Profile for Lynnster > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 1918

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lynnster RSS Feed (USA CT)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Savory Choice Liquid Turkey Broth Concentrate, 5.1 Ounce Box
Savory Choice Liquid Turkey Broth Concentrate, 5.1 Ounce Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, October 9, 2014
First time I tried the turkey flavor. I've been using the chicken flavor in the water when I make rice & it gives just a bit of nice flavoring to plain rice that we enjoy. Last nite I tried this turkey flavor & my husband said the rice was extra delicious. I'll certainly be buying this all the time now & can't wait to use it in my gravy on Thanksgiving! I'm known for making very good gravies. My special additions are sherry and broth flavorings…This one will be a hit I'm sure!

Twin Blanket Sumptuously Soft Plush Taupe/Chocolate Giraffe Animal Print Sherpa Blankets / Reversible Winter Bedspread
Offered by everydayspecial
Price: $27.99
2 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, October 9, 2014
Perfect! I'm using it to cover a 3" twin latex mattress we like to keep in the family room floor for the pets & ourselves when we feel like hanging on the floor with the pets…It's really nice-looking & soft just as described. Very pleased!

The Ultimate United States Road Atlas
The Ultimate United States Road Atlas
by Hema
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $22.06
24 used & new from $17.65

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst map EVER!, October 9, 2014
Will return this as finally had a chance to use it to look something up the other day & my husband said " it's not alphabetical". I told him that's why I bought it because it goes state by state, from page to page so if you're driving from IL to CT, you just keep turning the page….
My hubby pointed out that this atlas works ONLY if you are traveling east to west or west to east, and is of no use if traveling north to south or visa-versa, as the states don't line up north/south/south/north. And, because it's not alphabetical, good luck trying to find the state you need.
Horribly frustrating & will go back to Rand McNally...

Midwestern Pet Foods SPORTMiX Wholesome Chicken Meal and Rice Formula Dry Cat Food, 15-Pound Bag
Price: $17.99
7 used & new from $17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Has Lysine! Be careful!!, October 9, 2014
I bought this to replace Diamond Naturals Active Cat chicken & rice because Diamond has changed the ingredients & now includes fruits, vegetables & some very feline-toxic herbs. WIthout going into the science as to why those items will harm a cat, I will just say that cats don't have the apparatus to process them. Felines are obligate carnivores & need just meat.

So, because of the change in what was an almost ideal cat kibble is now very harmful & I seek a good substitute but unfortunately, most all pet food kibble now contains the above-mentioned ingredients.

Enter Sportmix Wholesomes chicken & rice…
Each kibble is extra tiny & I have to wonder if this is the reason my 2 cats are not eating it after initially giving it a paws-up for a day. They seemed frustrated trying to pick the tiny kibbles up with their teeth and then barely chewed them. I don't think cats should swallow kibble whole, but more than a few people who've tried this have said that's what is occurring with their cats. This bothers me.
The ingredients are ok BUT the protein is too low so one must supplement with meat. (ideal protein for kibble is 40% or higher & must be meat-based protein). So that's another bother but can be easily resolved by offering some roast chicken etc.

My biggest concern is the addition of L-Lysine! I learned a lot about Lysine after my immuno-compromised cat died from daily Lysine supplements that I misunderstood as being good for him, when in fact, the opposite was true. L-Lysine is meant only for short-term use, not daily ingestion. I don't have all details, but someone I know consulted the Sportmix "expert" who suggested they add Lysine to this formula & his initial reasoning makes no sense. We await further clarification from that expert but he has not replied to a follow-up call, but said he would. It's been a week with no reply.

With the loss of the original Diamond Active Cat kibble (40% animal protein), there are just 2 other kibbles that don't contain harmful ingredients, but they are also very low protein (30-32%) so a private feline nutrition expert is researching what one can give (anti-oxident etc) to counteract the effect of the additional Lysine that will cause an imbalance that will lead to harm down the road...

It's sad that vets only get a few hours in pet nutrition & then are used as consultants for pet food formulas. The person who talked the pet food industry into adding fruits & veggies or herbs (rosemary & yucca are the most toxic) to cat kibble will be responsible for many cat deaths down the road. IF you are feeding cat food (wet or dry) that contains fruits & vegetables (with the exception of pumpkin) please take note that you cat may eventually experience urinary issues (crystals, stones etc) that can & do lead eventually to chronic renal failure (CRF) due to the change in the urine from acidic to alkaline. Alkaline urine is caused by plant & vegetable matter = kidney damage. Acidic urine is produced by meats. For optimal feline health, cat urine should be acidic at all times, so DO NOT FEED a cat fruits & vegetable-based food.

I assure you that my info is correct. I challenge any vet or pet food company to disprove me. My info is based on fact & research; they info is based on marketing/advertising/sales, and only that, and at the cost of feline health! Just sayin'

So, will I continue to try to feed this? Maybe, but not until I find out what I need to give to my cats to counter the unnecessary addition of (harmful) Lysine that will throw off the balance of nutrients that must be properly balanced...

Diary of a Mad Diva
Diary of a Mad Diva
by Joan Rivers
Price: $16.90
94 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, September 25, 2014
This review is from: Diary of a Mad Diva (Hardcover)
Joan Rivers was a genius. Gone way too soon as she had so much more to give us. I'll miss her very much. This book is very funny . She has something to say for each day of the year & won't disappoint.

AT&T CL84102 Dect 6.0 Landline Telephone, 2-Handsets
AT&T CL84102 Dect 6.0 Landline Telephone, 2-Handsets
Price: $59.28
145 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, September 25, 2014
Bought for dear friend & she's very happy with it so far! Sounds clear when we speak.

Pharmaceutical Specialties Free and Clear Shampoo 12 oz.
Pharmaceutical Specialties Free and Clear Shampoo 12 oz.
Offered by NG, Inc.
Price: $11.43
22 used & new from $5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, September 25, 2014
Great shampoo. Really cleans. A bit hard to spread it around the scalp but worth the effort. Clean scent.

Inside the President's Helicopter: Reflections of a White House Senior Pilot
Inside the President's Helicopter: Reflections of a White House Senior Pilot
by Jackie Boor
Price: $14.04
25 used & new from $0.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read., September 25, 2014
These bio's are always good reading. This one didn't disappoint.

Food Allergies: Traditional Chinese Medicine, Western Science, and the Search for a Cure
by Henry Ehrlich
Price: $16.20
37 used & new from $14.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, September 25, 2014
Great information. Highly recommend for those with the brainpower to understand science.

Work Like a Pro Photographer in Aperture 3: Learn by Video
Work Like a Pro Photographer in Aperture 3: Learn by Video
by Joseph Linaschke
Edition: DVD
Price: $27.99
21 used & new from $19.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product!, September 25, 2014
Good product if you have the patience. I started it, but haven't stuck with it. But all is here if you need help. Very clear & good instructor.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20