ARRAY(0x9c8fb6b4)

Customer Reviews: 170

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lynnster RSS Feed (USA CT)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Crayola Dry Erase Light-Up Board
Crayola Dry Erase Light-Up Board
Price: $16.99
64 used & new from $9.86

1.0 out of 5 stars Pass…find another toy..., March 10, 2014
Got this today and was disappointed at how it's put together. There is a clear plastic screen that inserts into a slot behind the black frame, and then there's the black/white "board" (made of cardboard) that somehow fits behind the clear screen. I read the (usual lousy Crayola) instructions numerous times but they fail to explain exactly how these 2 parts go into the slots. No matter how I inserted them, there was too much leeway and too much flopping around. I have no clue how Crayola allowed this to pass for production.
In order to write on the screen, you need to write at an angle as the screen doesn't stay flat within the frame. It's hard to explain but all I can say is that this is a big flop..
The company was closed today by the time I needed to call, but I'm just returning it at this point as it's so poorly designed…
I would suggest if you have a budding artist, to instead buy Crayola "switchables" markers. I think they were formerly called "changeables". I couldn't find them in any store today so I wonder if they've stopped making them, but they are truly amazing & my hubby & our 5 yr old grandson had a blast with them and blank paper..

Mouse Tales Cat Toy
Mouse Tales Cat Toy
Offered by Storytime Toys
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous BUT claws get stuck in foam mice! ;(, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Mouse Tales Cat Toy (Misc.)
This just arrived today and a huge hit but with a caveat...

This 2nd version, made of sturdy foam, replaces an earlier version that I believe was made of wood. I would like to add my 2 cents after watching my cats have a ball with this new toy today...

I would encourage the company to replace the foam mice with plastic to avoid claws getting stuck in the mice.

One of my cats is big & plays rough - as she did/is doing with this toy. Several times since it's arrival today, she's managed to get a toe claw stuck in one of the mice & because the house is lightweight she had difficulty getting her claw unstuck so the house moved with her & twisted her toe. Once unstuck, she licked her toe for a few minutes so I assume she hurt herself in the process of getting unstuck. Not good, but didn't stop her from going back for more! It's a huge hit other than the foam mice!

Some will say clip her claws, but we've never had to do that as have scratching trees & posts all over the house & in 4 years since since adopting them, our cats have never caught their claws on anything. Besides, I'm not even sure clipping claws would prevent them from getting stuck into the foam mice...Replacement with smooth plastic for just the mice would be ideal imho..

Other than the claw issue, this toy is 5-star genius!

Effanbee. The Dolls with the Golden Hearts
Effanbee. The Dolls with the Golden Hearts
by M. Kelly Ellenburg
11 used & new from $13.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok for research, February 24, 2014
Doll collectors can never have enough books, so this is another one to possibly add for research purposes. The photos are black & white (not all of the best quality) with a few pages in color of dolls in the Historical Doll line (which I figure was the author's interest...)n

I collect baby dolls so was hoping for lots of babies in this book so I was pleased to see so many in here.

However a couple of features I had hoped to find that are not in this book:
Lack of color photos would help ID clothing & eyes. And no mention or photos of the different Effanbee clothing labels thru the years.

There is hardly any mention of the line of Dy-Dee babies (get the definitive Effanbee Dy-Dee book if you collect Dy-Dees - has just about everything Dy-Dee, including gorgeous color photos)

The back of the book has a Directory of Marks, but again, Dy-Dee is scarcely covered. Considering Dy-Dee was made & sold from 1933 into the 1950's (not including later Dy-Dee in vinyl) & so very popular, I was surprised there was only one Dy-Dee marking. (there were 4). A photo reference with years of manufacture would certainly help a newbie identify the decade of her doll via these markings which are on the upper back of each Dy-Dee thru the years...

All in all, I was glad to receive this (out of print now) book as who can't love to look at doll photos, but it didn't help me find what I seek - the history of the Effanbee clothing label...

Crayola Color Switchers
Crayola Color Switchers
Price: $6.99
7 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them so much!, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Crayola Color Switchers (Toy)
Truth be told, I'm SO happy that my son wanted me to keep these, and all the grandsons Christmas presents at our house as they have too much at home already. Big YAY because I now get to play with them by myself! Due to a slip and fall on ice, I couldn't get out to the store for a Valentine's card for my hubby, so I got creative with iPhoto, our photo printer and some old cardstock for photo holiday cards that one puts their own photo into. When it came time to writing on the envelope, I drew and filled in a huge red heart and then used the reverse tip to write in the heart and add little hearts in the "switch" color. It made my card so much more personal! And the last time the grandkids were here, I took photos of my hubby using them with our eldest grandson (age 5). They were off in a corner for over 30 minutes having a ball drawing/coloring with them. The BEST gift ever, along with a big book of blank art paper!!

Eva Zeisel: Life, Design, and Beauty
Eva Zeisel: Life, Design, and Beauty
by Pat Moore
Price: $34.12
58 used & new from $18.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, February 18, 2014
I asked for this for Christmas 2013 as I inherited my mother's Eva Z. Museum White china and have been adding to it ever since. She had a setting for 10 that is now 12 and I've added assorted completer sets as I found them. This book will be handed down with my china to my daughter one day...

Jobar's Illuminated Magnifying Negative & Slide Film Viewer / Organizer
Jobar's Illuminated Magnifying Negative & Slide Film Viewer / Organizer
4 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device, February 18, 2014
I used this while viewing old slides and negatives that became separated from the printed photos. It was a great help as lit and enlarged from what the naked eye can see. And if your eyes are getting old…..

TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router, 2.4GHz 450Mbps+5Ghz 1350Mbps, 2 USB Ports, IPv6, Guest Network
Price: Click here to see our price
102 used & new from $85.53

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG what a great device!, February 18, 2014
This router replaced a 12 yr old router that acts as a secondary router in our house. If that makes sense to you, then I can further say that after this was installed, we set my MacBook Pro (mid 2010 upgraded to 8gb) and hubby's new iMac (8gb) to 2.4 GHz and assume hubby's iPhone 5 is already set to 5 GHz and all our wireless devices are now playing well with each other! Big phew as my MBP was getting pushed out of the sandbox by the iPhone 5. All I know is now that's not happening anymore so must be the new router!!! Go for it, especially if you have Macs on wireless and iPhones…It works but you need to use settings properly as this can handle a couple of different ones and that allows all to run smoothly.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2014 5:21 PM PST

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (Two-Disc Widescreen Enhanced and Original Theatrical Versions)
DVD ~ Mark Hamill
Offered by RareFlix
Price: $74.99
40 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For my son's sons..., February 18, 2014
My 42 yr old sons remembers the movie theater & exact parking spot we used back in 1977 when he was taken to see this movie! (he also remembers his dad fell asleep, but that's another story…) What more needs to be said about a movie when a 6 year old child can still recall the excitement of that day, down to the parking spot! I can't wait to watch the delight in our grandsons, who are just 5 and almost 3, but I'm not so sure they will recall who's flat screen they viewed it on….But one never knows. They apparently can parrot phrases from the movie so should be fun for them to actually see what they've been speaking of!!!!

The Time Machine
The Time Machine
DVD ~ Rod Taylor
Price: $7.49
49 used & new from $6.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Great classic!, February 18, 2014
This review is from: The Time Machine (DVD)
For anyone who hasn't seen this classic sci-fi hit, you must get this as it's just so enjoyable! There was a remake in about 2000 that is also quite good and I highly recommend that version too as the cinematography is brilliant, as is the music. But no one beats out Rod Taylor, and Yvette Mimioux is a beautiful as ever as an 18 yr old starlette...

NOW Foods Vitamin C Crystals, Ascorbic Acid, 1 Pound
NOW Foods Vitamin C Crystals, Ascorbic Acid, 1 Pound
Offered by Nutri Catalog
Price: $16.39
27 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Repeat purchase, February 18, 2014
I've reviewed this previously so won't rehash all my reasons for using this form of Vit C. To sum it up, ascorbic acid is the purest form of Vit C one can take. No added excipients. I take this to saturation (bowel tolerance) and suggest anyone interested to learn how to properly dose Vit C do a little googling and learn how to do this. Each of us has a difference tolerance, or dosage requirement for this important vitamin so it's worth learning how to dose it to get results. If you are trying to avoid a cold that you've been exposed to, you need to know how much to take. if you don't take enough, you'll still get sick. Simple as that. Google or get one of the great Vit C books out there….I put it in a bit of warm water & then fill to the top with cool water & it dissolves immediately.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17