Profile for SveXo > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SveXo RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Chromium Crusher 2.5" 4 piece Coffee Spice Tobacco Herb Grinder with Lifetime Warranty - Pick Your Grinder (Gunmetal Zinc w/ Mill Handle)
Offered by Fire Sale Merchant
Price: $16.73
2 used & new from $16.73

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, April 7, 2014
So far so good. I am a little concerned about the handle on top, but when I'm grinding the herb that's still a bit wet or thick, I'll move my thumb down slightly and push on the lever the handle is attached to until it feels loose enough. It's much quicker than the other grinders without the handle and the zinc gunmetal version I have feels great in your hands. I just wish that handle felt a little more sturdy, but I'd still recommend it to anyone.

American Weigh Scales AWS-1KG-BLK Signature Series Black Digital Pocket Scale, 1000 by 0.1 G
Price: $11.51
38 used & new from $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, and worth every penny, April 7, 2014
Works great, caught my old guy trying to short me the day I got this. It Instantly paid for itself. The face sticker wasn't all the way on and was slightly too big for the section it rests in. This thing is cheap, however, so I'm not really going to hold that against it. If your just looking for a personal scale, you won't go wrong with this right here.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions: Seattle Seahawks [Blu-ray]
Super Bowl XLVIII Champions: Seattle Seahawks [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ none
Price: $23.78
32 used & new from $19.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Enough, April 7, 2014
Devoid of content. For a blu-ray I'm disappointed in the amount, and quality, of the special features. The film itself skips through about half the season but does a great job capturing the big game itself. Reliving (part) of that glorious season is awesome, and even though this offering is disappointing, I watch it almost once a week; you can only win your first Superbowl once, I'm enjoying it. For $10, snatch this up, for $20, wait for the price to drop.

The 20/20 Experience [+digital booklet]
The 20/20 Experience [+digital booklet]
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it For Timbaland, Stayed For Timberlake., March 31, 2013
This is what an album is supposed to be. Popular music has been stale for a long time now, but not this one. Not this one. This one is fresh in an ol'school way. A Motown album for the modern era. Timbaland and Timberlake take this neo-soul sound to a new level with beats that HIT, smooth high vocals, and clever/complex song structure. This is not a common album for modern music (hence the lower ratings), I can see a lot of this albums brilliance going right over the heads of many people. But if you know how to listen to old school music, or you've been a fan of Timbaland, you'll be able to appreciate what this album does. Songs are long, tempos shift, and to a generation raised on simple repetitive song structures this album must be confusing and uncomfortable. This is far less of a R&B album as it is a soul/hip-hop fusion album. Timberlake doesn't do too much lyrically that will blow you away but his approach, that ranges from playful to deep expressions of love, always sounds fresh and carries the listener through the song and album. This is one of those albums where whether you like it or not, you can't deny they achieved exactly what they were going for. No missed opportunities here.

To wrap up, I recommend The 20/20 Experience without reservation. Even if your not really comfortable with it yet, if you let it grow on you, you'll really enjoy it. All my homies at this point are bumping this album through the city. This is a music listeners album. Get it.

Price: $10.00
158 used & new from $3.70

4.0 out of 5 stars All It Cracked Up To Be., March 14, 2013
This review is from: 21 (Audio CD)
I know I'm late to the party but damn I'm glad I'm here. Adele's voice shines on this album; the song writing is solid; and the throw back sound is executed so well it sounds as modern as anything else out there. A truly timeless album. There were some tracks ("Turn The Tables," "Don't You Remember," and "Take It All") that just aren't for me, but even those are very well made. I love how the album changes style throughout, but I can't help but feel it's not complete. It may just be the songs I don't like breaking the intended rhythm for me, but I can't help but feel something is missing on this album.

All and all though 4 stars captures my opinion of this album. I'm very happy with it, the ballads blew me away, but there's something missing for me so I can't appreciate it as much as other s have.

Hamilton Beach 04383 True Air Allergen-Reducing Air Cleaner, White
Hamilton Beach 04383 True Air Allergen-Reducing Air Cleaner, White
Price: $45.99
72 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., March 14, 2013
I haven't had it long so I can't speak to it's reliability. But all the claims about how quiet it is are not exaggerated. This thing has enough power to move a lot air at the higher setting and is quiet enough to be left on over night without disturbing you. I'm very happy I decided to buy this and, at least so far, it's been well worth it.

ARCTIC S111 USB-Powered Portable Stereo Speakers for Tablet/eReader/MP3/Computers, Balanced Treble/Superior Bass - Silver
Price: $22.96
12 used & new from $16.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected., March 14, 2013
Admittedly these are just place holders until I get the money together to pick up some Audioengine A5+'s. But holy crap for the size and price the range and clarity are pretty good. Mine are now hooked up to a Yamaha subwoofer because the bass is not really there, not something that is surprising at all. But the high end is clear and the mid range pops more than I thought it could on such small speakers. I've been listening to Ellie Goulding's "Halcyon" which has great range and with the sub, high to low ranges are covered very well.

If your looking for something that is clear, and and your a baller on a budget, I'd pick these up without hesitation. But I would also recommend a subwoofer to make up for the lack of low end.

Halcyon
Halcyon

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerfully Fantastic., March 13, 2013
This review is from: Halcyon (MP3 Music)
Ellie Goulding got my attention a month back during the Super Bowl (That God of War commercial was dope). After some Youtubing and finally hearing "Explosions" I had to buy the album. I'm not a fan of modern Pop music but this girl is different. Her vocals are raw and she is one of the few who sounds really nice singing in an English accent. Her song writing, especially, has captured me; she speaking so softly at times then hits you with an epic line that takes a few minutes to completely grasp. A wholly impressive singer/songwriter (which in my opinion puts her in an elite class with Ell Varner, Adele, Keri Hilson, and the like, and yes I put unproven artist in "elite" categories, I'm a dreamer).

Halcyon is a complete album and it didn't take me long to adapt to her sound and put this thing on repeat. I recently joined the rest of the world in picking up Adele's 21, but this is an even more complete album in my opinion. I don't usually like to suggest which way artist should go with their craft, but I hope she keep exploring this electronic-mixed-with-traditional-instruments sound she has going. Her and her producers have weaved the sounds so seamlessly that the electronic elements, that so often sound more like a gimmick, mix beautifully with her voice and traditional instruments. In short, her production is amazing.

If you like anything you've herd of her in the past, I have to recommend this album. I was blown away frankly, and I'm so happy I found her so randomly. This is a women I'll be following throughout her entire career.

Beautiful
Beautiful
Price: $11.88
44 used & new from $3.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not what it could have been., September 22, 2012
This review is from: Beautiful (Audio CD)
4 stars because I'm in a good mood. "Save Me" is an amazing song and slightly adds to my disappointment with this album as it shows just how amazing this album could have been. The rest of the album isn't bad, matter of fact it's rather good, but "Save Me" showed me she really has the ability to take her music to a completely different level (think tip of the iceberg). She never drops the ball vocally or lyrically and her production is strong. It's just not spectacular, and knowing what it could have been (she clearly has the ability) makes me a little nit-picky when listening to this album. Over all however, I have to recommend it. It's a good album and her talent is palpable.

Love Story
Love Story
Offered by KingsRidgeMedia
Price: $7.41
103 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't stop listening, September 22, 2012
This review is from: Love Story (Audio CD)
A Love Story is what debut albums are supposed to be. Vocally and lyrically she sounds effortless, smooth, and emotional. She has golden vocal cords that are on glorious display throughout the album. The production is strong and serves it's simple purpose of accentuating her vocals. This album has a great pulse to it that helps you easily listen to the entire album over and over. Musically this is an R&B album laced with soul and jazz in all the right places.

It's hard for me to find too much to say other than "I love this album". It's one of the best albums in my collection, and if you have even the slightest interest in R&B with a hint of neo-soul and jazz you have to do yourself the favor of buying this album and putting it on repeat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3