing I didn't like about "Awake at Dawn" was the love triangle, or to say it more correctly the possibility of it. I don't like love triangles at all and will never understand why they are so popular in young adult stories. Hopefully there will be a good solution to the situation in the next book.

cover
The cover is ok but in my opinion not great. The girl on it doesn't fit to the book and the characters.

final appraisal
"Awake at Dawn" is a fantastic second book in the Shadow Falls series and it's just as great as the first book. The story, the paranormal elements and the characters are fascinating and I love that C.C. Hunter focuses again on the relationships of her characters. This paranormal series is a superb one from the young adult section and I would recommend it to all readers (adult and young adult).

A Weekend with Mr Darcy (Austen Addicts)
A Weekend with Mr Darcy (Austen Addicts)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, September 20, 2011
A weekend surrounded by other Janeites, readers who enthusiastically admire Jane Austen and her novels, sounds perfect for both Dr. Katherine Roberts and Robyn Love. Both adore Jane Austen but outside of the her books they don't have a lot of romance in their lives. Katherine is single and not interested in men right now and Robyn is in a relationship that's no longer making her happy. What will happen when both realize that this weekend has more in store for them then just meeting other Janeites and how will they handle falling in love?

"A weekend with Mr Darcy" turned out exactly as I expected it to be, the book was very charming with lovely characters and I had a lot of fun while reading the story.

Both Katherine and Robyn were very likable main characters and it was great to read about them and their different lifes. I also liked reading about the men they fell in love with and especially Katherine's love story was very entertaining. Her love interest is an author who's writing historical romances under a female pen name and I liked how his two lives in the end became one. Of course there was some trouble that both pairs had to overcome but nothing too dramatic or over the top, all in all the story was very light-hearted. The story was a bit predictable but that's not something that bothered me.

I loved how enthusiastic the Janeites were about Jane Austen and her novels, I learned some new facts about the author's life and her wonderful books and that made me happy. Even though I'm not a Janeite spending a weekend like it's described in the book sounds wonderful to me, especially if I would also be able to attend the "Undress Mr Darcy" event. :)

The setting at Purley Hall was very charming and beautiful, I could see the house and all of its lovely rooms in my mind. Another plus of the book was Victoria Connelly's writing style, it's very engaging and made reading the book both entertaining and relaxing.

cover
I like the cover, the colours look nice and the motive is charming.

final appraisal
Lovely, charming, entertaining and beautiful - that's the way I would describe "A weekend with Mr Darcy" with four adjectives. This book made me smile a lot and I was relaxed while reading it. Victoria Connelly's way with words and her characters make me excited to read more books by her.

Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star
Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star
by Heather Rigaud
Price: $14.99
43 used & new from $0.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Pride & Prejudice meets Rock Stars, September 20, 2011
When the famous rock band Slurry and it's members Fitzwilliam Darcy, Richard Fitzwilliam and Charles Bingley need a new support act, they choose Long Bourne Suffering, the band of Elizabeth & Jane Bennett and Charlotte Lucas. From the get go there is a lot of chemistry between the band members and even though Darcy, the leader of Slurry, doesn't want any relationships to develop he can't stop it from happening.
Soon the two bands and their members are connected in a close, complicated and sometimes messed up way. Will they find a way to play the whole tour, get over their issues and find happy ends for all of the band members?

I'm a big fan of "Pride & Prejudice" by Jane Austen and enjoy reading retellings of it, of course not all work for me however "Fitzwilliam Darcy; Rock Star" did. I enjoyed the mix of the "old" characters in a new setting & time and think that the author did a great job with writing her own modern, rock star version of "Pride & Prejudice".

I think that you don't have to have read "Pride & Prejudice" to enjoy this book. Of course it's entertaining to compare the two books but the story is entertaining and interesting even without having some knowledge about Jane Austen's book.

At the beginning of the book I needed about 20 pages to get into the story and to build a connection with the characters but after that I enjoyed the book a lot. I had a lot of fun while reading and Rigaud's engaging writing style made following the story easy and very enjoyable. I finished this book on one day event though it's a big one because I was always in the mood to read on.

I liked that the main characters and their character traits stayed the same and I also liked that the author changed some persons and how they contributed to the story compared to "Pride & Prejudice". I liked that both Charlotte and Richard Fitzwilliam played a bigger role and that there were only a few scenes with Mrs Bennett (I dislike her sooo much in Pride & Prejudice).

I was surprised by how well the drama and the issues between the band members worked for me. I'm normally not a fan of too much drama but this time it fit to the setting in the rock star world and the stressful tour. I even liked the love story that had elements of self-destruction, but my favorite love story was of course between Elizabeth and Darcy. Their banters & discussions, their connection through their music and their misunderstandings were always fascinating and made reading about them very entertaining.

The songs texts Rigaud wrote both for Slurry and Long Bourne Suffering were fantastic and always fit perfectly to the situations they were played in. I loved how the songs were used as a way to communicate.

Even though I'm normally not that interested in rock stars and their lifes, stories about them seem to work for me. Ever since I read the first two books in the "The Sinners" series by Olivia Cunning (it's an erotic romance series), I can't get enough of romances about rock stars and maybe that's one of the reasons why I enjoyed "Fitzwilliam Darcy; Rock Star" so much.

cover
I think that the cover looks great and fits perfectly to the story.

final appraisal
"Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star" is a book that I enjoyed reading a lot. I think the author did a great job with creating a new story based on the story from "Pride & Prejusice". The mix of the friendship, the drama, the love stories, the trouble, the sexy scenes was very entertaining and brought me a lot of fun.
I would recommend this book to all fans of hot contemporary romances with characters that sometimes mess things up.

Pleating for Mercy (Magical Dressmaking Mystery, Book 1)
Pleating for Mercy (Magical Dressmaking Mystery, Book 1)
by Melissa Bourbon Ramirez
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
74 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cozy mystery, September 20, 2011
Harlow Jane Cassidy is back in her hometown Bliss, Texas. She has just opened her own dressmaking boutique called Buttons & Bows. Harlows first big commission is a wedding dress for Josie, a woman she knows from her youth. Harlow is excited to finally be able to show what she can do. But when a woman from the wedding party is killed on Harlow's property and Josie asks Harlow to find out who the murderer is, Harlow's life begins to get chaotic.

"Pleating for Mercy", the first book by Melissa Bourbon (aka Misa Ramirez), is a fantastic cozy mystery. All of the elements I enjoy about cozy mysteries are in this book and I enjoyed reading it a lot.

The pacing of the book is relaxed but not too slow - just perfect for a cozy mystery. The writing style is very engaging and I was always in the mood to read on. I also enjoyed the setting of the book, Bliss was a lovely town and full of interesting characters. I'm already excited to visit this town in the next book of the series again.

All of the main characters were very likable and especially Harlow and her family were also fascinating. I loved that they have certain special gifts/charms and that they were still pretty normal. I also loved that there's a ghost in Harlow's house and how it tries to get it's way was always very funny.

The mystery is not so easy to solve and not too dark. I liked that Harlow always looked at the most logical suspect first and that she didn't do too much investigating. She concentrated more on her real job and I enjoyed reading about her making the dresses.

Both Harlow's mum and grandmother made me laugh as soon as they were in a scene and besides the Harlow family I enjoyed reading most about Will Flores and his daughter Gracie. There is some chemistry between Will and Harlow, I hope that they will get the chance to get to know each other better and maybe to start a relationship.

All in all I was really happy and satisfied when I was finished with "Pleating for Mercy" and I want more cozy mysteries like this one.

cover
I love the cover because it's so gorgeous and fits perfectly to the story.

final appraisal
"Pleating for mercy" is a fantastic cozy mystery and contents everything that I like in that kind of book. The book is set in a lovely town, the characters are likable and interesting, the pace is not too fast and the story is intelligent and makes fun.
I would recommend this book to all fans of cozy mysteries and to readers interested in the genre.

Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, Book 4)
Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, Book 4)
by Jennifer Estep
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $8.45
78 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the Elemental Assassin series, August 30, 2011
Gin Blanco is back and she is working hard to achieve her goal to take revenge on the woman who killed both her mother and sister. But first she has to survive the attacks of one of the best assassins. A deadly fight between Gin and the asssassin Elektra LaFleur begins and only one of them will survive.
At least Gin's relationship with Owen Grayson seems to get better and better, for the first time in her life Gin really starts to trust a man who she is in a relationship with. And of course there's also Gin's little sister Bria Coolidge who doesn't know that the deadly Spider is really her misssing sister.
Will Gin win the fight against Elektra and will she get her sister back?

Another book in the Elemental Assassin series and another book I loved reading. "Tangled Threads" fits perfectly into the series and the story that was started in book #1. The characters development felt right and made me happy.

I loved that Gin finally has a man in her life whom she loves and can trust. And I loved that Bria is finally in Gin's life and hopefully they will get the chance to build a new sisterly relationship.

The fight scenes of the book were thrilling and the way Gin experienced her special magical abilities was (as always) fascinating. I also enjoyed that even though Gin has these special abilities she is not invulnerable and that she risks her life every time she takes on an enemy.

You might notice that I try to not give away too much info about the story in case you haven't already read the other books in the series. If you haven't tried "Spider's Bite" so far, you should really give this series a chance. One of the strengths of this series is that the books in it fit together perfectly and that no new developments are unlogical or feel forced. Another big strength is Jennifer Estep's writing style. She is an entertainer when writing books, her stories are always very engaging and I have a great time while reading them.

cover
The cover looks great and fits perfectly to the story.

final appraisal
"Tangled Threads" is a great new addition to the Elemental Assassin series. The characters, the plot and the author's writing style continue to be very entertaing and I can't get enough of this series.
I would recommend this book to all readers who enjoy fast-paced, not too dark Urban Fantasy and who like very entertaining stories.
If you are new to the series I would recommend to start with "Spider's Bite", the first book in the series.

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
by Sarra Manning
60 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, August 26, 2011
Shy and bookish Neve Slater has worked hard in the last years to change her life. She has gone from obese to normal but still feels shy when trying to flirt and self-conscious about her body.
In a few months William, whom she has a crush on, is supposed to come home after three years away and Neve wants to impress him with her new figure and a more self-confident personality.
To get used to flirting and being around men she starts a pretend relationship with womanizer Max. Neve doesn't really understand why Max would want to spend time with her but she soon realizes that he is so much more than you can see at first glance. Max is also suprised by how well Neve and he fit together and that he enjoys their time together.
But will their relationship have a real chance once William is back? And will Neve finally learn to like her body?

Since reading "Unsticky" by Sarra Manning a few weeks ago I have been super excited to get "You don't have to say you love me". I had high expectations before starting to read and they were definitely surpassed. I have all this wonderful feelings inside me about this book but have a hard time to phrase them so this review might sound a bit gushy and crazy :)

I adored the main characters Neve and Max because they felt like real people and I cared about them as if they were my friends. I loved Neve right from the first moment I met her in the book however when I first read about Max I thought that he wasn't good enough for her. But only about 10 pages later Sarra Manning had convinced me that Max might indeed be just perfect for Neve and that I would love to learn more about him. And I really did. I was excited for every detail I learned about Neve and Max. Their relationship was complex and never got boring. I loved the way Max tried to make Neve see her body through his eyes and although he was at first glance a very unlikable hero in the end I adored him.
Reading about Neve and her body issues touched me deeply and the way Sarra Manning desribed Neve's fight for a happier life was very powerful and impressive. I sympathised with Neve when she felt insufficient. I enjoyed that Neve had time to change and that the book spanned several months.

I loved meeting some characters from "Unsticky" again but there's no need to read it to understand what's going on or to enjoy "You don't have to say you love me". Of course I would recommend you to get "Unsticky" because I think it's a fabulous book.
I don't want to tell you what happens to Neve, William and Max in the end but I think every reader will know after meeting William and Max who's perfect for Neve and who's only interested in using her.
When I finished reading "You don't have to say you love me" I was very happy and had a big smile on my face. It's definitely a book I will reread in the future because it's enjoyable and I was deeply moved by it. I'm very excited for Sarra Manning's next adult story and will definitely get her YA books because I want to read more by her.

cover
I love it because it looks beautiful and stylish.

final appraisal
A fantastic book from the first sentence on to the last. While reading I had to laugh, smile, cry and swoon. This book is full of interesting characters and I especially loved reading about Neve and Max. Both are fascinating, likable characters and their relationship was complex in a good way. I was very happy when I finished the last sentence.
After reading "Unsticky" and "You don't have to say you love me" I definitely have an author crush on Sarra Manning because her books touch me deeply and are just wonderful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2012 10:38 AM PDT

Unsticky
Unsticky
by Sarra Manning
9 used & new from $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in love with this book, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Unsticky (Paperback)
23 year old Grace Reeve's life is not as it should be. Once again a boyfriend dumps her (on her birthday!), she has debts due to shopping binges and at work she earns next to nothing and is treated badly. When her life threatens to overwhelm her older and rich art dealer Vaughn offers the solution to her problems. He is willing to give her a large sum of money if she will be his mistress for the next months. For 7000 pounds a month Grace will be whatever Vaughn needs her to be (being lovers included). Soon sharing an intimate relationship with him, planning parties and entertaining his business partners is part of Grace's life.
But what will happen when the time with Vaughn is up? Will Grace be able find her own way in life and will the relationship with Vaughn change from business to something else?

When I first discovered "Unsticky" some weeks ago I was unsure if I would enjoy the book. The story is a bit different from what I ususally read but I decided to give it a try. And I'm so happy that I did take the chance because this book is amazing.
There are funny, serious, lovely and sad parts in the book. If you expect a light-hearted story like in the "Shopaholic" - series then you will be disappointed. "Unsticky" is more serious and Grace's situation is not whitewashed. And she actually learns something from her situation and manages to change her life. Sarra Manning's writing style is very engaging and I was always interested to read on. Although the book has over 500 pages it was a fast read because every page was fascinating.

Grace and Vaughn are both very complex and flawed characters. And even though I wanted to shake both several times I was always interested in their lifes and hoped that they would overcome their issues.
Grace's decision to accept Vaughn's offer and to "work" for him was understandable from her point of view. Both her interest in Vaughn and the money made her say yes to his offer. I don't want to start a moral debate about her decision but like I said, from her point of view is was logical in a weird way. I wasn't shocked by Vaughn's offer or that Grace accepted it however I think some readers might be.
Grace is a very interesting character and her reasons for getting into debt were not shopping because it's fun but because it helped her to forget feeling worthless. It was sad to read how she doubted her worth and I was so happy when she managed to get more self-confident.

The description of her job situation seems to be spot-on, many people that work as assistents in the fashion industry (for example at magazines) really earn a pittance but still have to be dressed up in chic clothes. I would love to know how much of what happens at the magazine where Grace works is based on real experiences by the author.
Grace was sometimes bitchy, she lied, she pouted and and I loved these aspects of her personality because we all do such things. Vaughn was just as flawed and broken as Grace but in a different way. She was without any self-confidence at the beginning of the book while Vaughn was arrogant and sometimes even a bit cruel. His business and making money were the main interests in his life.
Grace and Vaughn fit together like two pieces of broken glass. Their relationship was never easy and I enjoyed reading about the up and downs they had. I liked that their relationship changed slowly. At first it was like a business but then slowly Grace and Vaughn developed feelings for each other. Even the moments when Vaughn acted like a total a.. worked for me. That way the changes in him towards the end of the book became even more obvious.

I was very happy with the end of the book and I'm already super excited for "You don't have to say you love me", the next adult book by Sarra Manning (she also writes YA).

spoiler
I loved that they got a happy end. Even though Vaughn did some mean things to Grace I was sure that he was in love with her. He just wasn't couragous enough to stand to his feelings. Grace was the active one at the end of the book and I really liked the person she became through the time with Vaughn. I loved that in the end they were together because they wanted to and because they were happy in each others presence. Even though their relationship started very unconventional in the end they were a pretty normal and happy pair. Both will never be "perfect" but that's exactly why so fit so perfectly.

cover
I'm in love with the cover and think that it's the perfect choice for "Unsticky".

final appraisal
Before starting this book I was unsure if I would enjoy it however my fears were absolutly unfounded. Everything that happened in "Unsticky" worked for me and I loved reading about the two very flawed main characters and about their unusual relationship. Sarra Manning's writing style was very engaging and made me want to read more by her. I was very happy and satisfied with the end and the way Grace and Vaughn changed throughout the book.

Forgotten
Forgotten
by Cat Patrick
65 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Forgotten (Hardcover)
16 year old London Lane might now your future, but she can't even remember what happened yesterday. Every night she loses her past memories and can only remember what happened with the help of little notes and her mom.
She is used to living this way even though it frustrates her. When she meets & falls in love with Luke Henry and starts to get dark visions she can't understand, London wants to learn more about her past. Her mother seems to hide important facts, but London won't stop searching for clues about what happened in her childhood until she has all the facts.
Will London figure out what the visions mean and will she solve the mystery surrounding her childhood?

Ever since I discovered the fascinating cover of "Forgotten" I craved to read the book. Once I finally got my ordered copy I was excited but also a bit anxious. Because let's be honest, sometimes a book has an amazing cover but the content is not that great. However I'm happy to say this time the content of the book was just as great as it's cover.

"Forgotten" is written in a very engaging writing style that made following the story very entertaining and easy. I love the concept behind the story and think that Cat Patrick did a wonderful job with applying it to London's life. I can't imagine how London felt every morning when she realized that once again she lost her memories. I think London handled her life in a admirable way and I enjoyed that she was a strong character who didn't wait for things to happen miraculously.

There are some very suprising developments in the story and it was fascinating to discover more about London's past together with her. I liked that Luke helped her with her investigation and was there for her when she learned some shocking and sad things about her past. Their relationship was really nice and there were a lot of sweet moments between them. I also liked how both dealt with some trouble that happened between them. They stayed true to themselves and didn't act to dramatically.

At first I thought that the book could be a bit too short however in the end it was just right. I actually enjoyed that there were a few time leaps in the story and that some events were not described in every detail. It fit to the concept of the book and I never felt like I missed some important info. When I finshed the book I was happy and satisfied with the story and I'm excited to read more.

cover
I think the cover is amazing and fits perfectly to the story and London.

final appraisal
"Forgotten" by Cat Patrick is an easy to read, thrilling story with a fascinating concept. Cat Patrick's writing style managed to capture my interest completly and I'm already looking forward to her next book because her debut novel was that good and wonderful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17