Profile for G. Reyes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 63

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. Reyes "ghavo..." RSS Feed (Virginia, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Valley Forge Flag Sewn Cotton United States Garden Flag, measures 12-Inch x 18-Inch
Price: $14.97
21 used & new from $7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality!, July 2, 2014
PROS:
-Well made. I can see it will e able to handle the rain, sun and wind
-Made in the USA
-simple packaging and not wasteful

CONS:
-smaller than expected but it was the right specs advertised

CONCLUSION:
I wish all products are made like this. Not like that Chinese junk you normally get. This flag looks to handle the rain, sun and wind. Will buy again.

Frozen [Blu-ray]
Frozen [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Kristen Bell
Price: $24.99
63 used & new from $14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids won't Let It Go!, May 30, 2014
This review is from: Frozen [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Pros:
-Blue Ray Quality is great
-Gives you a itunes download of the movie, plus the Incredibles
-Great movie story and moral lesson

Cons:
-High quality movie for itunes is 4 gigs each. My ipad is only 16 gigs... sigh <First-World Problems>
-To get the digital you have to sign up for the online Disney account. They suckered me in getting the soundtrack too. Now my girls can't stop singing the songs

Conclusion: I am overall satisfied with the quality of the Blueray. The movie is on my top 10 Disney movies. If you have kids and would like to build a snowman, this is the movie for you.

Mato & Hash 5-Toe Exercise "Barefoot Feel" Yoga Toe Socks With Full Grip Black M/L
Offered by The Fashion Rack
Price: $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Socks, May 30, 2014
Pros:
-Works like advertised
-Great grip and a good fit

Cons:
-I wore it like twice. Then didn't bother with it again.
-Quality is built more of a novelty thing. I don't see the rubber thingys on the bottom lasting more than a couple of washes.

Conclusion: Yes I fell victim to the "If I buy that I will do -BLANK- more". My wife is a regular yoga practitioner, and I have yet to see her or any of her classmates/friends wear these socks. I give it a meh...

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement, May 30, 2014
This is on my yearly purchase. There is a noticeable difference in air quality once I put in the new filter. I just find it disturbing the price fluctuates $2 to $3 dollars a day, here in Amazon. I never knew there was a significant supply/demand economical fluctuation in regards to air-filters. Just time it and buy. I haven't seen it dip below $28.

BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet (25 ft) - CL3 Rated - supports 3D and Audio Return [Latest HDMI version]
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $29.99
8 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, May 30, 2014
Pros:
-I get a good signal. My PS3 pipes at 1080i and works flawlessly.
-Long. I used it to run from my FIOS/PS3 setup, up the wall into the attic and down to the TV. Just barely made it.

Cons:
-Just like all HDMI cables, be careful on how far you bend them. They are not meant to have a crimp in the run.
-Can't cook bacon with them... sigh...

Conclusion. Forget the gold-plated, chrome-laced, diamond-studded cables. For under $15, you get just as good performance with these. Great buy.

CISSP All-In-One Exam Guide [With CDROM]
CISSP All-In-One Exam Guide [With CDROM]
by Shon Harris
Price: $42.18
90 used & new from $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, May 29, 2014
Where to begin?
-CISSP exam- it's a 6 hour 250 question exam with a free colonoscopy.

-CISSP book- very down in the weeds type of book. I did not use the CD but pounded the heck on the practice exam. Not as "reference book" as the CBK but it will help you understand the course material. There are some typos but every tech book has typos. I was getting 70 to 80% on the practice test before I was even comfortable with taking the exam. Coming from a very technical background I had difficulty in the "management" domains. The book helped me in understanding those parts.

-Qualitative Value- It's a good book for studying but you have to complement it with some other material. You CANNOT pass the exam on the book alone. ISC2 changed the exam (January of 2014) with a bunch of drag and drops and more scenario based questions. You have to know the material and how it applies to the situation. Unfortunately, this book does not prepare you for that. I don't think there is anything out there that can help explain the situations. You just have to know the material and how it applies.

-Quantitative Value- For less than $50 it's a great deal to include to your library. The exam costs $600 and the job salary automatically jumps you a good 20K (depending on your locality and previous education and job experience). It's a good deal

-Professional Impact Analysis - Buy the book, buy other books, go to CCCure for more info, buy another book, question your existence, reason out why you need this, buy the same book but different edition, curse out loud and register for the exam, fail the exam and repeat the process/pass the exam and feel a euphoria you never felt before then realize the responsibility you have in protecting the world from all the bad stuff it generates. If you get the CISSP you will be the IT superhero. Good luck.

-BTW- I passed the exam in under 4 hours and my colonsocopy came back as CLEAR. Wooohooo!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2014 5:26 AM PDT

Spalding Inflating Needles
Spalding Inflating Needles
Price: $0.89
26 used & new from $0.83

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, May 29, 2014
Plug it in, pump it up, inflate ball... just like magic... it works. You can't ask for anything more. Now if it makes bacon I'll give it 6 stars so for now just 5.

Grave of the Fireflies [Blu-ray]
Grave of the Fireflies [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Ayano Shiraishi
Price: $17.29
15 used & new from $16.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching story... On my top-10..., May 29, 2014
As an avid Anime watcher I was a bit confused in the beginning, with the whole ghost thing. I was expecting a little faster paced story but as the movie went along I started to get the "feel" of the movie. Being a father of 3, the movie hit me like a ton of bricks when they moved into the shelter. The pride and naivety of the son. I could not imagine what he could be thinking. In someway he shouldn't have been put in that situation. As for the anti-war sentiment, we always have to remember that there are always 2 sides to the story. There are no winners in War, just pride and losers.

I didn't cry but was more angry. Angry because of lack of compassion of the farmer, the lack of emotion Seita during the death, angry because of the lack of emotion he had during the burial. Most of all, I was angry because I understood why it was happening and why no one cared.

Take the movie with a grain of salt. It will pull you into care for the siblings, be happy with them for the simple joys they have and feel the warmth of the love they shared for one another, but as with life some struggles will be too much.

New Balance Men's M770 Athletic Running Shoe,Cherry Tomato/Black,9.5 D US
New Balance Men's M770 Athletic Running Shoe,Cherry Tomato/Black,9.5 D US
Offered by ShoeMetro
Price: $75.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect shoe for me!, March 7, 2014
Good day all!

Here's a quick review on the New Balance M770v3.

Usage Condition
-I'm slow runner at 5 to 5.5 mph
-I'm 5'6" @ 180 lbs (yeah I need so lose some pounds)
-Run about 5 to 10 miles a week (different terrain)
-I run about 3 races a year (varies from 5K to 10 milers)
-I use a custom medical insole (due to Plantar Fasciitis)

PROS
-$$- under 50 bucks. Can't beat that price for any serviceable shoe.
-Stability- For those normal Pronators out there, this has good support for you.
-Color- It's FREAKIN' Tomato RED. If you can handle the hotness, this shoe is for you.
-Comfort- Great cushion, and enough room for the insole.

CONS
-NB limited lifetime- ...sigh.... Every time NB comes out with a good shoe for me, it's gone the next 6 months. Model numbers doesn't normally translate to the same features
-Durability- I would get about 100 - 150 miles out of the shoe. That's when the rubber start to separate.

CONCLUSION: It's an overall GREAT buy. I've bought shoes that's over 100 bucks but I still gravitate back to this model. I highly recommend finding the right shoe in a running store so you can better know your foot dynamics. From there you can go bargain shopping.

NOTE: It's normally better to buy from the running stores, I did. Unfortunately, I could not find this specific model there or other Online retailers. I love me some Zappos!

Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 - Black
Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 - Black
Offered by Cimo Technologies
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim and fits like a glove, February 27, 2014
Whenever I get a new phone I bee-line towards a TPU cover, always!

PROS:
-Grip. Edge has a nice texture on it. Not too aggressive but won't slip off your hand. Also the back has a nice matte finish to it.
-Fit. Like a glove. TPU will flex so it was really easy to put on.
-Protection. Great but not Otterbox level. I've dropped the phone several times and no cracks. Like any other electronic device, the drop shock will sooner or later win.
-Price. $7. That's a Starbucks coffee (I buy 7-11 coffee so that's 6 refills)

CONS:
-I assume China made. After doing some research, the company Cimo Technologies is based in NJ. The case seems to to be an import. I didn't take any STARS off but just my observation. There was no made in the US or China tag on it.

CONCLUSION:
-It's a great, cheap and effective case. In a perfect world, we can buy locally grown/manufactured/designed products, but we can't. This is the next best thing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7