Profile for Josue Chaves > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Josue Chaves "Josh2986" RSS Feed (San Jose, CRC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Creature Commandos
Creature Commandos
by Mike W. Barr
Price: $15.13
55 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy, April 19, 2014
This review is from: Creature Commandos (Paperback)
On Black Friday I bought this book as a impulse. Had a huge list of comics that I wanted to buy and added this one because... well... because monster soldiers.
It didn't let me down. I usually buy comics more because of the writers (Alan Moore, Grant Morrisson, Gaiman, Mark Waid etc) than because of the characters and I was surprised of how good The Creature Commandos is. It's not deep literature of course but very well crafted entertainment. I was hoping this TPB to be boring fill in stories but instead I was not able to put down any of them. I really really loved it.

Tekkaman Blade Space Knight Tekkaman Evil Figma (Non-scale PVC Pre-painted Movable ABS & Pvc) [Japan Imports]
Offered by Find Store
Price: $38.00
137 used & new from $17.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Figma's Blade, March 1, 2014
Lance is a good figure, but not as good as Blade (Teknoman). This figure is a bit thinner and pointier, so it's easier to break and loose joints with it. Harder to pose also because of all the pointy objects it has.

I had a terrible experience with this one. One of his shoulders was broken when received, therefore I had to paste it to pose it with Blade on the very first night I got it. Then, trying to assemble the "X" blade, since it's a bit thinner than the regular one somehow I broke it also and bend it. I fixed it but don't use it for fear or destroying it also. I'm a careful guy btw, believe it or not,

If you want to buy any of the two Figma figures for Teknoman, I strongly suggest to buy Blade, as it looks cooler and it's more poseable and easy to manage than Lance. If, instead, you want to buy the two of them I consider both worthy of their price.

Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume Two
Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume Two
DVD ~ Mat Lucas
Offered by Flix4U
Price: $46.98
82 used & new from $3.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Clone Wars Volume II, March 1, 2014
If you are here I do not need to tell you how great Tartakovsky's Clone Wars is. Nor that we all daydream with the rumor that he pitched another one with Han Solo and Chewbacca and was never greenlighted.

That being said, Here's something I didn't liked after purchasing this product: I really loved the format of mini episodes the show had. However, this DVDs have all of them pieced together like a movie and not as they were aired in Cartoon Network.
I really loved the small run time they had and how each one teased you and left you wanting to watch the next one. It's not the same thing if you look at them as a complete movie. Wanted to see one of them each night I came from work btw, now I cannot do it :)

Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume One

Star Wars Clone Wars: Vols. 1 & 2
Star Wars Clone Wars: Vols. 1 & 2
10 used & new from $23.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best format for the show, March 1, 2014

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy (Episode IV: A New Hope / Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back / Episode VI: Return of the Jedi) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Mark Hamill
Offered by cds_dvds_guaranteed
Price: $96.83
35 used & new from $39.90

5.0 out of 5 stars STAR WARS (Blu Ray, blue case with Darth Vader looking sideways), February 23, 2014
This one brings the Special Edition of the movies, not the originals. I'm writing bc I was mislead but the most popular comment that this one had the original ones, probably because of a personal confusion. Meh. At least it's not the last ones. Enjoyed it but it was kind of a dissapointment at the moment. Will update when I see the extras.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2014 4:39 PM PDT

Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider
Offered by suezq1998
Price: $22.93
127 used & new from $12.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply excelent, February 23, 2014
This review is from: Tomb Raider (Video Game)
I'm writing this review a bit to defend the game. I wanted Tomb Raider but wasn't sure to buy it because I didn't played the previous ones, have never liked Lara Croft or anything related, and most of the critiques I've heard considered this one a bit short.

Bought the game on Black Friday because of a lightning deal and has become one of my favorites ever. It's worth it's regular price. As everybody knows this one has already been claimed an artistically great reboot.
It took me 2 months to complete at 100% playing it almost a complete day every weekend. That is, from morning up to the night. I never do this but I was so engaged with Tomb Raider I was unable to let it go.
Both sound, graphics and story are awesome, and my idea is that probably Tomb Raider appears to be pretty quick for gamers more because of how addictive it is than because of it really being THAT small.

The game brings also this small hardcover artbook that it's great to display.

So basically for me:
1. The game is awesome in every way possible. It's worth the money. (Enviroments, particles, story, sound, all types of gameplay, collectibles)
2. It's a reboot, therefore you don't need to have previous Tomb Raider knowledge.
3. The collectibles are really engaging (If you want to, you can deviate from the main story to find relics and other stuff).
4. It brings a cute hardcover artbook

Hope Lara keeps using his bow and arrow in this new series instead of the two guns, as you can tell what kind of character she is better with them that with her previous iconic 2 guns and personally she looks cooler with the bow.

Power, Sex, Suicide: Mitochondria and the Meaning of Life
Power, Sex, Suicide: Mitochondria and the Meaning of Life
by Nick Lane
Price: $14.19
92 used & new from $4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Science book I've ever bought, May 25, 2013
I cannot exprese the gratitude I feel towards Nick Lane after reading this book. This is the best science book I've ever read in my life. (I'd like to study biology but don't have the means to)

Everything: The format the book is written (it's divided in small sub chapters that you can read very quickly if you don't have time, i.e. in the morning instead of a newspaper article), the way Lane explains concepts (I even learned basic biology ideas I was never able to grasp), the way he presents the ideas itself...
Power, Sex, Suicide gives me the same sense of awe and admiration that Cosmos gave me the first time I saw it. I'd really wish Lane was as famous as Sagan in terms of popularizing science.
He (Lane) even presents ideas he doesn't agree with, which I really loved.

I'm looking forward to buying Oxygen and of course as you can see now I'm a really huge, huge Lane's fan.

Netflix
Netflix
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful, March 16, 2013
This review is from: Netflix (App)
I have a Kindle fire. The app takes a lot to load, the netflix library is incredibly small and not diverse. I'd suggest instead to pay for Amazon Prime, their library seems bigger

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 - Playstation 3
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 - Playstation 3
Offered by CheapO'Games
Price: $34.99
48 used & new from $31.49

5.0 out of 5 stars PES is still amazing, March 14, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love PES, loved Winning Eleven. I was afraid of the comments saying that it was soo hard to play that it wasn't fun anymore (I didn't had a PS2).
They are wrong. It just adds to the fun. What I like about PES the most is that it is a quick game, my brother and I both work and this is the only game we can enjoy together without being late. :3

Page: 1 | 2 | 3