Profile for Lynnster > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 236

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lynnster RSS Feed (USA CT)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
ProForm Thinline Pro Desk Treadmill
ProForm Thinline Pro Desk Treadmill
Price: $1,719.99
2 used & new from $1,719.99

3.0 out of 5 stars if that's one I think I'd like to do often, February 27, 2015
Treadmill was delivered 2 weeks after purchase which was well within the 3 week window I was told when ordered. (directly from the company as not yet on Amazon).

CAUTION: It weighs over 350 lbs so keep that in mind as to where you will put it & maybe pay the extra fee to have the delivery people put it where you want it. Otherwise delivery is free.

I've only used it once but have a couple of concerns that the company doesn't care about. This treadmill comes pre-loaded with 40 workouts & is one of 2 reasons I bought it. (the other is the desk feature) I can't comment on using a tablet & iFit as I don't own a tablet so the built-in workouts are important for me. However, there is nothing in the owner's manual about the workouts (time, difficulty etc) . I would at least expect something about them in the owner's manual, but there's nothing at all.

Customer service transferred me to the sales dept as they didn't have the workout info, but the sales dept didn't give a rat's behind about my request. I had to push the sales rep to ask his manager for a list of the programmed workouts. Well, there is no such list! Someone programmed the 40 workouts into these treadmills, so you would think they would care enough to find out who & get the info from them. But not gonna happen. They just don't care. I was told it's up to the customer to figure out what the workouts are. It would take a huge amount of time to go thru each workout & write down all the info for 40 programs! I barely have time for my daily workout, so why put that on the customer? Icon blew it. The least Icon could have done was offer to get that info, even if THEY had to have one of their own people go over a machine with pen & paper....You don't put this back on the customer imo.

Worse, if I ever DO find the time to write down the 40 workouts, one can't go directly to a particular workout without scrolling thru each workout one at a time. So, if you want to do workout #32, you have to start at #1 and scroll up to #32. A waste of time & poor design. It's a computer for Pete's sake...program it to take the workout #! Another oversight imo.

I read reviews before buying but the reviews were simply overviews by so-called "experts" NOT actual consumers so no one actually tried one out or they would have noted the manual lacks info about 40 programmed workouts. This desk model is too new for consumer reviews so I guess I'm the first one. And I don't even have a tablet so I can't help you with that aspect. I just wanted it for the 40 workouts...

This is my 3rd Icon purchase so I obviously have faith in the company, with any past issues resolved or I wouldn't be a repeat customer. However, current consumer reviews for OTHER ProForm exercise machines seem to have a common theme, which is a lack of care & concern re product support. So I just joined the ranks. Their customer service reps are very nice but when they couldn't help me, they put me thru to sales as those reps "they are familiar with all the machines".

My take from this call is that once they've sold you a machine, they lose interest.

The lack of caring & a slight attitude from the sales rep I spoke with left me with a bad feeling about the company this time around. I'll update if and when I ever get a tablet as that allows one to customize workouts & go directly to them. Hopefully, someone with a tablet will write a review on that feature & the iFit programming.

PROS: based on one 60-minute use:
Handrail & desk can be raised & lowered by the push of a button.
Desk easily flips to return to regular type treadmill info screen area.
Function buttons also on the handrails when using treadmill desk.
Wide walking belt with wide stationary foot rails.
Incline AND decline
40 preprogrammed workouts (main feature I bought this for, along with desk for working on laptop)

CONS:
No list of pre-programmed workouts so no reference point other than scrolling thru each, one at a time. (And workouts are not programmed according to difficulty, making it that much more frustrating when trying to choose a workout)
Even if you know which workout numbers you like, you must scroll thru each one to get to the # workout you want. That's just silly when there are 40 of them.
Must pay for the iFit feature & at this time, there is no free trial for this feature which screams of issues to me, or they'd let you try it out knowing you'll buy into a subscription.
HEAVY so be forewarned!

Nature's Answer Alcohol-Free Sambucus Black Elder Berry Extract, 4-Fluid Ounces
Nature's Answer Alcohol-Free Sambucus Black Elder Berry Extract, 4-Fluid Ounces
Offered by KAMATURU
Price: $11.38
49 used & new from $5.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Proven immune support!, February 17, 2015
I order this yearly & pass out boxes to my adult kids & they take it when needed. Right now, one of their significant other's is struggling with shingles & I'm a believer that taking 2 tsp of this daily will help him shake his shingles!! Great support for immune health in general or for those times when you feel you're coming down with something. Especially important if you know you've been exposed to a virus imo. I also take ascorbic acid powder so the 2 together are great ammo for today's super-bugs!

Opteka FB-20 Dual Quick-Flip Collapsible Flash Bracket for Digital SLR Cameras
Opteka FB-20 Dual Quick-Flip Collapsible Flash Bracket for Digital SLR Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro photog loves it!, February 17, 2015
My (professionally trained NY Institute of Photography (1970's grad) hubby requested one of these for Christmas & I had no clue what to buy so I came here & found this one & all the reviews. After reading those, I felt confident I chose well. My guy told me last nite that he finally started to use it & was very pleased with whatever it does as it apparently does it very well. If you're a photog, you'll know what that is…I'm clueless but tks to all here who wrote. Big believer in researching before buying…It sure helps!

Mr. Sketch Scented Markers, Assorted Colors, 12 Pack (1905069)
Mr. Sketch Scented Markers, Assorted Colors, 12 Pack (1905069)
Price: $6.89
55 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars 25+ yrs old & still scented!, February 17, 2015
I thought some would get a kick out of knowing that my 25+ year old Mr. Sketch markers are still going strong - still moist & still have their scents! I bought several sets when I taught nursery school in the late 80's-early 90's & since then, they've been stored in our attic (hot in summer/frigid in winter). I recently got them out for our 5 yr old grandson & we sorted out the dried out ones (only dry because tops not on tightly) . I have boxes & boxes of new markers & crayons, yet these are the favorites. Brilliant idea, Mr. Sketch! No clue why our attic weather fluctuations didn't destroy them. So for any doubters….this is for you!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Honeywell HWM705B Filter Free Warm Moisture Humidifier, Black
Honeywell HWM705B Filter Free Warm Moisture Humidifier, Black
Price: $29.99
39 used & new from $26.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, February 1, 2015
Very pleased with this but wish the company would make one with a larger tank as they once did. Easy to refill with handle on top and bottom sides. Very simple to operate. The instructions say to turn it off and wait 10-15 mins before refilling and then to wait even more before restarting it. I don't do that. I even remove the tank before it completely empties, refill it and pop it back on. Does a decent job but I have it in a room too large. Our humidity is so low this winter, I've actually got 2 running in our living area. I hope to move this into our bedroom once the dry, cold air outside stops causing such dry air & static inside. I'm struggling to keep our living areas at 37% but it's an open floor plan and 1500 sq ft per floor so I'd need several of these to take care of that much area. So 37% isn't bad considering. I'm also using distilled water 50:50 with tap water to lessen the mineral build up. When I do need to de-scale, I soak a folded wad of paper toweling with vinegar & heat it up in microwave & then place the wad right on top of the coated heating element to loosen the scale. Usually have to do this twice but then finally able to scrap the crust off with toothbrush or gently with a butter knife to avoid scratching off the coating.

Psssssst Instant Dry Shampoo 5.3 Oz
Psssssst Instant Dry Shampoo 5.3 Oz
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $7.71
19 used & new from $4.87

1.0 out of 5 stars No thanks!, February 1, 2015
Horrible. Didn't nothing for my fine, straight hair. Horrible scent & made my hair feel heavy & dirty. I immediately got into the shower….Pass

Forum Novelties Men's Native American Indian Drum Costume Accessory, Brown, One Size
Price: $10.65
8 used & new from $6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great-looking item!, February 1, 2015
Bought this to complement a Native American costume for our 5 yr old grandson. This is very well made and so authentic-looking. The faux "skin" could have been stretched tighter but it was more about the look than the ability to beat on it. It's a novelty costume accessory so please don't expect this to sound as a real one would. Highly recommend.

Coonskin Cap, Davy Crockett Cap
Coonskin Cap, Davy Crockett Cap
Offered by The Nekid Cow
Price: $9.45
3 used & new from $6.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Davy will love it!, February 1, 2015
This review is from: Coonskin Cap, Davy Crockett Cap
Fabulous headgear for the Davy Crockett costume for 3 & 5 yr olds. Everyone took turns wearing this on Christmas! Very well made. Highly recommend!

Kansas Frontier Cap Rifle
Kansas Frontier Cap Rifle

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, February 1, 2015
This review is from: Kansas Frontier Cap Rifle (Toy)
BIG CHRISTMAS HIT!! Three yr old grandson wouldn't put it down all day! If you allow a bit of old-fashioned, western play, I highly recommend this rifle. We haven't bothered with caps as the kids don't even know what they are…lol

NOW Foods Saw Palmetto 320mg, 90 Softgels
NOW Foods Saw Palmetto 320mg, 90 Softgels
Price: $16.84
10 used & new from $12.22

2.0 out of 5 stars He's so disappointed, as this is 2nd try and with a ..., February 1, 2015
Unfortunately, this did nothing for my hubby. He's so disappointed, as this is 2nd try and with a different brand, so now what? Should he have taken more than 2/day if not working after a month? Any pointers greatly appreciated from anyone who had to tweak the dosage. I always buy NOW brand, so when the brand he bought didn't work, I had every hope that the NOW would work. Why does Saw Palmetto work for some, but not all men? Makes no sense to me...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20